The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 16 2010,01:43)
    To All! I have read some of your posts and I have come to the conclusion that some of you are very confused.  Jesus has explained to Nicodemus what a Spirit is.  He said it is like the wind.  You cannot see it.  It is not a being.  It is an essence of Jehovah God, like hope love, honor etc.  The Holy Spirit of God could not be in  us, if the Holy Spirit would be a person.  in

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

This shows that there is only One Holy Spirit of God. And that the Father is above all, which besides other Scriptures prove the trinity wrong…..if someone wants to know those Scriptures I will be glad to give them on the right tread.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

Who said God was a person? YHVH is Spirit! (Deut.4:15-16)

John 4:23-24  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship
    the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him(in Spirit).
    God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Baker
    Participant

Ed, in your posts when you say God, you put it this way:” God (Holy Spirit) That gives it the appearance that God is The Holy Spirit, and not that the Holy Spirit is of God. So I ask you why do you do that? Just plainly say Jehovah God, and we all know who that is….
    You have also said that John 1:1 is the Holy Spirit which is Jesus, so you confuse others and are confused…………Not I………..Peace And Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 16 2010,02:37)
    Ed, in your posts when you say God, you put it this way:” God (Holy Spirit)  That gives it the appearance that God is The Holy Spirit, and not that the Holy Spirit is of God.  So I ask you why do you do that?  Just plainly say Jehovah God, and we all know who that is….
    You have also said that John 1:1 is the Holy Spirit which is Jesus, so you confuse others and are confused…………Not I………..Peace And Love Irene

Hi Irene,

Are you purposely misquoting me?

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,01:44)
    YHVH put his Spirit in Jesus!

God is The HolySpirit!

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

Your finger is both of you and you; Yes?
    In Irene's beginning was her finger,
    and her finger was with Irene,
    and her finger was Irene.

In the beginning was the HolySpirit,
    and the HolySpirit was with God,
    and the “HolySpirit” was God!

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,02:56)

Ed, in your posts when you say God, you put it this way:” God (Holy Spirit)  That gives it the appearance that God is The Holy Spirit, and not that the Holy Spirit is of God.  So I ask you why do you do that?  Just plainly say Jehovah God, and we all know who that is….

Hi Irene,

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Spirit (speaketh against the Holy Spirit), it
    shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Mt.12:32)

Ed, are you not here saying that The Holy Spirit is God?  That is not correct.  The Holy Spirit is of God, not that it is God.  There is a difference.    God is The Holy Spirit! That is what you just said…..

and this

In the beginning was the Holy Spirit,
    and the Holy Spirit was with God,
    and the “Holy Spirit” was God!

Do you really believe this?

You even made this tread and named it:” Holy Spirit is God.”

That is wrong…… The Holy Spirit is of God like love, honor, wisdom etc. First you confuse others with your numbers and now this.  Come on learn the truth.  In Spirit and in truth we should worship God.  And you are making The Holy Spirit God…..that is not correct….

Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 16 2010,03:13)

Hi Irene,

Ed, are you not here saying that The Holy Spirit is God?  That is not correct.  The Holy Spirit is of God, not that [ [ [ it ] ] ] is God.  There is a difference.    God is The Holy Spirit! That is what you just said…..

and this

That is wrong…… The Holy Spirit is of God like love, honor, wisdom etc. First you confuse others with your numbers and now this.  Come on learn the truth.  In Spirit and in truth we should worship God.  And you are making The Holy Spirit God…..that is not correct….

Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

You would go so far disrespecting the HolySpirit(God), going so far to even call God an it?

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
    and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,03:50)

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 16 2010,03:13)

Hi Irene,

Ed, are you not here saying that The Holy Spirit is God?  That is not correct.  The Holy Spirit is of God, not that [ [ [ it ] ] ] is God.  There is a difference.    God is The Holy Spirit! That is what you just said…..

and this

Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

You would go so far disrespecting the HolySpirit(God), going so far to even call God an it?

