The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The book is full of the glorious deeds of men.
    But a wise man will see it is all the work of God's Spirit.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,17:32)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,16:45)

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 16 2012,05:37)
    I recently attended a Baptist church service; we started of with singing a few songs.
    One of the songs started with;

In the name of the Father;

In the name of the Son;

In the name of the Spirit;

Now, we know the name of the Father is Jehovah.

The name of the Son is Jesus.

The name of the Spirit is ?, what?

Georg

What spirit were they talking about George?

Not right to say in the name of the Spirit.  They have to identify this spirit.

If it is the holy spirit then I can answer your question,
    but are you going to ridicule my answer because I'm getting a bit too afraid to answer you incase you growl at me.

Hi Georgie,

WOW, that seems to the same problem Wake-up has, WHAT A COINCIDENCE. (Link) ???

I would be interested in hearing YOUR answer, or should I wait for Wakeup to explain it? :laugh:

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Hi Ed

Why are you trying to insult me by calling me wakeup? Actually I'm not insulted, it's a compliment.
    I have my own brain you know. Wakeup can only guide us to the answer in scripture, but the holy spirit helps with the teaching and understanding. If there is no holy spirit there , there is no understanding. Sometimes it takes a while to click.

Birds of a feather flock together. We are of the same flock.
    Wakeup is not a prophet or a God, but he is an excellent labourer in Christ. The knowledge given to him is from years and years of searching the scriptures, with a pure heart. His motive is to sharpen the brothers. His knowledge would rip many on this forum to shreds, and I know that personally.
    His questions are always fully loaded
    and the wicked in heart are the ones to attack, and they do it maliciously,
    so they don't learn.
    and God is watching.

And you should know the answer to the question. So should George and Pierre. You shouldn't even have to ask because many of you claim to be the teachers and final authority on here.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

Do you two know each other outside of this forum?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,20:11)

And you should know the answer to the question.  So should George and Pierre.

Hi Georgie,

What question?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

You mean this question?    ….The Holy Spirit;, what is his name?

Yes of course I do: “The Word” of God! (Rev.19:13)
        He is also “KING of Kings” and “LORD of Lords”!

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

God(YÄ-hä-vā) named his Son “YA-shu-a”.

“The Word” would be a funny name to name a child?   …would it not?

“The Word”, however, is catchy name for God's “HolySpirit”(Rev.19:13).

Go
    ye therefore,
    and teach all nations,
    baptizing them in the name of

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),
    and of the Son (“YA-shu-a”),
    and of the HolySirit (“The Word”):

(Matt 28:19)…hey it fits doesn't it?

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,20:35)
    Hi Georgie,

Do you two know each other outside of this forum?

God bless

Yes I do. He's my uncle. Thats how I know him.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,20:39)

Hi Georgie,

What question?

God bless

Hi Ed

The original question from George

I am presuming he is speaking of the Holy Spirit?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

Thank you!     …do you know Devolution outside this forum as well?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,22:32)

Hi Georgie,

What question?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed

Hi Georgie,

Perhaps you posted this before you saw my post four up from this one?

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Hi Georgie,

What question?

God bless

Hi Ed

Thats a pretty good way for God to bring us together wouldn't you say?

Two black ducks.

He showed me the bible when I was 13, as I was starting to delve into the occult, and had some bad experiences in my house.

I took that bible home and couldn't put it down. I read it from front to back, and then back to the front, then put it down for a few years while I went through my rebel teens. I always read, but I just couldn't get there, even in my twenty's. Being a christian just seemed like a dream. It was so hard to separate from the world, from the things I loved. Not until I was married and settled down with children in my early thirties, did God draw me to him again, and properly this time. It was like I was reading the bible for the first time. The words just jumped out at me so hard.

Devo is my relative too, but from other side of the family. We three get together once a week and delve pretty deep into the scriptures. Devo discovers things, I discover things, and we talk, debate, search, discuss. Wakeup knows the Lord and the bible like the back of his hand, and he is a very serious, devout man of God. When I see people ridicule him, my stomach churns. If any of you knew him, you would be red faced. And he is always humble, calm & peaceful but fully armed with the Word. He lives and breathes God, like we all should.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,20:50)
    Hi Georgie,

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

Go
    ye therefore,
    and teach all nations,

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),

God bless

Your answer is incorrect Ed

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,23:01)

Hi Georgie,

What question?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed

Two black ducks.

He showed me the bible when I was 13, as I was starting to delve into the occult, and had some bad experiences in my house.

