JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,221 through 20,240 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike:  It is Jehovah who is saying all of these words.  Is it your contention that Jehovah had his origins in the ancient past?

LU:  The One who became a giver and a receiver of the eternal substance, was eternal in the past and then at the onset of the process of begetting, the origin of a relationship of father and son began.

The “One who became a giver and a receiver” must have been “Jehovah” even before the clone split, right?  Because “Jehovah” is from everlasting to everlasting, right?

Isaiah 40:28 
    Have you not known? Have you not heard? Jehovah is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. 

Psalm 90:2

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

LU:  So, in a sense, the Father has a beginning (an origin) as well as the Son has a beginning (an origin).

But wait… according to the scriptures I just posted, the “Jehovah” who is eternal (no origins) is the “Jehovah” who created the whole world.  So according to your theory, that couldn’t have been either the Father OR the Son – since you say they both have origins.  Kathi, your scenario begins with one God who is eternal, and ends with two Gods – neither of whom are eternal.  They’re made of “eternal stuff”, but they themselves aren’t eternal.  And your scenario doesn’t allow for them to already be two different persons inside the original “cell” – because the split of the first cell would also split the persons in half.  The original would retain half of each person, while the duplicate cell would be comprised of the other half of each of them.

Okay, so far we know from Isaiah 40 and Psalm 90 that the one identified as “Jehovah” is eternal.  And we know from Micah that this eternal “Jehovah” is going to bring someone forth out of Bethlehem who is NOT eternal, but has ancient origins.  Who is that one with origins in the ancient past who was eventually brought forth from Bethlehem to rule God’s people?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: In verses 27 and 30, they identify Jesus – not as the one to whom they prayed or the one who created everything – but instead as the holy servant OF the one to whom they prayed… the holy servant OF the one who created everything.

How do you reconcile this with your doctrine?  Same question for Kathi and Berean.

Carmel: Hi Mike,

me: VERY SIMPLE!

The Father and the Son ETERNALLY EXISTED TOGETHER.

Um… that doesn’t even answer my question.  Let’s begin again…

In the prayer in Acts 4, the apostles pray to the one who created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.  Carmel, WHO were they praying to?

carmel
    Participant

Hi LU and ALL,

YOU: We start counting the days from the point of birth because we can never be sure when the point of conception was.

WE are children of Eve, PHYSICALLY SPEAKING.

Three hours ago I read that we in relation to the egg of the woman, are within our mother,

ON HER CONCEPTION in her MOTHER.

SO ON OUR BIRTH, WE HAVE TO ADD THE AGE OF THE MOTHER WHEN SHE WAS CONCEIVED.

IN MY CASE  I HAVE TO ADD 20 YEARS, WHEN I WAS CONCEIVED IN HER WOMB.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You: Um… that doesn’t even answer my question.  Let’s begin again…

In the prayer in Acts 4, the apostles pray to the one who created the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them.

ME: THROUGH THE SON “THE WORD” Jesus 

ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM, and ALL FOR HIM

THE KINGDOM OF THE SON/GOD

Carmel, WHO were they praying to?

IT IS IRRELEVANT WHOM WERE THEY PRAYING TO

it is the actual process OF CREATION which

COUNTS

Luke 10:22  ALL THINGS

are delivered to me( UNDER JESUS’ POWER) by my Father.

WHY MIKE THE FATHER GAVE ALL THINGS TO JESUS?

OBVIOUS:

AS HE DIED FOR ALL THINGS, FOR HIS OWN KINGDOM!not THE FATHER!

WHATEVER GOD THE FATHER CREATED, THROUGH HIS SON

GOT CORRUPTED,

THUS THANKS TO HIS SON: 

SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev. 13:8 

HE RESTORED AND PERFECTED ALL BY HIS OWN DEATH, 

A DEATH WHICH THE FATHER COULD NOT EVEN SMELL!

BY WHICH DEATH GOD THE FATHER RESTED, and

THE NEW FATHER OF ALL BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT BECAME 

PROPRIETOR

SINCE THE OLD FATHER DELIVERED ALL THINGS TO HIS SON!

THE NEW FATHER of the new world to come Isaiah 9:6

now read

And no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father:

and who the Father is, but the Son and

to whom the Son will reveal him.

in his presence!

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You said:

But wait… according to the scriptures I just posted, the “Jehovah” who is eternal (no origins) is the “Jehovah” who created the whole world. So according to your theory, that couldn’t have been either the Father OR the Son – since you say they both have origins. Kathi, your scenario begins with one God who is eternal, and ends with two Gods – neither of whom are eternal. They’re made of “eternal stuff”, but they themselves aren’t eternal. And your scenario doesn’t allow for them to already be two different persons inside the original “cell” – because the split of the first cell would also split the persons in half. The original would retain half of each person, while the duplicate cell would be comprised of the other half of each of them.

