The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,261 through 5,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 02 2012,14:52)
    Jehovah (YHWH/YHVH) is God

david

Hi David,

“YHVH is God”(117)  =  “Spirit of God”(117)  =  (117)יהוה האלהים  =  “God The Father”(117)

God's Signature  
                                           Proof of God=117
          GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
                   YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
                   Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
                   HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
                   God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
    (The thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)
    (Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 02 2012,15:00)
    Ed, I know I have asked this about 6 or 7 times, but if you believe that the holy spirit is God, I assume you have a file with scriptures in it, a list perhaps to explain this.

Or, is it really just the 2 scriptures that you interpret to hint at this belief?  I really would like to see all the scriptures listed together.  It shouldn't take that long and I would assume you would want to do this.

Hi David,

I have gave you only two verses so far and you seem
    to have trouble keeping the discussion of each of them separate.
    It is therefore best to discuss them one at a time as you first suggested.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 02 2012,17:19)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,07:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,06:22)
    Hi,
    The Holy Spirit is God
    but God is more than His Spirit.

Yes, Nick, of course.

[אהיה אשר אהיה]
    ěhyäh ăsher ěhyäh
    I will be what I will be (Ex.3:14)

God bless

[אהיה אשר אהיה]
    ěhyäh ăsher ěhyäh
    I will be what I will be (Ex.3:14)

Edj,

Yes that is the genuine truth:

ěhyäh ăsher ěhyäh

I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE

WHY NOT A TRIUNE GOD THEN???

Since scripture is crammed with proof for who is not blind!!

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Carmel,

Please join with me on the thread…   (Trinity and non-Trinity, can both views be correct?)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,07:11)

Quote (barley @ Mar. 01 2012,18:49)
    Acts 10:38

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power………….”

Or, in Ed's version (perhaps yours too, barley), “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with GOD and with power…………….”  :)

Hi Mike, (Paul's too)

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us “The Word”(HolySpirit) of reconciliation. (Link)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

This is one of your “proofs” that the Holy Spirit OF God is God Himself:

Acts 5
    3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God.”

I remind you that verse 9 says:
    9 Peter said to her, “How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

I will also give you a simple scenario:

Ed said, “Mike, my name is NOT Ed!”

Mike replied, “Ed, you are lying to MY FACE!”

Then David asked, “Ed, why would you lie to MIKE?”

Ed, my face is not ME, yet by lying TO MY FACE, you simultaneously lied to ME.  Are you able to understand this simple concept?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,09:06)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,15:32)
    SO WHAT, IF ANY, EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT “C”?

The 26 times we can read “Spirit OF God” in the scriptures, Ed.  The Bible calls for two or three witnesses, and we've offered you 26 of them.  Yet you say we've offered nothing?  ???

Hi Mike, (the FACTS support what I have been saying!)

(26)יהוה = “GOD”(26)

Fact #1. GOD's NAME, [יהוה], Theomatically matching “GOD”=26!
    Fact #2. The Short Form of God's Name, [יה], is pronounced “YÄ”=26.
    Fact #3. Man being created in YHVH's Image is first mentioned in Gen.1:26.
    Fact #4. “GOD”=26: matches the number of letters in the English alphabet, 26.
    Fact #5. “God's”, the possessive form of GOD, the number of times written is 26.
    Fact #6. “Spirit of God”, the possessive phrase, the number of times written is 26.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,16:47)

Or, in Ed's version (perhaps yours too, barley), “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with GOD and with power…………….”  :)

Hi Mike, (Paul's too)

not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us “The Word”(HolySpirit) of reconciliation.

How does that support your understanding of Acts 10:38 that God anointed Jesus with God? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,16:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,09:06)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,15:32)
    SO WHAT, IF ANY, EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT “C”?

The 26 times we can read “Spirit OF God” in the scriptures, Ed.  The Bible calls for two or three witnesses, and we've offered you 26 of them.  Yet you say we've offered nothing?  ???

Hi Mike, (the FACTS support what I have been saying!)

(26)יהוה = “GOD”(26)

Fact #1. GOD's NAME, [יהוה], Theomatically matching “GOD”=26!
    Fact #2. The Short Form of God's Name, [יה], is pronounced “YÄ”=26.
    Fact #3. Man being created in YHVH's Image is first mentioned in Gen.1:26.
    Fact #4. “GOD”=26: matches the number of letters in the English alphabet, 26.
    Fact #5. “God's”, the possessive form of GOD, the number of times written is 26.
    Fact #6. “Spirit of God”, the possessive phrase, the number of times written is 26.

Ed,

You can post those numbers until the cows come home. There is absolutely NOTHING in that post that teaches us the Spirit OF God is God Himself.

