The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,821 through 4,840 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Carmel,
    If you approach scripture with a triune concept of God you can produce theologies that seem to fit.
    But Scripture does not present a triune God.
    fit with scripture. Listen.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2012,12:13)
    J42

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? “””even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”””

you know that every religion member uses that scripture to trow at someone else ,so see if  you understand that scripture and let see if you used wisely or just abusively I mean out of context ,

1Co 2:10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
    1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
    1Co 2:12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
    1Co 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
    1Co 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment:
    1Co 2:16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?”

their are many words in those verses ;like ;search, make spiritual judgments,search even the deep things of God WHERE ? IN HIS WORD THE SCRIPTURES,RIGHT, expressing spiritual truths,

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from GodTHIS IS VERSE 12

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT pAUL IS SAYING ?????

Pierre

Why don't we start from here
    1 Corinth 2:4   And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.

When they spoke, they spoke truth.  They had spiritual knowledge, because they fed of Christ, not of men who teach worldly things.  They didn't tickle anyones ears, but spoke truth.  This truth they spoke is the Word of God, and they are witnesses.  Their spiritual knowledge exceeded the scribes and pharisees.  They demonstrated which spirit was in them….the holy spirit.  They also demonstrated this spirit in them with the miracles they were granted to perform.  This is demonstrating the Spirit's power.  It was manifested what spirit was in them for all too see.

1 Corinth 1:6   Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought.

1 Corinth 1:7   But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

1 Corinth 1:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

These have absolutely no idea.  They didn't search otherwise they would of found out.

1 Corinth 1:10   But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit:  for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Seek and ye shall find.  One with the Spirit of God in him will search out the real deep things of God, and these mysteries will be revealed to them only by God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit.  They will find out what's going to happen, and no longer a mystery anymore

1 Corinth 2:11-14 backs up and confirms all the above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Good stuff J

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 20 2012,18:27)

J42

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? “””even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”””

you know that every religion member uses that scripture to trow at someone else ,so see if  you understand that scripture and let see if you used wisely or just abusively I mean out of context ,

1Co 2:11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
    1Co 2:12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
    1Co 2:13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
    1Co 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment:

their are many words in those verses ;like ;search, make spiritual judgments,search even the deep things of God WHERE ? IN HIS WORD THE SCRIPTURES,RIGHT, expressing spiritual truths,

We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from GodTHIS IS VERSE 12

Pierre

1 Corinth 2:4   And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.

When they spoke, they spoke truth.  They had spiritual knowledge, because they fed of Christ, not of men who teach worldly things.  They didn't tickle anyones ears, but spoke truth.  This truth they spoke is the Word of God, and they are witnesses.  Their spiritual knowledge exceeded the scribes and pharisees.  They demonstrated which spirit was in them….the holy spirit.  They also demonstrated this spirit in them with the miracles they were granted to perform.  This is demonstrating the Spirit's power.  It was manifested what spirit was in them for all too see.

1 Corinth 1:6   Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought.

1 Corinth 1:7   But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.

1 Corinth 1:9   But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

These have absolutely no idea.  They didn't search otherwise they would of found out.

1 Corinth 1:10   But God has revealed them unto us by his Spirit:  for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Seek and ye shall find.  One with the Spirit of God in him will search out the real deep things of God, and these mysteries will be revealed to them only by God's Spirit, the Holy Spirit.  They will find out what's going to happen, and no longer a mystery anymore

J42

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

do you think i can not read ?? all you have quoted is scriptures ,this is not I was after ,it was the way you use them ,

1Cr 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? “””even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”””

The above verse is what I am saying. Any one can read scripture, but if the Holy Spirit is not present, then we will not understand. The holy spirit reveals the things of God.

What does Wakeup need to prove you wrong with? Can you clarify. I don't read every single post, so don't know which subject you are talking about.

thanks Georg

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 20 2012,03:27)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 19 2012,16:11)
    Rev 13:6   And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Rev 13:7   And it was given him to make war with the [/b]saints[/b], and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame

Rev 19:20   And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image.  These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

J42…………This all takes place at the END OF the Millennial Reign   of Jesus and the SAINTS.  When Evil  (ha-satan) is released from the bottomless Pit. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

Hi Gene

Thanks for your feedback.

Rev 13:7 is specifically speaking about the false prophet.  Of course Satan is there with him in the background, directing his every move, but it is this man, this son of perdition, the false prophet, a man whom Satan has chosen to lead and carry out his will to persecute the saints.  This man the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire at Jesus second coming, along with the first beast – 10 horns, new world order, the false prophets army, his man power. They get destroyed at Christ's coming, at the start of the millennial reign.

