JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,241 through 25,260 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

AMEN to your last post, Jodi.

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Hi Carmel,

As I said before, pay attention to the context.

ME: WHAT CONTEXT?

Read again the scripture:

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT into Galilee:

and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

READING THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE, FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME,

IT CLEARLY SAYS THE MOST VITAL BEFORE JESUS COMMENCED HIS PUBLIC LIFE FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, AND THAT IS, THAT JESUS

IS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT.

NEVER  HEARD OF BEFORE AT ALL!

WHAT IS THE REASON THAT THE SCRIPTURE TELLS US THAT JESUS IS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, PRECISELY BEFORE HE RETURNED INTO GALILEE, AND CONSEQUENTLY THERE WENT A FAME OF HIM AND SO ON?

ISN’T CLEAR AND LOGICAL ENOUGH THAT JESUS WAS NOT IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT SINCE SCRIPTURE SAID THAT HE IS SO? WHAT’S THE USE OF TELLING US SO IF NOT TO MAKE US AWARE THAT JESUS WAS NOT SO BEFORE?

THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WAS ONLY FOR JESUS’ DISPOSITION TO MANIFEST AND FULFILL THE FATHER’S WORK, AND THE MOST VITAL ALSO IN THE MIDST OF HUMANS IN THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME SATANIC AND SPIRITUALLY DEAD. ON THE OTHER HAND, JESUS WOULD AND COULD NOT MANIFEST THE FATHER’S WORK AT ALL IN THE WILDERNESS IN THE MIDST OF SCORPIONS AND ALL SORTS OF BEASTS. THE FACT THAT JESUS,

NOT THE SON OF GOD JESUS’ DIVINE NATURE Jodi, BUT, 

THE SON OF MAN, WAS NOT IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, JESUS HUMAN NATURE, AND ALSO IN ALL THINGS LIKE HI BRETHREN!

THE SON OF GOD COULD NEVER GET HUNGRY PHYSICALLY!

GOT IT! NO, YOU DIDN’T I’M AFRAID!

NOW JUST READ FROM VERSE 2 OF THIS CHAPTER PLEASE:

Luke 4:2For the space of forty days; and was tempted by the devil. And he ate nothing in those days;

and when they were ended,

he was hungry.

THE ABOVE IS ANOTHER PIECE OF LOGIC UNLESS ONE REFLECTS.

WAS THERE ANY NEED FOR THE SCRIPTURE TO TELL US THAT JESUS PHYSICALLY AFTER THE FORTY DAYS WERE ENDED, WAS HUNGRY?

ISN’T IT PURE LOGIC?

SCRIPTURE IS NOT WRITTEN TO TELL US LOGICAL THINGS AT ALL, BUT TO REVEAL HIDDEN THINGS OF GOD, AND ONLY TO THOSE WHO ARE SUBJECT PRECISELY TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, NOT TO WORLDLY CORRUPTED WISDOM!

JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, “THE WORD” MADE FLESH, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE, A HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, 

FOR SURE HE WAS HUNGRY EVEN AFTER 24 HOURS OF FASTING, NEVER MIND FORTY DAYS, PLUS THAT HE WAS MORE THAN PLEASED TO FAST, AS HE DID IT FOR THE WILL  AND GLORY OF THE FATHER, AS PROOF THAT

FLESH COUNTS FOR NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO GOD’S WORK, IT IS HIS SPIRIT THAT GIVES LIFE/EXISTENCE TO ALL OF HIS WORK!!

THUS, JESUS WAS MORE INTERESTED IN ACCOMPLISHING THE FATHER’S SPIRITUAL WILL AND WORK AT THAT PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME OF SATAN’S TEMPTATION, ATTENTION PLEASE

HIDDEN WITHIN JESUS’ MIND READY TO BE REVEALED TO SATAN BY JESUS’ ANSWER, AND NOT WITHIN SATAN’S MINDSET AT ALL, SPIRITUALLY BLIND, AND FURTHER BLINDED BY GOD FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE TRUTH AND JUSTICE!

