JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,861 through 24,880 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Thank you Nick and Gene!!

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: “Jesus’ “life”, was poured out “by God the Fathers Will”, to demonstrate, I say “DEMONSTRATE”, to us all, what kind of “life”, it takes to please God.”

Me: Explain what kind of “life” did Jesus demonstrate we are to live that is pleasing to God? If it’s just obedience, that’s nothing new – that’s OT. By obeying God’s commands one was considered righteous. Explain why Jesus’ particular “obedience” created a specific model to follow and what is this “model”?

Your explanation of what Jesus said concerning Matt 26:28 is just that, your explanation. You spiritualized Jesus’s words to justify your interpretation of what you believe it means. This method of understanding is extremely dangerous; anyone can interpret anything, any way they wish, and it becomes their truth. Get enough people to believe the same and now there’s a new doctrine. Which is why churches fight and eventually split and why there are over 30,000 different religion in the world today. If we must continually exegesis the words written, the words are empty and mean nothing and our interpretation of those words are the only true meaning. To me what the words say takes precedence over any “spiritual” understand read into them.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Additionally,

You still haven’t explained why I need Jesus when God said to repent, turn, and you sin is remembered no more. When did God add now having to go “through HIS son” to be forgiven? You also haven’t addressed any question from post #944944

Have another verse(s) for you to explain Matt 10:23 “And whenever they persecute you in this town, flee to another, for truly I say to you, you will never finish going through the towns of Israel until the Son of Man comes.” Did Jesus prophesy he would return before the disciples could finish spreading Jesus’ “good news” throughout Israel?

Here’s another that parallels the same idea; again spoken by Jesus. Matt 16:28 “Truly I say to you, that there are some of those standing here who will never experience death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” Again, Jesus is speaking to his disciples and prophesying that some of those he is speaking to will not die before he returns.

Either Jesus has already returned OR maybe Jesus wasn’t the Messiah. This brings me to Deut 18:22 “Whenever what the prophet spoke in the name of Yahweh, the thing does not take place and does not come about, that is the thing that Yahweh has not spoken to him. Presumptuously the prophet spoke it; you shall not fear that prophet.”

Just reading words…who’s Jesus really?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth…….What idea?    Had you understood,  that Jesus wasn’t talking about just the dying of your flesh,  but the “second death”, the lose of your complete  Soul”.
    So indeed, there were some people who would not taste “true death”, standing there until true judgement takes place in the kingdom  .  Jesus is the man God has chosen to judge mankind.  Remember?……> acts 17:31…… Because he (God) has appointed a day, in which he, God), will judge the world in rightness by the “MAN” , whom he has ordained ; whereof he (God) has given assurance unto all men, in that he (God) raised him from the dead”.

Desire Truth……Why are you continually attacking Jesus for? ,  Have you fallen from     “GRACE”?, are you now become an enemy of his?, are you ready to accept the consequences of that choice? 

Peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

You: who’s Jesus really?

Me: Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16)

Nick
    Participant

Yes Danny,

The anointed man who died and was raised back to life, like Jonah.

Like it or lump it folks it is what we must believe.

Berean
    Participant

This man IS ALSO named “THE WORD OF GOD.” (Rev.19:13)

IN THE BIGINNING HE WAS WITH GOD, AND WAS GOD.

… AND was MADE flesh.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

“So, having obtained help from God, I stand to this day, testifying both to small and great, stating nothing but what the Prophets and Moses said was going to take place; that the Christ was to suffer, and that by the reason of his resurrection from the dead he would be the first to proclaim light, both to the Jewish people and to the gentiles”

While Paul was saying this in his defence, Festus said in a loud voice,

“ Paul, you are out of your mind! Your great learning is driving you mad”

but Paul said,

”I am not out of my mind most excellent Festus, but I utter words of sober truth. For the king knows about these matters, and I speak to him also with confidence, since I am persuaded that none of these things escape his notice, for this has not been done in a corner. King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know that you do”

Agrippa replied to Paul,

”In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian”

And Paul said,

”I would wish to God, that whether in a short or a long time, not only you , but also all who hear me this day, might become such as I am, except for these chains.”

Acts 26.22f

Paul at work .

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

If you were reborn from above you would grasp what is Spiritual, not literal.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

First verse, Jesus explicitly stated to those he was speaking to would never finish going through the towns of Israel before he returned. What are we to make of Jesus’ statement and why no response to this verse? What Jesus stated is a little hard to take in considering at the end of the book of Matthew Jesus says to them to go into all the world. At one point Jesus tells them he will be back before they can tell all of Israel and then he tells them to go into all world because he won’t be back that soon after all. Do you seriously not see it?

Second verse, as Jesus is speaking to those standing in front of him, he tells them there are some who will never experience death until he returns and this is the verse you jump on and extrapolate Jesus is speaking of a “second death.” How and where did you get that from Jesus’ statement?

I’m not attacking Jesus, I’m reading his words and his words don’t align. A misalignment you are unable to explain, but will blindly accept and follow. “Fallen from grace”!??! Does grace originate with Jesus or God? Find in the OT where God says I must believe in a “Messiah” for salvation. What consequences would I suffer when I place God before me. I finally started seeing it’s God and God alone and it’s not God plus one that christianity pushes; it’s more like Jesus plus one and take God out as needed.

Gene, you aren’t explaining why I would need Jesus or have to go through Jesus to get to God.

Berean
    Participant

If you were reborn from above you would grasp what is Spiritual, not literal.

Me

Indeed, God showed me the truth, and I praise him for it.
    I don’t believe your version of John 1.
    Paul confirms John
    For by him were created all things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him and for him:
    [17] And he is before all things, and through him all things consist.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Why why why?

