The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,481 through 3,500 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

hi nick

1Co 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment:
    1Co 2:16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?”

But we have the mind of Christ.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 07 2010,11:29)
    WJ…….Jesus' Honor is not His HONOR but GOD the FATHERS HONOR, (“he who believes in me does (NOT) believe in ME but He who has sent me”, can you figure
    what Jesus meant by that statement.  Jesus could do (NOTHING) HIMSELF , It was GOD the FATHER doing the WORK Jesus was following What GOD was doing.

gene

Hi Gene,

Did you see my Post, right after you Posted this?
    It's more on the “Seven-Fold” nature of “GOD”!

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holtcitybiblecode.org

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 12 2010,13:49)
    Hi T,
    God saves.
    All is by grace.

But there is a starting point.
    The seed of the gospel is sown and those who listen and obey can enter that kingdom.

Nick

We are saved by grace alright, but how do we receive grace? is it not through faith in Christ?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Grace comes before our faith.
    Repentance is of grace and so is faith.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    the Grace is God given gift to all men to allow them to come back to God by the sacrifice of Christ.

but to receive the grace we have to have faith in him (God) and the one he has send.

now to have the true faith we have to humble ourselves to repentance,
    now we can benefit from God grace

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Repentance is of grace.
    2tim 2.25
    acts 5.31

terraricca
    Participant

nick
    God give the Grace and men repent, do you see this otherwise???
    2Ti 2:23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
    2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
    2Ti 2:25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
    2Ti 2:26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will
    I DO NOT SEE THE MEANING FO THIS VERSES ONLESS YOU TRY TO ADDRESSED THEM TO ME ????
    Ac 5:29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than men!
    Ac 5:30 The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree.
    Ac 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.
    Ac 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
    Ac 5:33 When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death.
    Ac 5:34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that

CHRIST DOES NOT DO REPENTANCE HE GIVE ACCESS TO ISRAEL TO BENEFIT AND BE ABLE TO REPENT.
    IT LOOKS YOU DO NOT SEE IT THAT WAY ;WHY ??HOW DO YOU SEE IT ??

JOHN THE BAPTIST LOOK IT UP

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……is right, repentance is of GOD and So is Faith. All given by the GRACE of GOD. “for you are (SORROWED) unto righteousness” and “(GODLY) (SORROW) (WORKS) repentance , not to be repented of”. IMO

Quote (martian @ Nov. 27 2009,03:23)
    The word most often translated in Hebrew as “spirit” is “ruahh”. The term “ruahh” literally means breath or wind. The Hebrew culture saw the breath as the life of a person. Relating it to their natural realm, without breath there was no life.
    From the very beginning it is obvious that God’s breath was the animating force that gave Adam life. Gen 2:7

This is continued in the rest of humanity as is made clear in Job —
    Job 27
    3For as long as life is in me,
            And the breath of God is in my nostrils,
       4My lips certainly will not speak unjustly,
            Nor will my tongue mutter deceit.
    Job 33
      4″The Spirit of God has made me,
            And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

The same word for breath or wind is translated in other curious ways. —

Deut 33
    13Of Joseph he said,
”Blessed of the LORD be his land,
With the choice things of heaven, with the dew, And from the deep lying beneath, 

14And with the choice yield of the sun,
 And with the choice produce of the months. (ruahh)

Job 31
     32″The alien has not lodged outside,
            For I have opened my doors to the traveler. (ruahh)

Exo 11
    5and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of the Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the slave girl who is behind the millstones;(ruahh) all the firstborn of the cattle as well.

What does wind/breath, months, traveler, and millstone have in common? To understand that one must understand that the Hebrews did not view their world from an abstract intellectualized construct. A simple nomadic people they saw things in a very organic manner. They saw their world from a functional viewpoint. They related everything including the workings of God to the real and natural world and their culture. They viewed their world and God’s dealings with them through their five senses.
    All of these things follow a prescribed path. The months from one to another. The traveler to his destination and the millstone on it’s continual circular path. In the same way the natural trade winds common in the Far East followed a prescribed path. These winds were a guide to these nomadic people. Though the wind itself cannot be seen, the effects of the wind can, in the moving of the leaves and the pressure of the moving air against their bodies.
    God has a prescribed path for us to follow. It is straight and does not vary. The Hebrew word for straight is tsadirq and is often translated righteous.

Psalms 1
    6For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
            But the way of the wicked will perish.

Psalms 27
    11Teach me Your way, O LORD,
            And lead me in a level path

When God gives us a new breath, His breath, He will cause us to follow His path.

Eze 36
    26″Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit (breath) within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
    27″I will put My Spirit (breath) within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

It is also interesting to note that the word “holy” literally means set aside for a special purpose. When we see the terms “Holy Spirit” it literally means — the breath of God that is set aside as the source of life and to guide and direct you along the path of righteousness.
    This understanding of the Holy Spirit easily translates into the New Testament. In fact the Greek word “pneuma” means exactly the same as “ruahh” in the Hebrew = Wind or breath.

