JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,061 through 25,080 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Hold up! Before I get into John 8:58, I am a little puzzled at your response to my last post.

YOU:

I agree with most of your teachings.
    Jesus accomplished his mission with the help of God’s spirit.
    I totally agree with that.
    But the major difference is that I believe that Jesus was God’s Son BEFORE He came to earth as a man.

ME:

First off in John 8 we read, “28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.”

Jesus’s mission is the mission God has given him and God anointed Jesus of the Spirit to be able to fulfill all that God asks of him. The Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Council and Might, Knowledge and Reverence abodes in him. Jesus can do nothing of himself, he accomplishes all that God asks of him through God’s Spirit aboding in him. 

Second, I am surprised that you didn’t have more to say with the scriptures I gave in my last post and all that you got from it was Jesus had God’s Spirit to accomplish his mission.

In my response I wanted you to acknowledge that God giving His only begotten Son was speaking to God giving him over to death for our sins as the context in the verse prior speaks to the Son of Man being lifted up on the cross. You had said that God had to have a Son to give. Either you are accusing Gene, Nick and I of denying that the Son of Man Jesus Christ was God’s only begotten Son at the time he was raised up on the cross or you have misinterpreted verse 16 where you believe the verse is speaking of God giving a pre-existing Son from heaven sending him into Mary’s womb on earth.

John 3:14-16 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal lifeFor God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

We have unfinished business here!

What is your understanding of verse 16 and how is it exactly that Gene, Nick and I are “against the very heart of the Gospel” in the context of this verse you’re giving to us as proof that we are. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

You ignored my post entirely and didn’t speak to even 1 verse that I provided. Why is that Carmel?

I spoke to John 17:10 but will gladly do it again and once again within the surrounding scriptures.

6 I have manifested THY NAME unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me

What did YHVH give to the Son of Man Jesus that is of YHVH Himself?

Isaiah 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of YHVH will rest on him, the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the YHVH.

What happened after Jesus was GIVEN YHVH’s Spirit?

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
    19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God GIVETH not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath GIVEN all things into his hand.

At the moment Jesus received the Spirit, YHVH declared this man to be His Son, to which YHVH had promised unto David that He would make one of David’s sons into His own Son. Carmel, do you believe YHVH kept His promise? Did He indeed take a Son of Man, a son of David and make him into His own Son? Do you believe in the IMAGE of the Son that Paul gives us in Romans 8, one who is Led by the Spirit of YHVH is a Son of YHVH, one where the Spirit bears witness to their spirit that they are a child of YHVH?

In light of the scriptures provided above now read again,

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. 

I came out from thee and thou didst send me, is directly speaking to the Spirit coming to abode in Jesus and then Jesus being sent, where he gives the words of YHVH through having received the Spirit not by measure. YHVH GAVE all things into his hands because YHVH had GIVEN him His Spirit not by measure.  The people believed on him, that he had been born of YHVH’s Spirit and was speaking YHVH’s word through that Spirit.

Let’s keep reading John 17,

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. 10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. 11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are…15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

What is Jesus talking about? I gave this to you earlier but this time I will provide the entire chapter.

1 Cor 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit. 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. 27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

The BODY OF CHRIST represents the Spirit of God without measure. Jesus was ANOINTED OF the Spirit without measure. There is ONE Spirit and ONE GOD who WORKETH ALL IN ALL.

Jesus received the Spirit ALL IN and was sent out into the world not being of the world but being sent directly down from heaven/ directly from God. Men received gifts of the Spirit, each a measure, where they were sent out into the world not being of the world but being directly sent from God also. They were sent out each with their own gift, teachers of God’s word, prophets, healers and miracle workers, etc where together they equated the body of Christ, he who had received all the gifts of the Spirit.

Jesus was sent upon receiving the Spirit where God through His calling, men believed on Jesus and the words of God that he preached. These are those that God gave to Jesus. They believed on Jesus and at Pentecost they were rewarded with the Spirit to continue the work that God had given Jesus to do, which was to bring forth more believers in God and His Son. Why we read Jesus say prior to Pentecost, “all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them”…”Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are“.