NOW SINCE YOU AND IN THIS CASE ALSO Gene, ARE SIMPLY SPIRITUALLY BLIND AS WELL, WITH EVERY RESPECT:

JESUS FASTED ALSO SPIRITUALLY, TO BE CLEAR:

JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE,

AS MUCH AS HE FASTED WITHOUT FOOD AND BECAME HUNGRY,

HE AS THE SON OF GOD JESUS’ DIVINE NATURE ALSO FASTED WITHOUT

THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT AND BECAME HUNGRY,

WHEN THE FORTY DAYS WERE ENDED, JESUS THE SON OF GOD WAS NOT JUST

HUNGRY BUT STARVING!

YES Jodi, STARVING FOR JUSTICE, TRUTH AND TO ACCOMPLISH THE FATHER’S WORK!

NOT WHILE BEING IN THE DESERT WITHOUT THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT FOR SURE,

OK, Jodi and Gene!

NOW, SATAN TESTED JESUS, NOT TO PROVOKE HIM TO MAKE USE OF  THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT AND

TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD AS SUCH.

NO NOT AT ALL! SATAN’S INSINUATION WAS BOTH SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL, AS HE WAS AWARE THAT JESUS, THE CHRIST, WAS BOTH DIVINE AND HUMAN. BOTH SON OF GOD AND SON OF MAN! SATAN WITH HIS TEMPTATION MEANT AND REFERRED TO OTHER THINGS MORE DIVINE, MORE RELATED TO JESUS’ TASK AS THE MESSIAH, THE CHRIST, AND HIS REDEMPTION, OF WHICH SATAN WAS STILL MORE THAN SCEPTIC, TO THE EXTENT

THAT HE EVEN PULLED JESUS’ LEG.

READ AGAIN WHAT SATAN ASKED JESUS TO PERFORM AND PONDER!

If thou be the Son of God, say to this stone that it be made bread.

NOW  I WILL EVENTUALLY EXPAND ON THE ABOVE STATEMENT FROM SATAN BUT NOT JUST NOW, AT LEAST NOT BEFORE YOU ALSO READ JESUS’ SCRIPTURAL STATEMENT AND PONDER  ON IT AS WELL, SIMPLY AS JESUS WAS ALSO  MORE MYSTERIOUS BY HIS WORDS TO SATAN!

THE ONLY INTEREST IN JESUS,  PRECISELY TO SEND A CLEAR MESSAGE FROM THE FATHER, FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME

FACE TO FACE WITH GOD, Well hinted out by Jesus in verse

12 And Jesus answering, said to him: It is said:

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Asserted also in

John 14:7 If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also:

and from henceforth you shall know him,

and you have seen him.

8Philip saith to him: Lord, shew us the Father, and it is enough for us. 9Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip,

he that seeth me seeth the Father also.

How sayest thou, Shew us the Father? 

HIDDEN IN JESUS!

A MESSAGE THAT LUCIFER/SATAN NEVER BELIEVED IN, THAT HE, SATAN WAS SUBJECT TO GOD, IN THIS CASE,

SUBJECT TO JESUS; GODMAN ON SATAN’S PLANET! HERE IT COMES!

WHETHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT’S YOUR PIGEON! WITH EVERY RESPECT: SUBJECT TO

“THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD MADE FLESH!

Read, enjoy, and ponder!!!

4 And Jesus answered him: It is written, that MAN liveth not by BREAD alone,

but by every WORD of God.

THAT’S ENOUGH OF THAT FOR NOW.

Nevertheless, Something to CHEW:

I am the BREAD OF LIFE. 49Your fathers did eat manna in the desert, and are dead. 50This is the BREAD which cometh down from heaven; that if any MAN eat of it, he may NOT DIE. 51I am the LIVING BREAD which came down from heaven. If any MAN eat of this BREAD, he shall live forever; and the BREAD that I will give, is my FLESH, for the LIFE of the world.

Now let’s read Matthew 4 verse

11: Then the devil left him;

and behold angels came and

MINISTERED TO HIM.

Hold on Jodi,

DIDN’T THE DEVIL LEAVE JESUS, AND THE TEMPTATIONS ENDED?

WHERE ABOUT IS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT THEN?

Jodi, you produce scripture which only contradicts you:

Luke 5:17….. the power of the Lord was present to heal them.

ANSWER Jodi, READING THE ABOVE, WAS NOT THE POWER OF THE LORD

ALWAYS PRESENT???