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
    and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

No Ed. The Holy Spirit is of God and not the Holy is God, there is a difference and No disrespect for my Heavenly Father and His Holy Spirit which dwells in me. Not the other way around. What you are doing is disrespecting Jehovah God in making Him what He is not. He is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is of God, not is God……That is not disrespecting Gods Holy Spirit. That is all my friend I am so tired even debating with your nonsense……. go pick on someone else………Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Irene,

My Job is only to witness of “God's Truths”,
    if you don't want to believe, it is your choice to make.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,14:32)
    Hi Irene,

God bless

edj

you sure??

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 20 2010,05:04)
    edj
    do you believe in the trinity??

Hi Terraricca,

I'm glad you asked: Yes and No. I understand God as: “The Sevenfold GOD”.
    Which I can explain in great detail. Gene is truly on to something, but has much
    difficulty explaining God to people in ways they can extract “Bible Truth” from his words.

Zech.3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold,
    I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

You probablly need to ask another question, before you get confused by too much information all at once.
    The only rule I want everybody to follow is: “only” one question Per Post;
    that way their question should be addressed by any responder.

God bless
    Ed J

you do and do not;this is not the truth is it??

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Terraricca,

Crossing the bridge between two views…“Trinitarian” and “non-Trinitarian”.
    This can “only” be done with God(HolySpirit) resident on the inside of the believer.

Heb.6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie!,
    we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
    2 Tm. 2:13: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself!

Luke 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be FIVE (shown below) in one house (Eph.2:20-22) divided,
    three(Trinitarians) against two(non-Trinitarians), and two(non-Trinitarians) against three(Trinitarians).

The non-Trinitarians view GOD this way….
    1) YHVH GOD is One=151………GOD! (Deuteronomy 6:4 / Eph.4:4-6)
    2) LORD of Hosts=151…………..including Jesus and the rest of us!
    The “AKJV Bible” uses this phrase repeatedly!

And the Trinitarians view GOD this way
    1) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)
    2) Jesus Christ=151
    3) HolySpirit=151
    With God existing as “The Trinity”, above and out of reach.

Proof of this Fivefold House of God is illustrated using Hebrew, Greek, and the AKJV Bible…
    There are EXACTLY five words for “God” the Greek (all are pronounced Thēôs); they are…
    Four (4) of these are “plural” forms of the word; only one (1) is used in “singular” form.

1) θεος
    2) θεου
    3) θεω
    4) θεον
    5) θεε

Also matching the number of times JEHOVAH is used in singular form in the “AKJV Bible”(74)…
    JEHOVAH is also used in exactly THREE PHRASES in the AKJV Bible, illustrating “Three Altars”

1) JEHOVAH is My Name “YHVH”=63 (Exodus 6:3)
    2) JEHOVAH is The Most High “GOD The Father”=117 (Psalm 83:18)
    3) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 is [The Savior=117] in “Jesus Christ”=151 (Isaiah 12:2)
    4) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 is Everlasting strength in “Holy Spirit”=151 (Isaiah 26:4)
    5) JAH (Psalm 68:4) The Name of “GOD”=26 is יהוה=26 spoken as “YÄ”=26 and “YÄ-hä-vā

Also a matching aspect to the five variants for God in The Hebrew Masoretic texts…

1) Strong’s 426: אלה (ĔL-äh) elah: corresponding to 433; God:-God, god.
    2) Strong’s 433: אלוה (ĔL-ō-äh) eloah: from 410; a deity or The Deity:-God, god. See 430
    3) Strong’s 6697: צור (tsû-är) tsoor: a rock; a refuge(house); X(times) mighty God, sharp, X stone, X strength.
    4) Strong’s 430: אלהים (ĔL-ō-Hêêm) elohiym: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense;
        but specifically used in the plural of the supreme God; angels, X exceedingly; God, X great, judges, X mighty.
    5) Strong’s 410: אל (ĔL) ale: mighty; strength; The Almighty (also used of any deity):- God, X goodly, X great; power.