Okay, so far we know from Isaiah 40 and Psalm 90 that the one identified as “Jehovah” is eternal. And we know from Micah that this eternal “Jehovah” is going to bring someone forth out of Bethlehem who is NOT eternal, but has ancient origins. Who is that one with origins in the ancient past who was eventually brought forth from Bethlehem to rule God’s people?

Mike, the relationship has origins, not their existence. Look at the picture of the closed mitosis to help. Also, all things were made by the firstborn, therefore the creation that is mentioned in your passages took place after the relationship was established and the Son was begotten since only then would there even be the Son as the Firstborn. Nice try though. Another thing, I am not presenting a division of substance resulting in a half of substance in one and a half of substance in another, nor would it be considered a cloning. Asexual reproduction leads to a father and son complete in substance according to type. See the diagram for that also.

Later, LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Maybe you’re joking but in case you are serious, the human mother has within her an eggs that someday will possibly become person/persons. Until it is fertilized, that egg is not a person because persons have 46 chromosomes but an egg only has 23. The egg requires the other 23 chromosomes to come from a sperm. Biology 101 🙂

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: Carmel, WHO were they praying to?

Carmel: IT IS IRRELEVANT WHOM WERE THEY PRAYING TO

What?!?  It’s irrelevant who Jesus’ apostles prayed to?  Please answer the question – no matter how “irrelevant” you believe it to be.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU: Mike, the relationship has origins, not their existence.

Okay, let’s go even slower then…  There couldn’t be a “their” in the original cell unless there were already two individual sentient persons.  So is that your claim?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

ME: John14:13Because I go to the Father: and

whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do:….

In the above Mike Jesus said that

we PRAY to the Father IN HIS NAME and

HE

JESUS DOES ALL FOR US.

THUS IT’S NOT TO WHOM WE PRAY WHICH COUNTS BUT

THE ACTUAL PROCESS 

THE PROCESS WHICH JESUS ESTABLISHED ON HIS DEATH

THE FRUIT INITIATED IN THE VERY BEGINNING WHEN 

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD……….AND THE WOR WAS GOD!

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

You said:

Okay, let’s go even slower then… There couldn’t be a “their” in the original cell unless there were already two individual sentient persons. So is that your claim?

The original one had within itself the potential to become both a father and a son, their substance was within the original one before it went through the begetting process.

Lightenup
    Participant

t8

You said: And given that other translations translate it simply as ‘lord’, then this is a fail.

You need to dig a little deeper. We know that many translations translate the name YHWH as LORD but that doesn’t mean He is not Jehovah does it.

Anyway, you post greek interlinear passages when I posted a translation that is not from a Greek manuscript which does nothing for the conversation. You ought to be looking at the Syriac Peshitta interlinear for the OT and the NT and compare the word translated as the Lord Jehovah in Philippians 2:10 with the word for the Lord Jehovah in the OT in the Syriac Peshitta. You will see the same word which only applies to the tetragrammaton.

Study this paper on the subject to help you understand: http://aramaicnt.com/files/MarYah%20in%20Peshitta.pdf

carmel
    Participant

Hi, Mike,

YOU: Carmel: IT IS IRRELEVANT WHOM WERE THEY PRAYING TO

What?!?  It’s irrelevant who Jesus’ apostles prayed to?  Please answer the question – no matter how “irrelevant” you believe it to be.  Thanks.

ME:Mike please be honest and produce

MY WHOLE SENTENCE, NOT ONLY WHAT PLEASES YOU! I SAID:

IT IS IRRELEVANT WHOM WERE THEY PRAYING TO

it is the actual process OF CREATION which

COUNTS

Now read:

Acts 4

24 When they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God

. “Sovereign Lord,” they said,

Now the above was not sufficient for you in order to make your point THAT GOD IS THE CREATOR! AND CONTINUED AND SAID:

“you made

the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.

THUS YOU COMMITTED YOURSELF AND SIMPLY PRODUCED

THE WHOLE  DECLARATION,BUT WITH YOUR CARNAL MINDED UNDERSTANDING YOU 

IGNORED THE SPIRITUAL HIDDEN UNDERSTANDING

WHICH IS WHAT JESUS, GOD’S SERVANT CAME TO ESTABLISH ON THIS MORTAL CARNAL PLANET!