YES OR NO Please.

More to come!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……I agree with Danny, “Amen to your post”.

John said, “hereby” (this is how we know ) the Spirit or,  (mind of truth) from the Spirit of or,  (mind of error), by the Spirit (mind of truth) which he (God) has given us’.

peace and love to you and your Jodi……..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Acts 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the HOLY SPIRIT

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and POWER, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Enough said…

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

I thought you had acknowledged that having the power of the Spirit goes without saying when one has been filled with the Spirit?

Zechariah had been filled with the Spirit to then give prophecy, where it is simply understood and thus goes without saying, he thus had received the power of the Spirit to be able to give the prophecy. It certainly was not of his own power to give the prophecy now was it?

Why do you continue to ignore that Jesus left the river Jordan having been filled with the Spirit? Actually, it seems more like you are not ignoring it, you just are treating it as if it holds absolutely no significance what so ever, which is truly egregious on your part. 

Tell me Carmel what does this signify to you?

Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan”

YOU: THE SON OF GOD COULD NEVER GET HUNGRY PHYSICALLY!

ME: Okay now is when I am ready to very much consider not conversing with you at all again, as you are totally deluded and are a complete waste of time.

prior to Luke 4:14 we read, 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

God declared Jesus to be His Son and he left the river Jordan being filled with the Holy Spirit and then was LED BY THE SPIRIT into the wilderness.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Carmel, prophecy was that a Son of Man, a son of David, God would make him into His own Son. Paul gives us the clear definition as to the image of a Son of God, they are not carnally minded they are after the Spirit and do not mind the flesh but the Spirit, and the Spirit  bears witness to their Spirit that they are a child of God and that they are being led by the Spirit of God.

For you to say that Jesus was not God’s Son in the wilderness is an out right lie against the scriptures. You have four gospels that tell you that God Himself declared the man Jesus to be His Son at the moment that His Spirit came to abode in him. 

MOREOVER,

The beginning of Luke 4 and Jesus’s response shortly after to the temptation he faced in the wilderness directly identifies Jesus as God’s Son according to the very image that Paul gives us in Romans 8 of the Son.

He was filled with the Holy Spirit and LED by that Spirit into the wilderness, those that are LED by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God.

He did not mind after the flesh, he was not carnally minded he was Spiritually minded where thus the Spirit bore witness to his spirit that he was a child of God, a Son. 

As said before, prophecy is that the Spirit of the YHVH comes to abode in a Son of Man where he is anointed and sent out to speak YHVH’s words and do YHVH’s works, all things by the power of God’s Spirit. There is no scripture about the coming and going of God’s Spirit upon him, nor of an anointing and unanointing. God came do dwell in him at the river Jordan without measure and He never left him.

Jesus left the wilderness where it is there that he began to manifest (make known) the various powers of the Spirit of God that he had been anointed with at the river Jordan.

Carmel,

devil/diabolos- false accuser, slanderer, deceiver

satan/saw-tawn- adversary

Paul teaches that it is the carnal mind that is at enmity against God, that it is not subject to the law nor indeed can be and that to be carnally minded is death. 

and also, 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Matthew 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter is called Satan– saw-tawn an adversary because he is being carnally minded, he has in mind the things of men.

1 John 1:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

The children of the devil are children of the carnal mind where to be carnally minded is death, it’s that which has the power of death. Our weak mortal flesh arouses our carnal mind to serve our flesh above God.

The Carnal Mind is a deceiver a slander against God telling us we must serve our flesh above God in order to live but as Jesus said when he was tempted in the wilderness by this devil, the carnal mind, that man must live not on bread alone but by every word that proceeds from God’s mouth.

Carmel, it’s just absolute foolishness, pure idiotic mythology to tell me that Jesus was being tempted by some wicked fallen angel in the wilderness.  He went forty days without food and WHEN HE HUNGERED that is when the old serpent, saw-tawn, diablos visited him, it was his own carnal mind that was tempting him telling him to use the powers he had just been bestowed with to serve his flesh. His weak mortal body that hungered aroused his carnal mind to consider turning stones into bread to serve his hunger. This is common sense and likewise directly backed by scripture throughout the OT and NT.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

You to Carmel

Why do you continue to ignore that Jesus left the river Jordan having been filled with the Spirit?

