The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,221 through 5,240 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,06:22)
    Hi,
    The Holy Spirit is God
    but God is more than His Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is God

Hi Nick,

Yes, God is a compound,and compex spirit,but the Holy Spirit is one particular function,and apart of the Holy Spirit,there's the Father's Spirit,and the Son's Spirit.

All these are different functions of God's complex spirit.

In All according to scripture there are seven spirits of God.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    So God is One
    and not three.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    The seven spirits are angels[heb1.14]
    Otherwise why would they be IN FRONT OF God's throne?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Remember you said this
    “All these are different functions of God's complex spirit.”

Now gently prise loose the trinity theology men have added.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,07:06)
    Hi C,

Yes,Nick,

those seven spirits are formed,or rather created by these seven spirits, of God.

God is manifested in all His spirits.

Only the Father remain as a spirit,and He will be manifested on the last day as I explained in the previous post.

Currently He is manifested in Jesus since He glorified Him and also glorified Himself.

I blieve that the Holy Spirit is manifested in the virgin Mary on conception ,read LUKE 1:35………….And the angel answered and said unto her, The HOLY GHOST shall come upon thee, and the power of the HIGHEST shall OVERSHADOW YOU:

THERE ISN'T ANOTHER SO POWERFULL DESCRIPTION EXCEPT OF JESUS WHO IS GOD MAN, REGARDING THE SPIRIT OF GOD IN RELATION TO A CREATURE.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

abe
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 01 2012,09:14)
    Hi Nick,

Jn.5:37     And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. ye has neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Acts 2:33     Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit. He poured out this which you now see and hear.

………Peace.

Hi Carmel and Nick,

Please tell me, how you can say the Holy Spirit is God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    You said
    “those seven spirits are formed,or rather created by these seven spirits, of God.”

I think you have diverted from truth here – but prove me wrong

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,07:05)
    Hi C,
    So God is One
    and not three.

So God is One
    and not three.

Nick,
    If you feel uncomfortable to believe in a triune God don't believe.

But I myself am convinced only in a triune God.

Even the statement of the Angel Gabriel is a proof.

He said:

And the angel answered and said unto her, THE HOLY GHOST shall come upon thee, and the power of the HIGHEST shall overshadow thee:therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the SON OF GOD.

So he mentioned             THE FATHER
                                      THE SON
                           and      THE HOLY SPIRIT.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    Jesus compared the Spirit of God to the Finger of God.
    See Lk 11.20 Mt 12.28

Could the Finger be apart from the Being?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C
    “And the angel answered and said unto her, THE HOLY GHOST shall come upon thee, and the power of the HIGHEST shall overshadow thee:therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the SON OF GOD.”
    You need to put on trinity glasses to see a trinity here.
    throw them away

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,06:22)
    Hi,
    The Holy Spirit is God

Yes, Nick, of course.

[אהיה אשר אהיה]
    ěhyäh ăsher ěhyäh
    I will be what I will be (Ex.3:14)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,
    You said
    “Only the Father remain as a spirit,and He will be manifested on the last day as I explained in the previous post.

Currently He is manifested in Jesus since He glorified Him and also glorified Himself.”

But as you said God is one and the Spirit is one.

God manifests as His Spirit in many ways.
    ps 139.7

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Feb. 29 2012,22:35)

Ed,

I have to wonder why people have a problem with referring to the one true God as the Holy Spirit.  Of course, the reason being, that they have not been taught.  

God is holy  I Peter 1:16

“Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”

God is spirit.  John 4:24

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

God is holy spirit.

More precisely, God is the Holy Spirit.

Barely,

Isn't Jesus a spirit?

Isn't Jesus holy?

Aren't the angels spirits?

Are they holy?

By this logic there are many spirits that are holy, or holy spirits.

I, nor anyone here do not believe that God is not “holy” nor that he is a “spirit.”

But, the holy spirit is spoken of in a way that simply doesn't allow it to be God.

It's never worshiped.
    It's never directly said to be God (unlike Jehovah who is directly said to be God 1000 times)
    It's spoken of as something God possesses, NOT as something he is. (It is spoken of as God's finger, for example.)

So, yes, God is holy.  God is a spirit.

But God is not THE holy spirit that people usually refer to when they use that term.

Good answer, David.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Do you possess your finger?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,01:25)
    I possess my spirit, my spirit is me!

Do “YOU” get hungry for food? Does your spirit?

Your spirit is not “YOU”.

Do “YOU” consist of flesh? Does your spirit?

Are you getting the picture?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

David,

Ed will vouch for me on this:  Almost every discussion I've ever had with Ed eventually comes down to where you are with him in this discussion.

There comes a point when you just keep repeating, “It is the Spirit OF God, and therefore not God Himself.”  To which he'll just keep responding, “When are you going to prove your point C”?

When we reach this point in our discussions, as Ed will attest, I tell him it's time for me to walk away once again, because he has once again turned into the little boy who keeps insisting the grass is blue and the sky is green, no matter how much proof there is to the contrary.