I took that bible home and couldn't put it down.  I read it from front to back, and then back to the front, then put it down for a few years while I went through my rebel teens.  I always read, but I just couldn't get there, even in my twenty's.  Being a christian just seemed like a dream.  It was so hard to separate from the world, from the things I loved. Not until I was married and settled down with children in my early thirties, did God draw me to him again, and properly this time.  It was like I was reading the bible for the first time.  The words just jumped out at me so hard.

Devo is my relative too, but from other side of the family.  We three get together once a week and delve pretty deep into the scriptures.  Devo discovers things, I discover things, and we talk, debate, search, discuss.  Wakeup knows the Lord and the bible like the back of his hand, and he is a very serious, devout man of God.  When I see people ridicule him, my stomach churns.  If any of you knew him, you would be red faced.  And he is always humble, calm & peaceful but fully armed with the Word.  He lives and breathes God, like we all should.

Hi Georgie,

A-ha,   …I mistakenly thought all three of you were the same person.   …again, thanks for the clarification! :)

AND, thanks for the Bio.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,23:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,20:50)
    Hi Georgie,

Go
    ye therefore,
    and teach all nations,

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),

God bless

Your answer is incorrect Ed

Why?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,23:01)

Two black ducks.

I took that bible home and couldn't put it down.  I read it from front to back, and then back to the front, then put it down for a few years while I went through my rebel teens.  I always read, but I just couldn't get there, even in my twenty's.  Being a christian just seemed like a dream.  It was so hard to separate from the world, from the things I loved. Not until I was married and settled down with children in my early thirties, did God draw me to him again, and properly this time.  It was like I was reading the bible for the first time.  The words just jumped out at me so hard.

Devo is my relative too, but from other side of the family.  We three get together once a week and delve pretty deep into the scriptures.  Devo discovers things, I discover things, and we talk, debate, search, discuss.  Wakeup knows the Lord and the bible like the back of his hand, and he is a very serious, devout man of God.  When I see people ridicule him, my stomach churns.  If any of you knew him, you would be red faced.  And he is always humble, calm & peaceful but fully armed with the Word.  He lives and breathes God, like we all should.

Hi Georgie,

And now all three of you can bring your study to a higher level!  :D

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,15:53)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 17 2012,06:05)
    edj

stop stalling ,just give the name of the holy spirit ,the son and the father we know already this is a savings so one name please :)

Hi Pierre,

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),
    and of the HolySirit (“The Word”)

Joshua 22:34 :)

Did the Holly Spirit become flesh?

Georg

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,17:32)

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 17 2012,16:45)

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 16 2012,05:37)
    I recently attended a Baptist church service; we started of with singing a few songs.
    One of the songs started with;

In the name of the Father;

In the name of the Son;

In the name of the Spirit;

Now, we know the name of the Father is Jehovah.

The name of the Son is Jesus.

Georg

What spirit were they talking about George?

Not right to say in the name of the Spirit.  They have to identify this spirit.

If it is the holy spirit then I can answer your question,
    but are you going to ridicule my answer because I'm getting a bit too afraid to answer you incase you growl at me.

Hi Georgie,

WOW, that seems to the same problem Wake-up has, WHAT A COINCIDENCE. (Link) ???

I would be interested in hearing YOUR answer, or should I wait for Wakeup to explain it? :laugh:

God bless

Hi Ed

Why are you trying to insult me by calling me wakeup?  Actually I'm not insulted, it's a compliment.  
    I have my own brain you know.  Wakeup can only guide us to the answer in  scripture, but the holy spirit helps with the teaching and understanding.  If there is no holy spirit there , there is no understanding.  Sometimes it takes a while to click.

Birds of a feather flock together.  We are of the same flock.
    Wakeup is not a prophet or a God, but he is an excellent labourer in Christ.  The knowledge given to him is from years and years of searching the scriptures, with a pure heart.  His motive is to sharpen the brothers.  His knowledge would rip many on this forum to shreds, and I know that personally.  
    His questions are always fully loaded
    and the wicked in heart are the ones to attack, and they do it maliciously,
    so they don't learn.
    and God is watching.

And you should know the answer to the question.  So should George and Pierre.  You shouldn't even have to ask because many of you claim to be the teachers and final authority on here.

It is easy to assume that you are biased to your uncle; but when it comes to being learned in the scripture I have to disagree.

He may know the Bible from reading, but you should know what Paul said.

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? “””even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.”””

That is were understanding comes from.
    Your uncle told me, he doesn't have to know history; what do you think prophesy is? it “IS” history told in advance.  

And yes, I did mean the “Holy Spirit”, I was just quoting the way the song went.