Me

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting 👉upon him:
    [17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, 👉This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

I just want to say for now that the text does not say that Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit the moment he came out of the water.

I am wrong ?

🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

The text of Luke 3 and 4 tell us that at the river Jordan Jesus was baptized and was praying and then the heavens opened up where the Holy Spirit descended in bodily shape like a dove upon him AND that he left the river Jordan “full of the Holy Spirit”.

The Holy Spirit descended upon him at the river Jordan and he left the river Jordan full of the Holy Spirit. I believe this word to be true.

Such is Isaiah’s prophecy fulfilled, the word of God made true in the flesh of Jesus.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him,

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Furthermore,

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

So from direct text, we know that Jesus not only had YHVH’s Spirit come upon him being full of the Spirit at the river Jordan, but he was filled with that Spirit not by measure. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You: I just want to say for now that the text does not say that Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit the moment he came out of the water.

I am wrong ?

Me: YOU ARE PERFECTLY

RIGHT!

THE SPIRIT WAS FULL IN JESUS FROM HIS CONCEPTION AS

A HUMAN BEING ON EARTH!

AT THE RIVER JORDAN JESUS WAS ONLY REVEALED OFFICIALLY WHO HE WAS FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME, AND THE SPIRIT ASCENDED ONLY AS A SIGN IN ISRAEL

FOR THE JEWS!

1John 27 The same is he that shall come after me, who is preferred before me:

the latchet of whose shoe I am not worthy to loose. 

READING THE ABOVE, WE KNOW THAT JOHN THE BAPTIST, IS LOWER THAN JESUS, NEVERTHELESS,

READ  Luke 1:15 For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.

THUS, JESUS  A HUMAN BEING NOT OF THIS WORLD, BORN OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH THE POWER OF THE HIGHEST, WAS FULL OF THE HOLY GHOST FROM HIS CONCEPTION AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

ALSO, JESUS PRE-EXISTED AS THE SON OF MAN, THE UNIQUE CARRIER OF GOD AS “THE BEGINNING”, Colossians 1:18, John 8:25, John17:5  THE VERY FIRST ACT BY GOD BEFORE THE WORLD of Genesis 1:1 WAS, BEFORE CREATION STARTED.

WELL HINTED OUT HEREUNDER

John 6:62 If then you shall see THE SON OF MAN ascend up where he was

BEFORE?

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, and hear this: I have not spoken in secret

from the beginning:

from the time before it was done,

I was there,

and now the Lord God hath sent ME, and HIS SPIRIT.

Isaiah 42:11BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him: my elect,

my soul delighteth in him: I HAVE GIVEN my spirit upon him,

he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 61:1 THE spirit of the Lord IS UPON ME, 

because the Lord HAS ANOINTED ME:

HE HAS sent me to preach to the meek, to heal the contrite of heart, and to preach a release to the captives, and deliverance to them that are shut up.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean and Carmel……….if Jesus was born filled with the Holy Spirit in him at birth, then why is there not a single miracle recorded in our scriptures by him doing “UNTIL AFTER” he was baptized and sent into the wilderness?  If he was as you people say, “born filled with it”,  then why no miracles recorded being done through him, before he received the Holy Spirit at the Jordan river?

If one exists, please enlighten us to it. Scripture tells us that the first miracle was turning the water into wine at the wedding feast, but that took place “AFTER”  he came back from the wilderness,

Berean you and Carmel spend most all your time here “muddying the waters of truth”  IMO. 

peace and love to you and yours ………..gene

Jodi
    Participant

To All,

Carmel: AT THE RIVER JORDAN JESUS WAS ONLY REVEALED OFFICIALLY WHO HE WAS FOR THE FIRST EVER TIME, AND THE SPIRIT ASCENDED ONLY AS A SIGN IN ISRAEL

ME: What he has said above is a complete falsehood that goes against direct text, it is against the very clear word of God.

