JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,321 through 25,340 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi DT,

Not sure if I will answer all of your questions in 1 post, so if you don’t see an answer know that I will respond again later.

First of all you need to stop saying things like “is there a passage in the Tanakh (OT) that says…” and such the like. It’s pointless to someone who believes that the OT and the NT is God’s word. Do you do the same from one OT book with that of another, why not? Do you question what Isaiah says, if you can’t also find it written somewhere in Psalms?

YOU: You quote Paul (Gal 3:8) as saying God would justify the heathen through faith; faith in what? Faith in a man, faith in God, faith in a belief? Is there a passage in the Tanakh (OT) that says the gentile will be justified by faith?

ME: Faith in God our heavenly Father, which the purpose of Jesus was to bring us into such faith. Jesus is an example of God’s Spirit bringing forth righteousness unto eternal life. We are given from Ezekiel that God would put His Spirit in man and cause him to walk in all his ways, Jesus is a firstborn of such. Jesus is an example that the power of God’s Spirit in man when given without measure is a stronger influence over the carnal mind, the Spirit really brings forth all goodness, righteousness and truth. We are to desire the Spirit so we too can walk in all of God’s ways, we are to have faith in God’s promise that we will receive it along with a body that no longer draws us away from God, an immortal body that is free to serve God and not subjected to the fear of death serving the body in order to survive.

YOU: Where in this chapter and/or verse do you get God was declaring there would be a man who would come and do God’s will?

ME: Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: 13 I bring near my righteousness,  it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
    2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
    3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
    4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
    5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
    6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
    7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
    8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den.
    9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
    10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny and DT……..What Jodi HAS POSTED to you,   IS “TRUE AND RIGHT” 

peace and love to you all and yours……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DT,

YOU: the Hebrew word for “seed” in verse 18 is “zera” and means descendants or offspring. Some translations render “seed” as “children.” So it’s through the children (plural) of Abraham all nations will be blessed. God’s chosen people are to be a “light for the nations.”

ME:

Zera

seed, sowing, offspring
    a sowing
    seed
    semen virile
    offspring, descendants, posterity, children

“zera” meaning seed or offspring does not in and of itself equate to plural, that is nonsense. If I have one offspring, if I have one seed, if I have one zera, you want to tell me I actually don’t at all?  A firstborn child doesn’t become your seed until you have a second child now does it?

Scripture does in fact use “zera” as singular

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed (zera)  instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

that seed (zera) represents specifically Adam’s offspring, Seth, as in one seed.

1 Samuel 1:11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child (zera), then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

zera in this passage represents one child

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed (zera) after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

the above likewise speaks of one specific descendent/zera of David and this one seed of David is also the promised one seed of Abraham, who in him all nations would be blessed. 

Genesis 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies.

Genesis 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The seed of Abraham that is multiplied as the stars of heaven and as the sand upon the seashore make up many nations. 

22:18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

DT you say “it’s through the children (plural) of Abraham all nations will be blessed”, but those nations include their own nations, so then your position would need to be that all the children of Abraham are blessed through themselves. Your reaching this conclusion because you assert “zera” “seed” only means plural, which in fact it doesn’t.   

As “zera” does in fact represent “a seed”, “a child” as in singular and we do in fact have other passages that speak of one child bringing forth peace upon all the earth, a blessing, I am going to render “thy seed” in verse 18 as singular.

Psalms 2:1 Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the LORD and against his anointed, saying, 3 “Let us break their chains and throw off their shackles.” 4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 5 He rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying, 6 “I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain.” 7 I will proclaim the LORD’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father. 8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You will break them with a rod of iron ; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling. 12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for his wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

Wanted to get back to John 1 as reading through scriptures as of late, there is something that has stood out to me, scripture that speaks to a certain beginning, the beginning of the gospel being preached by Jesus.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

SO WAIT, does it makes sense that we have “In the beginning” and then “the same was in the beginning with God”?

Could John be referencing two different beginnings? Such would certainly make a whole lot more sense.

Could verse 1 be speaking of the beginning of Jesus being sent to speak God’s word, the beginning of the gospel being taught and verse 2 is telling us that such was in the very beginning with God?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; …9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

John 6:63  It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

John 12: 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting, whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the Word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Luke 23: 4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man. 5 And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luke 1: 1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the Word.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the Word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, Promised before the world began

2 Tim 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom PREPARED for you FROM THE foundation of the world.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

When the Spirit came upon Jesus and he was sent to speak the Word such was a beginning, the beginning of the Word of the Gospel, the beginning of the Word of the coming kingdom and the Word of eternal life.

This Word was with God in Jesus and this Word was God.

CLEARLY such is outlined below by John, 

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness…49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Further we know from the likes of  2 Timothy 1, Titus 1, 1 John 3 and Matthew 25, this same was in the beginning with God, having been prepared from the foundation of the world.

Just as Mark 1 began with speaking of the beginning of the Gospel, preached by the anointed Jesus, this is exactly what John 1 began with in verse 1 as well!

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

You: First of all you need to stop saying things like “is there a passage in the Tanakh (OT) that says…” and such the like. It’s pointless to someone who believes that the OT and the NT is God’s word. Do you do the same from one OT book with that of another, why not? Do you question what Isaiah says, if you can’t also find it written somewhere in Psalms?

Me: Why shouldn’t one ask for passages from the Tanakh to support the NT? Isn’t the Tanakh the foundational text for the NT? Isn’t the Tanakh were the writings come from to support the “coming Messiah”? Don’t the writers of the NT quote the Tanakh? When a claim is made that states “according to scripture” or “as it is written”, shouldn’t we all demand a supporting text from the Tanakh and have a reference to it?

If both the OT and NT are God’s word, why are they not aligned? One can say all day long they are; yet, when asked to explain why the messiah of the OT differs from the NT messiah – one is to bring peace and the other, violence – no one has an answer. One is to establish peace among the nations, the other is to destroy those who don’t believe in him. God says all nations will come to worship before him, while the writers of the NT tell the “unbeliever” they are condemned to hell (some say for eternity). It is written in Zechariah that ten none Jews will grab the hem of a Jew to learn more about HaShem (God). If all that are left are “christians” in the end, why would they want or need to learn more about God…don’t “christians” already “know” about God? What christian will seek the council of a Jew; you know, the one who missed your messiah and killed your Jesus.

