JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,061 through 21,080 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Jesus preexisted his humanity as a STONE.

Hi Mike,

“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that
    spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.” (1 Cor 10:4)

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
    This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.” (Psalms 118:22-23)

Ed J
    Participant

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.(Mathew 1:23)

God bless

Hi Berean,

“Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
    neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” (John 14:17)

Do you agree that according to John 14:17: the same God that was dwelling with them would also be in them?

“Yes” or “No” ?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike:  Do you agree that John the Baptizer made a statement about THE WORD in John 1:15…?

Ed:  No

Cool.  So let’s examine the issue and see who’s right, okay?

The Word became flesh…

Who or what became flesh?  “The Word”, right?  Okay…

…and made his dwelling among us.

Who or what made his dwelling among us?  Still “the Word”, right?  Okay…

We have seen his glory…

Whose glory have we seen?  Well, since there hasn’t yet been a change of subject, it is “the Word’s” glory, right?  And what did “the Word’s” glory resemble?

…the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Ah… so it was “the Word” who became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  And it was “the Word’s” glory we saw, and that glory was that of an only son of the heavenly Father.  That’s what the text says anyway.

John testified concerning him.

Who did John testify concerning?  Well, we still haven’t changed subjects… which means we’re still talking about “the Word”, right?  So what exactly did John testify concerning “the Word”?

He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

Okay… that is a very specific thing John testified concerning “the Word”.  If you disagree, please show me where, in the course of verses 14 and 15, the Apostle John changed the subject he was writing about.

Ed J
    Participant

Mike,

You need to answer my question first, since I already answered your question regarding John 1:15

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
    the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

Do you agree that since John 6:63 says words are spirit, therefore “The Word” is Spirit?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Then I’ll answer your next question.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed:  Do you agree that since John 6:63 says words are spirit, therefore “The Word” is Spirit?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Absolutely not.  And an assumption that the word “word” (logos or rhema) always refers to the same thing in scripture is irrational, and easily refuted by the scriptures themselves.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed: Hi Mike,

“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that
    spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.” (1 Cor 10:4)

“The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
    This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.” (Psalms 118:22-23)

Well would you look at that, Jodi and Gene?  Ed has already found two scriptures that confirm my pretend notion that God raised up Jesus from a stone – meaning that Jesus preexisted his humanity as a rock. 😂

Hey Ed, how about addressing the point of that post?   IF God HAD chosen to raise up this particular seed of David (Jesus) from a stone, would it be factual to say that Jesus preexisted his humanity as a stone?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…..subject matter did change   it started out speaking about God ‘s word, comming to fulfillment,  the it goes from God to the “man” Jesus’ that is what you people are failing to see.  GOD’S DID PREEXIST, “JESUS DIDN’T” ..JUST THAT SIMPLE Jesus came in to his flesh existence when he c was born exactly like we are From a women, what God had long ago prophesied though the prophets , came to be the “flesh” man Jesus,  as far a Jesus being the word of God,  he never was God’s word m God and his word are “one and the same being”. When The Holy Spirit came to be “in” Jesus  then Jesus became a Son of GOD, EXACTLY AS WE DO.  That is t h e truth, believe it or not.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is for both Gene and Jodi to answer.

Is this statement what you believe, yes, no, or don’t know.

The messiah’s name is Jesus and also The Word of God. He is Jesus but he is not The Word of God.

Yes or no.

I realise you will not an answer this directly because both of you are not honest people. Can you see the deceit in your heart now? You know your true answer means you lose the debate, so you prefer to ignore the question. Shame on you guys. God can see the deceit. He is not blind.

Berean
    Participant

Edj

You:

Hi Berean,

“Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
    neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” (John 14:17)

Do you agree that according to John 14:17: the same God that was dwelling with them would also be in them?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Me

Yes, the Spirit of God AND Christ would be in them at Pentcost’s day….

Ed J
    Participant

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.(Mathew 1:23)

God bless

Hi Berean,

“Yes” or “No” ?

Yes, the Spirit of God AND Christ would be in them at Pentcost’s day….

Hi Berean,

It’s good when we agree! 🙂

“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me,
    he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and WE will come unto him,
    and make OUR abode with him.” (John 14:23)

1 The Spirit of God
    2 The Spirit of Christ

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that (1)the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not (2)the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” (Romans 8:9)

Ed J
    Participant

Mike,

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
    the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63)

Do you agree that since John 6:63 says words are spirit, therefore “The Word” is Spirit?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Absolutely not.

Hi Mike,

Are you going to ask another question or give a speech?

“The Lord gave “The Word”: great was the company of those that published it.” (Psalms 68:11)

We know words were given, and they are spirit according to John 6:63. Here’s my next question:

“The Word” according to Psalm 68:11 is “The Bible” – do you agree?