At the river Jordan the Spirit descended and CAME TO ABODE UPON Jesus

ABODE UPON- TO DWELL/LIVE IN

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 61 IS ALSO A PROPHECY :1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove UPON HIM, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, AND IT ABODE UPON HIM. 33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and REMAINING ON HIM

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord IS UPON ME, BECAUSE he hath ANOINTED ME TO PREACH the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight  o the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God GIVETH not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Recall that Carmel said, “THE SPIRIT ASCENDED ONLY AS A SIGN IN ISRAEL”, but the scriptures say otherwise,

Jesus OF NAZARETH was GIVEN the Holy Spirit without measure at the river Jordan, it came to ABODE/LIVE IN him and REMAIN in him. He was anointed with the Holy Spirit and WITH POWER for the purpose that he be sent out to preach God’s words and do God’s works. 

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Having the Spirit does not automatically mean performing miracles.
    And furthermore, there is a season for everything, and for Jesus this was evident after his baptism for his public ministry.

But God’s purpose through Jesus was/is to be the one who takes away the sin of the world by preaching the good news of the kingdom of God.

Luke 4:18
    The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach 👉the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to 👉heal the brokenhearted, 👉to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering 👉of sight to the blind, to 👉set at liberty them that are bruised,
    [19] To 👉preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Berean
    Participant

Isa.53
    [1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
    [2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
    [3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
    [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? 👉for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.👈
    [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
    [10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: 👉when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, 👈he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
    [12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and 👉he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.👈

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Carmel, it’s just absolute foolishness, pure idiotic mythology to tell me that Jesus was being tempted by some wicked fallen angel in the wilderness.

Me: I was very surprised and disappointed to read this comment.
    The Bible clearly teaches that Satan is a real person.
    Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

I could give you more Bible verses but this one is sufficient.

God bless

T3
    Participant

Rather than post a long reply here, I’ve attempted to answer this question here: https://socraticchristianity.com/books/testing-the-trinity/the-word-of-god/. (In the spirit of full disclosure, I find the doctrine of the Trinity to be…lacking, in both substance and logic.).

T3
    Participant

Check out this link for a different perspective than the “standard response.”. https://socraticchristianity.com/books/testing-the-trinity/the-word-of-god/

carmel
    Participant

Hi DD,

You: Hi Carmel,

Acts 6:5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the HOLY SPIRIT…

Acts 6:8 And Stephen, full of faith and POWER, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Enough said…

God bless

Acts 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of good reputation full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. 5And the saying pleased the whole multitude:

and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost,

and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: 6Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

8 And Stephen, FULL OF FAITH AND POWER, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Me: In verse 6.3 it is mentioned that seven men of good reputation full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom were to be selected.

In verse 6:5 SCRIPTURE SAYS THAT OUT OF THE SEVEN SELECTED, ONLY STEPHEN IS A MAN FULL OF FAITH AND THE HOLY GHOST.

IN VERSE 6.8 SCRIPTURE AGAIN SAYS THAT OUT OF THE SEVEN SELECTED ONLY STEPHEN IS FULL OF FAITH AND POWER and did great wonders and miracles among the people.

WHY IT WAS ESSENTIAL FOR THE SCRIPTURE IN VERSE 6.8   TO MAKE US AWARE AGAIN THAT ONLY STEPHEN NOT ONLY FULL OF THE SPIRIT BUT ALSO  OF POWER and did great wonders and miracles among the people?

OBVIOUS! JUST READING ONLY VERSE 6.5 IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED, THAT STEPHEN SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, WAS ALSO IN POWER TO PERFORM GREAT WONDERS AND MIRACLES. THE FACT THAT SCRIPTURE NEVER MENTIONED THAT THE SAME PROCESS OF THE SPIRIT OCCURRED ALSO TO THE OTHER SIX  SELECTED.  

NOW READ AGAIN PLEASE WHAT I SAID IN MY POST TO YOU.

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 1:67 And Zachary his father was filled with the Holy Ghost; and he prophesied, saying:

Well, there you go. It couldn’t be any clearer.

THE ABOVE INDIVIDUALS ARE ONLY FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, BUT DEFINITELY NOT IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT

TO PERFORM MIRACLES.

NOW, THEY WERE UNDER A SORT OF POWER OF THE SPIRIT FOR SURE, BUT MOST CERTAIN, FIRST NOT IN THE UNIQUE POWER WITHOUT MEASURE, AND SECOND THE MOST CRUCIAL, THE POWER WAS NOT MEANT TO REMAIN INCESSANTLY IN THE INDIVIDUALS FOR NOTHING, ESPECIALLY BEFORE JESUS’ REDEMPTION AND GLORIFICATION.

