JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,521 through 25,540 (of 25,866 total)
  • Author
    DesireTruth
    Participant

@Berean,

Wow! You can’t even defend what you believe! You remind me of a Jehovah’s Witness repeating what you have been told to say and anything beyond that, you’re lost. You can’t explain Isa 53 since all you know are a few verses you have been told mean the Jesus. You cited Ps 22:16, but are unable to explain the context of the chapter. I laughed a little when you quoted Zech 13:6 knowing it’s speaking of false prophets and you claim it’s about Jesus, how poetic.

Like I have said, I have walked away from christianity; so your thumbs up and down is quite accurate. I don’t “need” the Jesus, my source of salvation is not through any man, it’s through and by HaShem (THE Name – aka God). If you wish to believe you’re a filthy, rotten sinner as Paul says you are and because you’re a filthy rag, you need a go between to get to HaShem, you are free to believe that. I know I am flawed, but I also know I am created in the image of HaShem, but if you wish to be recreated into an image Paul says you are, who am I to stop you. HaShem says to follow HIS commands and turn away from sin; HE never said anything about a “mediator.”

Berean, I have never felt more free since casting off the shackles of christianity; and can only thank this website for causing me to dig deeper into what God has to say. Sorry, but if you place anything between you and HaShem, it’s idolatry and what did HaShem say about idol worship?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT, you said…..”Me: I’m sorry your statement really ticks me off as you doubled down on the 3:00pm time frame, insisting that is when Jesus was raised up; and you now “meant to say” it was really “at sunset”?!?!?!?? In all the places I have traveled around the world 3:00pm and sunset have never been the same, including Israel. Is your new “claim” so you can still say it was Saturday that Jesus rose?”

Yes I said I was mistaken, what I should have said Jesus was “raised” or he “Arose” , at sunset Saturday evening , which would have been a completion  of three day and three nights, in the tomb. He did not “rise” from his grave on Sunday “morning “.  He was already “RISEN” , WHICH IS A “PAST-TENSE” WORD.  Nowhere in scripture does it say he “rose” on Sunday morning.  You force the text to say that by changing the word tense, and leaving out the rest of the sentence.

So you see you are wrong again , just like you are about so many other things you tell us.  Face it DT, you’re just stumbling around in your own ignorance, and rejecting the truth.  Trying to make Paul, Jesus, and the whole New Testament out to be a LIE,  IS YOUR DOWNFALL.  The New Testament understood properly, completely agrees with the Old Testament,  You,  not understanding that, is your downfall, you’re huckleberry, not ours.

peace and love to you and yours DT………gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

Testing; one, two

DesireTruth
    Participant

That test post went thru, but my reply to Gene I receive a message that my response was “a potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site”

So much for being a place to freely express one’s thoughts. All done! Good luck to all and enjoy your religion.

Berean
    Participant

@DT

You don’t think you should consider or reconsider the importance
    of the statutes which God had ordained for the forgiveness of sins with a broken heart (ps 51:16-19)

How do you explain the significance of the shedding of blood from pure animal sacrifices?

There is definitely A REASON FOR THIS.
    YOU CAN’T ESCAPE THIS IN THE FIRST TESTAMENT.

It came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the Lord. Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord respected Abel and his offering, but He did not respect Cain and his offering. Genesis 4:3-5.

[4] By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testing of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh

ps.51
    For thou desirest our sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
    [17] The sacrifices of God are 👉 a broken spirit: 👉a broken and a contrite heart, 👈O God, thou wilt not despise.
    [18] Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
    [19] 👉Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, 👈with burnt offering 👈and whole burnt offering:👈 then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

🙏

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@ Berean

I think your post-946212 was meant for DT?
    You said DD.

God bless

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

You: Good luck to all and enjoy your religion.

