JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,981 through 25,000 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Have you yet been united with Jesus Christ by baptism in his name?

It is the only issue you should concern yourself with.

All your intellectual gymnastics would seem to be uselessness

and you would realise that your GODMAN is a mirage.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel,

You CANNOT answer the question with the verse in question; I did answer you concerning the term “scripture” and the only scripture that was available in the first century the Jewish people would reference was the Tanakh (OT) or was Paul referencing some Roman or Greek writing? The fact you are making a HUGE deal of this tells me you’re justifying your answer because you know there isn’t a single passage in the OT that supports what Paul said. Also, Paul claimed to be a Pharisee and would have quoted from where? In nothing you responded with did you tell me where in the OT the Messiah was to die for the sins of mankind, be buried, and raised from the dead. Nor did you explain why you believe someone delivered this statement to Paul, which would still not be “scripture” as it would presumably be a spoken words and if it was delivered as a written message, we come back to square one and are no further to you answering the question than when we began. Where is this “according to scripture” that Paul stated? What scripture is he quoting from?

If you believe I have not read what you write, that’s because I don’t; if you would like me to, write normal. Your writing format is one of the main reasons I choose not to respond to you, let alone read all you write. You also keep bringing up this “godman” and I just tune out, this doctrine you speak isn’t supported within scripture and is man made and therefore false. If “godman” is supported, please cite the verses; I haven’t found the term anywhere in the bible. Jesus isn’t God or a god; because if Jesus is a god, it present an issue when it’s stated in Deut 6:4 “The Lord is our God, the Lord is one.” Then again, christianity has the trinity and worship three gods, calling them one. According to some faiths, your salvation is hinged upon believing in the trinity. Guess I’m in trouble…

carmel
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

Cont.

I intervened and took the opportunity and replied to your post  to Nick, in order to maintain our discussion focused on 1Corinthians 15:3 hereunder:

You: “To reject Paul is to reject his Master Jesus Christ”; so Paul saves too?!!?

ME: Scriptures:
    2Corinthians 12:1 If I must glory (it is not expedient indeed):

but I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2 I know a man in CHRIST about fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not, or out of the body, I know not; God knoweth), such a one caught up to the third heaven. 3And I know such a man (whether in the body, or out of the body, I know not: God knoweth): 4That he was caught up into paradise,

and heard SECRET WORDS,
    which it is not granted to MAN  to utter.

In what sense?

IT IS NOT GRANTED TO MAN, a clear reference to him, MOST ZEALOUS PHARISEE,

TO UTTER”?

Let’s keep on reading the scriptures!

Galatians 1:11 For I give you to understand, brethren,

that the gospel which was

PREACHED BY ME  is not according to man.

12 FOR NEITHER DID I RECEIVE IT OF MAN, NOR DID I LEARN IT;

but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13For you have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion: how that, beyond measure, I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it. 14And I made progress in the Jews’ religion above many of my equals in my own nation, being more abundantly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 

15But when it pleased him,

who SEPARATED me from my mother’s womb,

HOW AND BY WHAT PROCESS DT, DID GOD SEPARATE PAUL FROM HIS MOTHER’S WOMB?

and called me by his grace, 

16To reveal his Son IN ME,

HOW DT, DID GOD REVEAL JESUS IN PAUL?

that I might preach him among the Gentiles,

immediately I condescended not to flesh and blood. 17Neither went I to Jerusalem, to the apostles who were before me:

but I went into Arabia,

WHY AND WHAT DID PAUL EXPERIENCE WHEN HE WENT INTO THE DESERT?

REVELATIONS, AND THE TRUTH OF THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES? No?

and again I returned to Damascus.18Then, after three years, I went to Jerusalem, to see Peter, and I tarried with him fifteen days. 19But other of the apostles I saw none, saving James the brother of the Lord.

20Now the things which I write to you, behold, before God,

I lie not.

21Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea, which were in Christ: 23But they had heard only: He, who persecuted us in times past, doth now preach the faith which once he impugned:

24And they glorified God IN ME.

FIRST PAUL IN GALATIANS 1:16 ABOVE SAID THAT

GOD REVEALED HIS SON IN HIM,

WHILE IN THE ABOVE PAUL SAID THAT THE CHURCHES OF JUDEA

GLORIFIED GOD IN HM!

PAUL CONFIRMED THAT JESUS IS GOD! NO?

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men,

but as it is in TRUTH, THE WORD OF GOD,

which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

PAUL IN THE ABOVE CONFIRMED THAT

HIS WRITING IS PURE SCRIPTURES!

“THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD JESUS  WITHIN PAUL!

THUS AS MUCH AS JESUS THE MAN, REVEALED GOD WITHIN HIM WITH HIS GOSPEL TO ISRAEL.

PAUL REVEALED JESUS, GOD, WITHIN HIM WITH HIS GOSPEL TO THE GENTILES.

CONFIRMED HEREUNDER:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is able to establish you,

according to MY GOSPEL,
    and the preaching of Jesus Christ,

according to the revelation of the mystery,

Revealed to him by  Christ Jesus Himself
    which was kept secret from eternity,

26(Which NOW is made manifest by
     the scriptures of the prophets,
     according to the precept of the eternal God, for the obedience of faith,) known among all nations;

1Corinthians 14:37 If any seem to be a prophet, or spiritual,

let him know the things that I WRITE TO YOU

that they are the commandments of the Lord.

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL, AGAIN PAUL CONFIRMED  ABOVE THAT HIS PREACHING IS PURE SCRIPTURES!

THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD DIRECTLY FROM CHRIST JESUS WHEN PAUL WAS IN ARABIA!

THIS IS ALSO ASSERTED IN

2Peter 3:15 And account the longsuffering of our Lord, salvation; as also our most dear brother Paul, according to the wisdom GIVEN him,

DIRECTLY FROM CHRIST!

hath written to you:

16As also in all his epistles,
    speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood,

which the unlearned and unstable wrest,

as they do also to, OTHER SCRIPTURES

to their own destruction.

NOT A SINGLE DOUBT PAUL’S WRITINGS AND EPISTLES IN THE ABOVE ARE CONSIDERED EQUIVALENTLY SCRIPTURES. 

1Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you FIRST OF ALL,

which I also received:

how that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures: 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures: 

IN THE ABOVE DID PAUL REFER TO THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES AS HE THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE AS A FANATIC PHARISEE  BELIEVED,

ACCORDING TO HIM AFTER JESUS’REVELATIONS,

DUNG?

WELL MENTIONED IN

Philippians 3:7 But the things that were gain to me, the same I have counted loss for Christ. 8Furthermore I count ALL THINGS  to be but loss for the excellent knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things,

and count them but as DUNG, that I may gain Christ: 

Acts 17:10 But the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea. Who, when they were come thither, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11Now these were more noble than those in Thessalonica, who received the word with all eagerness,

daily searching the scriptures,

whether these things were so.

12And many indeed of them believed,
    and of honourable women that were Gentiles, and of men not a few.

Acts  18:28 For with much vigour he convinced the Jews openly,

shewing by the scriptures,

that Jesus is the Christ.
    DT. ANSWER PLEASE:

WHO SAVED THE GENTILES?

Back to normal posting:

In the above you have more than enough scriptures related to

1Corinthians 15:3 not scripture only of the NT, but precisely of the OT, of which you are not only well familiar but also through them you are battling in these forums as you are convinced that Jesus is not the suffering servant, redeemer, died for humans sins, Resurrected on the third day and so on!

In my posts, I mentioned both Isaiah 42:16, and  Isaiah 53:9,

TWO SCRIPTURES VITAL ENOUGH TO CONTRADICT your comments in general:

WHY DIDN’T YOU, IF YOU ARE SO CONVINCED OF YOUR TRUTH

CONTRADICT ME?

I SMELL SOMETHING FISHY, I.M AFRAID!!!

You: But then you quote Isa 42; so the OT is strictly for self-serving purposes.

In the above case most probably I DID, so you would be in the position to rebut and somehow initiate your so convince TRUTH and say something!

WHICH YOU NEVER TOOK THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO!

Tell me what is being said in Isa 41 and Isa 43; you can’t, but you will read a small section and tell me you know the context and what it means. Read Isa 40-55 to get the complete picture for the Isa 42 passage you quoted…but you won’t.

I had to leave you something to encourage you to start the argument!

BUT YOU NEVER DID?

WHY DIDN’T YOU?

GO AHEAD I HAVE LOADED YOU WITH ALL MY POSTS RELATED TO YOUR SO DETERMINE OF THE TRUTH OF

1 Corinthians 15:3

I AM WAITING! LET’S YOU AND ME DISCOVER THE TRUTH!

MR. DESIRETRUTH!

ARE YOU?