I have already established Paul is a lair. What’s humorous is no one challenged it; either all know he is a liar or are turning a blind eye to his deception or don’t recognize his deceitful tongue. Paul even admits to robbing the early church and christianity is fine with him stating it. Paul also teaches you are a worthless being; aren’t you created in the image of God? I think the only one who is worthless is Paul. Explain why the only time one reads “declares the Lord” or “says the Lord” in the NT is when it’s quoted from the OT? Why doesn’t God speak through these men giving HIS words as he did in the OT? Explain why there are differing interpretations of the same verse, with each religious sect giving their interpretation as right and the others as wrong. Explain how this can be if God gave these words in the NT; how can there be any confusion to what is being conveyed, if they truly came from “God”? How is your faith more “right” than another? God in NOT a God of confusion. So comparing the OT to the NT is like comparing apples to oranges.

To compare the writings in the Tanakh to other writings within the Tanakh, you will find them to be congruent in their message. I think the most prominent would be were we find salvation in HaShem and not through a demi-god (offspring of a god and a mortal – spirit of God and Mary). I can’t possibly be the only one who sees this!?!

Concerning Isa 46, you really need to read the chapter in its entirety; I think your missing something, there is nothing in this chapter that speaks of an individual person. If your focus is strictly verse 10, please put it into context before making assumptions.

In Isa 11, this chapter is speaking of the Messiah but did you read anything about believing in the Messiah for salvation? The Messiah will do God’s will and God’s spirit will be upon him; when did Jesus put the wicked to death? Please don’t say when Jesus comes again because you will have to tell where it says in the Tanakh the messiah was to come twice; this is what the NT teaches, now support it with the words of HaShem.

You: “zera” meaning seed or offspring does not in and of itself equate to plural, that is nonsense. If I have one offspring, if I have one seed, if I have one zera, you want to tell me I actually don’t at all? A firstborn child doesn’t become your seed until you have a second child now does it?

Me: Scripture does in fact use “zera” as singular. Are you really nit-picking the word “zera”?!?! Of course zera can mean a singular descendant; but we are not speaking of a singular descendant are we? We’re talking about the future of Abraham’s seed, which as verse 17 states will multiply as the stars of heaven and since verse 18 begins with the conjunction “and” it is explicitly connected with verse 17 and is therefore speaking of many and NOT a singular seed that christianity associates to referring to Jesus. Context IS everything!! Let’s keep guessing or is it parroting…

You also cite Isa 9:6, please read this link

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene

Are you going to continue to ride the coattails of Jodi or are you going offer your own thoughts?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU:  Danny and DT……..What Jodi HAS POSTED to you,   IS “TRUE AND RIGHT” 

ME: Gene read hereunder post #945861 from page 1266, ALL IN ITALIC, HENCE MY REPLY TO Jodi’s , GARABGE;

USING Jodi’s LANGUAGE  PRECISELY HER REPLY TO MY POST TO HER HEREUNDER AND ALSO ADDRESSED TO YOU, AND ANSWER PLEASE!

AREN’T YOU GOING TO SAY THAT WHAT

Jodi POSTED TO ME WAS “NOT TRUE AND RIGHT” IN THE SAME WAY YOU DID ABOVE?

HERE WE GO:

Hi Jodi, 

ME:  ONLY JESUS RECEIVED ALL THE ABOVE BY THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE, BUT NOT INCESSANTLY POSSESSED!

YOU: There exists no scriptural support for what you have stated whatsoever.

ME: WE’LL SEE AS WE PROCEED TILL I ANSWER ALL YOUR FALLACIES.

You continually add into scripture what is not there and turn the bible into a book of nonsense.

As said before there exists no scripture that Jesus received God’s Spirit here and there.  The idea that the Spirit descended upon him like a dove and abode in him,

but would leave him and then descend again, is complete garbage.

Me: Jodi, YOU ARE COMPLETELY CONFUSED AND YOUR MINDSET REGARDING THE POWER OF THE FATHER AND THE FUNCTION AND TASKS OF THE HOLY GHOST IS NOT ONLY BLANK BUT A FALLACY, WITH EVERY RESPECT. YOUR COMMENT ABOVE IS ONLY FOCUSED ON THE HOLY GHOST.

BUT IRONICALLY YOU LEFT OUT THE MOST VITAL PRECISELY:

THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD!

Now read again what I said in my post:

Me: Jodi and in this case Gene, WHERE DOES SCRIPTURE SAY THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WHILE HE WAS IN THE WILDERNESS?

Jodi IN THE ABOVE I USED THE TERM “IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT” THEN I SAID:

JESUS WAS ONLY LED BY THE SPIRIT TO BE TESTED AS A HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN!

AND SATAN, THE DEVIL, IS NOT THAT STUPID TO TEST THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD!

You:  He indeed had the power to make bread from stone.

John5:19 Then Jesus answered, and said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you,

the Son cannot do anything of himself,…..

NOW READ AGAIN WHAT I SAID TO YOU:

HOW ON EARTH COULD JESUS BE TESTED AND EVENTUALLY SIN IF HE WAS UNDER THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT?

IT’S ILLOGICAL AND

PURE NONSENSE!

You: The idea that the Spirit descended upon him like a dove and abode in him,

but would leave him and then descend again, is complete garbage.

ME: YOU IN THE ABOVE ARE CONFUSED AND SAID THAT THE SPIRIT WOULD LEAVE HIM AND THEN DESCEND AGAIN.

NO Jodi, IT’S WHAT YOU SAID IS COMPLETE GARBAGE I’M AFRAID!

NOT THE SPIRIT WOULD LEAVE JESUS AT ALL, BUT

THE POWER OF GOD WOULD NOT BE PRESENT AS GOD FEELS FIT!
    AS WE WILL SEE LATER THROUGH SCRIPTURE.

THE POWER OF GOD AND THE FUNCTION OF THE HOLY GHOST ARE TWO DIFFERENT PROCESSES. THERE’S A DIVINE PROCEDURE, THE FATHER, A SPIRIT, ALWAYS ETERNALLY ABIDES IN THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL, THEN BOTH ETERNALLY INDWELL THE SON, JESUS

Well asserted in

Isaiah 42:1 BEHOLD MY SERVANT, I will uphold him: my elect,

MY SOUL delighteth in him: I have given MY SPIRIT upon HIM…..