In fact, I don't even know what those numbers are supposed to prove. (And I bet I'm not alone on this.)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I guess the important thing is not to fall into the trap of the whore who derived another PERSON as God's Holy Spirit.
    Theology is of man not allowing scripture to teach.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm all for allowing the scriptures to teach.  Ed, “Spirit OF God” 26 times.  Let the scriptures do the teaching.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,09:47)
    Hi Ed,

Acts 5
    3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

Ed, my face is not ME, yet by lying TO MY FACE, you simultaneously lied to ME.  Are you able to understand this simple concept?

Hi Mike,

More FAKE stories used to prove a real one?
    Here are the facts concerning Acts 5:3-4…

Lie to the “HolySpirit” equals lied to God.
    And here are more facts that you have swept under the rug…

God is Spirit. (John 4:24)
    God is Holy. (Lev. 11:45)
    HolySpirit is God. (Acts 5:3-4)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,09:54)

Hi Mike, (Paul's too)

not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us “The Word”(HolySpirit) of reconciliation.

How does that support your understanding of Acts 10:38 that God anointed Jesus with God?  ???

Hi Mike,

“The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.” (John 14:10)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2012,09:58)
    Hi MB,
    I guess the important thing is not to fall into the trap of the whore who derived another PERSON as God's Holy Spirit.

Hi Nick,

Amen, that is the important thing! And to turn
    God's HolySpirit into an “IT” is not far behind either!

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,17:04)

Hi Ed,

Acts 5

Hi Mike,

Ed,

I'll take that as, “No Mike, I am NOT able to understand this simple concept.” :)

Mark 8:38
    If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Here is a fact YOU'VE swept under the rug, Ed:

Angels are spirit.
    Angels are holy.
    Holy Spirit is angels.

(Obviously they are not. But I hope you get the point.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,17:07)

Hi Mike, (Paul's too)

How does that support your understanding of Acts 10:38 that God anointed Jesus with God?  ???

Hi Mike,

God bless

Again, how does that support your understanding of Acts 10:38 that God anointed Jesus with God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,17:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2012,09:58)
    Hi MB,

Hi Nick,

Amen, that is the important thing! And to turn
    God's HolySpirit into an “IT” is not far behind either!

So Ed,

It's bad to make God's Holy Spirit into a person, unless that person is God Himself? ???

barley
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,10:13)

Hi Ed,

Acts 5

Hi Mike,

Ed,

I'll take that as, “No Mike, I am NOT able to understand this simple concept.”  :)

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Angels are spirit.  
    Angels are holy.
    Holy Spirit is angels.

(Obviously they are not.  But I hope you get the point.)

Mike,

That there are both evil and holy spirits seems reasonable.

Devils are unholy spirits.

there are spirit beings that are not unholy.

Angels would be one type.

they would be holy spirit beings.

But to capitalize the H and the S would be something different.

The Holy Spirit is simply another name/title for God/Father/Lord/rock/high tower/almighty…………..

The Holy Spirit is able to impart holy spirit to men.  In the OT, it was “upon” certain believers.  In this age of grace it is in all believers.  I John 4:13

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

In this verse spirit should not be capitalized for it refers to the gift not the Giver.

Sometimes pneuma refers to God, sometimes it refers to that gift.   Sometimes it refers to other aspects of the gift. Sometimes it refers to devil spirits.

Context determines what or which spirit it refers to.

God anointed Jesus with spirit.  

In this case it was spirit upon, but without measure.  That is, God did not hold back, God gave Jesus Christ all the potential that was available.

The Holy Spirit, God/Father gave us the gift of holy spirit/salvation/righteousness/eternal life/incorruptible seed.

Acts 11:17

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Like what?

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

In this verse, Holy Ghost should not be capitalized for God was not given, his gift was given.  the gift of holy spirit

Acts 2:4

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

They were filled with the gift of holy spirit, and spoke in tongues those words that God, the Spirit, the Giver, gave to them to speak.  They did the speaking, but it is God that gives the words.

Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of/from the Giver.

The Holy Spirit/God gives the gift which is holy spirit.

It is a magnificent study and truth to see these things.

barley

mikeboll64
    Blocked

barley,

It seems to me from your post that you understand that while God is indeed a Spirit and Holy, He is not the holy spirit that He GIVES to others.

I'm on board with that. But I don't know of any scripture where the term “Holy Spirit” is used in reference to God Himself – only many scriptures where it is used to refer to the spirit God GIVES.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,10:13)

Hi Ed,

Acts 5

Hi Mike,

Ed,

I'll take that as, “No Mike, I am NOT able to understand this simple concept.”  :)

Angels are spirit.  
    Angels are holy.
    Holy Spirit is angels.

(Obviously they are not.  But I hope you get the point.)

Hi Mike,

Do you have Scriptural references for each of those points?     …or do you only offer more FAKE scenarios?

Do you consider your FAKE scenarios to be equal with Scripture?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,10:14)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,17:07)

Hi Mike, (Paul's too)

Hi Mike,

God bless

Again, how does that support your understanding of Acts 10:38 that God anointed Jesus with God?

Hi Mike,

Scriptural evidence that points away from what you believe carries no weight with you; huh?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 5,261 through 5,280 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account