Carmel, if you cannot see that “ONE as we are” represents God’s Spirit in Jesus, you are truly blind.

You gave Phil 2:10

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Who was exalted?

Luke 22:69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
    33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear…36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

A Son of Man was exalted to God’s right hand. This fulfills God’s promise unto David concerning one of his sons. God would become a Father to one of David’s sons and God would settle him into His House and His Kingdom forever where he would make him an eternal king overall the earth.

The name Jesus means YHVH is salvation, which YHVH had anointed Jesus with the Spirit, calling him to righteousness where YHVH would hold his hand and keep him to fulfill His covenant, being a savior to Israel and all other nations of people. 

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

You gave, John 5:22-23

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

This brings us directly back to Isaiah 11 I gave earlier in this post, but let’s keep going in the chapter.

Isaiah 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of YHVH will rest on him, the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the YHVH. 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Ephesians 5:9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. 

Carmel, they honor the Son even as they honor the Father BECAUSE THE FATHER’S SPIRIT IS IN THE SON DOING THE WORKS.  

Carmel, your doctrine does nothing but undermine YHVH’s Spirit, it’s blasphemous.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

You

Carmel, they honor the Son even as they honor the Father BECAUSE THE FATHER’S SPIRIT IS IN THE SON DOING THE WORKS.

Me

This is only partly true.

If Christ were not GOD, HE COULD NOT BE HONORED AS THE FATHER IS HONORED.

A SIMPLE MAN FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE, HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE HONORED AS GOD THE FATHER IS HONORED.

ONLY CHRIST COULD BE IT

BECAUSE

CHRIST WAS GOD AND MAN.
    Through the prayer of faith, in communion with his Divine Father, his humanity was enlightened, guided, supported, powerfully strengthened,…. CONSTANTLY by the Holy Spirit of GOD.

AS FOR HIS DIVINE PREROGATIVES, HE HAD PUT THEM AWAY, HE USED THEM NOT FOR HIS PERSONAL USE, BUT FOR THE GOOD OF OTHERS.

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

ME: ANSWER PLEASE:

ISN’T “YHVH” THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

DIDN’T THE FATHER GIVE JESUS THE NAME “YHVH” WHICH IS ABOVE ALL NAMES?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

John 17:10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine;

and I am glorified in them.

EVEN THE NAME “YHVH” WHICH IS ABOVE ALL NAMES?

JESUS IS THE ONLY

GODMAN ON EARTH!

FOR THE PLEASURE OF THE FATHER!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……The father is not the Son, common sense should tell anyone that..   Jesus said clearly….“this is eternal life, that they might know you (God the father) the “ONLY” TRUE GOD,  and Jesus Christ,  who YOU (God the Father) have sent”.

“ONLY”. means, no other, so if Jesus says the Father is the “only” true God, then obviously there are no other true God’s.  

So you trying to make Jesus out to be a God, only shows how much you do not “truly” believe what he said , do you?  Your contempt for what Jesus actually said, is clear to anyone who has the Spirit of God “IN” them. 

How could Jesus ever say, “the son of man can do “NOTHING”, OF HIMSELF”  If he were God, because he also said “all things are possible with God”? So if he were God “nothing would be impossible for him, the son of man,  to do.  But yet he said he could do “NOTHING ” of himself.  Do you see how your corrupt teachings, corrupt the word of Jesus and God the father also? 

And we also have scripture that says, “but unto us there is only “ONE” God,  and one mediator between God and men, “THE MAN” , Jesus Christ>  

Fact is Carmel, you “truly ” don’t believe,  what Jesus Christ said , nor God the Father either

peace ad love to you and yours…………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@jodi

Hi Jodi,

I try to be more specific.
    (Please bear with me because English is not my native language)

I have to admit that I see for the first time that the context
    of John 3:16 is speaking of God giving His Son at the crucifixion.
    I always thought that John 3:16 is speaking of the incarnation.
    Well, I was wrong.
    I take back what I said about Gene, Nick and you.

