The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,901 through 4,920 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus spoke the words that came from God.
    His words were Spirit and life from God within him
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    The Spirit of God is the only way you can be reach God and be reached by Him in creation.
    He is in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,17:06)
    I've looked through the entire Bible.  Here are some phrases I found repeatedly in Scripture:

Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah God–50 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–2 times
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time

1000 times Ed.  1000 times, we are clearly and unmistakably told without question that Jehovah is God.

Luke 12 certainly says no such thing.  If you look up the definition of blasphemy, you will see that it can apply to sacred things (such as the holy spirit) and doesn't have to apply to God.

And Acts 5:3,4, is extremely week.  Why is it made so abundantly clear that “Jehovah is God” and at the most, only vaguely hinted at that the holy spirit is?  Odd, don't you think?

Given that the holy spirit is God's holy spirit, his finger, it is “of” him, it should be understandable that to lie to the holy spirit is to lie to God.

If I cut your finger off, I could equally say that I made “you” ed, bleed.  Does this mean that your “finger” IS you?  

No, just like God's holy spirit is called his “arm” and his “finger” in scripture, so too, we understand that is “of” him.  

If we consider scriptures such as this that speak of the holy spirit as God's finger, it's very easy to understand why it isn't made clear that the holy spirit is “God.”  Because it isn't!  

Look at the scripture.  You lied to the holy spirit. You lied to God.
    Well, couldn't I say: I made your finger bleed.  I made YOU bleed?

Does this mean that your finger IS you?  Or is it “of” you?  As in the spirit “of” God, as it's often said to be?

I find it so bizarre that Jehovah can be so clearly called “God” 1000 times, and you think that this one scripture, which doesn't say: “the holy spirit is God” or “the holy spirit my God” or anything like that, is proof of something?  

You do remember the “finger” scripture I speak of, I assume?

david

ED, I WOULD RATHER DISCUSS THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, THEN THE KJ BIBLE.  BUT IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KJ BIBLE AND THE USE AND NON USE OF “JEHOVAH” AND ALSO YHVH, AND WHICH IS CORRECT, WE COULD DO SO IN THE KJ THREAD.

Hi david,
    It seems odd that since the JWs dogmas are usually based on one verse wrongly interpreted that you would throw aside Acts 5 as if is was rubbish?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………”His words were Spirit and Life From GOD (WITHIN) HIM”, is exactly Right brother, But many just don't understand that , but it is just that simple IMO> God is Spirit and Indwells all who have Him (IN) them. These are the sons of the Living GOD they are Impregnated with HOLY SEED from their Heavenly FATHER. John said ” NOW WE ARE THE SON OF GOD” All who have his Spirit (IN) them are son of HIS NOW.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:59)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:09)

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,16:02)
    Also,

Similarly, you often point out the “Jehovah” is incorrect.  Yet, you also think the KJ is God's Bible with a secret message to us.  So, why have it spelled wrongly?  (I am not here trying to state that “Jehovah” is a correct translation, but only trying to understand your thoughts on the KJ and it's use of “Jehovah.”)

Hi David,

What is the secret message?

God bless
    Ed J

You are the one that knows the secret Bible number code.  You tell me.  What secret message?  Or messages perhaps.

Hi David,

Mathematical proof that God exists.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,17:01)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:25)

……………………….Three Altars
    ……………………….YHVH Banner=117

1) Genesis 22:14, “Jehovah-Jireh” means: “GOD will see” and “GOD will provide”;
    this appertains to “JESUS”=74, which is “our provision back to GOD”. (II Cor. 5:19)

2) Exodus 17:15, “Jehovah-Nissi” means: “GOD is My Banner”, which illustrates  
    GOD THE FATHER”=117, because under GOD’s banner we all stand. (Psalm 60:4)

3) Judges 6:24, “Jehovah-Shalom” relates: “GOD is My Peace” to the comforter,
    the “HOLY SPIRIT”=151, because the Spirit brings us GOD’s comfort. (John 14:26)

Ed, which is correct?

1. YHVH
    2. Jehovah

I don't suggest either is correct, but only want to know your thoughts on the KJ, which has 'Jehovah', yet you use YHVH??

Shalom David,

1.A. God's name is יהוה “YHVH”, pronounced YÄ-hä-vā
    1.B. God's Son's name is יהשוע, pronounced YÄ-shü-ă.