Satan is not referred to as a beast.  Beasts refers to empires and kings that come out of man (peoples).  The false prophet also is a man, but the idea behind his purpose comes out of the bottomless pit. Satan is the dragon that gives his power to the beasts and this false prophet to perform his will.

see here
    Rev 19:19 – And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse

do we agree that this happens at Christ's coming? This big war in Israel that is going on (Jacob's trouble) they are all fighting each other (the kings of the east verses the kings of the north) then they see Christ coming during this war, and start fighting against Christ now.

We know from the scriptures that Christ comes, else or flesh would be destroyed, as they are all killing each other in this war.  There is a huge blood bath happening here.  And outside of Israel as well, the wrath of God has been poured out by the seven trumpets.  1/3 of the trees burn't up, the sea and rivers contaminated, the sun dark from all the smoke and bombs, the bottomless pit opened and evil spirits stinging men.  There would be a lot of dead animals, and vegetation destroyed, no clean water, pollution, sickness, disease, famine, total chaos everywhere

This false prophet and his armies, have caused all this.  The mark of the beast, the persecution of the saints, the invasion of Israel… that great war.  They must be destroyed now with babylon the great,  that new world system they created – The New World Order, that final system, that all the other world systems developed into, must be done away with.

Rev 19:20   And the beast was taken , and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image.  These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone

The beast is the 10 kings along with the false prophet. Not Satan and the false prophet.  

immediately after all this, at Christ's coming, Satan, the dragon is bound up for a thousand years

Rev 20:1   And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, and bound him a thousand years.

Rev 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed for a little season.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2012,11:51)

J42

Pierre

J42

do you think i can not read ?? all you have quoted is scriptures ,this is not I was after ,it was the way you use them ,

The above verse is what I am saying.  Any one can read scripture, but if the Holy Spirit is not present, then we will not understand.  The holy spirit reveals the things of God.

What does Wakeup need to prove you wrong with?  Can you clarify.  I don't read every single post, so don't know which subject you are talking about.

thanks Georg

Pierre,
    If I explain without scripture, you say I'm making it up.
    If I use scripture, you say anyone can quote scripture.

I highlighted key words. I understand what Paul is saying.
    I gave explanation as well.

What more do you want from me.
    You are a bad teacher Pierre, and you scare your students away. Is this how you are in real life?

I gave you scripture explaining the context it's written in.
    It's simple. Not hard stuff to my understanding. The scripture explains itself. No need for my explanation as well

I should of told you simply that you can't understand the deep things of God, unless the spirit of God is in you. Unless you have this, all things pertaining to the Kingdom of God will be a mystery and you won't know them. So you have to search deep, and not just scratch the surface.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 20 2012,12:32)

J42

Pierre

J42

The above verse is what I am saying.  Any one can read scripture, but if the Holy Spirit is not present, then we will not understand.  The holy spirit reveals the things of God.

What does Wakeup need to prove you wrong with?  Can you clarify.  I don't read every single post, so don't know which subject you are talking about.

thanks Georg

Pierre,

I highlighted key words.  I understand what Paul is saying.

You are a bad teacher Pierre, and you scare your students away.  Is this how you are in real life?

It's simple.  Not hard stuff to my understanding.  The scripture explains itself.  No need for my explanation as well.

I should of told you simply that you can't understand the deep things of God, unless the spirit of God is in you.  Unless you have this, all things pertaining to the Kingdom of God will be a mystery and you won't know them.  So you have to search deep, and not just scratch the surface.

Teach me Pierre

Show me your spiritual wisdom.
    You say you taught wakeup
    If you taught wakeup, then you must be really up there.
    teach me too
    but be nice

journey42
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 20 2012,12:38)

J42

Pierre

J42

thanks Georg

Pierre,

I highli
    ghted key words.  I understand what Paul is saying.

You are a bad teacher Pierre, and you scare your students away.  Is this how you are in real life?

It's simple.  Not hard stuff to my understanding.  The scripture explains itself.  No need for my explanation as well.

I should of told you simply that you can't understand the deep things of God, unless the spirit of God is in you.  Unless you have this, all things pertaining to the Kingdom of God will be a mystery and you won't know them.  So you have to search deep, and not just scratch the surface.

Teach me Pierre

teach me too
    but be nice

Pierre

I even quoted the wrong chapters.

Should be 1corinth chapter 2 not chapter1
    You didn't even pick this up yet

Why? because you didn't go to the bible to look them up yourself. Don't just trust what I say. Go straight to the word. People type bo boos on here, and nobody notices sometimes because every one wants to be the mean teacher.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 20 2012,19:38)

J42

Pierre

J42

thanks Georg

Pierre,

I highli
    ghted key words.  I understand what Paul is saying.

