JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,221 through 25,240 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Hi DD,

You: Hi Carmel,

Satan had to have recognized Jesus as the Son of God because Satan’s demons did,

and no demon is greater than his Master.

Me: The servant is not greater than his lord; 

You Believe what you want But JESUS PREVENTED AND BLINDED SATAN FROM

RECOGNIZING HIM WHOM HE WAS!

JESUS FROM THE AGE OF THIRTEEN COMMENCED HIS FATHER’S BUSINESS, AND FOR EIGHTEEN YEARS, BATTLED THE HARSHEST SPIRITUAL WARFARE AGAINST SATAN AND HIS ENTIRE FORCE. IN THE END, ONLY SATAN REMAINED  ON HIS OWN DETERMINED TO MAKE JESUS FALL, ON THE OTHER HAND, JESUS BACKED BY  THE FATHER, BLINDED HIM EVEN MORE AS PROOF  THAT HE WAS SUPERIOR TO HIM, TO THE EXTENT THAT SATAN WOULD BE REMOVED BY FORCE ON JESUS’ BAPTISM BY JOHN/MICHAEL. JESUS HAD TO START HIS MISSION BUT NOT BEFORE HE REMOVED AND LOCKED SATAN FIRST.

Luke11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his court, those things are in peace which he possesseth. 22 But if a stronger than he come upon him, and overcome him; he will take away all his armour wherein he trusted, and will distribute his spoils.

THE FACT THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT LED JESUS INTO THE DESERT TO BE TEMPTED BY SATAN.

IF SATAN KNEW HE WOULDN’T HAVE KILLED JESUS.

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew;

for if they had known it,

they would never have crucified the Lord of glory. 

JESUS HAD TO ERADICATE DEATH THROUGH HIS DEATH.

JESUS SAID:

I THIRST!!!

THUS:

SATAN ENTERED JESUS’ HUMAN SOUL AGAINST HIS WILL, BY THE VINEGAR!!

BY HIS AUTONOMY! THAT HE WAS THE SPIRIT IN THE PROCESS OF THE WORLD, HENCE PRECISELY IN THE VINEGAR!

Mark 11:12….May no man hereafter eat fruit of thee anymore forever…..

ONLY AFTER GUDAH KISSED JESUS HE BECOME AWARE OF THE TRUTH!

THE FACT THAT SATAN ALSO BLINDED GUDAH AND AFTER GUDAH KISSED JESUS, SATAN WAS REMOVED FROM GUDAH BY JESUS, WHILE GUDAH ALSO BECAME AWARE OF WHAT HE DID AND TRIED TO STOP THEM FROM KILLING JESUS!

Read hereunder please and reflect.

Mark 14:51 And a certain young man followed him, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and they laid hold on him. 52 But he, casting off the linen cloth, fled from them naked.

WHO IS THIS MAN NAKED?

SATAN!!!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

You: SATAN ENTERED JESUS’ HUMAN SOUL AGAINST HIS WILL, BY THE VINEGAR!!

Me: I’ve never heard such rubbish. What you said has nothing to do with the Bible.

carmel
    Participant

Hi DD,

You: SATAN ENTERED JESUS’ HUMAN SOUL AGAINST HIS WILL,

BY THE VINEGAR!!

Me: I’ve never heard such rubbish.

SO WHAT?

I BELIEVE IT IS RUBBISH TO YOU, 

AS IT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE TO SEE  NOT  HEAR I’M AFRAID! BUT ALWAYS BY THE SPIRIT!

IT IS ALSO ONE OF THOSE MANY NONSENSE YOU BELIEVE IN. 

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you.

7Ask, and it shall be given you:

seek, and you shall find:

knock, and it shall be opened to you. 

8For every one that asketh, receiveth: and he that seeketh, findeth: and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened. 9Or what man is there among you, of whom if his son shall ask bread, will he reach him a stone? 10Or if he shall ask him a fish, will he reach him a serpent? 11If you then being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more will your Father who is in heaven, give good things to them that ask him?

NOW WASN’T JESUS SUPPOSED A CRIMINAL?

NOW, AS A CRIMINAL HIS SOUL BECAME SATAN’S PROPERTY, AND WAS CONDEMNED TO ETERNAL DEATH IN HELL NO? 

WHO ELSE UP TO THAT MOMENT IN TIME, WOULD HAVE TAKEN JESUS’ HUMAN SOUL TO HELL IF NOT SATAN?

THE FACT THAT JESUS HAD TO FACE DEATH FOR SUCH PURPOSE!

THAT THROUGH DEATH JESUS WOULD DESTROY SATAN, WHICH HE DID!