AS CLEAR AS A CRYSTAL Jodi,

BEHOLD MY SERVANT….. HOW??
    JESUS PREEXISTED AS A SPIRIT BEFORE THE WORLD WAS AS

THE EMBODIMENT AND CARRIER OF GOD THE FATHER,

GOD’S SERVANT!

AND IN BETWEEN THERE WAS/IS ALWAYS THE HOLY GHOST.

GOD’S SOUL. TO BE CLEAR:

THE SPIRIT, THE FATHER

THE SOUL, THE HOLY GHOST, AND

THE FLESH “THE WORD” MADE FLESH, THE SON OF MAN.

THE TRIUNE GOD!

NOW WE ARE CREATED IN GOD’S IMAGE!

IN SPIRIT, SOUL, AND FLESH!

WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT’S YOUR PIGEON!

Now let’s read:

Luke 1:34 And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? 35 And the angel answering, said to her:

THE HOLY GHOST shall come upon thee, and

THE POWER of the MOST HIGH shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called

THE SON OF GOD.

FIRST AND FOREMOST, FROM Luke ABOVE, WE ARE CERTAIN THAT THE POWER OF GOD IS THE ATTRIBUTE OF THE FATHER,

NEVER OF THE HOLY GHOST ALONE AS SUCH. Well asserted also in

Luke 22:69 But hereafter the Son of man shall be sitting on the right hand of

THE POWER OF GOD.

Jodi, JESUS IS SITTING ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE FATHER NOT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE HOLY GHOST OK?

I REPEAT: THE POWER IS THE ATTRIBUTE OF THE FATHER AS HE FEELS FIT!

THUS FROM THE FATHER THE POWER OF GOD PASSES UNTO THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL,  AND FROM AND THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST UNTO THE INDIVIDUAL, IN THIS UNIQUE AND MOST MYSTERIOUS DIVINE/HUMAN BLENDING CASE UNTO JESUS’ MOTHER, THE VIRGIN MARY.

THUS, IN THIS PARTICULAR PROCESS OF THE INCARNATION OF GOD IN JESUS’ CONCEPTION OCCURRED, OR  SINCE MARY, THE WOMAN, IS ALSO INVOLVED, AT LEAST SEEMED TO OCCUR, TWO SEPARATE DIVINE PROCESSES Jodi! “FIRST”, THE ONE BY GOD’S MOST VERSATILE HOLY SPIRIT, IN THIS CASE, THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL, Isaiah 42:1, AND THEN, THE ONE BY THE POWER OF THE FATHER,

THUS, IMMEDIATELY ON MARY’S CONSENT, ACCORDING TO GABRIEL’S DESCRIPTION, OCCURRED A UNIQUE CONSISTENT DIVINE PROCEDURE,

WHEN THE HOLY GHOST INITIATED THIS COMPOUND PROCESS, AND HE CAME UPON AND OCCUPIED MARY’S WOMB “FIRST”, THEN IMMEDIATELY THE POWER OF THE FATHER FOLLOWED, OVERSHADOWED MARY, ATTENTION PLEASE, AND THE SON OF GOD, JESUS’DIVINE NATURE, NOT THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE YET, WAS FULLY FORMED SPIRITUALLY OF THE HOLY GHOST IN JESUS’SOUL.

A PERFECT TRIUNE SPIRITUAL PROCESS BY GOD ORCHESTRATED BY

THE POWER OF THE FATHER, WITHIN THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL, AND BOTH IN THE SON OF GOD.  Isaiah 42:1,

THE TRIUNE GODHEAD EMBODIED IN JESUS’ SOUL, WITHIN MARY’S UNIQUE WOMB, AS “THE WORD”

NOT YET MADE FLESH IN OUR HUMAN WORLDLY TERMS, HENCE; THE FACT THAT OCCURRED

A DIVINE/HUMAN BLENDING, AS GOD INCARNATED IN JESUS’ IMMACULATE CONCEPTION, IN MARY’S WOMB.

I REPEAT THROUGHOUT SPIRITUAL!

NOTHING IN FLESH AND BLOOD YET!!!

SOMETHING TO CHEW NOW, THOUGH YOU DON’T HAVE THE APPROPRIATE TEETH! WITH EVERY RESPECT!

AS GOD, INCARNATED IN JESUS’CONCEPTION IN MARY’S UNIQUE WOMB WAS NOT YET IN

THE WORLD, SATANIC!

BUT EQUALLY STILL IN HEAVEN.

THE FACT THAT NEITHER SPERM NOR OVUM WAS PRESENT THERE!

ONLY GOD’S TRIUNE GLORY IN HIS SPIRITUAL WORK!

“THE WORD” MADE FLESH IN GOD’S TERMS!

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead corporeally;

NOW THIS DIVINE PROCEDURE, WHERE THE HOLY GHOST ALWAYS INITIATES GOD’S WORK, IS EVIDENT THROUGHOUT SCRIPTURE, IT’S HIS PARTICULAR TASK RIGHT FROM Genesis 1:2, THEN THE POWER OF THE FATHER FUNCTIONS ONLY AS GOD FEELS FIT FROM WITHIN.

Well asserted hereunder:

Acts 10:44 While Peter was yet speaking these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them that heard the word. 45And the faithful of the circumcision, who came with Peter, were astonished, for that the grace of the Holy Ghost was poured out upon the Gentiles also. 46For they heard them speaking with tongues,

and magnifying God.

I JUST WANT TO ADD HERE THAT THE HOLY GHOST DID HIS WORK AND ANOINTED THE GENTILES EVEN BEFORE THEY WERE OFFICIALLY BAPTIZED, AND THEY SPOKE WITH TONGUES! 

WHILE AT THE RIVER JORDAN, ACCORDING TO YOU AND Jodi, JESUS WAS FIRST ANOINTED AND THEN AFTERWORD, HE WAS IN FULL POWER, 

GARBAGE????

DESPITE THAT THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT IS NOWHERE TO BE READ, JUST ACRRY ON READING PLESE:

47Then Peter answered: Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized,

who have received the Holy Ghost, as well as we?

FROM THE ABOVE WE ARE AWARE THAT THE HOLY GHOST INITIATED HIS WORK FOR GOD AND DELIBERATELY OCCUPIED THE GENTILES EVEN BEFORE THEY WERE OFFICIALLY BAPTIZED.