“Yes” or “no” ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all….. The spirit of Christ is not the “man” Jesus, it is the anointing Spirit of God the Father, that Jesus had on him, that he recieved after his baptizm, by John. If anyone dosen’t know that, they haven’t begun to understand the truth yet.

The problem hear is people don’t seem able to “seperate”,  the “anointing” from the “anointed”.  JESUS IS NOT THE ANOINTING HE HAD “ON” HIM,  HE IS THE RECEIVER OF THAT HOLY ANOINTING  THE SAME SPIRIT OF  those who  also have been given it, have in them, also, the Spirit of the Living God.  It was that anointing Spirit that was following the Isrealites in the wilderness, not the man Jesus. Jesus did not even exist at that time. 

The whole  idea the the “anointing Spirit of God”,  means the man Jesus is a blaintly lie.  

Jesus is the “anointed” one , not the  “anointing” itself, that was on him. 

Jesus is not the word of God, but tells us those words given him ,by God,  just the same as MOSES AND ALL THE PROPHETS DID?  They spoke the word of God to us all, “not” their “words” . 

You people say you believe Jesus, them why not believe what he himself said, “then words I am telling you are “NOT” my words, but the words of him that sent me. 

Peace and love to you all and yours. …………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all.. …Why not try to understand what a “word is”. First. 

Help for you , a words is an “intellegent”,  “utterance”.  Nothing more or nothing less. When you speak a word,  you are uttering you thoughts , you thoughts are being convaide to another from your mind.  “Your” words are a direct expression of you and only you. 

God and his “words” are one and the same being,  Jesus is not God, nor are his “own” words God the Fathers words either, he has told us all that clearly. “THE WORDS I AM TELLING YOU ARE “NOT” MY WORDS, BUT THE WORDS OF HIM THAT SENT ME. Who here is not able to understand that?  DO you people really believe what Jesus himself said, it sure does not look like it. 

Trying to turn  a Word  into a flesh person, only shows ignorant people really are.

Peace and love to you all and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I did answer you about THE SON OF MAN COMING IN HIS OWN GLORY, read reply #866735.

Jodi
    Participant

Proclaimer,

YOU:

Jodi, is this statement what you believe, yes, no, or don’t know.

The messiah’s name is Jesus and also The Word of God. He is Jesus but he is not The Word of God.

Yes or no.

And I realise you will not an answer this directly because you are not honest enough. Can you see the deceit in your heart now?

ME:

Proclaimer, I don’t read the verse and see it as you do, so your question doesn’t work. 

Reading that verse and then reflecting on what Jesus’s name means, made it so clear, so obvious.

Is not the NAME of our Messiah in and of itself THE WORD OF GOD?

YES, it most certainly is!! JESUS = “YHVH IS SALVATION”, which is the word of God. 

THE WORD OF GOD that we have been told all throughout the bible is “YHVH IS SALVATION”, which is our Messiah’s NAME!!

Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

his name is JESUS, “YHVH is salvation”, which is the word of God.  

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

Maybe one day you will understand and believe that Jesus IS THE OWN SON OF GOD (ROMANS 8: 3,32) I pray for this.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

To all….. The spirit of Christ is not the “man” Jesus

Hi Gene,

If you believe that, then you need to smudge this verse out of your bible…

“Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify,
    when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.” (1 Peter 1:11)

The bread from heaven (Christ) being born in the house of bread (Bethlehem)
    This is talking about “The spirit of Christ” that Jesus was born with…

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of
    Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” (Micah 5:2)

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: To all.. …Why not try to understand what a “word is”. First.

ME: WHY NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND FIRST

FROM GOD’S SIDE POINT OF VIEW AND HIS WAYS WHY

JESUS IS 

THE WORD OF GOD?

WHEN WILL YOU AND Jodi GET IT INTO YOUR CARNAL MIND THAT WE ARE  DISCUSSING and DEALING WITH GOD AND HIS UNFATHOMABLE WORK?

Isaiah 55: For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

11So shall my word be,

which shall go forth from my (SPIRITUAL) mouth: it shall not return to me VOID,

DOES your word Gene, AFTER IT LEAVES YOUR CARNAL MOUTH, RETURNS TO YOU, NEVER MIND NOT EMPTY?

but it shall do whatsoever I please,

DOES your word DO WHATEVER YOU PLEASE Gene?

9and shall prosper in the things for which I sent it.

DOES your word PROSPER AS WELL Gene?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer, I don’t read the verse and see it as you do, so your question doesn’t work.

Its not a verse Jodi but purely a statement worded by me.

Do you believe that statement?

Yes, No, I don’t know. Here it is again.

Do not let deceit in your heart win again. Be honest and let light into the darkness where deceit lies.

Is the statement true or false?

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Greek
    eipen autoiV o ihsouV amhn amhn legw umin prin abraam genesqai egw eimi

BEFORE

prin

prin

adverb from pro – pro 4253; prior, sooner:–before (that), ere.

Viewing 20 posts - 21,061 through 21,080 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account