BUT HOW I RATHER NOT TELL YOU SINCE IT IS NONSENSE AND RUBBISH TO YOU!

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore because the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner hath been partaker of the same: that,

through death, he might destroy him who had the empire of death,

that is to say, the devil:

Read please:

Matthew 10:28 And fear ye not them that kill the body, and are not able to kill the soul:

but rather fear him that can destroy both soul and body in hell. 

NOW TO:

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law,

being made a curse for us:

for it is written: Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree:

Genesis 3:17 …..cursed is the earth in thy work; …… 

IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES, BOTH JESUS AND THE EARTH WERE CURSED!

ANSWER DD,

HOW AND BY WHICH PROCESS JESUS  AND THE EARTH WERE CURSED?

Mark 11: 12 And the next day when they came out from Bethania,

he was hungry.

13And when he had seen afar off a fig tree having leaves, he came if perhaps he might find anything on it.

And when he was come to it, he found nothing but leaves.

For it was not the time for figs.

DD, THE ABOVE  IS ALSO ONE OF THOSE

NONSENSE YOU BELIEVE IN.

CAN YOU SEE IT?

BUT I TELL YOU IT IS NOT NONSENSE AT ALL!

14And answering he said to it:

May no man hereafter eat fruit of thee anymore forever.

DD, Answer please:

TO WHOM JESUS SAID THE ABOVE WORDS?

DON’T TELL ME TO THE TREE FOR GOD’S SAKE!

CAN YOU TELL ME ALSO WHAT THE FRUIT MENTIONED BY JESUS IS THAT THE MAN EATS?

And his disciples heard it. 15 And they came to Jerusalem.

And when he was entered into the temple, he began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the chairs of them that sold doves. 16And he suffered not that any man should carry a vessel through the temple;

CONSIDERING WHAT JESUS SAID SUPPOSED TO THE TREE,

WHAT DOES THE ABOVE SIGNIFY?

I MEAN, THAT JESUS CAST OUT ALL OF THEM THAT SOLD AND BOUGHT IN THE TEMPE!

WHAT ALL THE ELEMENTS REPRESENT IN THE ABOVE EVENT?

17 And he taught, saying to them: Is it not written, My house shall be called the house of prayer to all nations?

But you have made it a den of thieves.

20And when they passed by in the morning they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21And Peter remembering, said to him:

Rabbi, behold the fig tree, which thou didst curse, is withered away.

IS IT MORE NONSENSE TO YOU THAT THE TREE WITHERED AWAY AFTER JESUS’ CURSE, DIDN’T JESUS KNOW, WHO KNOWS ALL THINGS, THAT THE TREE HAD NO FIGS AT ALL? AFTER ALL, IT WAS NOT THE TIME FOR FIGS. 

IS IT PURE NONSENSE AND RUBBISH TO YOU???

You: What you said has nothing to do with the Bible.

ME:  DOES THE STORY OF THE CURSE OF THE FIG TREE ABOVE, ALSO HAVE  NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE? 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

I have ZERO interest in what you believe the truth is according to your “spiritual mind”.

If you are not producing a summary from DIRECT passages, then to me you are spewing nothing but lies from your own imagination that is under strong delusion.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Spirit returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Now Carmel, here is some common sense truth,

Jesus at the river Jordan had the Holy Spirit come to abode in him. He then left the river Jordan being FULL of the Holy Spirit and was led by that Spirit into the wilderness where he would be tempted to which was a test. He indeed had the power to make bread from stone and it was very tempting for him to do so because he hungered, but Jesus knew that man is to serve God above the flesh, that man cannot live on bread alone but every word of God. Jesus was able to overcome the temptation because he had the fullness  of the Spirit in him. Not only had he been filled with miraculous powers of the Spirit, he had been filled with the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding, Council and Might, Knowledge and Reverence for YHVH.

I am curious Carmel if you are capable of defining/ giving the identity of Satan/Devil from direct scripture and direct scripture alone?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

You are adding to God’s Word.
    The Bible never said that “SATAN ENTERED JESUS’ HUMAN SOUL AGAINST HIS WILL, BY THE VINEGAR!!”

Proverbs 30:6 Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

If you are not producing a summary from DIRECT passages, then to me you are spewing nothing but lies from your own imagination that is under strong delusion.

1Corinthians 12: 7And the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man unto profit. 8To one indeed, by the Spirit, is given the word of wisdom: and to another, the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit; 9To another, faith in the same spirit; to another, the grace of healing in one Spirit; 10To another, the working of miracles; to another, prophecy; to another, the discerning of spirits; to another, diverse kinds of tongues; to another, interpretation of speeches. 11But all these things one and the same Spirit worketh,

dividing to everyone according as he will. 