God promises His special wind/breath will direct the Apostles along their prescribed path.
    Acts 1:8
but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”

God also directed Jesus along his prescribed path.
    Ats 10:38
”You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit (his special wind breath) and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Paul relied on the breath/wind of God in him to do what was prescribed on his path.
    Romans 15:19
in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit(breath of God); so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

We are commanded to have that same breath in us to guide us on our path.
    Ephesians 3:16
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit (wind/breath) in the inner man,

Jesus had this breath upon Him
    Matthew 3:16
After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit (wind breath) of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,

Jesus was full of the breath of God and led by it.
    Luke 4:1
 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, (special breath) returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit (wind/breath) in the wilderness

We too are to be filled with the breath of God. If fact we are to be filled to the same degree as Jesus.
    Eph 3
    16that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,
    17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
    18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
    19and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be FILLED UP TO ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD.

What is the end of the prescribed path for us? That we become mature men, even as Christ our example.
    Ephesians 4:13
until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.

Sorry, too many scriptures show that the Holy Spirit is NOT breath. :)

Sorry Martian, I should have elaborated a little more. As an example:

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so ALSO the Holy Spirit, whom God hath given to them that obey Him.” Acts 5:32

Question: How can mere “breath” be a “witness” to anything?

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another *HELPER*. That *HE* may be with you forever, that is, the Spirit of truth *whom* the world cannot receive because it does not *behold Him*, or know *Him*, but you know *Him*, because *He* abides with you *AND WILL BE* in you.” Jn 14:16-17

“But the Holy Spirit, *whom* the Father will send in my name, *He* WILL TEACH you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.” Verse 26

Question: How can “breath” TEACH? And be “another helper”? And how can “breath” be called a “He, Whom, and a *Him*?

Please review Exodus 23:20-22 and compare it with Isaiah 63:9-14

terraricca
    Participant

gene

i have no clue of what you saying ,could you be more explicit ,it looks like you agree to say nothing,to me anyway,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 06 2010,03:39)
    WJ,

I support those who speak the truth at the point that they speak the truth.

If you speak the truth, I support you at that point 'concerning' that truth.

This I have demonstrated. Even TT, I have done the same with…

I may deal more harshly with those in one camp than in another depending on how far from the truth their major belief falls.

Hi JustAskin,

What to you do when “Bible Truth” goes beyond your understanding?

Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

JA

it would look like someone running after a rabbit without ever catching it

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 13 2010,19:35)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 13 2010,18:19)
    What to you do when “Bible Truth” goes beyond your understanding?

JA

it would look like someone running after a rabbit without ever catching it

Hi Terraricca,

In case you didn't know it, this is the same reason why 'atheists' refuse to believe in God!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

is any one knows that many people in this world are mirrors to someones else ,i mean they imitate others in gestures and words,and many by doing so make a living,are those true people ?

terraricca
    Participant

edj

in some way true Christians become fools in the eyes of non believer ,but the end will be different.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……> you and some others say the “seven spirits” are seven angles before the throne of God , Please Post Scripture that shows this to be true , where the seven angles are the seven Spirits of GOD. I did not find it in any of my bibles. How could these seven angles be (IN) Jesus.

Rev 5:6…..> And i beheld, and , lo, in the midst of the throne and the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns (powers) and seven eyes (spirits) which are the seven SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) of GOD sent forth into all the earth.

No where does it mention angles there, that is an assumption on your Part, are we to assume that the eyes in the wings of the four living Creatures are also angles or are they Spirit Intellects of GOD, in them. Jesus has these (IN) himself and they are the SPIRITS of GOD HIMSELF. IMO

peace and love……………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 14 2010,06:18)
    Nick……> you and some others say the “seven spirits” are seven angles before the throne of God , Please Post Scripture that shows this to be true , where the seven angles are the seven Spirits of GOD. I did not find it in any of my bibles. How could these seven angles be (IN) Jesus.

Rev 5:6…..> And i beheld, and , lo, in the midst of the throne and the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns (powers) and seven eyes (spirits) which are the seven SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) of GOD sent forth into all the earth.

No where does it mention angles there, that is an assumption on your Part, are we to assume that the eyes in the wings of the four living Creatures are also angles or are they Spirit Intellects of GOD, in them. Jesus has these (IN) himself and they are the SPIRITS of GOD HIMSELF. IMO

peace and love……………gene

Hi Gene,

Interested in hearing your views concerning this Post…
                             Click here

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 14 2010,06:17)
    edj

in some way true Christians become fools in the eyes of non believer ,but the end will be different.

Hi Terraricca,

Agreed.

God bless
    Ed J

martian
    Participant

Quote (Dancingforyounomore @ Feb. 13 2010,12:49)
    Sorry Martian, I should have elaborated a little more.  As an example:

“And we are his witnesses of these things; and so ALSO the Holy Spirit, whom God hath given to them that obey Him.”  Acts 5:32

Question:   How can mere “breath” be a “witness” to anything?  

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another *HELPER*.  That *HE* may be with you forever, that is, the Spirit of truth *whom* the world cannot receive because it does not *behold Him*, or know *Him*, but you know *Him*, because *He* abides with you  *AND WILL BE* in you.”  Jn 14:16-17

“But the Holy Spirit, *whom* the Father will send in my name, *He* WILL TEACH you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”  Verse 26

Question:  How can “breath”  TEACH?   And be “another helper”?   And how can “breath” be called a “He, Whom, and a *Him*?

Please review Exodus 23:20-22 and compare it with  Isaiah 63:9-14

I do not know what translation you are quoting, but it does not follow the Greek. Words like “him and He” are not present in the Greek. The translation is more accurate by using the word “it”.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,481 through 3,500 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account