By the way, your uncle has the opportunity to prove me wrong, so far he has not done so; maybe you can ask him why?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 18 2012,00:51)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 17 2012,17:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,22:53)

edj

stop stalling ,just give the name of the holy spirit ,the son and the father we know already this is a savings so one name please :)

Hi Pierre,

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),

EDJ

(1)We're in scriptures can you find that it says  ,that the holy spirit was always with God,?

(2)And were does it says that the holy spirit became flesh ?

(3)And were does it give us the understanding that the holy spirit. (4)His the same and if it can be given is it given to take it back,??

(5)Now why is it connecting Christ the son with the WORD and not the written words ?

(6)And how can THE WORD walk by it self ? IN JOHN 1:If it is the holy spirit,??

(7)And one more,we're does it say that the holy spirit,is the first born of creation,? (8)If so it is then how did God operate without his own spirit ??

(9)I like to see you scriptures on this ,(10)because if can prove this with scriptures then I was wrong for a long time,

Pierre

Hi T,

1) I don't know, where?
    2) John 1:14, John 20:28, 2Cor.5:19, 1Tm,3:16

3) Huh?
    4) God doesn't take his Spirit back, God's spirit instead remains with us.

5) Because “The Word” is God's HolySpirit.
    6) He walks “IN” us.

7) The words   'first born of creation'   are not in the bible.
    8) Moot

9) See point #2
    10) Define what you mean by  'this' ?

God bless

edj

(1)We're in scriptures can you find that it says  ,that the holy spirit was always with God,?

(2)And were does it says that the holy spirit became flesh ?

(3)And were does it give us the understanding that the holy spirit. (4)His the same and if it can be given is it given to take it back,??

(5)Now why is it connecting Christ the son with the WORD and not the written words ?

(6)And how can THE WORD walk by it self ? IN JOHN 1:If it is the holy spirit,??

(7)And one more,we're does it say that the holy spirit,is the first born of creation,? (8)If so it is then how did God operate without his own spirit ??

(9)I like to see you scriptures on this ,(10)because if can prove this with scriptures then I was wrong for a long time,

Hi T,

1) I don't know, where?(BECAUSE IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY SCRIPTURES)
    2) John 1:14, John 20:28, 2Cor.5:19, 1Tm,3:16(Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known. HOW CAN YOU MAKE THIS SCRIPTURES FIT FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT UNLESS YOU ARE BLIND ,OR REFUSE TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS,JOHN SAYS THAT THE WORD IS JESUS CHRIST AND NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT AS YOU CLAIM IT TO BE )

3) Huh?
    4) God doesn't take his Spirit back, God's spirit instead remains with us.(READ 3 AND 4 THEY ARE RELATED ,IF THE HOLY SPIRIT REMAIN WITH US THEN WHY ARE WE DYING ???)

5) Because “The Word” is God's HolySpirit.( IN THE GOSPEL OF JOHN IT SEEMS THAT JOHN RELATED THE “WORD” WITH JESUS AND NO ONE ELSE ,AND STILL SHOWS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT CAME DOWN LOOKING LIKE A DOVE ,AND ALSO JOHN SAYS THAT THE “WORD” MADE HIS DWELLING AMONG US MEN,WAS GOOD HOLY SPIRIT NOT ON THE EARTH BEFORE CHRIST ???)
    6) He walks “IN” us.(THIS IS NOT WHAT IT IS WRITTEN IN JOHN 1;14-18, HE DWELL WITH US IT SAYS))

7) The words   'first born of creation'   are not in the bible.(QUESTION 7 AND 8,9 ,10 ARE ALL RELATED TO THE HOLY SPIRIT ,SO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS)
    8) Moot

9) See point #2(THIS IS RELATED TO JESUS NOT TO THE HOLY SPIRIT READ JOHN 1;14-18)
    10) Define what you mean by THIS ?(IT MEANS THAT IF IT IS THAT THE “WORD”IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ,THEN I HAVE BEEN WRONG FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND I HAM AS BLIND AS A DEAD MAN )(SO SHOW ME THAT THIS IS AS YOU SAY TRUE IN SCRIPTURES IF NOT YOU ARE WRONG)

Eddy,i have put in brackets my answers and in capitals so you can see it better ok

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    We die because we must – unless we are alive when the Lord returns..
    We follow Yahshua.

Since the Jordan Yahsua has been one with the WORD

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Feb. 18 2012,03:23)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2012,15:53)

edj

Hi Pierre,

the Father (“YÄ-hä-vā”),

Did the [Holy Spirit] become flesh?

Georg

Hi Georg, without controversy; ha ha ha!!!

Yep, John 1:14, John 20:28, 2Cor.5:19, and especially 1 Tim 3:16.
    1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
    God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels,
    preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes Ed,
    The WORD was GOD as the Spirit OF Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account