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Spirit returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 

Me: Jodi and in this case Gene, WHERE DOES SCRIPTURE SAY THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WHILE HE WAS IN THE WILDERNESS?

JESUS WAS ONLY LED BY THE SPIRIT TO BE TESTED AS A HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN! 

AND SATAN, THE DEVIL, IS NOT THAT STUPID TO TEST THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD!

You:  He indeed had the power to make bread from stone.

John5:19 Then Jesus answered, and said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you,

the Son cannot do anything of himself,…..

HOW ON EARTH COULD JESUS BE TESTED AND EVENTUALLY SIN IF HE WAS UNDER THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT? 

IT’S ILLOGICAL AND

PURE NONSENSE!

ALSO, SATAN, BEELZEBUB, THE PRINCE OF THE DEVILS, THE SERPENT, AND GOD KNOWS WHAT, WAS ONLY READY TO TEMPT HUMANS, NOT THE SON OF GOD! DIVINE!!!

HE IS SUPERIOR TO HUMANS ONLY!

LIKE HE ALWAYS DID AND DOES!!!

NOT SUPERIOR TO THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

IN THE SAME WAY HE TEMPTED EVE.

THE FACT THAT HE NEVER TEMPTED ADAM WHO RECEIVED THE SPIRIT FROM GOD.

Now read please:

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the spirit, into Galilee,……

Jodi, THE ABOVE VERSE CLEARLY SAYS THAT JESUS, ONLY AFTER HE LEFT THE DESERT WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT.

You: I am curious Carmel if you are capable of defining/ giving the identity of Satan/Devil from direct scripture and direct scripture alone?

Enjoy:

Luke 10:17 And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying: Lord, the devils also are subject to us in thy name. 18And he said to them:

I saw Satan like lightening falling from heaven. 

Luke 11:14 And he was casting out a devil, and the same was dumb: and when he had cast out the devil, the dumb spoke: and the multitudes were in admiration at it: 15But some of them said: He casteth out devils by Beelzebub, the prince of devils. 16And others tempting, asked of him a sign from heaven. 17But he seeing their thoughts, said to them: Every kingdom divided against itself, shall be brought to desolation, and house upon house shall fall. 18 And if Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because you say, that through Beelzebub I cast out devils.

Zechariah 3:1 And the Lord shewed me Jesus the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord: and Satan stood on his right hand to be his adversary. 2And the Lord said to Satan: The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan: and the Lord that chose Jerusalem rebuke thee: Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Job 1:6 Now on a certain day when the sons of God came to stand before the Lord, Satan also was present among them. 7And the Lord said to him: Whence comest thou ? And he answered and said: I have gone round about the earth, and walked through it. 8And the Lord said to him: Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a simple and upright man, and fearing God, and avoiding evil? 9And Satan answering, said: Doth Job fear God in vain ? 10Hast not thou made a fence for him, and his house, and all his substance round about, blessed the works of his hands, and his possession hath increased on the earth ? 11But stretch forth thy hand a little, and touch all that he hath, and see if he blesseth thee not to thy face. 12Then the Lord said to Satan: Behold, all that he hath is in thy hand: only put not forth thy hand upon his person. And Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Satan

Satan, in the three major Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), the prince of evil spirits and adversary of God. Satan is traditionally understood as an angel (or sometimes a jinnī in Islam) who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven with other “fallen” angels before the creation of humankind. Ezekiel 28:14–18 and Isaiah 14:12–17 are the key Scripture passages that support this understanding, and, in the New Testament, in Luke 10:18 Jesus states that he saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. In all three major Abrahamic religions, Satan is identified as the entity (a serpent in the Genesis account) that tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden and was thus the catalyst for the fall of humankind. (For further discussion of Satan in Islam, see Iblīs. For further discussion of Satan in Jewish folklore, see Samael.)

The word Satan is the English transliteration of a Hebrew word for “adversary” in the Bible. With the definite article, the Hebrew word denotes “the adversary” par excellence, mainly in the Book of Job, where the adversary comes to the heavenly court with the “sons of God.” His task is to roam the earth (like a contemporaneous Persian official) seeking out acts or persons to be reported adversely (to the king); his function thus is the opposite of that of the “eyes of the Lord,” which roam the earth strengthening all that is good. Satan is cynical about disinterested human goodness and is permitted to test it under God’s authority and control and within the limits that God sets. In Judaism it is sometimes understood that, as adversary, Satan acts as something of a divine prosecutor for God; the two figures are not seen as antithetical.

If you are not producing a summary from DIRECT passages, then to me you are spewing nothing but lies from your own imagination that is under strong delusion.