Me: “Your arrogance just sucked all the oxygen out of the room to inflate your ego.”
    ― Tijan, A Whole New Crowd

Berean
    Participant

@DD

YOU

I think your post-946212 was meant for DT?
    You said DD

Me

You are right, sorry

Besides, DT took it for himself

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi DT,

You: We cannot forget it was the spirit is who impregnated Mary and NOT of the seed of David. Once again, you are justifying lies.

Me: Let’s consider FOR THE TIME BEING, the discussion of Jesus’ genealogy BETWEEN US, as the SON OF MAN, ENDED IN A STALEMATE.

THUS FOR A CHANGE, I AM TACKLING THIS PROCESS, AS YOU HINTED OUT, FROM GOD’S SPIRIT PERSPECTIVE, MY SPECIALITY THANKS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT,  ALWAYS THOUGH, TO A CERTAIN LIMIT, AS  I’M AFRAID YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND, FOCUSSED ONLY ON THE CARNAL PROCESS OF THE JEWISH MESSIAH, WITH EVERY RESPECT.

NOW both Matthew and Luke genealogies used the first patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Exodus 3:6 And he said: I am the God of thy father,

the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

15  And God said again to Moses: Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel:

The Lord God of your fathers,

the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob,

hath sent me to you: This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

I AM NOT GOING TO TACKLE THE TRINITY CONCEPT AT ALL, BUT IN THE ABOVE IT IS AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL THAT GOD IS

BOTH ONE GOD, DEFINITELY SPIRIT: “The Lord God of your fathers,” AND ALSO

THREE AGAIN, DEFINITELY PHYSICAL! PERSONIFIED IN

ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB! 

AT LEAST AS I SAID, THE WAY I SEE THINGS: SPIRITUAL!!!

NOW, I BELIEVE YOU ARE MORE FAMILIAR AND MATURE WITH JEWISH LITERATURE IN GENERAL, AGAIN TO KEEP REMINDING YOU, FOCUSSED ONLY ON THE CARNAL SIDE OF THINGS, CARNALLY MINDED!!!

NOW TELL ME!

IS ISAAC BORN THROUGH NORMAL HUMAN INTERCOURSE, IN THE THOSE DAYS, SATANIC? 

AGAIN I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN JEWISH LITERATURE IN GENERAL, NOT JUST SCRIPTURE OR IF YOU PREFER ONLY SCRIPTURE!

ONE MORE QUESTION!

IS THE JEWISH MESSIAH AN ORDINARY HUMAN BEING, AND DIFFERENT IN ANY WAY, OR ALSO 

THE SON OF GOD, LIKE JESUS IS?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Berean,

Though I did reply to you with a long post on FEBRUARY 28, 2024 AT 4:51 AM#946084

I figured I would reply again to what you said below and condense my position.

YOU:

The WORD was not  the GOD(THE FATHER)

THE Word was WITH THE GOD

AND THE WORD WAS GOD

ME: 

Reading John 1:1-2 I see there are 2 different beginnings being referred to and as you move through the chapter the content directly supports exactly that.

There are a number of scriptures throughout the NT that speak to Jesus’s anointing of the Spirit and him being sent to preach God’s word through the Spirit dwelling in him as a BEGINNING.

John 1:1 is speaking to the BEGINNING of the gospel, to which those who believe are saved.

Berean, some facts for you to ponder,

The WORD of God (prophecy) was that He would give His Spirit to abode in a Son of Man who He would then send out to preach the gospel and fulfill God’s covenant. God would hold his hand and keep him, not allowing him to fail in that all God commands of him.

The WORD of God (prophecy) was that He would give mankind a new heart and place His Spirit in them and cause them to walk in all His ways.

The WORD of God that Jesus preached was that a man must be born of the Spirit to enter into the kingdom of God.