All these FACTS draw our attention to God's Signiture…

…………………God's signature

YHVH=63 (God's Name: יהוה transliterated into English)
    יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH is pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
    Jesus=74 (God's Son's Name in English is: “Joshua”)
    God The Father=117 (Representing GOD: יהוה האלהים)
    HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The word”: in all believers!)

Do you understand now, Terraricca?

God bless

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 24 2010,14:41)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 24 2010,15:22)
    edJ
    it was ask to you, you know you are on the hot stove because it may bring down you theory of trinity so you look some were to get out ,and see if someone else can do it for you,

so you will not be used to destroy your own believes

Hi Terraricca,

Your words are even more incoherent than JustAskin's two questions were?
    Irene may be right, you may need an interpreter to communicate with others here.

Ed J

Ed, do not use my name with what you say to Pierre.  I don't even remember saying such a thing.  All I was doing is explaining to Pierre that there is a ABC check that He can use, which I use all the time, coming from another Country it is hard for me to spell, and Pierre too. So leave my name out from now on….Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,07:32)
    Hi Irene,

God bless

You don't have Gods truth with you believing that The Holy Spirit is God, not of God.  
    Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 17 2010,02:31)
    Hi Terraricca,

Crossing the bridge between two views…“Trinitarian” and “non-Trinitarian”.
    This can “only” be done with God(HolySpirit) resident on the inside of the believer.

Heb.6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie!,
    we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
    2 Tm. 2:13: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself!

Luke 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be FIVE (shown below) in one house (Eph.2:20-22) divided,
    three(Trinitarians) against two(non-Trinitarians), and two(non-Trinitarians) against three(Trinitarians).

The non-Trinitarians view GOD this way….
    1) YHVH GOD is One=151………GOD! (Deuteronomy 6:4 / Eph.4:4-6)
    2) LORD of Hosts=151…………..including Jesus and the rest of us!
    The “AKJV Bible” uses this phrase repeatedly!

And the Trinitarians view GOD this way
    1) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)
    2) Jesus Christ=151
    3) HolySpirit=151
    With God existing as “The Trinity”, above and out of reach.

Proof of this Fivefold House of God is illustrated using Hebrew, Greek, and the AKJV Bible…
    There are EXACTLY five words for “God” the Greek (all are pronounced Thēôs); they are…
    Four (4) of these are “plural” forms of the word; only one (1) is used in “singular” form.

1) θεος
    2) θεου
    3) θεω
    4) θεον
    5) θεε

Also matching the number of times JEHOVAH is used in singular form in the “AKJV Bible”(74)…
    JEHOVAH is also used in exactly THREE PHRASES in the AKJV Bible, illustrating “Three Altars”

1) JEHOVAH is My Name “YHVH”=63 (Exodus 6:3)
    2) JEHOVAH is The Most High “GOD The Father”=117 (Psalm 83:18)
    3) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 is [The Savior=117] in “Jesus Christ”=151 (Isaiah 12:2)
    4) The LORD JEHOVAH=151 is Everlasting strength in “Holy Spirit”=151 (Isaiah 26:4)
    5) JAH (Psalm 68:4) The Name of “GOD”=26 is יהוה=26 spoken as “YÄ”=26 and “YÄ-hä-vā

Also a matching aspect to the five variants for God in The Hebrew Masoretic texts…

1) Strong’s 426: אלה (ĔL-äh) elah: corresponding to 433; God:-God, god.
    2) Strong’s 433: אלוה (ĔL-ō-äh) eloah: from 410; a deity or The Deity:-God, god. See 430
    3) Strong’s 6697: צור (tsû-är) tsoor: a rock; a refuge(house); X(times) mighty God, sharp, X stone, X strength.
    4) Strong’s 430: אלהים (ĔL-ō-Hêêm) elohiym: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense;
        but specifically used in the plural of the supreme God; angels, X exceedingly; God, X great, judges, X mighty.
    5) Strong’s 410: אל (ĔL) ale: mighty; strength; The Almighty (also used of any deity):- God, X goodly, X great; power.

