The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,441 through 3,460 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2010,00:36)
    Hi KW,
    The Spirit of God is not a prize for perfect obedience to Jesus.
    We need to seek the teachings of Jesus about the kingdom and how to enter it and obey those.
    Repentant weak failures and those aware of their helplessness in the fight against their sinful nature are welcome but many still try to save themselves.

“now the violent are taking it by force”

The rest of his teachings can only be obeyed with the assistance of that Spirit.

So what do you think Jesus meant when he taught:

Matthew 7:24-27(KJV) reads:

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

and

Luke 6:46-49(KJV) reads:

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

and

John 12:44-50(KJV) reads:

Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Other related scriptures are:

John 14:23-26(KJV) reads:

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

and

John 15:5-7(KJV) reads:

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

and

John 6:60-69(KJV) reads:

Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus does teach us how both to receive and live according to the ways of the Spirit.  It that what you are stating?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You ask about Mt7 as if it shows the Spirit is a PRIZE given to the righteous.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. “

It does not relate.

It is independantly vital to build faith on the teachings of Jesus and not the imaginations of men because the words of Jesus are spirit and life and only abiding in his words offers fellowship with God and His Son[2jn9]

When we who have been baptised into Christ ask we are given a downpayment on the Spirit, a talent that we must seek to invest to produce a profit of grace and blessing to please our Father. We do not want to be found as bridesmaids who did not get more oil.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”

Of course submission and obedience to the words of Christ is essential if we are to be his servants and it enables us to follow him but we need to seek first the kingdom-by water and the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The same applies to all the verses.

SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM.
    YOU CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM TILL YOU HAVE BEEN REBORN FROM ABOVE.
    YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN OF WATER AND THE SPIRIT

Obey the simple things and God does the rest

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2010,20:09)
    edj
    the seven spirits are angels,the harvest is done by them.

Rev 1:4 John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,
    Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

Hi Terraricca,

“YHVH GOD is One”=151

Zech.3:9 For behold the stone(Rev.2:17) that I have laid before Joshua(Jesus);
    upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof,
    saith the “LORD of Hosts”=151, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
    Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan:

You ask about Mt7 as if it shows the Spirit is a PRIZE given to the righteous.

That is not what I meant.  

I do not believe we are in disagreement on this issue.  I will attempt to speak more clearly.  The Spirit of Holiness is gained through the obedience to Jesus' teaching that apply to being reborn in Spirit.  Living by the spirit is done by obedience to Jesus' teachings that apply to living by the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

edj

seven bowels, seven seals, seven churches,seven days,seven eyes,seven angels(spirits)

the beast name 6 6 6

??

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

you give me some joy in the way your are thinking ,you are going in the right direction ,your conclution is the right one,sorry for not saying it openly,but i know you will understand me ,

also if you look the parable of ;Mt 13:3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.
    Mt 13:4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.
    Mt 13:5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.
    Mt 13:6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
    Mt 13:7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.
    Mt 13:8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
    Mt 13:9 He who has ears, let him hear.”

look at the root of it all

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 10 2010,18:47)
    edj

seven bowels, seven seals, seven churches,seven days,seven eyes,seven angels(spirits)

the beast name 6  6  6

??

Hi Terraricca,

OK; we have established the number [7] is associated with God while the number [6] associates with a beast.

Great; is that as far as you can go?

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    maybe not but i am not telling yet

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 10 2010,18:55)
    Kerwin

you give me some joy in the way your are thinking ,you are going in the right direction ,your conclution is the right one,sorry for not saying it openly,but i know you will understand me ,

I agree with you brother terraricca. Brother Kerwin is the one I have noticed with lot of broad mind and understanding. I also appreciated his honest confessions many times in this forum. May God continue to lead him and us into full truth.
    Adam

terraricca
    Participant

hi

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A BEING ,BUT FIRST LET TALK ABOUT CHRIST SPIRIT THAT IS “THE WORD OF GOD THE BIBLE”BECAUSE THE SCRIPTURES SAY SO,

NOW THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GIVEN TO ALL MEN GOOD AND BAD,(LOOK AT CAIN) AND MATH 13;
    THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE THE THOUGHTS OF GOD FOR US AND FOR ARE GOOD,

BUT LIKE IN THE SEEDS FALLEN ALONG THE ROAD THAT PERSON AS NO REAL INTEREST IN TO LESSEN TO WHAT HIS HEART SAYING.NO REAL FOCUS ON ANYTHING AND ALL.

LOOK AT THE SEEDS FALLEN AMONK THE TORNS ,HE FEELS BUT CAN NOT RESPOND BECAUSE OF ALL HIS WORLD PROBLEM,

LETS LOOK AT THE GOOD SEEDS THEY EAR THE MESAGE AND THEY ALSO FEEL IN THERE HEARST AND UNDERSTAND THE WORDS SPOKEN TO THEM,THOSE ARE THE GOOD SEEDS THAT PRODUCE FRUIT.