2.A. We, however, are more familiar with the name “JEHOVAH”.
    2.B. And in like manor we are more familiar with the name “Jesus”.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)
    עד (Ed) (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 25 2012,17:10)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,13:42)

HI Georgie, thank you for attempt to answer my question, but your answer now leads to yet another question…

What “Spirit” are you suggesting that Jesus was referring to in John 6:63?…   <– Please answer

the words that I(Jesus) speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

Will you PLEASE answer the questions that I ask?   Along with whatever else you wish to say?
    Your uncle gives L O N G responsive posts, BUT IGNORES THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASK HIM TO ANSWER?

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Ed

Yes I can answer your question directly.

Those words that Jesus speaks to us are not just ordinary words, like the type you find in a normal book, but these words give life.  These Words come from God, and as we know, God is spirit, so his words are spiritual too.  

The words that Jesus speaks could be likened to an instruction manual, if you like. They come from God, who is spirit.  Stick to this manual and you will receive life, your reward at the end of it.  Everlasting life.  
    Follow this manual, not another manual, this is a spiritual manual.  The words are spirit, because the word is alive, and this word changes lives.

Thank you, Georgie,

And yes, I agree with this post completely! :)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

david
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,18:34)

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,17:06)
    I've looked through the entire Bible.  Here are some phrases I found repeatedly in Scripture:

Jehovah God–50 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–2 times
    Jehovah is my God–1 time

1000 times Ed.  1000 times, we are clearly and unmistakably told without question that Jehovah is God.

Luke 12 certainly says no such thing.  If you look up the definition of blasphemy, you will see that it can apply to sacred things (such as the holy spirit) and doesn't have to apply to God.

And Acts 5:3,4, is extremely week.  Why is it made so abundantly clear that “Jehovah is God” and at the most, only vaguely hinted at that the holy spirit is?  Odd, don't you think?

Given that the holy spirit is God's holy spirit, his finger, it is “of” him, it should be understandable that to lie to the holy spirit is to lie to God.

If I cut your finger off, I could equally say that I made “you” ed, bleed.  Does this mean that your “finger” IS you?  

No, just like God's holy spirit is called his “arm” and his “finger” in scripture, so too, we understand that is “of” him.  

If we consider scriptures such as this that speak of the holy spirit as God's finger, it's very easy to understand why it isn't made clear that the holy spirit is “God.”  Because it isn't!  

Look at the scripture.  You lied to the holy spirit. You lied to God.
    Well, couldn't I say: I made your finger bleed.  I made YOU bleed?

Does this mean that your finger IS you?  Or is it “of” you?  As in the spirit “of” God, as it's often said to be?

I find it so bizarre that Jehovah can be so clearly called “God” 1000 times, and you think that this one scripture, which doesn't say: “the holy spirit is God” or “the holy spirit my God” or anything like that, is proof of something?  

You do remember the “finger” scripture I speak of, I assume?

david

ED, I WOULD RATHER DISCUSS THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, THEN THE KJ BIBLE.  BUT IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE KJ BIBLE AND THE USE AND NON USE OF “JEHOVAH” AND ALSO YHVH, AND WHICH IS CORRECT, WE COULD DO SO IN THE KJ THREAD.

Hi david,
    It seems odd that since the JWs dogmas are usually based on one verse wrongly interpreted that you would throw aside Acts 5 as if is was rubbish?

Nick, it's so bizarre that you here do exactly what you accuse other groups of doing.

If you think the holy spirit is “god” and if you use that one verse to try to prove it, are you not doing precisely what you accuse others of?

Nick, if you check, you will find that on this subject there are hundreds of scriptures that are used as proof that the holy spirit is not God. And there are 1 or possibly 2 scriptures that are stretched t the limit to prove that the holy spirit is God.

And since you cannot possibly argue this, you revert back to your old trusted friend, the personal attack, ad hominims.

Nick, show me how acts 5 proves your case. Discuss this with me intelligently.

David

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,02:46)

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,17:01)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,16:25)

……………………….Three Altars
    ……………………….YHVH Banner=117

1) Genesis 22:14, “Jehovah-Jireh” means: “GOD will see” and “GOD will provide”;
    this appertains to “JESUS”=74, which is “our provision back to GOD”. (II Cor. 5:19)

2) Exodus 17:15, “Jehovah-Nissi” means: “GOD is My Banner”, which illustrates  
    GOD THE FATHER”=117, because under GOD’s banner we all stand. (Psalm 60:4)

3) Judges 6:24, “Jehovah-Shalom” relates: “GOD is My Peace” to the comforter,
    the “HOLY SPIRIT”=151, because the Spirit brings us GOD’s comfort. (John 14:26)

Ed, which is correct?