THUS, NEITHER THE POWER REMAINED CONTINUOUSLY IN JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, “THE WORD” MADE FLESH, IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, ATTENTION PLEASE: DURING HIS PUBLIC LIFE, BEFORE HIS DEATH, AND GLORIFICATION!

JESUS HAD TWO NATURES, DIVINE AND HUMAN, SON OF GOD AND SON OF MAN. JESUS THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE AS WEAK AS HUMANS SUBJECT TO DEATH, DURING HIS PUBLIC LIFE COULD NOT POSSESS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT CONTINUOUSLY IN HIM AS HIS OWN.

ONCE JESUS, FOR THE SAKE OF THE FATHER AND CREATION, EMPTIED HIMSELF OF HIS DIVINE ATTRIBUTES AND BECAME AS WEAK AS HUMANS HIS BODY COULD NOT WITHSTAND THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER INCESSANTLY IN HIM!

THE POWER IS OF THE FATHER, WHO INDWELLED THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL, IN JESUS’SOUL, THE SON OF GOD, JESUS’DIVINE NATURE! Isaiah 42:1

NOW, BETWEEN JESUS’ FLESH BODY AND THE SPIRIT THERE IS PRECISELY THE HOLY GHOST IN JESUS’ SOUL, THE SON OF GOD, JESUS’ DIVINE NATURE,

THE CARRIER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND HIS POWER.

THE FREE WILL OF THE HUMAN JESUS.

NOW, THE SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, OF HIS FREE WILL!

THUS, JESUS THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE, MUST REJECT ENTIRELY HIS HUMAN FREE WILL AND GIVE ROOM ONLY TO THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER TO DO HIS WILL, THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST ABIDING IN

JESUS’SOUL.

I REPEAT: THE FREE WILL OF THE HUMAN JESUS!

NOW ASK YOURSELF PLEASE, IF JESUS THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE, IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, HENCE,

WITH FREE WILL,

TO BE CLEAR LIKE YOU, ME, AND EVERYBODY ELSE ON THIS PLANET,

COULD HE BE BOTH IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT TO DO ONLY THE FATHER’S WILL NO MATTER WHAT, AND AT THE SAME TIME ALSO

HAD THE OPTION TO DO HIS FREE WILL AND REJECT THE FATHER’S WILL.

NOT ONLY THAT BUT EVEN SENT BY THE SPIRIT HIMSELF FOR FORTY DAYS TO LIVE IN THE WILDERNESS WITHOUT FOOD AND AT THE VERY END, GET HUNGRY TO BE TESTED BY THE DEVIL!

IT’S PURE NONSENSE!!

JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, JESUS HUMAN NATURE, IN ALL THINGS  LIKE HIS BRETHREN, UNDER THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WOULD NEVER BE LIKE HIS BRETHREN AND BECOME HUNGRY AT ALL, NEVER MIND BE TEMPTED TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD.

THE TEST THAT JESUS HAD IN THE WILDERNESS WAS TO PROVE THAT HE HAD FREE WILL LIKE HIS BRETHREN,

AND HE HIMSELF OPTED TO DO THE FATHER’S WILL BEFORE CREATION STARTED EVEN SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev.13:8

DIE FOR OUR SAKE, AND REDEEM THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE, AT THAT PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME SATAN’S PROPERTY THROUGH THE SIN IN THE GARDEN!

THE FACT THAT SATAN ASKED JESUS PRECISELY IN THE VERY FIRST TEMPTATION,

TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD!

CONVINCED THAT JESUS, AS A HUMAN, WAS NEITHER THE SON OF GOD NOR IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, ATTENTION PLEASE:

WHICH IS A DIRECT REFERENCE TO JESUS’ SPIRITUAL TASK AS THE REDEEMER OF THE HUMAN RACE, SPIRITUALLY DEAD IN THEIR SOULS WITH SATAN’S PRESENCE ABIDING IN THEM FROM ADAM’S SIN!

JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, TO BE CLEAR, NOT THE SON OF GOD, HAD TO BE FREE LIKE HIS BRETHREN, WITHOUT THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT TO BE IN THE POSITION TO OPT, THE FACT THAT JESUS HAD TO BE TESTED PRECISELY BEFORE

HE COMMENCES HIS FATHER’S WORK AND DOES ONLY THE FATHER’S WILL AT ALL COSTS!

Proclaimer
    Participant

@srs0467aol-com

Without reading your website, please answer this question.

Do you believe God is a triune being?

Yes / No / Don’t know.

T3
    Participant

@Proclaimer: I do not.  I have tried for almost 30 years to find clear evidence of “three persons in the Godhead” from Scripture, and it simply isn’t there.  Not a single verse proclaims this “essential truth”.  It is a framework extrapolated from Scripture, constructed over 300+years of debate and speculation on the nature of Christ, and was ultimately settled by two Roman emperors deciding that the debate needed to end.  It is an extra-Biblical doctrine that I believe Paul would conclude is a “hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than Christ”.  This doesn’t mean that it is therefore worthless, by definition, but it certainly calls into question how something that isn’t stated plainly in Scripture can possibly be viewed as the ultimate arbiter of Christian orthodoxy.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@jodi

Hi Jodi,

You: Carmel, it’s just absolute foolishness, pure idiotic mythology to tell me that Jesus was being tempted by some wicked fallen angel in the wilderness.

Me: I was very surprised and disappointed to read this comment.
    Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

I could give you more Bible verses but this one is sufficient.

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Danny,

I know I opened up a can of worms giving my understanding from scripture as to who the diabolos/saw-tawn tempting Jesus was and I thank you for responding specifically about the “Satan” we read of in the book of Job, to further the discussion.

You:

ME: After quit a bit of study I do not see that scripture supports the idea that there is ONE person/being called Satan.

In Hebrew Satan -saw-tawn – adversary

In Greek Satan -satanas – adversary

In the OT God’s angels are called saw-tawn and David’s human enemies are called saw-tawn.

First time the word saw-tawn appears is in Numbers,

Numbers 22:22 And God’s anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

An angel of the LORD was a SAW-TAWN/adversary against him. God’s faithful angels could literally be called SAW-TAWN. 

Think about that for a minute Danny. God said that He would bring forth blessing and warned that He would also bring forth CURSING and we know that it is His angels who deliver such commands from God. An angel delivering a curse unto a person or people would be called a SAW-TAWN.

The word Satan should not even exist in the English translations, it’s only because of doctrine that we see the word Satan. Young Literal’s translation is correct, rendering the English word adversary each time in the OT and NT. 

There is an adversary in the book of Job, he’s an adversary unto Job bringing forth cursing. What we know of this adversary unto Job is that he presents himself before the LORD and that he obeys every command of the LORD. We also know that he was correct about the heart of Job and from the cursing Job in the end repents and then is blessed by God. ALSO, Job and the writer of the book of Job declare the cursing had COME FROM GOD.  

Job 1:7 The LORD said to adversary, “Where have you come from?” adversary answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

Zecharia 1:9 Then said I, O my lord, what are these? And the angel that talked with me said unto me, I will shew thee what these be. 10 And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These are they whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth. 11 And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

2 Samuel 24:16 When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the LORD relented concerning the disaster and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, “Enough! Withdraw your hand.” The angel of the LORD was then at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.

2 Chronicles 32: And the Lord sent an angel who destroyed every mighty warrior, commander and officer in the camp of the king of Assyria. So he returned in shame to his own land. And when he had entered the temple of his god, some of his own children killed him there with the sword.

Proverbs 5:21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.

Proverbs 16:2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

The LORD pondereth the hearts of man and He has messengers that roam to and fro on the earth watching man. The LORD will send forth His Angels who are indeed at times SAW-TAWN against man, bringing forth cursing/destruction. I do not see any evidence in the book of Job that shows that the adversary mentioned is some wicked being or an enemy to God who God has cast out. On the contrary, this individual presents himself before God among the Sons of God and he obeys all of God’s commands. The fact that Job and the writer of Job attributes Job’s cursing as coming from the very hand of God likewise shows that the adversary IS OF God and only an adversary unto Job.

I have much more to speak of and scriptures to give regarding this topic and will post again soon. I look forward to discussing this more with you.

Viewing 20 posts - 25,241 through 25,260 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account