SIMPLY AS HE WAS ENRICHED BY THE UNIQUE AND THE MOST POWERFUL ATTRIBUTES OF JESUS CHRIST AS GODMAN ON EARTH, PRECISELY SENT FROM THE FATHER, BY JESUS CHRIST THE SUPREME RULER OVER ALL, AND PROPRIETOR OF ALL FLESH, ONLY POSSIBLE BY AND FROM JESUS’DEATH, HIS RESURRECTION, AND GLORIFICATION OFFICIALLY ON EARTH FROM PENTECOST, AGAIN ALSO IN THIS CASE

BY THE INITIATION OF THE WORK OF GOD PRECISELY BY

THE HOLY SPIRIT!

NOW WITH CERTAINTY, WE KNOW THAT THE FUNCTION OF THE HOLY GHOST IS DISTINCT AND DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE FATHER AND HIS POWER. DESPITE THEY ARE EQUAL AND ONE IN EVERY SENSE

AS ONLY THE FUNCTION IS DISTINCT AND DIFFERENT, THUS,

FOR ONE TO BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST IS A PROCESS ON ITS OWN, AND TO BE FILLED WITH POWER IS ANOTHER OF THE FATHER, ESPECIALLY POWER WITHOUT MEASURE ONLY ENDOWED TO JESUS THE SON OF MAN, AFTER HE LEFT THE WILDERNES, FOR THE FULFILLMENT OF GOD’S GLORY ON EARTH!

THOUGH A KIND AND A TEMPORARY LIMITED POWER COULD ALSO BE PRESENT, LIKE IN THE CASE IN Acts 10 ABOVE.

You: You continually add into scripture what is not there and turn the bible into a book of nonsense.

All that in the next post!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Cont.

HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH:

Hi Jodi,

You: You continually add into scripture what is not there and turn the bible into a book of nonsense.

Let’s read the scripture.

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report,

full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom,

whom we may appoint over this business. 4But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. 5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude:

and they chose Stephen,

a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost,
    and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

Jodi, ONLY STEPHEN OUT OF THE SEVEN SELECTED IS FULL OF FAITH AND THE HOLY GHOST!

RIGHT?

NOW, SCRIPTURE DIDN’T MENTION NEITHER THAT STEPHEN IS NOT YET IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, NOR THAT THE OTHER SIX WERE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST!

ARE YOU READY TO CONCLUDE THEN AND ADD TO SCRIPTURE THAT SINCE STEPHEN IS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST IS ALSO FULL OF POWER, AND ALL THE OTHER SIX SELECTED ARE ALSO FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST AS WELL?

6Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power,
    did great wonders and miracles among the people.

IN THE ABOVE, AGAIN, ONLY STEPHEN EVENTUALLY WAS GIVEN THE POWER AND PERFORMED GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES, AND WE ONLY KNOW ABOUT THIS IN VERSE 8, AFTER THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND THE NUMBER OF THE DISCIPLES WERE MULTIPLIED AND SO ON.

THUS STEPHEN WAS FULL OF POWER NOT IMMEDIATELY WHEN HE WAS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST,

HIS NORMAL STATE EVEN BEFORE HE WAS SELECTED,

BUT AFTER A CONSIDERABLE PERIOD OF TIME, WHEN THE SEVEN WERE SELECTED AND THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND SO ON.

I REPEAT: ARE YOU READY ALSO, IN THIS CASE, TO ADD TO SCRIPTURE AND CONCLUDE THAT ALL THE SELECTED WERE GIVEN THE POWER TO PERFORM GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES, LIKE IN THE CASE OF STEPHEN, AFTER ALL, THEY SUPPOSED, WERE ALSO FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST NO?

NOW, THE FACT THAT STEPHEN WAS FULL OF POWER ONLY AFTER A CONSIDERABLE PERIOD OF TIME, WHEN THE SEVEN WERE SELECTED AND THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND SO ON.

ISN’T IT CLEAR ENOUGH, THAT TO BE FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST, IS NOT GUARANTEED THAT POWER IS ALSO GIVEN?

NEVER MIND AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY.

Now to:

Luke 4:1 AND Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan,

Jodi, LIKE IN THE CASE OF STEPHEN, reading Luke above he only declared that Jesus was full of the Holy Ghost!

ARE YOU READY TO ADD TO SCRIPTURE AND CONCLUDE THAT JESUS AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY WAS ALSO IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT?

Acts 10:38 Jesus of Nazareth:

how God anointed him with the Holy Ghost,

and with power, …..

AGAIN Jodi, IT IS MORE THAN CERTAIN IN THE ABOVE, THAT IT WAS NOT SUFFICIENT ENOUGH JUST TO SAY THAT JESUS WAS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST,

BUT ACTS HAD TO MAKE SURE AND CLEAR THAT

JESUS WAS ALSO WITH POWER!

IN LUKE 4:1 WE NEVER READ SUCH DECLARATION!

ONLY YOUR FALLACY, AND NONSENSE! 

More to come!

carmel
    Participant

Cont.

HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH:

Hi Jodi,

Let’s read the scripture.

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report,

full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom,

whom we may appoint over this business. 4But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. 5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude:

and they chose Stephen,

a man full of faith, and of the Holy Ghost,
    and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

Jodi, ONLY STEPHEN OUT OF THE SEVEN SELECTED IS FULL OF FAITH AND THE HOLY GHOST!

RIGHT?

NOW, SCRIPTURE DIDN’T MENTION NEITHER THAT STEPHEN IS NOT YET IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, NOR THAT THE OTHER SIX WERE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST!

ARE YOU READY TO CONCLUDE THEN AND ADD TO SCRIPTURE THAT SINCE STEPHEN IS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST IS ALSO FULL OF POWER, AND ALL THE OTHER SIX SELECTED ARE ALSO FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST AS WELL?

6Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

7And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power,
    did great wonders and miracles among the people.

IN THE ABOVE, AGAIN, ONLY STEPHEN EVENTUALLY WAS GIVEN THE POWER AND PERFORMED GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES, AND WE ONLY KNOW ABOUT THIS IN VERSE 8, AFTER THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND THE NUMBER OF THE DISCIPLES WERE MULTIPLIED AND SO ON.