The WORD of God that Jesus preached was that we would be baptized as he was baptized and that we would drink of the cup that he drinks of, but to sit on the right or left of Jesus in the kingdom is up to the Father.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set* the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

You see Berean, that which occurred to Jesus at the river Jordan and again when he rose from the dead, receiving “the PROMISED Spirit”/ “on this day I have begotten thee” is what we are promised as well and this all was God’s WORD from the beginning and is the reason God had created all things in the first place. We are heirs of God, JOINT HEIRS with the ANOINTED SON OF MAN. 

The WORD is the PROMISED SPIRIT such was in the beginning with God when He created all things.

This WORD was fulfilled in Jesus of Nazareth which was the beginning of the WORD being preached, the beginning of the LIGHT being sent. The WORDS that Jesus spoke “they were Spirit and they were life”, those that believed in him, that he was the fulfillment of Isaiah 42, 61, 53, the fulfillment of the WORD and believed on his WORD that one could drink of the cup that he drinks of and be born of the Spirit and enter into God’s kingdom, would receive that very promise, they too would become Sons of God.

Berean “the WORD” is not a pre-existing Jesus existing before and speaking creation into existence. “The WORD” is God’s Spirit with the promise that it will abode in man.

When you think of the message of the entire bible, when you think of the message of the gospel and Jesus’s clear words it’s all about how God promised eternal life even before the world began and to obtain eternal life you must have God’s Spirit dwelling in you, as the fruit thereof is in all goodness righteousness and truth, without the Spirit we are dead.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You: Berean

“the WORD” is not a pre-existing Jesus

existing before and speaking creation into existence.

“The WORD” is God’s Spirit with the promise that it will 

abode in man.

ME: IN THE ABOVE Jodi, UNAWARE OF, YOU ARE NOT ONLY CONTRADICTING YOURSELF, BUT YOU ALSO ARE SAYING THINGS, WHILE IN THE SAME TIME, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN TO THE EXTENT THAT

YOU ARE ADMITTING WHAT YOU DENY!

THE TRUTH!

More to come!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……All those who have the Spirit of truth abiding in them, know the sound of  truth when they hear it,  your last post was Solid “Truth”,  how simple, how exact, how sound in every way.  It’s sad to see some here who can’t understand that “Truth”, that you have so eloquently explained.

The sound from the “SPIRIT OF TRUTH” , IS SO PLEASANT, to a old man like me.

Have you ever considered writing pamphlets or articles on, JOHN 1;1 who is the WORD.,  If you would,  I would be more the willing to help pay for the costs,  let me know if you want to.

Peace and love to you and yours Jodi……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Thank you Gene and I believe I am getting there, feeling more ready to share out more publicly, in one way or another, what the sum of all scripture truly reveals regarding God and His plan for mankind, with Jesus as a firstborn of many brethren.

Jodi
    Participant

Carmel, I would bet that the only way that YOU SEE that I am contradicting myself or that YOU SEE that I am admitting what I deny, is if you are taking what I have said and are applying it to what YOU further believe and then pretend that I believe that too.

Do you get that Carmel?

I hope that you do realize that the ONLY WAY you can legitimately prove your accusation is to speak directly to that which I further believe where you must leave out entirely that which you believe.

I most certainly welcome you to try and stand by your accusation through applying it directly to that which I further believe. ONLY THEN can you prove that I am contradicting myself or that I am admitting to what I deny.

DesireTruth
    Participant

To ALL, specifically Gene,

You: Nowhere in scripture does it say he “rose” on Sunday morning. You force the text to say that by changing the word tense, and leaving out the rest of the sentence.

Me: REALLY!!! I’m “forcing” this “tense change.” No, I can read! Can you? Everyone of these translations states Jesus “rose” early on the first day of the week; it is you who fails to understand this phrase “when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week” actually says. It’s written in the “past tense” because the event happened prior to Mary showing up at the tomb. How do you not understand this?!?!!? But your right, you caught me because I was involved in the writing of nine different bible translation and “forced” each of them to change the tense of this passage! Or maybe, it’s a false teaching within your faith you can’t let go of because it turns your religion into a lie.

New International Version

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.