All these FACTS draw our attention to God's Signiture…

…………………God's signature

YHVH=63 (God's Name: יהוה transliterated into English)
    יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH is pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
    Jesus=74 (God's Son's Name in English is: “Joshua”)
    God The Father=117 (Representing GOD: יהוה האלהים)
    HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The word”: in all believers!)

Do you understand now, Terraricca?

God bless

edj

you make me luff, the you twist scriptures around your fingers,

the only one i know of who did that is reccorded in Luke;and Geneses;

Lk 4:9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here.
    Lk 4:10 For it is written:
    “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you carefully;
    Lk 4:11 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’

Ge 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
    Ge 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

and one more thing EDJ you can not have the spirit of God and lie ,or be in contradiction with his word.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Oct. 17 2010,09:42)

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 16 2010,07:32)
    Hi Irene,

God bless

You don't have Gods truth with you believing that The Holy Spirit is God, not of God.  
    Irene

Hi Irene,

Do you believe yourself to be the oracle of truth?

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2010,09:58)
    edj

you make me luff, the you twist scriptures around your fingers,

the only one i know of who did that is reccorded in Luke;and Geneses;

Lk 4:9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here.
    Lk 4:10 For it is written:
    “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you carefully;
    Lk 4:11 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’

Ge 3:4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
    Ge 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

and one more thing EDJ you can not have the spirit of God and lie ,or be in contradiction with his word.

Pierre

Hi Terraricca,

Accusations? Is that what you offer?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2009,22:37)
    Trinitarians believe that the Holy Spirit is a separate “being” of the triune God.  I suggest this was not the message of scriptures.  It is never mentioned of the Spirit as being the “third person of the trinity” anywhere in scriptures.  

As Michael L. Brown says in Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus,” p. 53:

…Is the “Spirit of God” the same as “God”? Yes and no.  The Spirit clearly has personality, since the Holy Spirit instructs the people of Israel and can be grieved or angered. Yet the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God-i.e., God's very Spirit, he is both giving himself as well as giving of himself.  The key is always this: God touches us, teaches us, interacts with us, and empowers us by his Spirit.

With that understanding it is very easy to understand why the “Holy Spirit” is not mentioned along with the Father in these following verses since references speaking of the person of the Father would assume that the innermost part of the Father to obviously be included in His person. See below and you will find plenty of scriptures that you would think would mention all “three persons” of the trinity but doesn't:

Matt 24:36
    36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.
    NASU

John 5:23
    23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
    NASU

John 5:26
    26 “For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;
    NASU

John 6:40
    40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
    NASU

John 6:46
    46 “Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.
    NASU

1 John 2:23-24
    23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
    24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
    NASU

2 John 3
    3 Grace, mercy and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
    NASU

2 John 9
    9 Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
    NASU

Peace and love,
    Kathi

bump for Shimmer

shimmer
    Participant

Kathi and anyone else,

I find what KJ say's here interesting.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….75;st=0

How do you figure that statements which do not mention the Holy Spirit imply that He is not a distinct person? This is not a valid inference. Jesus said that he who blasphemes the Son may be forgiven and he who blasphemes the Holy Spirit may not be forgiven. There is no mention of the Father being blasphemed in Jesus' statement.

And what about the scriptures which speak of the fellowship of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? And what about the fact that Jesus said that He would send the Spirit who would be under His subjection? The Spirit was “sent.” Did the Father send Himself or did Jesus send the Father? The Spirit would speak what He hears from Jesus (John 16). Was the Father under Jesus?  
    [UNQUOTE]

I notice people say “what is his name then”
    If this is true, His name would be Holy Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 02 2010,02:32)
    Kathi and anyone else,

I find what KJ say's here interesting.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….75;st=0

How do you figure that statements which do not mention the Holy Spirit imply that He is not a distinct person? This is not a valid inference. Jesus said that he who blasphemes the Son may be forgiven and he who blasphemes the Holy Spirit may not be forgiven. There is no mention of the Father being blasphemed in Jesus' statement.