IF YOU ARE, GO AHEAD; START CONVINCE ME OF THIS TRUTH
    Peace and love in Jesus Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel,

You: PAUL CONFIRMED THAT JESUS IS GOD! NO? (copy and pasted in all your yelling glory)

Me: Jesus isn’t God, glad you final realize it. Oh wait, it was a question; if Jesus is God and God cannot be tempted, explain the 40 days in the desert when Jesus was tempted. Oh wait, that was God taking on human form and was subject to the temptations of man; but, he would have still been God. If Jesus was God, why did he need God’s spirit (his spirit) to come upon him…do you realize how insane this sounds and the amount of mental gymnastics you need to perform to believe this nonsense? Your “I Believe Button” must be worn out from hitting so often.

You: HIS (Paul’s) WRITING IS PURE SCRIPTURES!

Me: So Paul can write whatever he desires and it’s considered “scripture”?!?!? Now I understand how Paul was able to say “according to scripture”, he was quoting himself and where did he previously state the Messiah was to die, be buried, and raised up? You do understand that is pure speculation on your part as there is zero biblical proof to support that statement. What it really sounds like is Paul has elevated himself and establishing himself as the head of christianity.

You: Romans 16:25 Now to him that is able to establish you, according to MY GOSPEL…

Me: Paul has his own gospel?!?!

You: DT. ANSWER PLEASE: WHO SAVED THE GENTILES? (just have to yell…)

Me: God and God alone; show me in the OT where God said he needed a “helper”, where human sacrifice was okay or required for forgiveness of sin, where we are to worship the Messiah, where the Messiah was to die, be buried, and be raised from the dead. When you answer these burning questions, be direct. I don’t need some convoluted response solidifying your opinions, give me the passages!

You: In the above you have more than enough scriptures related to 1Corinthians 15:3 not scripture only of the NT, but precisely of the OT

Me: in nothing you wrote did you specify anything concerning 1Corinthians 15:3; all you gave me was your opinion of who you want Paul to be.

In Isa 42:16, God is speaking; in Isa 53:9, the nations are speaking. All you have to do is read the words Isaiah penned.

You: I had to leave you something to encourage you to start the argument! BUT YOU NEVER DID?WHY DIDN’T YOU?

Me: enlightening, all you want to do is argue and I don’t wish to enter into never ending foolishness. I have better things to do. Then you go on to say (yelling of course) “LET’S YOU AND ME DISCOVER THE TRUTH!” This isn’t what you really want, you want to push your religion and get everyone to believe the same. I have said repeatedly to verify what I’ve said and most don’t or won’t; I know they haven’t because they aren’t asking for clarification on what has been said, double down on what they believe, or just ignore it and move to another topic.
    By the way, in nothing you wrote did you tell me were the passages are in the OT that speak of the Messiah as Paul says is “according to scripture.” According to Cambridge dictionary, scripture is “the holy writings of a religion.” So the letters of Paul’s teachings where just letters sent to different cities of what he believed and didn’t become an official part of the bible until around 400 AD when his letters where canonized and the NT formed and added to the Tanakh.

Nick
    Participant

You will argue with God outside the gates of salvation till the cows come home DT.

There are more useful things to do than proving yourself right.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

YOU:

We can continue to debate what we believe is truth and write long explanations trying to prove our side of the “truth”; but the bottom line is what does the OT say about the Messiah; who will he be and what will he do when he arrives, does this match the Messiah of the NT? If you have found a passage to support the NT Messiah in the OT, did you read the entire book?

I challenge you to begin reading the prophets and listen to what God said through them. Again, it will change your perspective; God’s words are wonderful and beautiful as you allow them penetrate your heart (Isa 55:11).

Let me know what you discover.”

ME: With all do respect DesireTruth, you have been asking questions and making statements and I have taken the time to reply to you based directly on such.

You challenging me to read the OT prophets, sounds to me like once again you are speaking through assumptions that are false. Your challenge is actually quite insulting.

I grew up in a church very much having the OT as foundation, keeping a strict Sabbath, not celebrating Halloween, Christmas or Easter but rather the Holy Days from Passover to Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) to Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles).  I constantly use OT prophecy pointing out how many on this forum ignore what it teaches and by such hold to false doctrines. I have spoken on this forum at how people on here are following a faith created by pagan “converts”. These pagans, who are responsible for the Nicene Creed, instead of learning the God of the OT and understanding Hebrew thought and applying it to the NT, they inserted their own Greek thought and mythology to the NT. The pagan converts destroyed texts and even murdered people who opposed their creed.