Then about Jesus mission:
    I agree that Jesus had no power of his own on this earth.
    Jesus did everything through the Spirit of His Father YHVH!

But (I still believe) that he pre-existed as God’s Son and
    by becoming a man, he emptied himself of his divinity.
    (Philippians 2:5-8 – As I understand it)

It all matters if we can resolve the pre-existence question.
    Was Jesus personally alive before he was born of Mary?
    Because of verses like John 8:58, I believe he was.
    But I try to be open-minded.

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

John 5: 19 THEN answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things so ever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 THAT all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you , He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 30 I can of mine own self do nothing : as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. 31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. 32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. 33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. 34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved. 35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light. 36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me. 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 12: 44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man (anthropos/HUMAN) Christ Jesus;

Berean, first off, we are given directly that there is ONE GOD and Jesus is NOT that God, further we are directly given that Jesus is a human messenger and mediator of the ONE GOD.

Second, the context of John 5:23 is clearly given to us within that very chapter and further in chapter 12 but you completely ignore it.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son, THAT all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father.”

It is BECAUSE the Father committed all judgement unto the Son THAT all men should honor the Son even as they honor the Father.

You say they honor the Son even as they honor the Father because the Son is also God himself. This is truly absurd in the face of scripture. The Son can do nothing of himself, it is only through our ONE TRUE God the Father that Jesus can do anything at all. Jesus’s honor is only through our ONE TRUE GOD, the Father. 

Jesus comes in his Father’s name, YHVH who is declared as our ONE TRUE GOD. Jesus speaks YHVH’s words and does YHVH’s works, so rejecting Jesus equates then to directly rejecting YHVH. Likewise, if you are honoring Jesus you are then directly honoring YHVH. 

Jesus speaks YHVH’s words and does YHVH’s works in YHVH’s name because YHVH’s Spirit dwells in him. YHVH’s Spirit in Jesus, where it’s fruit is in all goodness righteousness and truth, is the means by which Jesus also judges the world. Honoring Jesus as judge is thus directly honoring YHVH. This is the very context Jesus gives us regarding his honor.

Isaiah 11:1 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. 2 The Spirit of YHVH will rest on him, the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the YHVH 3 and he will delight in the fear of the YHVH. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; 4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

Your belief,

The Father has committed all judgment unto me, I can do nothing of myself,  honor me as you honor the Father, for I am God.

Absurd Berean!

Mine,

The Father has committed all judgment unto me, I can do nothing of myself, honor me as you honor the Father, for I do not judge by my own eyes and ears, I judge through the Father’s Spirit of righteousness that dwells in me.

Jodi
    Participant

Carmel,

YOU:

ANSWER PLEASE:

ISN’T “YHVH” THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

DIDN’T THE FATHER GIVE JESUS THE NAME “YHVH” WHICH IS ABOVE ALL NAMES?

ME:

NO Carmel, can you not read the passage to which I already gave you?

Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

YHVH gave Jesus the name of Jesus and this given name is above every name. YHVH gave Jacob the new name Israel and Jesus’s name is above the name Israel. YHVH also named Ishmael which Jesus’s name is above Ishmael. YHVH named Isaac and Jesus’s name is above Isaac’s name. YHVH named John and Jesus’s name is above John and we can read more of the people throughout the bible that YHVH gave their name to, but the name given to Jesus is above all other names given.

YHVH highly exalted Jesus, he exalted the Son of Man to His right hand just as He had promised and this MAN was given a name above every name. We bow to him because he has been appointed by our One True God YHVH, to be our king of kings and lord of lords, where he rules through YHVH’s Spirit abiding in him. 

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

you
    Berean, first off, we are given directly that there is ONE GOD and Jesus is NOT that God, further we are directly given that Jesus is a human messenger and mediator of the ONE GOD.

me

I NEVER SAID THAT ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, JESUS IS THIS ONE GOD.

I SAID THAT HE IS GOD BY NATURE, BECAUSE BEING BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, HE HAS THE SAME DIVINE NATURE AS HIM…

“THE WORD” WAS WITH (THE) GOD AND “THE WORD “ WAS GOD.

