JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,841 through 24,860 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth……..You said…….>I will point you to Matt 26:28 “for this is my blood of the covenant which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”Jesus, specifically his blood, is for the forgiveness of sin.

My answer to this is,  The blood of Jesus simply meant “his life”,  which was poured out for the forgiveness of sins.  Now what does that mean?, it means Jesus’ “life”, was poured out “by God the Fathers Will”,  to demonstrate,  I say “DEMONSTRATE”, to us all, what kind of “life”,  it takes to please God.  It was in that sense that Jesus died, by putting (his) “OWN” Will to death, in complete “OBEDIENCE”, to the Will of the Father.    It’s all about “obedience “,  and sometimes “obedience” requires sacrifice. But remember what,  Samual told King Saul,  “OBEDIENCE is more than sacrifice”. 

GOD the Father  “gave” him over to death, to Demonstrate to us “All”, what kind of “FAITH”  it takes to be Obedient to him, but we must also come to that same point in our relationship with God.  God the Father must become our “FIRST LOVE”, even ahead of Jesus himself, and that is the requirement of the,  “New Covenant ”  or agreement,  we must all come to, if we are to inherit the kingdom of God.

Jesus whole work on this earth was to bring us to the same relationship he has and had with God the Father.  Jesus was never about himself, he was about the “WILL”  of,  God the Father “ONLY”. 

Peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny……YES , Jesus washed us, but how is the question, by demonstrating to us all, how to have a right relationship with  God, It all starts with us repenting of our sins, through the Holy Spirit at work in us.  It is  a work of God the Father, even us being drawn to JESUS is a work of God,  not a work of Jesus.  Jesus was by the Spirit of God given him  a “witness” of GOD,  it’s all a work of God in and through Jesus and all who have the Spirit of God the Father “IN” them.

So in that sense We ( the chosen of God), can be washed by the life , i.e. (blood) of Jesus . The whole concept of “I in you, and you in me”,  shows us that, as we conform to the life of the Spirit that was in Jesus, we are being transformed to thinking,  exactly as he did and does.

peace and love to you and yours Danny…….gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@genebalthrop

Maybe this verse will convince you.
    Romans 5:10
    For if, when we were enemies, 👉we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,👈 much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

We were reconciled to God by the death of his Son.
    Do you agree?

Nick
    Participant

Hi DD,

WE does not include all men of course. The books of the apostles are addressed only to the saved. So seek ye first the kingdom and everything else will be added to you remains relevant as the priority of God.

You must be born again of water and the Spirit. All must repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Indeed Jesus Christ is the lamb that takes away the sins of the world.

The offer is still open but not for long.

Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Berean
    Participant

He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    [3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    [5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    [6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.(1John2)

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So what are the Commandments of Jesus?

LOVE ONE ANTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU.etc

Did you think it was the 10 commandments??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To. All……Jesus is indeed the “Sacrifice”, that “GOD GAVE” , to the world,  for the “PURPOSE”, of taking away the sins of the world.  Not that Jesus himself took away the sins of the world himself, if that were the case then there would be no sin at all in the world. But sin still exists everywhere.  

SCRIPTURE SAYS, …..>“God so loved the world that “HE GAVE” , his uniquely begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him “SHOULD NOT” parish , but have everlasting life.   Notice it say “Should not”, it does not say “WILL NOT”, now does it, but “should not”.  Even the devil believes in Jesus and we all know his destiny right,  it’s the doer, not the hearer, that will be justified , we must all overcome exactly as Jesus did, or we simply won’t be there,  don’t fall for the “Lie”,  that Jesus did everything in your place so you don’t have to do anything. That’s a Lie, that will send you to hell. 

Let’s not kid ourselves , unless you become exactly as Jesus is , you will not enter into the kingdom of God especially thinking Jesus paid off,  your sin debit .

We must all “repent “,  and turn to God the Father, with “ALL”  our hearts, All our Souls, and “All” our strength’,  and live the same kind of life  as Jesus himself lived.

peace and love to you all and yours……..gene

Nick
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.

So it is not by self effort that we can become like our Master by by the work of the Spirit in us. Striving is uselessness so it is by daily submission seeking forgiveness for our failures that we become useful vessels.

Nevertheless the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal “The Lord knows those who are His and everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness”

Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonour. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from these things he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

2Tim 2.19

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

You: Both Matthew and Luke record, Jesus’ daddy is the spirit; so how is Jesus of the tribe of Judah? Tribal lineage comes from the father. If not conceived of Joseph how is Jesus of the seed of David?

Me: Does Matthew really declare to us that Jesus’s daddy is the spirit? I have argued on this forum that Matthew, actually in fact tells us that Joseph is Jesus’s biological father.

Before we look at Matthew 1 let’s review what the OT tells us.

God promised David that his son Solomon would have an eternal throne.

” 11 …I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. (1 Chronicles 17)

“9 Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days. 10 He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever. (1 Chronicles 22)

When Ahaz feared the evil council against Judah to put the son of Tabeal on king David’s throne, God said He would not let it come to pass and He gave a sign of a virgin giving birth to a son who would be named Immanuel (God with us).

Isaiah 7: 5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying, 6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal: 7 Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass… 10 Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying, 11 Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD. 13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also? 14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

DesireTruth, how else would God bring forth the conception of a virgin if not by the power of His Holy Spirit?