New Living Translation

After Jesus rose from the dead early on Sunday morning, the first person who saw him was Mary Magdalene, the woman from whom he had cast out seven demons.

English Standard Version

Now when he rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.

New King James Version

Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.

You: Face it DT, you’re just stumbling around in your own ignorance, and rejecting the truth.

Me: Then why are you afraid to answer questions and keep deflecting away from them? I present them once again:

Why is Psalm 16:10 suppose to be a prophecy pointing to Jesus; when it’s a Psalm where David describes God as his “source” for everything in life and in death?

How did Jesus “stump” the Pharisees when he quoted Psalm 110:1? A Psalm that is written to and not written by David.

Why is Isa 7:14 being taught every year as being a prophecy of Jesus’ birth? When it’s really a prophecy directed at King Ahaz.

Why does the KJV change the verb tenses of Isa 9:6-7 to a future tense when they are actually in the past?

Verses 1-18 of Ps 22 is David crying out to God because of his enemies; but verse 16 is a reference to Jesus. How?! Sounds like cherry picking!

Let’s add Zech 13:6 to the list and explain how this is a reference to Jesus; when this section is speaking of false prophets?

Gene, before you accuse me of “stumbling around in ignorance”, answer all the above questions! If you can’t, which of us are “stumbling”?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Happy Easter!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DT,

Scripture saying that Jesus “rose early on the first day of the week” does not speak to him rising from the dead on that day, he had already risen from the dead on the Sabbath. That passage speaks to him having risen from where he had been resting as other scriptures use that term exactly in that same manner.

But what I would like to focus on is the scripture that speaks to Jesus being three days and three nights “in the heart of the earth”.

Matthew 12:4040 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The “heart of the earth” DOES NOT MEAN THE GRAVE but most all folks believe so and then do calculation in total error! Just think about the wording for a minute, how would “the HEART of the earth” actually represent the place of death? The HEART of the earth represents the heart of the people upon the earth as scriptures within Psalms and Isaiah both speak to.

When you read through the gospels you will also notice scripture speak of God’s protection over Jesus as men were wanting and seeking to kill him from the beginning, but nothing would come to fruition as God was protecting Jesus from the heart of the earth. The moment it was time, God took away his protection and allowed the heart of the earth, the heart of man to do as it willed.

Tuesday evening of the 12th Jesus tells his disciples that in two days would be the Passover and he would be handed over to be crucified. Jesus is betrayed by Judas that evening for 30 pieces of silver where Judas sought from that time on the opportunity to hand Jesus over.  Jesus entered into the heart of the earth! Jesus is anointed with fragrant oil for his burial that evening. First Evening

Wednesday the 13th. First Day

Wednesday evening of the 13th. Second Evening

Thursday the 14th. Second Day

Thursday afternoon of 14th, Jesus keeps the Passover meal, Jesus is handed over due to the betrayal by Judas on Tuesday evening.  Third Evening

Friday, Day of the 15th Jesus is crucified and dies at 3 pm. and is placed in the tomb. Third Day

Friday evening of the 15th where 3 Days and 3 Nights have passed! Jesus is raised from the dead on Friday during the Sabbath where his flesh most certainly did not have the time to decay just as God had promised!

When the guards sealed the tomb the next day he had already risen and left.

Just as Jonah suffered in the whale, Jesus suffered in the heart of the earth, the heart of the people as he was betrayed and then was spit on, mocked, beaten and crucified.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

The only thing in my last post that really matters are the last six questions that have been asked.

What you wrote doesn’t align with what gospels say.

Berean
    Participant

Was Jesus crucified on Wednesday or Friday?

If you want/if anyone wants a complete study on the subject go to:
    https://www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com/

God bless

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@jodi

Hi Jodi,

John 1:4 speaking about the Word:
    In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 5:26
    For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Jesus is the Word. He has life in HIMSELF.

Viewing 20 posts - 25,521 through 25,540 (of 25,866 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account