UNTIL YOU BELIEVE THIS YOU WILL DISTORTE THE REST OF THE BIBLE

🙏

Berean
    Participant

To all

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

“For God so loved the world,”
    the tense used here is in the past tense

“that he gave his only begotten son”

When Jesus speaks, he is at the beginning of his earthly ministry.
    He says: 👉 “that he gave his only begotten Son” (the tense is also in the past tense)
    He did  not said “He will give”

God has already given His only begotten Son”
    By becoming incarnate, the Son of God offered himself as a living sacrifice, and this sacrifice will go all the way to the cross of Calvary.

Because God so loved the world, He let His dear Son come down to our earth to give His life as a ransom for the multitude.

God gave his “dearest” for the redemption of lost humanity.

And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose name is not written in the book of life of the Lamb 👉 who was slain from the foundation of the world. 👈
    Revelation 13:8

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your reply! For English not being your native language, I am very impressed with your written English skills!

I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to talk about Philippians 2 before going into John 8:58.

Philippians 2 holds a special place in my heart, I find it extremely impactful, which when it gets misinterpreted the message therein gets completely destroyed.

1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The following verse, verse 6, is in the context of the mind of the anointed Jesus, to which Paul is asking men, who have the fellowship of the Spirit, to be like minded with him.

Christ Jesus to me equates to he who received God’s Spirit without measure at the river Jordan and so we are thinking about the mind of a man who has just received God’s Spirit and all the miraculous powers therein. This equation is do to Isaiah 61, to which Jesus quotes concerning himself in Luke 4.  Jesus said “the Spirit is upon me because YHVH has anointed (Chrio) me”, hence we have Jesus becoming the Christos and it is from here that Jesus said also that he was sent.

The men Paul is speaking to, to me equates to those who received God’s Spirit by measure at Pentecost where they needed to be like minded with Christ Jesus. Recall John 17, Jesus said “they are not of the world as I am not of the world” and “as thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.” These whom were sent needed to be like minded with the anointed Jesus who was sent.

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He who was anointed of the Spirit not by measure and given the powers of the Spirit was in the form of God. Being GIVEN the Spirit of God without measure he thus did not think it robbery then to be equal to God.

Upon being filled with the Spirit Jesus first is sent into the wilderness to be tested. He fasted for 40 days and for 40 nights and afterward he hungered, so even though he was in the form of God, he found himself to be in fashion as a man for he did indeed hunger. He could have used the powers of the Spirit upon him to make for himself bread from stones but he humbled himself, he quoted Moses and said, “That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God”. Jesus took upon himself the form of a servant and he left the wilderness being sent out to do God’s works in God’s name.

“he took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death“.

2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Isaiah 53:he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus was not deserving of death, but he went to his death being numbered as a transgressor, where he was mocked, spit on, beaten and nailed to a cross seen as a sinner, which is to the likeness of ever man. God made him to be sin for us. Finding himself in this state he humbled himself and was obedient to God unto his death, where being in the form of God with the powers of the Spirit he could have saved himself at any time, instead he was a faithful servant.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

The mind of the anointed Jesus who was in the form of God having received His Spirit not by measure was obedient, he was a servant of God putting others above himself, dying for us, having no vain glory. Paul is asking men who have received the Spirit and have been sent out into the world for them to be of this same mind as the anointed Jesus. They too were going to face persecution. Jesus himself spoke of their fate asking them to be faithful unto death, just as he was faithful.

Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Thanks for providing clarification as to how you see Jesus as God but not the One True God.

YOU:

I SAID THAT HE IS GOD BY NATURE, BECAUSE BEING BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, HE HAS THE SAME DIVINE NATURE AS HIM…

“THE WORD” WAS WITH (THE) GOD AND “THE WORD “ WAS GOD.

UNTIL YOU BELIEVE THIS YOU WILL DISTORTE THE REST OF THE BIBLE

ME:

Your doctrine is that a Son of God is God and became a human who is also still God, if I have that correct, or close enough.