THUS STEPHEN WAS FULL OF POWER NOT IMMEDIATELY WHEN HE WAS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST,

HIS NORMAL STATE EVEN BEFORE HE WAS SELECTED,

BUT AFTER A CONSIDERABLE PERIOD OF TIME, WHEN THE SEVEN WERE SELECTED AND THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND SO ON.

I REPEAT: ARE YOU READY ALSO, IN THIS CASE, TO ADD TO SCRIPTURE AND CONCLUDE THAT ALL THE SELECTED WERE GIVEN THE POWER TO PERFORM GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES, LIKE IN THE CASE OF STEPHEN, AFTER ALL, THEY SUPPOSED, WERE ALSO FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST NO?

NOW, THE FACT THAT STEPHEN WAS FULL OF POWER ONLY AFTER A CONSIDERABLE PERIOD OF TIME, WHEN THE SEVEN WERE SELECTED AND THE WORD OF GOD INCREASED AND SO ON.

ISN’T IT CLEAR ENOUGH, THAT TO BE FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST, IS NOT GUARANTEED THAT POWER IS ALSO GIVEN?

NEVER MIND AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY.

Now to:

Luke 4:1 AND Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost, returned from the Jordan,

Jodi, LIKE IN THE CASE OF STEPHEN, reading Luke above he only declared that Jesus was full of the Holy Ghost!

ARE YOU READY TO ADD TO SCRIPTURE AND CONCLUDE THAT JESUS AUTOMATICALLY AND IMMEDIATELY WAS ALSO IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT?

Acts 10:38 Jesus of Nazareth:

how God anointed him with the Holy Ghost,

and with power, …..

AGAIN Jodi, IT IS MORE THAN CERTAIN IN THE ABOVE, THAT IT WAS NOT SUFFICIENT ENOUGH JUST TO SAY THAT JESUS WAS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST,

BUT ACTS HAD TO MAKE SURE AND CLEAR THAT

JESUS WAS ALSO WITH POWER!

IN LUKE 4:1 WE NEVER READ SUCH DECLARATION!

ONLY YOUR FALLACY, AND NONSENSE! 

More to come!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth, you said……….>@Gene

Are you going to continue to ride the coattails of Jodi or are you going offer your own thoughts?

DT……..“Those are my thoughts, and Jesus Christ thoughts to you all also”. If you were “truly” in Christ Jesus, they would be your thoughts also.  What point would it be for me to quote to you exactly what Jodi is showing you from our scriptures also?

Even if Jesus Christ was here quoting those same scriptures you would not believe him either.

peace and love to you and yours DT…………..gene

carmel
    Participant

H Jodi,

Cont.

You: As said before there exists no scripture that Jesus received God’s Spirit

here and there.

…. but would leave him and then descend again, is complete garbage.

Me: Scripture again:

Luke 5:17….. the POWER of the Lord was PRESENT to heal them.

Jodi, READING THE ABOVE, CONFIRMS THAT,

THE POWER OF THE FATHER, NOT OF THE HOLY GHOST, OK?

WAS NOT ALWAYS PRESENT!!!

I MAKE IT CLEAR AND REMIND YOU, IT DOES NOT SAY OR INDICATE THAT

THE SPIRIT LEFT JESUS,

BUT THE POWER WAS NOT ALWAYS PRESENT!

SO THE FACT THAT JESUS WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND REMAINED ON HIM, DOES NOT MEAN THAT HE WAS ALSO AND ALWAYS INCESSANTLY FILLED WITH THE POWER OF GOD AT ALL.

AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

DON’T ADD TO SCRIPTURE, PLEASE!

Jodi, IT’S WHAT YOU JUST SAID ABOVE IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!

More scripture:

Mark 6:5 And he could not do any miracles there,

only that HE CURED a few that were sick, laying his hands upon them.

AS CLEAR AS A CRYSTAL I’M AFRAID: Jodi!!!

TWO DIFFERENT POWERS ARE MENTIONED ABOVE! 

ONE TO PERFORM MIRACLES, NOT AVAILABLE, AND

ONE TO JUST CURE BY LAYING HIS HANDS UPON THEM!

NOW, JUST TO REMIND YOU:

THE HOLY GHOST REMAINED IN JESUS AND HE FURNISHED JESUS ONLY WITH A TEMPORARY AND LIMITED POWER, TO JUST CURE BY LAYING HIS HANDS UPON, AND THIS IS ALWAYS ACCORDING TO THE FATHER’S WILL AND HIS POWER, WHO IS ALWAYS WITHIN THE HOLY GHOST, HIS SOUL, HIS UNIQUE ABODE, Isaiah 42:1, Isaiah 48:16, IN JESUS’ SOUL FROM CONCEPTION BORN ON THIS PLANET WITHIN THE SON OF MAN, IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN. AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE CAN DO NOTHING DELIBERATELY OF HIMSELF, ONLY THE FATHER’S WILL, AND AS THE FATHER SHOWS HIM, THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST IN JESUS’SOUL, JESUS’ DIVINE NATURE THE SON OF GOD.

JESUS, THE SON OF MAN IN THE ABOVE COULD NOT USE THE POWER OF THE FATHER WITHOUT MEASURE AND PERFORM MIRACLES, ATTENTION PLEASE:

BECAUSE IT IS NOT INCESSANTLY IN HIM AND HIS, AT HIS DISPOSITION AS HE FEELS FIT AS SUCH!

Now to:

John 2:4 And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee?

my hour is not yet come.

Jodi, IN THE ABOVE JESUS, AFTER HE WAS BAPTISED, FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST, LEFT THE WILDERNESS, AND ABOUT TO COMMENCE HIS MINISTRY, CONFIRMED THAT HE WAS NOT YET IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT!

THAT MEANS THAT JESUS NEVER HAD THE POWER OF THE FATHER NEITHER ON HIS BAPTISM NOR IN THE WILDERNESS!

NOW ANSWER WHO TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE?

Now to this particular scripture:

John11:41 They took therefore the stone away. And Jesus lifting up his eyes said:

Father, I give thee thanks that thou hast heard me. 

Jodi, JESUS CONFIRMED THAT THE FATHER HEARD HIM!