Me: Jodi there’s only one way to justify what you said above:

here it is again:

Luke 4:3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

WHAT DID THE DEVIL MEAN WHEN HE ASKED JESUS TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD?

IF SATAN WAS CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS A MERE MAN, WASN’T HE ALSO CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO PERFORM SUCH POWERFUL DEED? HE WAS NO?

SO WHAT DID HE MEAN REALLY, WITH THAT KIND OF EXTRAORDINARY STATEMENT?

You: What spiritually minded is absolutely not, is the belief that God intentionally made scripture to be not what it appears to be and then He chooses certain men to be spiritually minded so that they can then tell us what the actual truth is supposed to be.

Me: fine Jodi,

IT’S YOUR TURN NOW TO JUSTIFY WHAT YOU SAID ABOVE?

JUST TO GIVE YOU A HINT,

SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING, REFLECT PLEASE:

ON THE STONE AND THE BREAD!

AND ALSO ON

JESUS’ HUNGER!

I AM WAITING!

In the meantime, read the three tests:

3And the devil said to him: If thou be the Son of God,

say to this stone that it be made bread.

7If thou therefore wilt adore before me, all shall be thine.

If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself from hence. 10For it is written, that He hath given his angels charge over thee, that they keep thee.

Notice Jodi ONLY THE FIRST TEST IS SUPERNATURAL, THE OTHER TWO ARE VERY SIMPLE AND IN ACTUAL FACT, MORE PROVOCATIVE, AND ENTICING  FOR A HUMAN BEING!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

I have ZERO interest in what you believe the truth is according to your “spiritual mind”.

Jodi……..Amen, to that, I also have ZERO interest in what his “delusional mind”.  Comes up with.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Jesus can do nothing of himself, he gives credit to the Spirit that came to abode in him at the river Jordan and he says he does not follow his own will but does the will of the Father. Following his own will instead of God’s would have been him giving into temptation.

No temptation exists then by what you are saying, the temptation was that he could turn stones into bread to feed his hunger, if he didn’t have the power to do so there is NO temptation and thus there would be no point of him going into the wilderness to be tempted. You speak absolute nonsense Carmel.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

The Spirit came to abode in Jesus at the river Jordan and you keep leaving out the first part of Luke 1 that says he was NOT ONLY led by the Spirit into the wilderness but that he went into the wilderness upon having been FILLED with the Holy Spirit, such includes miraculous powers of the Spirit, like that of also being able to turn water into wine, heal the blind and raise the dead. This power all comes from the Spirit coming upon him at the river Jordan. 

There are NO scriptures that speak to mortal Jesus receiving the Spirit twice where a second time involves receiving powers.

On the contrary, Luke 4:18 attributes the Spirit upon him where he speaks God’s words and where he is also able to perform miracles. He who speaks God’s words we are given in John 3 is he who had received the Spirit NOT BY MEASURE. At Pentecost men (his brethren) received the Holy Spirit and they were given powers of the Spirit as well. 

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.

The passages saying that Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee does not at all equate to him thus just having received the power of the Spirit.  Notice what is said after, he is being glorified by all through his teaching, which he also does through the powers of the Spirit. The Spirit coming to abode in him at the river Jordan gave him all sorts of abilities to which brought him fame.

Power- Dunamis strength, power, ability

The mention of him having power of the Spirit going into Galilee is in the context of him becoming famous, not in him just having received that power.

Jodi
    Participant

Carmel,

YOU: Notice Jodi ONLY THE FIRST TEST IS SUPERNATURAL, THE OTHER TWO ARE VERY SIMPLE AND IN ACTUAL FACT, MORE PROVOCATIVE, AND ENTICING  FOR A HUMAN BEING!

ME: I don’t think you quite realize that you are trying to prove something thinking that I believe other things as you do, when I absolutely don’t.  This is why what you post is just nonsense on top of nonsense to me. You do realize that I believe Jesus was a human being at all times and to this day he sits at God’s right hand as a human being and he is returning to earth as a human being.  A human being can be born of God’s Spirit, this doesn’t change what kind of being he is, he is still human, he is a human being that bears the fruit of all goodness, righteousness and truth. In addition God can give certain powers/abilities of His Spirit for human beings to perform.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi “Amen”,  because they didn’t receive the  love of the “TRUTH”, but would rather follow the false teachings of their churches,  God has sent unto them a “deluding Spirit”, in order for them ( the modern apostate churches) to,  “believe LIES”. 
    When Jesus returns, he will reject them , “and I turn, they will reject him, and call him the “ANTICHRIST” ,  they are already “PREDISPOSED ” to do that,  by their false teachings of the Doctrine of the “ANTICHRIST” , who they say  will come before the return of Jesus.

peace and love to you and yours Jodi………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

You: I have ZERO interest in what you believe the truth is according to your “spiritual mind”.