Because until you are reborn from above you cannot see the kingdom.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Berean, Jesus preaches of his coming glory, teaching directly that it is glory unto the Son of Man and preaching ALSO that it was prepared since the creation of the world. 

Just prior to his death we are not to believe he was asking God for the very glory he preached of? Absurd!!

Me: Let’s read the scripture:

Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: 33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand:

Come, ye blessed of my Father,

possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

WHERE JESUS AS A SPIRIT, WAS SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.Rev.13:8,

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep;

and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

John 6:19 When they had rowed therefore about five and twenty or thirty furlongs,

they see Jesus walking upon the sea,

and drawing nigh to the ship, and they were afraid. 

Now, Jodi read again what Matthew 25:34 clearly says hereunder:

POSSESS YOU THE KINGDOM 

PREPARED FOR YOU FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

The above declaration is a clear reference to the kingdom of the Son,

not to Jesus’ glory!

Jesus’ glory is eternal with God, the only embodiment, image, and shape of God!

While humanity was not yet in existence.

Now to

John 17:5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

Notice, Jesus commenced this verse and said;

And now,…. 

Why did Jesus commence this verse in that manner?

John1:30 This is he, of whom I said: After me there cometh a man, who is preferred before me:

because he was before me. 

31And I knew him not,…

HE WAS BEFORE ME.

AND I KNEW HIM NOT!

JESUS, AS THE ONLY PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF GOD, WAS UNKNOWN TO THE HEAVENLY HOSTS WHILE THEY WERE ON THEIR PROBATION PERIOD, IN THE SAME WAY, ADAM AND EVE WERE WHILE IN THE GARDEN, FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR LOYALTY TO GOD AND THEIR FREE WILL DURING THE CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE. Genesis 1:1, THE REBELLION OCCURRED, AND GOD THREW LUCIFER AND ALL THE REBELLIOUS ANGELS ON THIS PLANET  Genesis 1:2 ORIGINALLY LUCFER’S AND COMMENCED THE CREATION OF THIS WORLD Genesis 1:3 BETWEEN GOD AND EVIL, LIGHT AND DARKNESS, DAY AND NIGHT AND SO ON, IN ORDER BOTH TO ESTABLISH A NEW WAY FOR THEM TO RETURN TO GOD AS CHILDREN OF GOD, THE HIGHEST STATE POSSIBLE AND ALSO AS THE ONLY PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT AND IMAGE OF GOD, THE SON OF MAN,  TO REVEAL HIMSELF AS A HUMAN ON EARTH FOR THE SAKE OF GOD THE  FATHER AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AS JESUS CHRIST! Confirmed by John in

John 17:3Now this is eternal life:

That they may know thee,

the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

EVEN SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.Rev.13:8

5And now glorify thou me, O Father,

with thyself,

with the glory which I had, before the world was,

with thee.

John 1:30 This is he, of whom I said: After me there cometh a man,

who is preferred before me:

because he was before me. 

31 And I knew him not:

but that he may be made manifest in Israel,

therefore am I come baptizing with water. 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel

In reference to post #944977, one word is all you need and that is “zera”; I have been over this word before and is a reference to descendants, one who is procreated, something produced after it’s own kind. This is the term used in the OT to reference who the Messiah will be, the seed of David. In other words in the lineage of David. If Jesus was conceived of the spirit, explain exactly how he would be in the “line of David” when Jesus, as we are told, was conceived of the spirit. What you responded with is nonsense, I have never accepted Catholicism as truth since it was the religion spawned from the Council of Nicea in 325 AD. Stop spiritualizing everything you read, because you will never understand the true and actual meaning of what has been written.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

Why, why, why indeed; if only you could answer a question or two verses running away. How about you take a crack at answering what I asked Gene. Won’t hold my breath as you don’t like questions, you just like telling people what they should believe.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

Your demand for intellectual satisfaction before belief can only fill your mind with doubt and frustration. In so doing you appoint yourself as your own god and the only source of truth.

I have no wish to partake in your games of confusion as My God is not a God of confusion but of peace and I accept His wisdom as greater than mine or yours.

You must be transformed by the renewal of your mind and it starts with faith in God and Yahshua.

As Yahshua said “Believe in God. Believe also in me”

Nick
    Participant

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval.

By faith we know that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Heb 11.1f

And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

heb 11.6

faith is vital but understanding a luxury.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

All you can offer is your DOUBTS.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,  Who guivs to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But he must ask in faith without any doubting for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man should expect that he will receive nothing from the Lord, being a double minded man, unstable in all his ways. Jas 1.5f

you are welcome to them.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

You: I have no wish to partake in your games of confusion as My God is not a God of confusion…

Me: Isn’t that precious as you pull out your God card, yet you will believe what you are told is truth without ever verifying what you have been told IS truth. I simply quoted what Jesus said and questioned it; you accuse me of playing games?!?! How obtuse can you be? How can you ignore the words Jesus said, words that where never fulfilled, and say that I am creating myself as a god! How about address the words Jesus spoke and tell me what they mean and if they where actually fulfilled. And you tell me my faith is “shipwrecked”; what’s shipwrecked is christianity, and it’s sinking!

Then you quote the book of Hebrews, what a joke! A book so corrupt it should be stripped from the NT. Don’t believe me, start comparing the words it quotes from the OT and see if they match!

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Nick,

All I offer are doubts?!? All I have are questions, start answering them!

Then you say to ask for wisdom, look in the mirror! Funny how those accusing others ignore their own advice. Wisdom is the one thing I ask for daily and God has been opening my eyes to the deception called christianity. God said he is our salvation, not that I have to go through another. God said to repent, turn from your wickedness, and your sin will be remembered no more. God said HE had no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desired they turn from their wickedness and live. What god do you serve?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,861 through 24,880 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account