THAT MEANS THAT JESUS, NEVER JUST PERFORMED MIRACLES AND SO ON, DELIBERATELY BY HIS OWN WILL, AND POWER, BUT ALWAYS PRAYED TO THE FATHER BEFORE HE PERFORMED ANY TASK IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER. CONFIRMED AGAIN HERUNDER.

42And I knew that thou hearest me ALWAYS;…

THUS, FROM THE ABOVE WE ARE AWARE THAT JESUS DIDN’T POSSESS THE POWER OF THE FATHER WITHOUT MEASURE INCESSANTLY AS HIS OWN AND USED IT AS HE FELT FIT, BUT ACCORDING TO THE WILL AND FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, HERE IT COMES:

THEN  HE RECEIVED IT FROM THE FATHER AT THE PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME, TO BE CONSUMED IMMEDIATELY, ONCE JESUS,

“THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD PRONOUNCED IT! Well hinted out in

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the figure of his substance, and upholding all things by THE WORD OF HIS POWER,…

IN THE DESERT, JESUS FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST FROM HIS CONCEPTION, NEVER POSSESSED THE POWER OF THE FATHER, THAT POWER WAS ONLY TO BE USED DURING JESUS’ PUBLIC LIFE FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER AMONG HUMANS, AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME SATANIC! SPIRITUALLY DEAD!

ALSO, IN THE DESERT THE SUPERNATURAL POWER TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD WAS ONLY FOR JESUS’ GLORY, A POWER THAT JESUS NEITHER POSSESSED NOR WAS SUBJECT TO!

You: As said before there exists no scripture that Jesus received God’s Spirit

here and there.

…. but would leave him and then descend again, is complete garbage.

HEREUNDER, THOUGH NOT CONCERNING JESUS, WE CAN READ THE FUNCTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THAT FROM YOUR SIDE IS COMPLETE GARBAGE!

FIRST let’s read:

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they began to speak with divers tongues,

according as the Holy Ghost gave them to speak.

NOW READ HEREUNDER:

Acts 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings, and grant unto thy servants,

that with all confidence they may speak thy word,

30 By stretching forth thy hand to CURES, AND SIGNS, AND WONDERS TO BE DONE by the name of thy holy Son Jesus.

31And when they had prayed,

the place was moved wherein they were assembled;

and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,

and they spoke the word of God with confidence.

Jodi, WHAT ARE WE READING HERE? 

WASN’T ENOUGH THAT THE APOSTLES WERE GIVEN THE HOLY SPIRIT ON PENTECOST?

IN THE ABOVE THEY EITHER PRAYED AGAIN TO BE FILLED ANEW OR ELSE

THEY PRAYED FOR AN ADDITIONAL POWER.

OR IS IT THE CASE, THAT UNLESS THEY CONSTANTLY PRAY TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

HE ABANDONS THEM?

WHATEVER THE CASE, THE POWER IS NOT GIVEN ONLY ONCE AUTOMATICALLY ON THE FILLING OF THE HOLY GHOST, AND INCESSANTLY IN THEM, 

ESPECIALLY TO PERFORM GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES.

WE CAN ALSO CONCLUDE, THAT WHILE THE SPIRIT WOULD BE FURNISHED DELIBERATELY BY GOD THE FATHER AS HE FEELS FIT, ON THE OTHER HAND, THE POWER IS ALWAYS FURNISHED THROUGH PRAYERS BY FAITH, AND IN SOME CASES EVEN FASTING, AND ONLY IN THAT MOMENT IN TIME TO BE CONSUMED, ALWAYS RELATED TO THE WORK TO BE PERFORMED,

NOT INCESSANTLY POSSESSED.

Well clear in

Matthew 17:16

Lord, have pity on my son, for he is a lunatic, and suffereth much: for he falleth often into the fire, and often into the water. 16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. 17Then Jesus answered and said: O unbelieving and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. 18And Jesus rebuked him, and the devil went out of him, and the child was cured from that hour.

19Then came the disciples to Jesus secretly, and said: Why could not we cast him out? 20Jesus said to them:

Because of your unbelief. For, amen I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove from hence hither, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you. 21But this kind is not cast out but by prayer and fasting.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DT,

You say no one can answer and I say try me! The OT and the NT align and the NT does not contradict with the OT, your just misinterpreting, I’d say. Mainstream Christian doctrine for certain creates contradiction with their false interpretations of the NT, but the word itself interpreted correctly does not.

The NT provides more wisdom, more knowledge to the truth,  even concerning things from the past within the time of the OT, though it’s not written in the OT. Being given further understanding is great, essential, why we are given line upon line, verse upon verse, chapter upon chapter, book upon book. OT and NT are of ONE, we are given ONE TESTAMENT in my perspective.

DT, if I believe the NT gives us additional/NEW wisdom and NEW understanding (even to the past) how does that work when you want me to prove it with the OT? That is what it seems you are trying to hold me and others to at times and it’s absurd. One thing to point out what you see as a contradiction and ask for an explanation, but the other is quite different and as said, it’s absurd, totally nonsensical. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DT,

YOU: If both the OT and NT are God’s word, why are they not aligned? One can say all day long they are; yet, when asked to explain why the messiah of the OT differs from the NT messiahone is to bring peace and the other, violence – no one has an answer. One is to establish peace among the nations, the other is to destroy those who don’t believe in him. God says all nations will come to worship before him, while the writers of the NT tell the “unbeliever” they are condemned to hell (some say for eternity).

ME: What you are saying is simply not true, to the point it make me think you haven’t read much at all about the bible.

Does not God destroy the wicked throughout the OT? Does he not punish and kill unbelievers, those who don’t put their trust and faith in God? Where have you been?

I could give ample scripture but the below should suffice.

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

Deut 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
    2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field…

…15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee: 16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field. 17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store…long list of curses…22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

Isaiah 11 is prophecy of the Messiah concerning his second coming where he will judge bringing blessing to God’s faithful and destruction to the wicked. 

11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
    2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

A prophet would come and God would require the people to believe upon that which he spoke. This prophet is spoken of in Isaiah 11 and he most certainly destroys the wicked when he also brings peace upon the earth.

Scripture does not teach eternal punishment nor does it teach the idea that every man has an immortal soul that then could be punished or blessed for eternity. This is a great topic that has had it’s own threads and we can discuss on one of those.