If you are not producing a summary from DIRECT passages, then to me you are spewing nothing but lies from your own imagination that is under strong delusion.

Me: HERE IS A DIRECT PASSAGE READ:

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, into Galilee,……

Jodi, ONLY THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE SAYS THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, AND ONLY AFTER HE WAS TESTED, LEFT THE DESERT, AND AS THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE,

THE ONLY NATURE TO BE TESTED,

JESUS WAS JUSTIFIED THE CHRIST, “THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD MADE FLESH, PROCEEDED AND  SENT FROM THE FATHER, UNIQUE NOT OF THIS WORLD, OF THE HOLY GHOST,

ATTENTION PLEASE:

ALSO THE SON OF GOD IN HIS SOUL, JESUS’DIVINE NATURE, NEVERTHELESS IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, BOTH  LIKE ADAM IN HIS SOUL AND LIKE EVE IN HIS FLESH, THE NEW ADAM, AND  MADE IT CLEAR TO SATAN THAT HE, AS A HUMAN BEING IN THE FLESH OF EVE, THE SON OF MAN, I REPEAT THE ONLY NATURE TO BE TESTED, AS PROOF THAT HE WAS NOT OF THIS WORLD SATANIC, ALL INDEBTED TO SATAN, WAS  ONLY READY TO DO THE FATHER’S WILL AS A HUMAN BEING, DESPITE HE WAS ALSO THE SON OF GOD IN THAT SAME INSTANT WITH THE FULL POWER OF THE SPIRIT AT HIS DISPOSITION,

ONLY ACCORDING TO THE FATHER’S WILL! 

AS  SIMPLE AS THAT!

NOW THIS TIME I’LL ASK YOU:

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF JESUS TRIED TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD?

SINCE JESUS WOULD DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, WOULD THE FATHER HAVE ACCEPTED AND DID WHAT JESUS WANTED TO DO?

I MEAN HE TURNED THE STONE INTO BREAD?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

I AM WAITING!

IN THE MEANTIME I’M AFRAID I ALSO HAVE TO REPEAT WHAT I ASKED YOU AGAIN AS IT STILL STANDS:

Luke 4:3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

IF SATAN WAS CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS A MERE MAN, WASN’T HE ALSO CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO PERFORM SUCH POWERFUL DEED? HE WAS NO?

You: What spiritually minded is absolutely not, is the belief that God intentionally made scripture to be not what it appears to be and then He chooses certain men to be spiritually minded so that they can then tell us what the actual truth is supposed to be.

Me: fine Jodi,

IT’S YOUR TURN NOW TO JUSTIFY WHAT YOU SAID ABOVE?

JUST TO GIVE YOU A HINT,

SPIRITUALLY SPEAKING, REFLECT PLEASE:

ON THE STONE AND THE BREAD!

AND ALSO ON

JESUS’ HUNGER!

I AM STILL WAITING!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

Ephesians 3: 1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

2 Timothy 1: 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

People, do not turn a blind eye to Ephesians 3 and 2 Timothy 1!

Paul does not teach that God made all things by means of a pre-existing Jesus Christ, the context is clear, where he speaks absolutely nothing about Jesus existing in the beginning and being the one speaking creation into existence. The CONTEXT DIRECTLY TEACHES US that it is BY REASON OF JESUS CHRIST God had created all things, BECAUSE “the manifold wisdom of God, ACCORDING TO the eternal purpose, HE PURPOSED in Christ Jesus our Lord”.

What is the context of John chapter 1? Does the chapter give detail to how Jesus was he who was in the beginning speaking creation into existence or does the chapter speak to Jesus and God’s eternal purpose in him, thus the reason why God would have created all things in the first place? 

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

by means of or by reason of, 

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.

and NOT ONE VERSE ABOUT BY MEANS OF!

Do not turn a blind eye, the context of John chapter 1 gives us WHY God would have made all things by reason of Jesus Christ and nothing at all about Jesus pre-existing having spoken God’s creation into existence.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: I have ZERO interest in what you believe the truth is according to your “spiritual mind”.

If you are not producing a summary from DIRECT passages, 

then to me you are spewing nothing but lies from your own imagination that is under strong delusion.