Teach me Pierre

teach me too
    but be nice

J42

first did you see what you imply by coding that scripture to Georg ??

terraricca
    Participant

j42

I can bring you to the water but I can not make you drink it ,got this ??? and I am not a good teacher ,my English is terrible,

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2012,03:49)
    Hi Carmel,
    If you approach scripture with a triune concept of God you can produce theologies that seem to fit.
    But Scripture does not present a triune God.
    fit with scripture. Listen.

Nick,

What make you so sure that God is not triune,when there's substantial, and clear evidence that God is so ??

Do you approach scripture with the concept that God is not triune??

Since you approach scripture with the concept that God is not triune,do you ignore whatever is against that concept.

The fact that God is one it doesn't actually mean that is not triune.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Carmel,
    I believe what Scripture teaches.
    Scripture does not TEACH a trinity.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 21 2012,04:03)
    Hi Carmel,

Hi Everyone,

Link

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Show me scripture which proves,and it is clear as crystal that God is one entity.

I can show you that

only three persons are ever called GOD.

only three persons have attributes of GOD

only three persons know the works of GOD

To emphasize : not one person,not two persons,not more that three persosn  BUT ONLY THREE PERSONS,IN RELATION TO THE ABOVE.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

How do you define “person”?   …also did you click on the link in my last post?

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Folk fail to realise that using words like PERSON and BEING to describe heavenly things is straying from the proper use of scriptural tools into the dark world of man's THEOLOGY

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 21 2012,17:25)
    Hi Carmel,

How do you define “person”?   …also did you click on the link in my last post?

God bless

How do you define “person”?   did you click on the link in my last post?

Edj,

First, I did ,but I don't believe it's worth discussing something which is more directed to PARADOX,then to the actual belief of a triune GOD or not.

The word PERSON when it refers to God is still not proper'

The word person for us is an absolute one .(although he is not realy one substance)

When it is referred to God although it is meant to be one, it still functions as a unity of three,and vice versa.

Example:

When the Son was in the world although He was one person, in fact He was united as one with the person of the Father through the Holy Spirit in the full power of God.

When in Genesis 1:2 says: the spirit of God moved,although only the spirit of God is mentioned,it still was united with the Father to start creation through the Son,since all is created through Him.

Scripture gives proof that God is ONE,but  in the unity of the Godhead there are three eternal and co-equal Persons,the same in substance,or essence,but distinct in subsistence or existence.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Carmel,
    The scientific view of God will never be as good as knowing Him.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Feb. 21 2012,17:22)

Hi Carmel,

Show me scripture which proves,and it is clear as crystal that God is one entity.

I can show you that

only three persons are ever called GOD.

only three persons have attributes of GOD

only three persons know the works of GOD

To emphasize : not one person,not two persons,not more that three persosn  BUT ONLY THREE PERSONS,IN RELATION TO THE ABOVE.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

cARMEL.

GOD IS ONE; in him is the word and in the word; the holy spirit. Not 3 persons,never: he is one God.The hindu god has 3heads, but not the true God.
    IS THERE A GOD BESIDE ME ? NO THERE IS NO GOD.(isiah44:8.)
    beside me there is no saviour.(isiah43:11.)

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Feb. 03 2007,14:05)
    “In other words “God the Father” is who and “God is a spirit” is what”.

And when we are born again we receive the Holy spirit.  Know ye not that ye are the temple of GOD.

If you have the Spirit of God then you have GOD.

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If you are the temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells in you then the Spirit IS God.

Jesus (the only begotten SON of GOD) has the Spirit of God without measure.  Jesus has the LIFE of God.  That's why Jesus said when you see me you have seen the Father.
    We too have the Spirit of God the life of the Father through Jesus.  That's what makes us children.  Again, you are your Father's child because you have some of your father in you.

God all in all! Amen

kenrich…………..Was right on IMO, and I also agree with Nick, trying to tie Spiritual things through the eyes of Physical things is Metaphysical pagan Greek theology, It does not work. Spirit is one thing and Physical is quite another and all living “BODIES are Physical and contain Spirit (IN) them or they could not live. . Jesus was not lying when he said the FATHER who is SPIRIT was (IN) Him and He is In all who have His spirit (IN) them they are one with Jesus and GOD the Father and each other also.

There is no way any of GOD Physical creation that has life (IN) them can live without a BODY they simply will cease to exist. If they are to exist they must have another Physical Body supplied for them Just as Jesus did by the resurrection of his BODY By GOD and His spirit added back into it . A LIVING SOUL is a BODY + Spirit (in) it. That is all a Living soul is and once that union is separated that person ceases to exist until the Spirit is reinstalled into a physical Body of some Kind. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 4,821 through 4,840 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account