What according to you the above  CREATION WHICH GOD CREATED IS 

MADE OF?

IN ONE INSTANT, Mike they prayed to

THE LORD and also 

mentioned 

“THE WORD” Jesus, THE SON OF MAN, GOD’S SERVANT! hidden in the 

ENTIRE PROCESS MENTIONED BY THE APOSTLES.

SO IT’S NOT ENOUGH TO MENTION

JUST

THE LORD MIKE!

THE LORD ON HIS OWN MEANS  NOTHING!

GOD THE FATHER ON HIS OWN MIKE IS 

ABSOLUTELY 

USELESS

now read AGAIN:

And no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father:
    and who the Father is, but the Son and
    to whom the Son will reveal him.
    in his presence!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Carmel: JESUS DOES ALL FOR US

THUS IT’S NOT TO WHOM WE PRAY WHICH COUNTS BUT THE ACTUAL PROCESS 

Yes, our and Jesus’ God has certainly given his servant Jesus a ton of power and authority.  But my question still awaits an answer…

Who did the apostles pray to in Acts 4?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

LU:  The original one had within itself the potential to become both a father and a son, their substance was within the original one before it went through the begetting process.

Okay, but I want to know if the original One consisted of two individual entities.  You used the word “their”, which made me think you believe there were two sentient minds in the original One.  Is that what you think?  Or was the original One a single entity/mind?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Carmel: GOD THE FATHER ON HIS OWN MIKE IS ABSOLUTELY USELESS

No.

Carmel: Mike they prayed to THE LORD…

Which Lord?  There are tons of them.  Were they praying to Jesus?  He’s a Lord.  Beelzebub?  He’s also a Lord.  Jehovah?  He’s a Lord too.  Which one were they praying to in Acts 4?  What’s his name?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Oh who can fathom…from the One mind came both. Jesus is the wisdom of God.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi LU,

YOU:

Jodi,

You said: Lamsa added it in based upon his own theology…

I think you need to dig a little deeper than that.

Again, look at this and you will see that there is sufficient reason to translate the original word in the  as “Lord Jehovah.” I know that it is a direct hit to your doctrine and hard to accept but you would do well to purchase the original text with the interlinear and see that the word translated as “Lord Jehovah” is found throughout the OT and the NT for the tetragrammaton, YHWH.

http://aramaicnt.com/files/MarYah%20in%20Peshitta.pdf

ME: I counter that with, 

https://everlastinggoodnewsofyahweh.info/MarYah.html

Jodi
    Participant

Hi LU,

Rev 15: 4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify THY NAME? for thou ONLY ART HOLY: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Acts 17: 31 Because HE hath appointed a day, in the which HE will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom HE hath ordained; whereof HE hath given assurance unto all men, in that HE hath raised him from the dead.

Matthew 19: 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Who is “he” that says there is none good but ONE?

Who is “he” that FEARS YHWH because His Spirit is upon him?

Who is “he” who judges the world in righteousness and how is it that he is able to judge?

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of YHWH shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of YHWH: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Berean
    Participant

Jodi and Gene

COLOSSIANS 1: 16b-17  this is about Jesus Christ

… all things were created by him, and for him:

[17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU…..YOUR AND OTHERS problem here is not understanding the Greek word “dia” in it’s a true Greek meaning, even though I have posted it here many times, It is ease to just go to Strongs explanation of the word and apply it to the text. YOU will see it should be translated as , “for the purpose of, as a channel or purpose which GOD CREATED ALL THINGS.  Jesus never create anything himself.  He even would not allow people to call him good, as scriptures clearly says, which Jodi has brought out above.

The problem with you people here is, that you really do not “truly” believe,  what Jesus himself says as truth,  But have chosen to believe in a false JESUS that “mystery religion” has created.

Remember what Jesus said, ““many will come in my name saying I am christ and DECIEVE “MANY”.  THE Jesus you people are preaching is a false Jesus. 2ths2.  Shows the Jesus you people are preaching. I realize you are not aware of it, and that’s the sad parts, but you are not alone, most  all believe the way you and others here do. That’s the “wide way that leads to destruction”,  but we are told to go through the “narrow”  gate that leads to life. 

I and Jodi, nor I  believe Mike,  sees Jesus  the way you people see him. If we see Jesus as a God, then we are breaking the First commandment and have become Idolaters.  by believing Jesus is a God.  GOD the Father will never accept  “Idolaters “. IMO  when Jesus said “that they might know you the “ONLY” true God”.  he was not lying LU.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 20,221 through 20,240 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account