His last response to me was, “What if the moon is made out of cheese?”  ???  How do I respond to that nonsense?

And his recent responses to you are his attempt to win by default, because you are a JW, and of course we all know JWs are “bad” and “a cult” and “totally wrong about scripture”, right?  :)  So he is trying to move the discussion away from the Holy Spirit point that he lost, and on to a discussion about the flaws of the JWs, where he knows he'll have plenty here willing to jump on the hate bandwagon.

Bottom line, he cannot possibly address the possession point that the Bible so clearly illustrates.  He now knows he can't address it, but doesn't want to “lose”, so any further discussion with him about it will be an effort in futility for you.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your posts.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 02 2012,16:40)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,01:25)
    I possess my spirit, my spirit is me!

Do “YOU” get hungry for food?  Does your spirit?

Do “YOU” consist of flesh?  Does your spirit?

Are you getting the picture?

mIKE

EDDY DOES NOT KNOW THAT IN MEN IF YOU DO NOT FEED THE BODY THE SPIRIT WILL GET under strong motivation to make you eat what ever you can find,it is only wen there is no hope for you to feed that your spirit gives up,

it is so with the spiritual factor ,there is a breaking point were we will not respond to after a certain dose of corruption in our mind.

this is why it is so important to stay with and search the truth in Gods word

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,18:17)

Quote (david @ Mar. 01 2012,15:29)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,14:39)

Quote (david @ Feb. 29 2012,14:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,13:54)

Hi David,
    He is also the owner of the human spirits that return to Him[Ecc12]

of course.

Hi David,

You mean the electricity that animates us rather than our Spirit; right?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed, do you think “electricity” animates us?  That is wierd ed.

Hi David,

Our spirit animates us; it is YOUR “JW” organization
    that calls our spirit electricity of some sort, is it not?

God bless

Ed, I just told you it wasn't. Why do you keep repeating this?

I will repeat this for you again, more slowly, i guess.

As I said, JW's illustrate it that way, much like the Bible illustrates God's holy spirit as a finger. It is for understanding.

JW don't literally think the holy spirit is electricity. They use that illustration to explain that it's not something with personality, but something that animates the person, somewhat like electricity animates inanimate objects.

I think I've already explained this, very clearly. So, if you ask it again, you either are insufficiently intelligent to understand what are very plain words, or you are purposely trying to propagate false impressions of JW for your own dishonest purposes. Or both perhaps.

david
    Participant

Do you not read my posts? Or do you just ignore them? I possess my spirit, my spirit is me!

Ed, you possess 1000's of things I imagine. Maybe 10's of thousands. How many of those things are you?

Ed, if I cut off your finger, and kept it for myself, and put it in my pocket, I would not have “you” but I would have a part of you.

Virtually every person on the planet understands this.

Unless, perhaps, you are confusing “soul” (person) as in 8 souls on the ark, for example with “spirit,” which would be a common mistake.
    If you want to begin that discussion, fine. is that what you believe?

–That you are a spirit being inside a body, and if the body dies, your spirit continues on? (if that's what you believe, perhaps I understand your ideas better. But, it isn't a scriptural idea, although it is a common one.)

“Spirit of God”, the possessive phrase, the number of times written is 26.

Perhaps, but it's used possessively much more than that, with other phrasing. As in: God's holy spirit, or the God's spirit, etc.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,18:32)

Quote (david @ Mar. 01 2012,15:50)

Hi David,

Here's another FACT for you to dismiss,
    Like you dismiss Acts 5:3-4 in favor of
    'the watchtower society's' teaching…  

Ed, your nonsensical Bible code, secret voo doo magic number thing, that no one understands has most likely lead you to this bogus, insulting, unbiblical, defamatory, false belief.  Your Secret Bible code organization or prophets or priests or whatever have lead you astray.  The information they are feeding you is false, and bizarre.  And most on here think those particular ideas are false, and weird.

Ed, do you see what I just did there?  I hate myself for it, but I no longer tolerate it when thinking people do it to me.  Ad hominims do not help your case Ed.  I am sorry for using them on you.  But I want you to see how stupid they are, when you use them on me.  
    If you actually knew a little more about me, you would know just how dumb it is to use such things on me.

The actual truth is, I never looked at the watchtower library once while discussing this with you.  Why would I?  

Ed, I don't mind it so much when people that don't know better do this.  But with certain ones on here, it feels like when they are stuck or can't find an answer or don't know what to say, they just start calling names or attacking me subtly in ways that are in no way related to the discussion we are having.  I no longer tolerate such foolishness Ed.  I am not who I once was.

Dave

Hi David,

I guess you admit you're a hypocrite than, huh?

God bless

Ed, I flipped to the other side of the coin with you.

The scripture in proverbs, where it says to respond to someone's foolishness with their own foolishness.

And, the difference between the two of us is, I was using it as an example, pointing it out, and I truly hate doing it and it bothers me.

You don't realize the fallacies you commit, and if you do, they don't seem to bother you, because you fall back to them when ever you can't asnwer questions or feel threatened, as Mike said.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,221 through 5,240 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account