THIS IS THE WAY GOD GIVE TO US HIS SPIRIT(THOUGHTS) TO SOME MORE ,BUT IF YOU DO NOT PRODUCE FRUITS ,IT WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU, AND YOU WILL NO LONGER FEEL AND UNDERSTAND GOD S WILL FOR YOU,
    YOU CAN REPLACE IT WITH YOUR OWN INTELLECT AND FALLOW YOUR OWN WAY AS THE PHARISEES DID.

WEN PETER TALKED IN THE BOOK OF ACT 3,TO THE JEWS AROUND THEM THEY RECEIVE THE POWER TO TALK IN LANGUAGES BUT THE JEWS WHO S HEART WAS SET, THEY BECAME TO BE THE GOOD SEEDS

AND RECEIVED THE WORD TOLD TO THEM AS THE TRUE WORDS IN THIER HEARST,AND RESPOND ACCORDING.IN THIS WAY IT WAS POURED ON THEM.(3000)

FOR A PERSON TO COME TO GOD TROUGH CHRIST, HE AS TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD,ACCORDING TO HIS SINCERITY IN HIS HEART AND THE CLEANING OF HIS MIND TO THE WILL OF GOD ,HE NOW OPEN HIM SELVE TO BETTER COMMUNICATION WITH GOD,AND CAN START TO ENJOYE THE TASTE OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD,AND PRODUCE THE FRUITS OF THE THOUGHTS OF GOD WILL.

SO WHY IS IT THAT WE HUMBLE OUR SELVES IN ALL THINGS, IT IS BECAUSE IN OUR INSIDE OF OUR HEARST WE KNOW THAT IT IS NOT US WHO BRINGS THE UNDERSTANDING BUT GOD THOUGHTS IN US.

SO IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP OUR CONNECTION TO GOD BY ALL MEANS OPEN ,THIS IS WHY JESUS SAYS “IF YOUR EYE IS A CAUSE OF SIN PULL IT OUT….,

THIS IS ALSO WHY JAMES SAYS YOU CAN NOT HAVE DOUBT YOU MIND AND HEART AS TO BE ONE.
    BECAUSE WE ARE NOW ONE WITH GOD SPIRIT(THOUGHTS)

THIS IS ALL FOR NOW.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    You say
    NOW THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GIVEN TO ALL MEN GOOD AND BAD,(LOOK AT CAIN) AND MATH 13;
    THE HOLY SPIRIT ARE THE THOUGHTS OF GOD FOR US AND FOR ARE GOOD,

Carnal men are not of the eternal Spirit of God but all are of the breath of God[Gen2.7].
    Carnal men kill those who are of God's Spirit.

You must be reborn from above.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick

the spirit of God is his power in thought,and that power is distribute to all but all do not receive it
    this is why Paul says “that God is not far from any of us”he is giving us all day long his true thoughts but are we lessening with our hearts,

God s will are his thoughts because he is a spirit of thoughts,this is why it says that is will only comes back to him wen accomplished.

carnal people are the seeds fallen in the torn or on the side of the road.

this is as Christians to develop and clean up our in side of the cup,this will allow better connection to God more free passage to communicate with him,
    by doing just that you are destroying the carnal person in you,even you still have to fight it in a leaser force

terraricca
    Participant

nick

it is also imposible to come to God without the knowledge of him,and true knowledge and without doubts.

this by it self will not call the carnal oriented person.he will not find any interest he is from the world

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The Spirit of God expresses all the powers and graces wisdom and understandings of our God.
    The Spirit proceeds from God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    Ps 139 shows by parallelism that the Spirit of God is as God.
    Angels and men endowed with the Spirit spoke as God for God without being God.

terraricca
    Participant

nick

all that is true ,righteous man have always be the same pick any though out the century s .their inside cup was totally clean ,and if they corrupt themselves they lost the connection just as Adam did,

without connection to God we are nothing,we understand nothing,and we see nothing.

the carnal person we have to crucifie it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Having a clean cup indicates forgiveness by God and makes a vessel suitable for God to reside there by His Spirit.

Adam ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil but scripture never said he was sharing the Spirit of God at any time.

The Spirit of the living God brings eternal life to those who are blessed to share it.

Men still die in their sins.

terraricca
    Participant

nick

if the cup is clean you can ear God in thoughts of your heart,this is how he now what you need before you ask him.
    this is why God and Christ can be in you ,if you sin voluntary they will leave you, and you will not feel there presence anymore,just like KING SAUL

Viewing 20 posts - 3,441 through 3,460 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account