1. YHVH
    2. Jehovah

I don't suggest either is correct, but only want to know your thoughts on the KJ, which has 'Jehovah', yet you use YHVH??

Shalom David,

1.A. God's name is יהוה “YHVH”, pronounced YÄ-hä-vā
    1.B. God's Son's name is יהשוע, pronounced YÄ-shü-ă.

2.A. We, however, are more familiar with the name “JEHOVAH”.
    2.B. And in like manor we are more familiar with the name “Jesus”.

B'shem, יהוה (YÄ-hä-vā)
    עד (Ed) (Joshua 22:34)

Ed, I understand what you are saying. But my question was one of the kj. If Jehovah isn't the correct pronunciation as you repeatedly say, and if the kj is perfect, or the perfect or best translation, why does it have “Jehovah” in it?

david
    Participant

Nick. If I am the only one willing to look at and discuss what it says and what it doesn't say, how is that treating it as rubbish?

It is rubbish every time you commit logical fallacies such as ad homonims. If you think acts 5 proves something about the holy spirit, why not try to convey that thought, instead of emotional attacks?

david
    Participant

On acts 5

1. You lied to the holy spirit (of God).
    2. You lied to God.

3. You cut the finger (of David).
    4. You cut David.

We understand that statements such as 3 and 4 can both be correct and make perfect sense: you cut the finger “of” David. Or, more generally, you cut David.

And even though we all realize that it is the spirit “of” God and that it's Gods holy spirit, we somehow can't understand that to lie to Gods holy spirit is to lie to God.

In scripture, Gods spirit is called his finger. So, the illustration should make sense to everyone.
    Why doesn't it?

Nick, can you explain why I am wrong? Is this the ONE and only scripture that you use to come to this conclusion? What of the rest of the Bible?

nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi D,
    Then explain Acts 5 to us.
    You seem to treat things of God with disdain.

david
    Participant

Nick, I just did explain it.

Now, you explain the rest of the whole bible, which you seem to ignore? Why do you not want to discuss this? Why can you only attack and not discuss?

david
    Participant

Nick, it's so bizarre that you here do exactly what you accuse other groups of doing.

If you think the holy spirit is “god” and if you use that one verse to try to prove it, are you not doing precisely what you accuse others of?  

Nick, if you check, you will find that on this subject there are hundreds of scriptures that are used as proof that the holy spirit is not God.  And there are 1 or possibly 2 scriptures that are stretched t the limit to prove that the holy spirit is God.

And since you cannot possibly argue this, you revert back to your old trusted friend, the personal attack, ad hominims.

Nick, show me how acts 5 proves your case.  Discuss this with me intelligently.  

david
    Participant

Nick, you speak of disrespect.

If the holy spirit was “god,” is it not disrespectful of the writers of the bible to not refer to it that way?

Here is what the writers have said:

Jehovah God–50 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–2 times
    Jehovah is my God–1 time

WHY NOT USE SUCH EXPRESSIONS FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT IF IT TRULY IS GOD?

It's almost as if the bible writers didn't know what you seem to know. Odd.

david
    Participant

On acts 5

1. You lied to the holy spirit (of God).  
    2. You lied to God.

3. You cut the finger (of David).  
    4. You cut David.

We understand that statements such as 3 and 4 can both be correct and make perfect sense:  you cut the finger “of” David.  Or, more generally, you cut David.  

And even though we all realize that it is the spirit “of” God and that it's Gods holy spirit, we somehow can't understand that to lie to Gods holy spirit is to lie to God.

In scripture, Gods spirit is called his finger.  So, the illustration should make sense to everyone.
    Why doesn't it?  

Nick, can you explain why I am wrong?  Is this the ONE and only scripture that you use to come to this conclusion?  What of the rest of the Bible?

nick?

nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    God is more than just His Spirit.
    He is Spirit.[Jn4] He has a soul.[ps 11]

But God IS in heaven.
    His finger reaches out into His Creation.
    We need to respect His manifestation as no less than Him.

david
    Participant

Nick. I don't disagree with what you say. Yet, you seem to think that the holy spirit is God.

If you are backing away from this belief, just say so. But if you believe it, then explain yourself. No need to randomly introduce ideas I don't disagree with.

david
    Participant

Nick, you made the statement that I treat acts 5 as rubbish. Can you explain your statement?

Nick, have you began to believe the trinity idea?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    The finger of God is the only way you can know God now.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,901 through 4,920 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account