Me: HERE IS A DIRECT PASSAGE READ:

Jodi, ONLY THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE SAYS THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, AND ONLY AFTER HE WAS TESTED, LEFT THE DESERT, AND AS THE SON OF MAN, JESUS’ HUMAN NATURE,

THE ONLY NATURE TO BE TESTED,
    JESUS WAS JUSTIFIED THE CHRIST, “THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD MADE FLESH, PROCEEDED AND  SENT FROM THE FATHER, UNIQUE NOT OF THIS WORLD, OF THE HOLY GHOST,

ATTENTION PLEASE:

ALSO THE SON OF GOD IN HIS SOUL, JESUS’DIVINE NATURE, NEVERTHELESS IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, BOTH  LIKE ADAM IN HIS SOUL AND LIKE EVE IN HIS FLESH, THE NEW ADAM, AND  MADE IT CLEAR TO SATAN THAT HE, AS A HUMAN BEING IN THE FLESH OF EVE, THE SON OF MAN, I REPEAT THE ONLY NATURE TO BE TESTED, AS PROOF THAT HE WAS NOT OF THIS WORLD SATANIC, ALL INDEBTED TO SATAN, WAS  ONLY READY TO DO THE FATHER’S WILL AS A HUMAN BEING, DESPITE HE WAS ALSO THE SON OF GOD IN THAT SAME INSTANT WITH THE FULL POWER OF THE SPIRIT AT HIS DISPOSITION,

ONLY ACCORDING TO THE FATHER’S WILL! 

AS  SIMPLE AS THAT!

NOW THIS TIME I’LL ASK YOU:

WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF JESUS TRIED TO TURN THE STONE INTO BREAD?

SINCE JESUS WOULD DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, WOULD THE FATHER HAVE ACCEPTED AND DID WHAT JESUS WANTED TO DO?

I MEAN HE TURNED THE STONE INTO BREAD?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

I AM WAITING!

IN THE MEANTIME I’M AFRAID I ALSO HAVE TO REPEAT WHAT I ASKED YOU AGAIN AS IT STILL STANDS:

IF SATAN WAS CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS A MERE MAN, WASN’T HE ALSO CONVINCED THAT JESUS WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO PERFORM SUCH A POWERFUL DEED? HE WAS NO?

WAS HE SO CONVINCED THAT HE WAS NOT ONLY PROVOKING JESUS, THE SON OF MAN BUT ALSO BY THE LOOK OF IT, EVEN PULLING JESUS’ LEG?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….SATAIN. was trying to deceive Jesus just as you are trying to deceive us.  Jesus did not fall for his deceptions. But you, it seem, have fallen for them, as testified by your words here.  Jesus through the Holy Spirit given him was using the very words of God himself which are written in our scriptures to out smarted Satan, something you seem unable to do.

JODI is absolutely right in what she has posted, Jesus was sent out into the wilderness by the Spirit of God to be tested by Satan the devil, 40 days and nights, and overcame him,  by the words of God the Father, that was being given him by the Holy Spirit he had received after he was baptized in the Jordan river, just as scripture clearly shows us all, who have the Spirit of him,  who raised Jesus from the dead dwelling in them.

Carmel you own words prove over and over here you simply have no part in truth of God, sad! ,

peace and love to you and yours ………..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

The Spirit of God came on Jesus after his baptism. (Matthew 3:16)
    So for me it is very clear that at that point Jesus had the power of the Spirit.
    Please read Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you…
    Well, there you go. It couldn’t be any clearer.

carmel
    Participant

Hi DD,

The Spirit of God came on Jesus after his baptism. (Matthew 3:16) So for me it is very clear that at that point Jesus had the power of the Spirit.

ME: THAT DOES NOT EQUATE THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT AT ALL!

Me: Please read hereunder:

DD,  ONLY THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE SAYS THAT JESUS WAS IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT,

AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

AND ONLY AFTER HE WAS TESTE AND, LEFT THE DESERT!

AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

Please read Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you…

PLEASE READ HEREUNDER:

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 1:67 And Zachary his father was filled with the Holy Ghost; and he prophesied, saying:

THE ABOVE INDIVIDUALS ARE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, BUT DEFINITELY, THEY WERE NOT IN THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT TO PERFORM MIRACLES.

NOW TO

Acts 1:6They therefore who were come together, asked him, saying: Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7But he said to them:

It is not for you to know the times or moments,

which the Father hath put in his own power: 

8But you shall receive the power of the Holy Ghost coming upon you, and you shall be witnesses unto me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the uttermost part of the earth.

AS YOU CAN WELL READ JESUS MENTIONED THE POWER OF THE FATHER CONCERNING HIS STATE OF ALL-KNOWING!

NOW JESUS ALSO MEANT THAT THEY WOULD RECEIVE THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT CONCERNING THEIR PARTICULAR DEED TO BE PERFORMED!