I was blessed being able to be a stay at home mom while my kids were young and during those years it gave me a lot of time to bible study. One thing I did over the course of about two years was study many of the different Christian faiths, from Catholics, to Baptists, to Protestants, to Mormons, Jehovah Witness, etc.. and see how they each lined up with actual scriptures throughout the bible.  I enjoyed comparing different translations of the bible and discovered Jeff A. Benner’s “Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible” (Hebrew letters, words and roots defined within their ancient cultural context). I am all about studying the entire bible from Hebrew thought and within the ancient cultural context. I do not apply the meaning of words, like hell and soul from Greek thought. I am also aware of Hebrews who went whoring after pagan beliefs and by such have created false beliefs as well, like the Book of Enoch. There are both Jewish faiths and Christian faiths that hold this book as part of the biblical canon, others who don’t but it still holds influence.

The issue at hand seems to at least be in part, which has occurred on this forum before, is in interpreting certain NT passages exactly how main stream Christian folks do and in seeing the contradiction with the OT the rejection of Jesus as our Messiah then sets in. If their interpretations were true I would have to reject Jesus as well.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

The Holy Scriptures are written by men under the power of the Holy Spirit.

You will not recognise the words of the Spirit till you are reborn from above.

Till then the OT and the NT will just be words on paper written by carnal men

Berean
    Participant

Jodi 

f their interpretations were true I would have to reject Jesus as well.

Me

JESUS IS THE ONE BY WHOM GOD CREATED ALL THINGS (John 1:3)

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT THING TO GRAB.
    THIS WILL INCREASE OUR RESPECT FOR HIM.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Will it make you long to be joined with him in the Body Of Christ?

Psst …It is not entered by joining with the SDA.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Those yet to be reborn from above do not recognise the words as sacred and treat them as worthy only of the carnal analysis of men.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Philip ran up and heard him reading the Prophet Isaiah and said ,

” Do you understand what you are reading?”

And he said

”Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?”

And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Now the passage of scripture that he was reading was this,

”HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER, AND AS A LAMB BEFORE IT’S SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH. IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGEMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION?FOR HIS LIFE S REMOVED FROM THE EARTH”

The eunuch answered Philip and said,

” Please tell me of whom does the prophet say this.?
    Of himself or someone else?”

then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water, and the Eunuch said,

”Look ! Water! What prevents me from being baptised?”

Acts 8 30f

So this faithful Jewish man coming back from Jerusalem had all the information but without the Spirit was unable to understand it.As soon as the Spirit filled man explained it he knew it was urgent to be baptised.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi and Nick……..Excellent posts.  Our friend DT , has went the way of the Jews who hate the Apostle Paul and his teachings,  but the Apostle Peter  said Paul’s writings were hard to understand for some, but I see his writings as absolutely great as he explains in detail many thing not clearly understood in our scriptures before his time.  By the way Paul was not a Jew, he was a Benjaminite, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews, I am willing to bet DT doesn’t even know what that means, even though he claims to know the Old Testament, and says it is not harmonious with the New,  DT say’s Paul said he was a Pharisee, and yes he did say that is what he,  “WAS” , but he did not say that is what he “IS”,  he was telling us of his “past” not his “present”.  He said he counted all that as dung, in comparison to obtaining the excellence of  knowledge of Christ Jesus.

To bad our friend Desire Truth doesn’t,  sad!

peace and love to you and your Jodi and Nick and you to DT……..gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I just realized that post No.#945194 was not meant for you but for Desiretruth!

Anyway DT still replied.

Nick
    Participant

No problem.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean, I didn’t see any response to  my post #945008

I have included it below with some additions,

Your doctrine doesn’t add up and I am not seeing explanation from you with scripture, that might provide reconciliation where I could then consider a change to my position.

Matthew 16: 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 19: 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration (New Birth) when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory…34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD.

Before Jesus’s death, he asked God to glorify him with the glory he, THE SON OF MAN, had of God before the world was. 

Just prior to his death we are not to believe Jesus was asking God for the very glory he preached of concerning himself? You say no and I say that is absurd!

Jesus preaches of his coming glory, teaching directly that it is glory unto the Son of Man who is a king over a kingdom that had been prepared since the creation of the world.

What did Jesus say, right after he rose from the dead?

Luke 24-27: He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Jesus’s glory that he ENTERED UPON RISING from the dead to which Jesus asked God for just prior to his death, is glory that the Son of Man (the son of David, the son of Jesse and the son of Abraham) would receive according to the prophets. 