And what about the scriptures which speak of the fellowship of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? And what about the fact that Jesus said that He would send the Spirit who would be under His subjection? The Spirit was “sent.” Did the Father send Himself or did Jesus send the Father? The Spirit would speak what He hears from Jesus (John 16). Was the Father under Jesus?  
    [UNQUOTE]

I notice people say “what is his name then”
    If this is true, His name would be Holy Spirit.

shimmer

the Holy spirit ;is the truth of God,is the true will of God,and also produce the love of God,;

so if you go against the holy spirit ;you refusing live it self
    so you chose dead so to speak.

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Shimmer,
    Look at this verse:

Matt 11:27 NASB
    “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Why isn't the Holy Spirit mentioned if He is a separate person?

Why doesn't the Holy Spirit know the Father or the Son?

This is a big reason why I think that the Holy Spirit is a personal intimate part or aspect of the Father and probably the aspect by which the Father is omnipresent. Parts of our body have names so having a name does not make one a person, for instance, the cardiovascular system, or the hypothalmus is a name but not a person. I made a post once about what man's spirit is said to do. Two things it is said to do is 'ponder' and 'grieve.' I made a long list of what man's spirit does but I don't remember where it is. If I find it then I will post it.

Psalms 77:6
    I will remember my song in the night; I will meditate with my heart, And my spirit ponders:

Daniel's spirit was grieved but it wasn't a separate person from Daniel:

Daniel 7:15
    As for me, Daniel, my spirit was grieved in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

Lightenup
    Participant

Here are some more scriptures that show that our spirit does things but is not a separate person but our inner person:

n 41:8
    8 Now in the morning his spirit was troubled, so he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all its wise men. And Pharaoh told them his dreams, but there was no one who could interpret them to Pharaoh.
    NASU

Gen 45:27
    27 When they told him all the words of Joseph that he had spoken to them, and when he saw the wagons that Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of their father Jacob revived.
    NASU

1 Sam 1:15
    15 But Hannah replied, “No, my lord, I am a woman oppressed in spirit; I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but I have poured out my soul before the Lord.
    NASU

1 Kings 21:5
    5 But Jezebel his wife came to him and said to him, “How is it that your spirit is so sullen that you are not eating food?”
    NASU

Job 6:4
    4 “For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, Their poison my spirit drinks; The terrors of God are arrayed against me.
    NASU

Job 17:1
    17 “My spirit is broken, my days are extinguished, The grave is ready for me.
    NASU

Ps 34:18
    18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
    NASU

Ps 77:3
    3 When I remember God, then I am disturbed; When I sigh, then my spirit grows faint. Selah.
    NASU

Lam 1:20
    20 “See, O Lord, for I am in distress; My spirit is greatly troubled; My heart is overturned within me, For I have been very rebellious. In the street the sword slays; In the house it is like death.
    NASU

shimmer
    Participant

Kathi those are good verses.

I do see what you mean.

You said…

Matt 11:27 NASB
    “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Why isn't the Holy Spirit mentioned if He is a separate person?

Why doesn't the Holy Spirit know the Father or the Son?
    This is a big reason why I think that the Holy Spirit is a personal intimate part or aspect of the Father and probably the aspect by which the Father is omnipresent.

I had thought of a verse which I thought would explain this as the Holy Spirit being separate, but it seems to be saying exactly what you are saying…

1st Corinthians 2:10
    But to us, God revealed them through the Spirit.  For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
    For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God's Spirit.

But I will still keep thinking and looking into this.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,381 through 4,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account