ON THE OTHER HAND, JESUS HAD THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE, OBVIOUS,  AS JESUS HAD THE FATHER HIMSELF IN HIM, 

NOT JUST THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST,

AS IN OUR CASE MENTIONED ABOVE, SENT FROM THE FATHER BY OUR LORD GOD JESUS CHRIST. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

As I said before, pay attention to the context.

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

Luke 5:15 But so much the more went there a fame abroad of him: and great multitudes came together to hear, and to be healed by him of their infirmities. 16 And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.17 And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them.

Carmel, your position is absurd, totally ridiculous in the face of scripture.

Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Luke 1:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness…

…18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

There exists NO scripture that says Jesus received the power of the Spirit after he was tempted in the wilderness. Scripture says that he returned in the power of the Spirit where fame began to spread of him. You are simply forcing the text to say something that it doesn’t actually say and that something all the while is against other clear scriptures.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

So are you saying that the Spirit of God was without power for a short time?

carmel
    Participant

Hi DD,

So are you saying that the Spirit of God was without power for a short time?

First and foremost WHO AM I TO DETERMINE THAT?

WE ONLY HAVE THE SCRIPTURE TO DETERMINE WHAT’S WHAT, THOUGH NOT ALWAYS IN FULL CLARITY, FROM OUR SIDE, THE FACT THAT THERE ARE SO MANY DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS!

Just read AGAIN the scriptures I sent you please:

Luke 1:15 For he shall be great before the Lord; and shall drink no wine nor strong drink: and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.

Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that when Elizabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the infant leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luke 1:67 And Zachary his father was filled with the Holy Ghost; and he prophesied, saying:

Did any of the above-mentioned have the power of the spirit to perform miracles?

WHAT CAN YOU CONCLUDE FROM THE ABOVE SCRIPTURES?

NOW ANSWER PLEASE;

IS TO BE FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST, EQUATES ALSO TO HAVE THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT TO PERFORM MIRACLES?

YES OR NO PLEASE.

More scripture to ponder on:

John 2: And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee?

my hour is not yet come.

WHAT DID JESUS MEAN ABOVE?

HE COULD HAVE REFERRED TO A PARTICULAR HOUR, LIKE THE HOUR OF HIS DEATH, BUT THE FACT IS THAT JESUS CONFIRMED THAT HE KNEW AND DID NOT  POSSESS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT INCESSANTLY  AND USED IT AS HE FELT FIT, BUT HE RECEIVED THE POWER ACCORDING AND  TO DO THE WILL OF GOD THE FATHER!

JESUS WAS IN TRUTH A HUMAN BEING, AND FOR HIM TO POSSESS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT INCESSANTLY, FOR NO USE AS IN THE CASE DURING SLEEP, FIRST IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, SECOND JESUS’ FLESH AND BLOOD BODY IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, COULD NOT HAVE WITHSTOOD THREE YEARS AT ALL IF HE POSSESSED THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT INCESSANTLY EVEN FOR NO USE. TO BE CLEAR, IF HE NEVER HAD THE POWER AT ALL HE WOULD HAVE LIVED EVEN LONGER! 

Luke 13:32And he said to them: Go and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and do cures to day and to morrow,

and the third day I am consummated. 

WHAT DID JESUS MEAN WITH THE ABOVE?

COULD IT BE THAT JESUS’ FLESH BODY WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO USE THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT ANYMORE AND WAS READY TO BE BUTCHERED AND KILLED?

ALSO:

WAS JESUS WITH THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT DURING HIS PASSION?

IF HE HAD THE POWER, WHAT FOR DID HE REQUIRE IT?

HE WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO PERFORM MIRACLES AND SUPERNATURAL DEEDS.

Luke 5:17And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem:

and the power of the Lord WAS PRESENT to heal them.

READING  THE ABOVE, WAS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT ALWAYS AND CONTINUOUSLY PRESENT WITHIN JESUS?

JESUS RECEIVED THE POWER WITHOUT MEASURE FIRST AND FOREMOST, THROUGH DEEP AND LONG PRAYERS BEFOREHAND, SECOND ALWAYS CONCERNING HIS DEEDS  TO BE PERFORMED, BUT FOR SURE HE RECEIVED THE POWER NOT TO MAINTAIN IT IN HIM FOR NO USE AT ALL, AGAIN ESPECIALLY SINCE HE WAS  A HUMAN BEING IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN, AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN DETRIMENTAL TO HIS HUMAN FLESH AND BLOOD BODY! 

