Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,701 through 1,720 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Dec. 01 2010,03:16)
    Irene,

I inquired of you what you did to worship God. You stated that you took care of your own only.You said you belonged to the ww church of God ,but you left,and that no one worshiped correctly enough to suit you, so  you do nothing. You said the poor and homeless were lazy and didn't deserve your help. The  statement you just made about me doesn't mean much to me coming from someone who can say things like that. I love you-Mark

Mark! when you make a statement like that, you better have prove that I said all the things you accuse me of. Yoy need to quote the post. If you mean that I don't belong to a organized religion that is true. The Churches mostly believe in the trinity doctrine, which is not Biblical at all. What you seem to not want to believe is Scriptures like

The next post

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 30 2010,01:33)
    Mark!  If you believe that Almighty God in one God and there is none beside Him, then IMO we should worship God alone.  
    Psa 82:1 ¶ [[A Psalm of Asaph.]] God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.  

Isa 42:8   I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.  

Exd 8:10   And he said, To morrow. And he said, [Be it] according to thy word: that thou mayest know that [there is] none like unto the LORD our God.  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Isa 45:18 ¶ For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.  

Isa 46:9   Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; God, and [there is] none like me,  

In all of these Old Testament Scriptures LORD is in all capital letters, signifying that Almighty God is LORD, there is none besides Him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

And by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of men.  It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who after three brutal and bloody century came up with the trinity.  It was Constantine who made it into law at the first ecumenical council in Nicea.

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.  

We should all heed that warning….IMO    IRENE

These Scriptures tell me to worship Almighty God only…..There is no trinity. The Holy Spirit is not a person, not the third person of the trinity, but The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God….Jesus us not equal to Almighty God……Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,22:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 30 2010,19:09)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 30 2010,11:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 28 2010,20:55)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,08:13)
    Pierre,
    Interesting question.  We will be perfect and will always do what the Father and Son ask.

Hi Kathi,

I have to agree with Pierre on this one.  It would seem that being immortal and having a heavenly body does not make one “perfect” and mean they obey all of God's commands.  For Satan and a third of God's angels do not fit in with this reasoning.

I believe we are being perfected as we learn truth.  But God doesn't want robots who can't possibly mess up.  He wants faithful servants who know the rules completely and CHOOSE not to mess up.

He wants a bunch of little Jesus' running around heaven! :)

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,
    I wouldn't equate 'perfect' with 'programmed.'  We will be perfect, not robots.  And we won't be a lot of 'little Jesus's' running around.  God made us all unique and we will continue to be unique but even better, we will truly be what He meant for us to be and we will be perfect at it and perfect in character too.  It is going to be awesome.

Hi Kathi,

I don't like made up words like “eternal essence”, so I will bail out of that conversation.

But on the “perfect” thing………..do you think those who are made “perfect” will no longer have the capability of sinning?

I don't.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

we all will be made perfect at the end wen we have understand the rule of God ,
    what it seems no understand here

this question I have ask to Kathi, but she does not respond yet.

all the understanding of Christ lays on that.

Pierre

Pierre,
    I have answered you twice and you keep telling me that I am wrong. If you disagree you do not show me why.

Why would you say that I haven't responded to you? Go back and look…I answered you twice.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Dec. 01 2010,15:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 29 2010,22:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 30 2010,19:09)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 30 2010,11:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 28 2010,20:55)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 29 2010,08:13)
    Pierre,
    Interesting question.  We will be perfect and will always do what the Father and Son ask.

Hi Kathi,

I have to agree with Pierre on this one.  It would seem that being immortal and having a heavenly body does not make one “perfect” and mean they obey all of God's commands.  For Satan and a third of God's angels do not fit in with this reasoning.

I believe we are being perfected as we learn truth.  But God doesn't want robots who can't possibly mess up.  He wants faithful servants who know the rules completely and CHOOSE not to mess up.

He wants a bunch of little Jesus' running around heaven! :)

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,
    I wouldn't equate 'perfect' with 'programmed.'  We will be perfect, not robots.  And we won't be a lot of 'little Jesus's' running around.  God made us all unique and we will continue to be unique but even better, we will truly be what He meant for us to be and we will be perfect at it and perfect in character too.  It is going to be awesome.

Hi Kathi,

I don't like made up words like “eternal essence”, so I will bail out of that conversation.

But on the “perfect” thing………..do you think those who are made “perfect” will no longer have the capability of sinning?

I don't.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

we all will be made perfect at the end wen we have understand the rule of God ,
    what it seems no understand here

this question I have ask to Kathi, but she does not respond yet.

all the understanding of Christ lays on that.

Pierre

Pierre,
    I have answered you twice and you keep telling me that I am wrong.  If you disagree you do not show me why.

Why would you say that I haven't responded to you?  Go back and look…I answered you twice.

Kathi

no you never give me the answer of what was the rule (s) in heaven.

it is the rule of LOVE ,Kathi,but my question to you is now ,what is the LOVE of God?? and does it apply??