I have seen a number of people on this forum look at the virgin conception not at all as a sign from God and not at all in the context given in Isaiah 7, the kingship over David’s throne. The virgin birth has nothing to do with a pre-existing being coming down to earth and being morphed into Mary’s womb or God creating some half breed human god. It has everything to do with God bringing forth a sign to identify the promised son of David and Solomon who would be given an eternal throne, who would not have God’s mercy taken away from him and who would be settled in God’s house for eternity.

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation (GENESIS/lineage) of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas… 5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias…7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa…15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob 16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ. 17 So all the generations (Genea/Fathered-men of the same stock) from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

I believe in what is clearly written, Matthew gives us the book of the lineage of Jesus and that book he gives us goes from Abraham to Joseph

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of (ek, out of, from, by) the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of (ek, out of, from, by) the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Mary didn’t conceive as a virgin because God was making a half breed godman. Mary didn’t conceive as a virgin because some being from heaven came down and morphed into her womb.

After Matthew gives us the book of Jesus’s lineage that goes from Abraham to David to Joseph, we are given that Mary, espoused to Joseph the son of David, conceived as a virgin to fulfill a SIGN. 

The child is Joseph’s, conceived not in the naturally way, but by the hand of God, by His Spirit as a SIGN, which serves to identify the child as the promised king of David’s throne. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: To. All……Jesus is indeed the “Sacrifice”, that “GOD GAVE” , to the world,  for the “PURPOSE”, of taking away the sins of the world.

Not that Jesus himself took away the sins of the world himself,

Me: Just read hereunder please:

John 1:29 The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him, and he saith: Behold the Lamb of God,

behold HIM who taketh away the sin of the world.

WHAT THE ABOVE VERSE SAYS CLEARLY?

IT EMPHATICALLY SAYS:

BEHOLD HIM……..

THE VERSE DOES NOT SAY:

BEHOLD who takes away the sin of the world.

You: if that were the case then there would be no sin at all in the world.

But sin still exists everywhere.

With your conclusion, you simply made it clear that you never understood what 

Jesus meant!

JESUS TOOK AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD  OF PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE, TO BE CLEAR

THROUGHOUT THE EXISTENCE OF THE WORLD!

CAN YOU SEE THAT?

READ PLEASE AND UNDERSTAND THE UNIQUE WAY TO ELIMINATE THE SINS OF THE WORLD BY JESUS’ OWN BLOOD, PRECISELY AS GOD IN JESUS ACCOMPLISHED ALL FOR OUR SAKE.

1John2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you,

that ye sin not.

And if any man sin,

we have an advocate with the Father,

Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins:

and not for ours only,

but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOW ATTENTION Gene, AND READ PLEASE:

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you,

All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:

but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:

but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost,

it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world,

neither in the world to come.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Nick
    Participant

It is even more important to ensure we have obeyed the command to be reborn in his name

Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering his REST, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. For indeed we have had the good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard.

The REST is the 1000 year reign of King Jesus Christ on earth, the mighty promise of God for us to share with the Lord.

Nick
    Participant

Heb 4, 1f

Nick
    Participant

Thank you Gene and Jodi.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

That is the start. After that, there are things that need to be done and discussed like believing the truth in scripture and teaching such. We need to be generous, loving, encouraging, and rebuking when false doctrine is preached.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.

So it is not by self effort that we can become like our Master by by the work of the Spirit in us. Striving is uselessness so it is by daily submission seeking forgiveness for our failures that we become useful vessels.

Nevertheless the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal “The Lord knows those who are His and everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness”

Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonour. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from these things he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.

2Tim 2.19

Nick……Amen to that brother.

peace and love to you and yours Nick………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Your doctrine doesn’t add up and I am not seeing explanation from you with scripture, that might provide reconciliation where I could then consider a change to my position.

Matthew 16: 27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Matthew 19: 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration (New Birth) when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory…34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD.

Before Jesus’s death, he asked God to glorify him with the glory he, THE SON OF MAN, had of God before the world was.

Berean, Jesus preaches of his coming glory, teaching directly that it is glory unto the Son of Man and preaching ASLO that it was prepared since the creation of the world. 

Just prior to his death we are not to believe he was asking God for the very glory he preached of? Absurd!!

Even when Stephen through the Holy Spirit declares that he sees the Son of Man in his glory in heaven with God, you continue to deny.

Berean, comprehend what the word EXALTED means, ELEVATED/RAISED and to whom was in fact said to be EXALTED to God’s right hand, THE SON OF MAN. Then stop ignoring that this was in fact God’s word before the world was. With this truth, then of course we are told that the anointed Jesus is he who God created all things by reason of and for. A man is the firstfruits of God’s Spirit, and this man is anointed to execute God’s will that had been declared by God from the beginning, which is to fulfill God becoming ALL IN ALL. With this truth, then of course we are told that all things consist in him and that he is before all things.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

SEEK YE FIRST does not suggest anything?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Truly, Truly I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

jn  3.3

Is it not important to be able to see the kingdom before teaching and rebuking?

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

“God knows those who are His.”

We do not and that is why we rely on the testimony of those who claim to be teachers.

Paul gave us his testimony several times as recorded in scripture.

Yours could be of help to the kingdom too.

Viewing 20 posts - 24,841 through 24,860 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account