JESUS RECEIVED THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT TO BE USED  FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER AND GIVEN TO OTHERS TO HEAL THEM, AND ALSO TO PERFORM SUPERNATURAL DEEDS IN ALL SORTS OF WAYS! 

Well asserted hereunder:

John11:41 They took therefore the stone away. And Jesus lifting up his eyes said:

Father, I give thee thanks that thou hast heard me. 

42And I knew that thou hearest me always;

but because of the people who stand about have I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. 

FROM THE ABOVE WE ARE AWARE THAT JESUS DIDN’T POSSESS THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT INCESSANTLY AS HIS OWN AND USED IT AS HE FELT FIT, BUT ALWAYS FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, AND HE RECEIVED IT DIRECTLY FROM THE FATHER AT THE PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME WITHOUT MEASURE, TO USE IT IMMEDIATELY!

IN THE DESERT JESUS, FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST FROM HIS CONCEPTION, NEVER POSSESSED THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT, THAT WAS ONLY FOR JESUS’ PUBLIC LIFE FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER AMONG HUMANS, IN THAT MOMENT IN TIME SATANIC!

HE HAD TO ASK AND PRAY TO THE FATHER BEFORE HE RECEIVED THE POWER, HENCE GIVEN ONLY FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER! THIS IS THE PERFECT HARMONY EXISTED BETWEEN THE FATHER AND HIS SON! 

Now to

1Corinthins 12:And the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man unto profit. 8To one indeed, by the Spirit,

is given the word of wisdom: and to another,

the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit; 9To another,

faith in the same spirit; to another,

the grace of healing in one Spirit; 10To another,

the working of miracles; to another,

prophecy; to another,

the discerning of spirits; to another,

diverse kinds of tongues; to another,

interpretation of speeches. 

11But all these things one and the same Spirit worketh, dividing to everyone according as he will.

THE ABOVE IS A DESCRIPTION OF THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT SHARED WITHIN THE CHURCH AND NO ONE RECEIVES THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT IN FULL!

ONLY JESUS RECEIVED ALL THE ABOVE  BY THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT  WITHOUT MEASURE, BUT NOT INCESSANTLY POSSESSED!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

You: ONLY JESUS RECEIVED ALL THE ABOVE BY THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE, BUT NOT INCESSANTLY POSSESSED!

ME: There exists no scriptural support for what you have stated what so ever. You continually add into scripture what is not there and turn the bible into a book of nonsense.

As said before there exists no scripture that Jesus received God’s Spirit here and there.  The idea that the Spirit descended upon him like a dove and abode in him, but would leave him and then descend again, is complete garbage.

Jesus leaving the wilderness in the power of the Spirit, does not equate to him receiving it at that moment, that’s what you like to add to it so it fits with your doctrine.

You seem to have at least recognized that it goes without saying, if one has the Spirit to give prophecy or perform miracles etc.., they have received a power of the Spirit to do so. 

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,..

The word power is not used above, however we know that Zacharias was able to give prophecy because he had received a power of the Spirit to be able to do so. He was filled with the Spirit and he certainly did not turn and give prophecy according to his own power, that which he was filled with was the power to give prophecy.

Luke 3: 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Prophecy was that Jesus would receive the Spirit of the Father and be able to preach, be able to perform miracles, etc.., not that the Spirit would come and go upon him. He wasn’t anointed of the Spirit and then unanointed and then anointed and then unanointed. The Father did not leave Jesus alone and the Father most certainly did not fill Jesus with His Spirit and then immediately after take it away when he went into the wilderness. According to scripture he was going into the wilderness having been filled with the Spirit.

Carmel, if Jesus didn’t have the power of the Spirit to be able to turn stones into bread then there would have been zero temptation and you make the bible into complete nonsense.

Because Jesus had been filled with the Spirit he had the ability to make stones into bread. 

AND ALSO,

Because Jesus had been filled with the Spirit he was able to overcome the temptation. 

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear (respect/reverence) of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Jesus was indeed tempted by the devil, he indeed had the power of the Spirit to make stones out of bread to feed his own hunger (otherwise no temptation existed and the bible would be a book of nonsense), but through him having also been filled with the Spirit of council and might, wisdom and understanding AND filled with REVERENCE FOR YHVH he WAS ABLE TO OVERCOME the temptation. 

John 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Carmel, your understanding you are trying to teach on here I see is just totally awful. God was IN Jesus when he went into the wilderness, he had been filled with the Spirit of our heavenly Father not by measure, filled with powers, filled with council and might, and reverence for YHVH.  The Father did not leave him alone, such is how he was able to overcome the temptation. Likewise, God in us is the only way for us to overcome temptation.

Viewing 20 posts - 25,221 through 25,240 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account