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Dec. 01 2010,02:06)

Mark!  If you believe that Almighty God in one God and there is none beside Him, then IMO we should worship God alone.  
    Psa 82:1 ¶ [[A Psalm of Asaph.]] God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.  

Isa 42:8   I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.  

Exd 8:10   And he said, To morrow. And he said, [Be it] according to thy word: that thou mayest know that [there is] none like unto the LORD our God.  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Isa 45:18 ¶ For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.  

Isa 46:9   Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; God, and [there is] none like me,  

In all of these Old Testament Scriptures LORD is in all capital letters, signifying that Almighty God is LORD, there is none besides Him.

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

The trinity doctrine is not of God, but of men.  It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who after three brutal and bloody century came up with the trinity.  It was Constantine who made it into law at the first ecumenical council in Nicea.

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.  

These Scriptures tell me to worship Almighty God only…..There is no trinity.  The Holy Spirit is not a person, not the third person of the trinity, but The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God….Jesus us not equal to Almighty God……Irene

so its ok to believe that the Holy Spirit is Gods spirit yet the Holy spirit is something other than God and is mentioned many times to be seperate from God the Father?

Irene, is the Holy Spirit God or part of God??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 01 2010,17:38)

These Scriptures tell me to worship Almighty God only…..There is no trinity.  The Holy Spirit is not a person, not the third person of the trinity, but The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God….Jesus us not equal to Almighty God……Irene

so its ok to believe that the Holy Spirit is Gods spirit yet the Holy spirit is something other than God and is mentioned many times to be seperate from God the Father?

SF

what that mean being a part of God??

you mean like a spare part??

Pierre

JustAskin
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God…

The Holy Spirit is the energising force of God, God's power and Life giver. It has many facets of power which are shown as 'Gifts' in Scriptures, particularly at Pentecost.
    It is all pervasive, but only given in measure as much as a sinful man can manage, Jesus having full measure being sinless.

God never leaves his seat of power, God IS all power and Authority. This is exposed from Him as the Holy Spirit, it is not separate from God, it is the exposure of God.
    Hence, Jesus is given authority over this exposure, the Holy Spirit, like a light from a lamp can be managed by a lid, a little open, a little closed, holes, a stream of lighg here, there, whereever…the power of God managed to each as Jesus directs it.
    But it is not unintelligent. It is not unintelligent power, for it has authority to act in accordance with a will of it's own…and this is how many come to mistakenly think of the Holy Spirit as a person.
    If you say to the intelligent light, 'Go here', or 'go there…shine there', 'shine there', then 'God forbid' that anyone should try to stop it or dissuade it (Do not greive it for it will not forgive you…if you speak against the Spirit of truth…how can you be forgiven)
    The Holy Spirit then, is the TRUTH of God, if you spurn it's light you sourn your life.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 30 2010,21:31)
    I'm not stupid enough to get into an argueing contest with you .

Hi Mark,

It isn't arguing if both decide to believe the scriptures for what they say.  I personally think you're scared to face the truth Mark.  You have nested yourself comfortably in this “Jesus is God”  belief, and you don't want to move.  

Why?  I would think you would be chomping at the bit to lead another Christian to the REAL truth.  I know I am………but then again, I know of what I speak.  You know of what men have taught you.

Mark, if you're right and Jesus IS God, then why won't you help your fellow Christian to find this truth?  Come.  Let's discuss the scriptures and see what they really say.

I've noticed that you refuse to answer a couple simple trinity questions.  Why is that?  Here are two of them:

1.  Mark, does your God have a God?

2.  Mark, why did it take 55 years before the Holy Spirit was awarded his rightful position as the third member of the Godhead by the early church fathers?

Mark, “You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.  You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!” – Jesus

peace and love,
    mike

JustAskin
    Participant

Mark,

Have you just joined this forum?

Do you not know that 'Trinity' has fallen in this forum.

Why is anyone debate…discussing it??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 01 2010,05:08)
    Hi Mike

Actually that is the correct translation found in every major translation on BlueletterBible.org.

It is the NWT that once again corrupts the meaning of the text.

Hi Keith,

So then Jesus took this sinner to Hades with him? And Hades is “paradise”?

Be smart Keith. Here's the actual Greek words:

and he said amen to you i am saying today with me you will be in the paradise

Now you must be smart enough to realize that it could mean:
    1. You will be with me in paradise today.
    2. I tell you today, that you will [some day] be with me in paradise.

How do we know which meaning is meant Keith? Oh yeah. Jesus didn't go to paradise that day, did he?

Come on man………too easy.

mike

JustAskin
    Participant

Mike,
    It is quite simple…
    Since the theif still needs to be judged, he could not have gone to paradise 'that day'.

The first resurrection sees therising of those who will be in Heaven.