Jodi
    Participant

last post came up twice so I deleted this one

Jodi
    Participant

HI DT,

YOU: It is written in Zechariah that ten none Jews will grab the hem of a Jew to learn more about HaShem (God). If all that are left are “christians” in the end, why would they want or need to learn more about God…don’t “christians” already “know” about God? What christian will seek the council of a Jew; you know, the one who missed your messiah and killed your Jesus.

ME: 

Who says a believer in Christ (who is himself a Jew), would ever know everything there is about God to a point they don’t need or would even want to learn more? No offense but where do you come up with this kind of crap? As we live our lives in God’s kingdom even then we will be forever learning about our heavenly Father.

What exactly in the below passage tells you that this is after God’s eternal kingdom is set up where there exists only believers?

Zech 8:20 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: 21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also. 22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. 23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Jesus is a Jew and I believe God was with him. Paul was a Jew and I believe God was with him, and you ask what “Christian” would believe a Jew, that’s a very ridiculous statement. David was a Jew and Solomon, I read their words as well to know more about God. Before Christ returns I will be continually reading words from Jews learning more and more from the bible, no doubt even afterwards too.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

I have asked many questions; they may not have been specifically directed at you, but do remain unanswered.

You say I’m “misinterpreting” the scripture because I say the NT doesn’t align with the Tanakh. I’m reading the words that are there. Let’s take a look why I say the book of Hebrews must be stripped from the bible and tell me if it aligns with the Tanakh or if the writer has an agenda they’re pushing.

The first chapter of Hebrews is a plethora of twisting of God’s words claiming to be a reference to Jesus; let’s start in verse 5 For to which of the angels did He ever say, “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again, “I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me”?

The first quote “you are my son, today I have begotten you” comes from Psa 2:7; read the entire chapter and this “son” is God speaking of David. The next phrase “I will be a father…son to me” comes from II Sam 7:14; read verses 8-17 to put this into context. If you did, did you discover this “Father” is God and the “son” is Solomon? Nothing here about Jesus as the writer claims; yet, I’m “misinterpreting” the scripture?!?

Verse 6 “And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “And let all the angels of God worship him.” A reference to Psa 97:7 “All worshipers of graven images will be ashamed, yea those who boast of idols; all gods, prostrate yourselves before Him.” Here Hebrews says the angels are going to worship Jesus; yet, in the Psalms these graven images will be bowing before God. Funny, I see a mismatch.

Verse 8-9 but of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and a righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness. So God, your God, has anointed you over your companions with the oil of rejoicing.”

This is a direct quote from Psa 45:6-7; since we can’t just make assumptions or believe the author of Hebrews is using the passage in the context it was written, the Psalm must be read in full. First you will notice it’s a Psalm from the “sons of Korah” (not written by David) AND it is meant for a “Royal wedding celebration” or a “Song of Loves.” It is written first to the king and describes the majesty and greatness of this king. Now comes verse 6-7, the writer is describing the throne this king sits upon and this throne was established by God – forever (I Chron 29:23 Solomon sat upon the throne of the Lord) (I Chron 17:16 God says to David your throne will be established forever) and will rule justly from the throne. Because this king loves righteousness and hates wickedness, he has been anointed to be above his peers. Do verses 2-5 give an accurate description of Jesus? Maybe he’ll be that the second time he returns and apparently will be getting married too, verses 9-17.

Moving onto verse 10 (remember in verse 8 “But of the son He says”) AND, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of your hands”; taken from Psa 102:25; but let’s include 24 for context, 24 I say, “My God, do not carry me off from my life in the middle of my days.” Your years continue throughout all generations. 25 Long ago you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.” The writer of Hebrews once again butchers the meaning of the Psalm they are quoting claiming Jesus laid the foundation of the earth and the heavens are his works, when in fact it’s God who accomplished this. Verse 11-12 is more of the same giving Jesus the credit for what God actually did.

Onto verse 13 “But to which of the angels has He ever said, “Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies A footstool for Your feet”? A quote from Psa 110:1 “The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.” This has to be one of the most corrupt passages to push the christian agenda. While the KJV will state David wrote this Psalm, the Hebrew translated actually says “To/Of David a Psalm” or “Regarding David, a Psalm.” In other words the Psalm was written to David and NOT a Psalm written by him. All you need to do is copy/pasted the Hebrew into a translator. This isn’t a simple mistake of translation, this is corruption/deception of the text. With the real translation of Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:41-46 makes absolute zero sense; do you believe the pharisees who read, wrote, and spoke Hebrew and studied the Tanakh where really baffled by Jesus’ question to the point they didn’t ask anymore question? This story is laughable, but digress.

The above came from the first chapter of the book of Hebrews and there are 12 more to go. If the first one is this corrupt, the rest will be just as bad.

For giggles, how about one more passage where the author didn’t like the original text and just changed it. Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he said, “Behold, the days come”, says the Lord, “that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; for they didn’t continue in my covenant, and I disregarded them,” says the Lord.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, says Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh.

Are you telling me the last part matches and have the same meaning!?!? The unknown author of Hebrews says God “disregarded” HIS chosen people; God no longer cared for them because they broke his covenant? Fortunately when reading what God actually said one receives the truth; God was like a husband to them. What does a loving husband do to a spouse who hurts him? According to Hebrews throws her out.

For you these passages sited are aligned!?!? I see corruption; I see misuse; I see lies! But you have the freewill to believe as you wish.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

You: What you are saying is simply not true, to the point it make me think you haven’t read much at all about the bible.

Me: Is this like me telling you to read the prophets and you becoming offended?

You: Does not God destroy the wicked throughout the OT? Does he not punish and kill unbelievers, those who don’t put their trust and faith in God? Where have you been?

Me: We are NOT speaking of the judgments God has or does to mankind; we’re speaking of what the messiah of the OT and NT are to accomplish when they arrive AND are they the same.

