JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,941 through 24,960 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

The Pharisees misunderstood him too and never heard the Spirit.

It was because they had not obeyed God and been baptised by John.

Have you not been born again either?

Nick
    Participant

My words are Spirit and they are life.

Nick
    Participant

Hi,

Salvation and eternal life are on offer.

Peace and Joy are thrown in.

Yes the downside is that we carry the dying of Jesus in our mortal bodies. We are baptised into his death. We still die. But that is so we can share in his resurrection. Think long term guys. Hope!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all, Jesus “proved”, that a man can be resurrected from the dead and live for ever ,  he said,  Rev 1:18……..> “I am  he that lives and “was dead”; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell (the grave) and of death”.

Jesus is the one who unlocks allow to be resurrected fro the grave and it is by doing exactly  as as he did, by the power of the Spirit of God the Father “abiding in us”  . Just as scripture says………” But if the Spirit of him that raised Jesus from the dead, dwell “IN” YOU, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall,”ALSO ” quicken you mortal (dead) bodies, (how?)  by his Spirit that dwell “IN” you.
    “The key is” ,
    that we must all become “exactly” like Jesus was and is, in this life,  and by the exact same Spirit of God the Father  that dwells in those who have it “IN” THEM.   

peace and love to you all and yours………….gene

Nick
    Participant

Yes Gene,

For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection, knowing this that our old self was crucified with him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would be no longer slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

Rom 6.5

carmel
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You: Your own spirit cannot recognize the Holy Spirit.

You must be born again from above.

Me: Who said I am not?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Just pointing out the path and pleased you are aware of the need.

Berean
    Participant

@ Nick

You

For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection, knowing this that our old self was crucified with him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would be no longer slaves to sin; for he who has died is 👉freed from sin.

Me

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    [5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    [6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    [7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    [8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Indeed Berean,

Become joined with the Son by baptism in his name

and abide in him.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

We can continue to debate what we believe is truth and write long explanations trying to prove our side of the “truth”; but the bottom line is what does the OT say about the Messiah; who will he be and what will he do when he arrives, does this match the Messiah of the NT? If you have found a passage to support the NT Messiah in the OT, did you read the entire book?

I challenge you to begin reading the prophets and listen to what God said through them. Again, it will change your perspective; God’s words are wonderful and beautiful as you allow them penetrate your heart (Isa 55:11).

Let me know what you discover.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth………Jodi has let you know what she discovered in the New and Old Testament and it’s the same thing Nick and I are telling you.  You have three witnesses telling you the same things, but you still reject it,  do you honestly think we are going to change our understanding based on a single scripture, you think proves everything written in our biblical text is wrong?  No my friend, the Old Testament and the New, blend perfectly if understood correctly.  If you reject Jesus and the words he spoke to us from God the Father, then you are rejecting God himself,   Don’t let your own mind fool you brother. Remember the words written in the “old” testament by Jeremiah the prophet,……> “the heart is deceitful, above all things”, and desperately wicked: who can know it?”

also remember the words of Moses…..“the LORD , shall raise up a prophet “like unto me,  unto him,  shall you heed.”.   That prophet is Jesus,  and to not heed him will bring trouble to you ,  IMO. 

‘peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………..gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Then I propose the question to you again; but this time take a moment and answer it.

What does the OT say about the Messiah; who will he be and what will he do when he arrives, does this match the Messiah of the NT? Is the Jewish Messiah the same as the Christian Messiah?

You keep telling me by rejecting Jesus I have rejected God; this makes zero sense when my focus is toward God, how can I be rejecting HIM? It’s a conundrum isn’t it? After all the NT teaches the only way to God is through Jesus; what does the OT teach, what did God say?

I am told over and over again my “mind” is the issue, that my “mind” is fooling me; the fact is all I have done is begin reading the words of God through HIS prophets. Have you started reading them? I now understand why the Sunday morning orators teach very little from the OT, if at all; if they did, the “church” would be empty.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Hi desiretruth,

You said to Gene: You keep telling me by rejecting Jesus I have rejected God; this makes zero sense when my focus is toward God, how can I be rejecting HIM?

Me: Very simple because Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    John 5:23 He that honors not the Son honors not the Father which has sent him.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

ZERO SENSE?

Where was the wisdom of God said to meet the HUMAN SENSE requirement??

Nick
    Participant

For this reason the wisdom of God said

”I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of the they will kill and some they will persecute, so that the blood of all the prophets since the foundation of the world, hay be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God;”

The message Jesus gives is not designed to be popular but to upset rebellious men.

Nick
    Participant

the Seed is the Word of God.

And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the Word and understands it; who bears good fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty and some thirty.

So the response to the gospel defines the future of a man.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

Let’s say someone is teaching you how to skydive, but used words you didn’t understand, left out life saving instructions, wouldn’t answer questions in the simplest manner, and when it came time for the real jump told you good luck and shoved you out the door? Your view of this instructor would be positive or negative?

Now explain Jesus’ words in Mark 4:11 He said to them, “To you is given the mystery of the Kingdom of God, but to those who are outside, all things are done in parables, 12 that ‘seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest perhaps they should turn again, and their sins should be forgiven them.’”

Jesus is intentionally speaking in a confusing manner thru the use of parables so those who came to listen to him wouldn’t understand so they wouldn’t turn and have their sins forgiven. Tell me how you interpret this in a positive manner?!? In essence Jesus is hiding the Kingdom of God from the people and only the select chosen few get to have access. This is who we are to “worship” and “believe and trust in” for our salvation?

I’m not “attacking” christianity or Jesus, just reading words written and these words don’t make sense. If they make sense to you, please clarify.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

In the Parable of the sower when the seed of the Word is sown

Some do not understand it and the evil one snatches it away.

Some soil receives it with joy but he has no firm root in himself and he falls away.

Some have the seed choked  by worries and the deceit of wealth and become unfruitful.

So why do you blame the sower and the source of the Seed?

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

It is not a good strike rate the Sower achieves, I agree.?

but the path is narrow and few choose it.

When did you first assume the role of the Judge of God and His Son

and by whose authority?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

So you believe the words of God are confusing? Funny, what does God say about wisdom and understanding.

Prov 3:13 Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,

You always quote NT verses to support your NT belief. Why is it you never quote an OT verses to support a NT idea; shouldn’t the NT be confirmed by the OT; isn’t the OT the foundation to all scriptures; isn’t that the reason why it’s included in the “bible”? Since the OT is the foundation to all scripture can it be removed without collapsing the remainder of it (aka the NT)? It sounds to me the OT is extremely important and must be understood.

Then to say the message of Jesus was designed to be unpopular and “upset rebellious men.” The only one’s that seem to be getting upset are you and a few others, are you confirming you’re rebellious?

In Luke 12:51-52 Jesus says he came into the world to divide it – your NT messiah

In Isa 40:5 the glory of Jehovah shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of Jehovah hath spoken it.

In Zeph 3:9 I will make the speech of the nations pure; that all of them might call on the name of Yahweh, to serve him in unison.

In Ezek 37:28 And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever.

God says HE is going to unite the world under HIM and Jesus says he’s going to tear it apart. Which am I to believe; the words of God or the words of Jesus? I think the Father and son are conflicted…

Viewing 20 posts - 24,941 through 24,960 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account