But that is against direct scripture, for 1 Chronicles 17 tells us that FIRST you have a Son of Man and THEN GOD becomes a Father to him.

You proceed further against direct scripture and give a false image of the Son, for Romans 8 tells us that one who is led by the Spirit of God is the Son of God and one where the Spirit bears witness to his spirit is a child of God. 

Further, regarding the image of the Son, to which is contrary to your image, we are given 1 John 3

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the CHILDREN of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

CHILDREN Berean! The SAME way Jesus is a Son of God is to be the SAME way God begets other children. 

Ephesians 9:5 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. 

It doesn’t take a genius to equate God’s seed to be that of His Spirit.  A Son of God is about being righteous, it’s about being led by the Spirit of God in all your ways, it’s about the Spirit being ALL in you to the cause of righteousness, where that Spirit bears witness to your spirit that you are a child of God, you have been born of God, begotten of His Spirit, His Spirit is aboding in you. 

It’s astonishing what you just flat out deny Berean.

Isaiah 42 tells us that our Creator called a Son of Man to righteousness FOR THE PURPOSE TO FULFILL His covenant and we read that this Son of Man received God’s Spirit without measure, which it is being born of the Spirit of God that bears the fruit of righteousness. We are even told that Jesus said he had to be baptized to fulfill all righteousness and the moment he came out of the water the Spirit that causes righteousness came to abode in him and remain in him. He was begotten of God’s seed and then at that moment God declared this man to be His Son, which fulfilled God’s promise unto David. 

The image of your Son of God Berean, is make believe, a completely false image against direct scripture, coming forth from nothing but circular reasoning based on one misinterpreted passage after another.

More was fulfilled, as Jesus died but God did not allow his flesh to see corruption, He raised him from the dead and exalted this Son of Man to His right hand having given him the PROMISED SPIRIT, making the resurrected Jesus to be BORN OF God’s SEED where he was settled into God’s House and His kingdom forever, meaning eternal life unto a Son of Man, just as was promised unto David. THIS WAS God’s WORD FROM THE BEGINNING, God ALL IN, His Spirit, His Righteousness, His Eternal Life, “this day I have begotten you“.

This Son of Man is then returning in the glory of the Father, the glory that had been with God for this man from the beginning. Jesus will inhabit the earth and fill it with the knowledge of YHVH, bringing YHVH to be ALL IN ALL, the very purpose that YHVH had created heaven and earth for in the first place. So in this MAN, YHVH made all things consist. In this MAN, YHVH made all things by reason of and for, David’s son to whom YHVH had promised to become a Father to. 

I will say to you what I said to Carmel, you undermine the Spirit, it’s blasphemous. You speak against the Spirit of YHVH not giving credit where credit is due. YHVH made humans in His own image, He gave humans a spirit to which His Spirit could bear witness to. From the beginning when YHVH promised Eternal Life, His WORD was a promise to become ALL IN ALL, His Spirit bearing fruit to righteousness unto eternal life. His WORD that was With Him and is Him, for He is Spirit, He is Righteousness and He is Eternal Life. The Son of Man at His right hand bears this very image, He has the Spirit in him and he is returning to earth in this glory, the glory of our Father.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi,
    And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him,(the beast )whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb👉 slain from the foundation of the world.👈

The heart of the Son of God was ready “from the foundation of the world”
    for infinite sacrifice….

🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying, 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham

Acts 7: 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Before the foundation of the world YHVH foreordained one man to be called to righteousness and be obedient unto his death for the sins of the world. YHVH also foreordained before the foundation of the world for this man to be raised from the dead and receive glory.

Jesus is this man who indeed died on the cross for the sins of the world as was purposed before the world was.

Jesus is this man who indeed was raised from the dead and given glory as was purposed before the world was.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

As always, you quote THE WORD, BUT YOU ADD A FALSE INTERPRETATION.