You quote Deut 18:18-19, why did you stop at 19? Let’s continue through to the end “20 However, the prophet that behaves presumptuously by speaking a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, and who speaks in the name of other gods, then that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say to yourself, ‘How can we know the word that Yahweh has not spoken to him?’ 22 Whenever what the prophet spoke in the name of Yahweh, the thing does not take place and does not come about, that is the thing that Yahweh has not spoken to him. Presumptuously the prophet spoke it; you shall not fear that prophet.” What is God really saying, is HE saying a single man will be raised up (a “messiah”) or is God saying there will be prophets in the coming generations to lead and guide the nation of Israel just as Moses has? Then it goes on to say you will know if this “prophet” is from God or not; why would this be here if it was a reference to Jesus? Jesus being the perfected man and why would Jesus speak anything God hasn’t commanded. This isn’t a reference to Jesus at all, but to future prophets and God telling them how you can discern if the prophet is from HIM or not (we read God is testing Israel with false prophets in Deut 13:1-5; didn’t Jesus say to follow him). Verse 16 tells you why God said he would raise up a prophet after Moses and said the people spoke correctly, because the people feared the voice of God. And you have the gall to say I misunderstand or haven’t read much of the bible…

Next you quote Deut 28, what does this have to do with a messiah? This chapter is a warning to the nation, either follow God’s commands or you will be judged.

In Isa 11:1-10 I read nothing about a “second coming”; I read of the characteristics and the type of peace that will encompass the earth when the Messiah comes. We know of this happen when Jesus was here in the first century; so now let’s take this passage and justify it as being when Jesus returns again…how convenient. I’m going to help you, there is nothing in the Tanakh that says the messiah is to show up twice. Since you say to “try you” to answer a question, is the messiah of the OT the same as the messiah of the NT?

Let’s take a look at Zech 8, keeping in mind “In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.” The Jews that hold to Judaism will all be dead because they didn’t accept the Jesus, so the only ones left are the “Messianic Jews”, which believe the same as today’s “christians”, other than incorporating Jewish customs in their “worship.” Please explain what will be taught that will be new, both sects believe the same.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: You say no one can answer and I say try me!

ME: I DID TRY YOU AND TWICE POSTED THE SAME THREE POSTS, ALL OF THEM IN THIS PAGE ABOVE   REGARDING

THE FULL POWER OF THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE,

GIVEN TO JESUS ONLY AFTER HE LEFT THE WILDERNESS! 

You: but the word itself interpreted correctly does not.

THAT’S IT Jodi!!!

FIND THE WORD ITSELF, INTERPRET IT CORRECTLY, CONTRADICT  THE SCRIPTURES IN MY POSTS, AND SHOW US WHERE JESUS WAS IN FULL POWER OF THE SPIRIT INCESSANTLY, FROM THE MOMENT HE WAS BAPTIZED  IN THE RIVER JORDAN, TILL HE DIED ON THE CROSS AS A HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN IN THAT PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME:

WITHOUT THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT! 

YOU: The OT and the NT align and the NT does not contradict with the OT, your just misinterpreting, I’d say. Mainstream Christian doctrine for certain creates contradiction with their false interpretations of the NT,

but the word itself interpreted correctly does not.

Scripture:

Luke 5:36 And he spoke also a similitude to them: That no man putteth a piece from a new garment upon an old garment; otherwise he both rendeth the new,

and the piece taken from the new agreeth not with the old.

37And no man putteth new wine into old bottle: otherwise the new wine will break the bottles, and it will be spilled, and the bottles will be lost. 38But new wine must be put into new bottles;

and both are preserved.

39And no man drinking old, hath presently a mind to new:

for he saith, The old is better.

THE ABOVE IS ONLY A GLIMPSE.

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning All,

Deut 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put MY WORDS in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

The book of John lays it out clearly!

John 14: 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 1: 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh THE WORDS of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

John 6:63  It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

John 1: 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 12:41 These things said Isaiah, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. 42 Nevertheless  among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: 43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. 44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting, whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

WHAT IS THE GLORY ISAIAH SAW IN HIM?

The Father is in Jesus of Nazareth

The Father’s Spirit came to abode in Jesus 

Jesus speaks the words of the Father for the Father is in him.

He whom God has sent speaks the word of God for God gave His Spirit unto him without measure. 

The words that Jesus speaks, they are Spirit and they are life.

Jesus speaks what the Father commands, his commandment is life everlasting. 

Isaiah saw God IN Jesus, He saw God’s Spirit aboding in him.

Ephesians 5:9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness righteousness and TRUTH

John 14: 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

YOU HAVE TO BE UTTERLY BLIND not see EXACTLY what verse 14 speaks of.

The WORD IS THE FATHER, HIS SPIRIT BEGOTTEN IN Jesus bearing the fruit of all goodness, righteousness and TRUTH.

Biblical facts,

God promised eternal life before the world began.

The Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The Spirit came to abode in Jesus where he spoke the truth of God’s coming kingdom. He declared that a man must be born again born of the Spirit to enter God’s kingdom.  He declared that we would drink of the cup of the one Spirit that he drinks of but it is up to God to determine who sits on his right or his left in God’s kingdom.

The Spirit came to abode in Jesus, where he spoke of his own death and resurrection and gave promise to our own resurrection. Believing upon the word Jesus spoke, which concerned himself and God’s Spirit being in him we are promised eternal life.

God had promised unto a son of man, the son of David that He would become a Father to him, that he would settle him into His kingdom and give him an eternal throne. We see Jesus having been begotten of God’s Spirit, die, be raised from the dead and enter into God’s kingdom.

THE WORD IS THE FATHER, it is HIS SPIRIT to the cause of righteousness which brings forth eternal life.

THE WORD became FLESH, the Father came to abode in Jesus and it brought forth righteousness to eternal life. When Jesus was raised from the dead he RECEIVED THE PROMISED SPIRIT and WAS EXALTED TO GOD’S RIGHT HAND.

When Jesus received the Spirit and was sent out that was the beginning of the Word. The word was with God in Jesus (God’s Spirit in him) and was God.

This was exactly God’s promise from the beginning, and why all things God created He did so by reason of and for the anointed Jesus, for the son of Man he promised to become a Father to and make him an eternal king.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us.

Clear to see!

Jesus had the Spirit come to abode in him, the Spirit that brings forth righteousness to eternal life, God was in him. From that beginning he spoke the words of eternal life, which is God’s Spirit coming to dwell in you, being born of the Spirit being born of God unto righteousness to enter His eternal kingdom. Jesus was resurrected and the WORD was made true in him. He received the promised Spirit, God living in him forevermore.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Hi desiretruth,

YHWH without his Son Jesus Christ doesn’t work.
    You need them both.
    John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 25,321 through 25,340 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account