Let’s not forget, God promised to take a son of David and make him into his own Son, make him into a firstborn and a king higher than all the kings and He would settle this Son of Man into His house and His kingdom forever. Then we read in Acts 7:55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Berean, comprehend what the word EXALTED means, ELEVATED and to whom was in fact said to be EXALTED to God’s right hand, THE SON OF MAN. Then stop ignoring that this was in fact God’s word before the world was. With this truth, then of course we are told that the anointed Jesus is he who God created all things by reason of and for. A man is the firstfruits of God’s Spirit, and this man is anointed to execute God’s will that had been declared by God from the beginning, which is to fulfill God becoming ALL IN ALL. With this truth, then of course we are told that all things consist in him and that he is before all things.

Your response is to interpret John 1:1 to be speaking of Revelation 19:13 where you take verse 13 out of it’s surrounding context, holding onto a doctrine that changes the very glory of our Messiah spoken by the prophets and spoken by Jesus himself.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was WITH the Father and has appeared to us.

The WORD OF GOD that was declared FROM THE BEGINNING to which appeared to many witnesses, was that of a man raised from the dead given eternal life. In the beginning was this WORD, the Word of Life, and it was WITH God and it is God, God is life, where His Spirit is, there is life. Once again we can reflect on God’s promise He made concerning a son of David, he would give him an eternal throne, he would settle him into His kingdom forever and make him an eternal king a king higher than all other kings.

Isaiah 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of MY NAME. 2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; 3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified… 7 Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. 8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;…23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

Revelation 19: 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name WRITTEN, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The word of God.14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name WRITTEN, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19 is all about the Word of God that had been given prior to us by the prophet Isaiah and elsewhere by other prophets. That Word is about a future king overall the earth.

There was a NAME WRITTEN, that name is called the word of God and that NAME WRITTEN is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, truly Jesus is a king of kings and lord of lords according to God’s WORD spoken by the prophets, a promise God gave to a Son of Man even before the world began.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@jodi

Hi Jodi,

The pre-existence of Jesus Christ is very important.
    God gave us something that He already had and His love for us was shown in that act of giving.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    If He gave us His Son, He then had to have a Son to give.
    Not just a unique son, but His only begotten Son, the Son of His Bosom, the Son that came out of God.
    This is the very heart of the Gospel.

God bless

Nick
    Participant

Thank you Jodi for your prophetic reflections.

When the events of Isaiah 24 occur then from certain vantage points the stars will appear to fall from the sky.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Sons of Adam do not preexist.

This amazing man was conceived in and born of Mary and pleased God by showing it was possible to become clean by faithful fulfilment of the Law, then opened a way through Baptism in his name for all men to become one with him by his blood.

We can sit with him in the heavenlies and share his earthly kingship.

Nick
    Participant

Cont,

of course from other vantage points it would seem that the stars were scrolled up. Rev 6.14

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

You

Berean, I didn’t see any response to  my post #945008

Me

THE SON OF GOD, before coming down from heaven (Jn6:38)
    before the world was (our world)
    had glory with his own father. (Jn 17:5)

What did the Son of God do in heaven with his Father BEFORE THE WORLD WAS? (our earth)
    He was the chief of the angels.

chief of angels:
    Rev.12:7,8
    And there was war in heaven:👉 Michael and his angels👈 fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    [8] And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Michael is one of the names of the Son of God which means “who is like God?”

Jude 1:9
    But Michael 👉the archangel, 👈 when he argued with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you

archangel means leader of the angels.

To my knowledge, I only know one archangel Michael in the Bible: he is the Son of God himself.

1 Thess.4:16
    [16] For 👉the Lord himself 👈 shall descend from heaven with a shout,👉 with the voice of the archangel, 👈 and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Math.24:29-31

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    [31] And 👉he shall send 👉his angels👈 with 👉 a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, …

It says: 👉HE SHALL SEND HIS ANGELS👈

THIS MEANS HE IS THE LEADER

JUST AS THE DRAGON (SATAN) IS THE LEADER OF THE FALLEN ANGELS
    , CHRIST (MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL) IS THE CHIEF OF THE HOLY ANGELS.

OTHER TEXTS

Rev. 19
    And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    [12] His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
    [13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    [14] And👉 the armies which were in heaven followed him👈 upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

the armies which were in heaven followed him

They are his angels
    of whom it is said in Matthew 24, that they will gather together his elect…
    (they shall gather together his elect from the four winds)

The angels of Christ are of course the angels of God, “FOR ALL THAT IS YOURS IS MINE” JESUS SAID TO HIS FATHER.

And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them
    John 17:10

to be continued

God bless

🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 24,981 through 25,000 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account