THE DIVINE SAVIOR EXISTED BEFORE HE CAME TO INCARN ON EARTH
    ….AND “THE WORD”
    WAS MADE FLESH AND DWELL AMONG US….(JOHN 1:14)

And he( Son of GOD) was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is 👉called The Word of God.👈 

🙏

Jodi
    Participant

Berean, my position is directly from scripture!

Where is the false interpretation exactly?

The resurrected Jesus, in his flesh and bones body as witness to many, had ENTERED the glory to which he preached a number of times, glory unto a Son of Man, to which also we read had been prepared before the world was, this man’s death, his resurrection and his glory, all prepared from the beginning.

There is NOTHING in Revelation 19 about Jesus pre-existing as our Creator.

We are given scripture that clearly shows the truth regarding his name being called The Word of God. John in chapter 19 is directly speaking of prophecy from Isaiah. 

Isaiah 11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Ephesians 6:17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Son of Man returns in the glory of our Father where through the Spirit of our Father aboding in him by the breath of his lips he is able to slays the wicked.

His mouth through the Spirit is powerful, just as before when Jesus was able to heal the sick and raise the dead by his word, now he will destroy the wicked by his mouth having been made like a sharp sword.

Isaiah 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. 2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; 3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

His name is called the word of God because the Spirit of God is upon him making his mouth like a sharp sword where he is able to slay the wicked with the breath of his lips.

Now who Berean is adding false interpretation? 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……if you could just understand who what Peter said,  it would straighten out all you false conceptions about who Jesus is….1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was “FOREORDAINED” , (that means he was in the plan of God before he started his creation of this earth), before the foundation of the world, but was “MANIFESTED”, (brought into existence), in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do , “believe in GOD”, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; “that your faith and hope may be “IN GOD”.

WHAT  was Jesus’ purpose?,  to cause us to put of “FAITH AND HOPE “IN” GOD”. It was not to put our hope and faith in Jesus, but in God the Father, the exact same God Jesus put all his “Faith and hope in, GOD THE FATHER. 

2Ths 2 , a “prophecy”  of the Apostle Paul concerning the Churches,  describes exactly what you people have done to the  “image of Jesus”.  You have taken the man Jesus and turned him into your God,  and you worship him as such,  and will suffer the consequences of that, at his return by his own mouth.  God the father and Jesus will reject anyone who makes and worship another God besides “the ONE and “ONLY” TRUE GOD”.  

“REPENT” WHILE YOU CAN Berean.

Peace and love to you and yours Berean…………gene

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

You

His name is called the word of God because the Spirit of God is upon him making his mouth like a sharp sword where he is able to slay the wicked with the breath of his lips.

Me

In the BIGINNING WAS “THE WORD”

AND “THE WORD”

WAS WITH (THE) GOD

AND “THE WORD” WAS GOD

So in the BIGINNING, the Son of God IS named “THE WORD”

AND because THE SON OF GOD NAMED”THE WORD” WAS GOD, GOD THE FATHER made by him ALL THINGS

; and without him( THE WORD) was not any thing made that was made.(V.3)

When the SON OF GOD RETURNS (REV.19:13) HE IS AGAIN NAMED THE WORD OF GOD,
    HE’S THE SAME PERSON AS IN THE BEGINNING
    BUT IN A GLORIFIED HUMAN BODY.

IF HE WAS GOD IN THE BEGINNING, HE STILL IS GOD WHEN HE RETURNED, BUT UNITED TO A GLORIFIED HUMAN BODY.

🙏

Berean
    Participant

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DOUBT THE FACT THAT THE SON OF GOD AND MAN WAS CONSTANTLY CLOTHED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND MORE PARTICULARLY WITHOUT MEASURE FOR HIS EARTH MINISTRY TO MEN (HUMANITY).

🙏

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@jodi

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for your interpretation of Philippians 2.
    I have to think about that.

What I can say is that I agree that Jesus became the Anointed One at his baptism.
    Otherwise we are making a mockery out of this great event.
    I don’t want to be in that camp any longer.

Matthew 3:16-17
    And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him,
    and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove,
    and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying,
    This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 25,061 through 25,080 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account