The second rising will b those who are judged. Jesus is saying to the thief that all his sins will be forgiven but he will still will not be part of the heavenly host but in the new creation on earth in Paradise, as per God's original plan that must be fulfilled.

Even Jesus did not 'go to paradise THIS DAY' but went into the grave for THREE DAYS and THREE NIGHTS. And was further more on earth for many days before going back to heaven, although he did briefly present himself to God before that.
    [new] Paradise is on earth…it won't come in until after he hands power back to his Father.

Simply language and Scriptural logic.

The first way makes no logical sense nor palitable reasoning.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Nov. 30 2010,19:41)
    Jesus Is Immortal.

Yes D,

He is immortal.  His God granted him immortality when his God raised him from the dead.  He is now a servant of his God and sits at the right hand of his God awaiting his God to place his enemies as a footstool so he can then conquer them.

But he wasn't always immortal D.

Romans 6:9
    For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

What do the words “again” and “no longer” mean here D?  They mean that there was a time when Jesus could die – and we know he did………….for us.  They also mean there was a time when death DID have mastery over him.  But he was able to defeat death by his God raising him out of death's clutches.  Therefore, it NO LONGER has mastery over him.

This is something that Keith and Kathi need to work through D.  They seem to think that Jesus didn't really DIE-die, but only his fleshly body did.  They think that because God held on to his spirit and gave it back to him later, he didn't really die.  But if he didn't, then neither has anyone, for God is holding on to everyone's spirit.  They will all be given back.  Some for only as long as it takes to be judged unfavorably, others, like Jesus, forever.

And also, if only Jesus' flesh died, then Paul's statement above about Jesus not being able to “die again” would be senseless, for Jesus no longer has a flesh body anyway.

Good scriptures btw. :)

peace and love to you,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

SF:

but its something you should understand that if this “great” leader/hero/rolemodel worshipped in Angel than so would you.
    its as simple as that, if he failed than so wuld you in the very same manner.
    What is there to learn from, we all would fail in the very same manner.

That's silly D.  We are able to learn from his mistake so we DON'T do the same thing if confronted with the same circustances.  Do you think that if you are ever put in Satan's position in the Garden of Eden, you would have no choice but to go against God as he did?  ???

SF:

How could you NOT worship Jesus, yet WORSHIP in ANGEL.
    Do you see the contradiction here?

Come on now D. :)  The angel said “DON'T DO IT!  WORSHIP ONLY GOD.”  If Jesus were ever worshipped, he would have said the same thing.  D, do you worship someone who is not God on a regular basis?

SF:

Yet John and Peter wanted to make ALTERS for them when they were in the mountain of transfiguration

What?!?  Alters?  ???

SF:

Does God not have the Power to be Your Saviour and Father and God almighty all in the same time?

What are you talking about?  God IS my Savior, Father and God Almighty at the same time.  ???  Jesus is His Son.  Have you met? :)

I don't know what a “Innocent Yound Man” is D.  But let's discuss the “Jesus is God” scriptures in my new thread, okay?  I think it's called “Scriptures that prove Jesus is God”.

See ya there……..if you're not “SCARED”!  :)

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ Dec. 01 2010,11:45)
    Even Jesus did not 'go to paradise THIS DAY' but went into the grave for THREE DAYS and THREE NIGHTS. And was further more on earth for many days before going back to heaven,

Yeah JA,

My first response to Mark was that Jesus didn't even go to paradise until 43 days after he said this.

But then Keith posted his “experts”, and around and around we go. :)

mike

Baker
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Dec. 01 2010,10:38)

can you read???? Thye Holy Spirit is God's Holy Spirit…..It is not apart frm God like the trinity…..Irene

terraricca
    Participant

all

the Holy spirit ;means that the will is of God ,and it can be send by an Angel,or could be in that spirit,
    the will does not change in quality because it is a angel who delivering the message or the action,200 million of them

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    Mark! I just read the post you made to shimmer. That is another problem. Addicting in this Country is running wild. And who knows when you give them Money what they do with it. My guess is buy more drugs. We have good programs to help those that are in need. Nobody should go hungry….I seen some on the highways young men, asking for money. And then I see signs at Mic. Donald's “Help Wanted.” So why can't they work? What they don't want to is the wages they get at such places… Yet the Mexicans have a Job…….They will work…….. We help Family and that is what is more important then to give to those that are lazy……..Peace and Love Irene

Recognise this Irene?

Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Dec. 01 2010,14:42)

Mark!  I just read the post you made to shimmer.  That is another problem. Addicting in this Country is running wild.  And who knows when you give them Money what they do with it.  My guess is buy more drugs. We have good programs to help those that are in need.  Nobody should go hungry….I seen some on the highways young men, asking for money.  And then I see signs at Mic. Donald's “Help Wanted.”  So why can't they work?  What they don't want to is  the wages they get at such places… Yet the Mexicans have a Job…….They will work…….. We help Family and that is what is more important then to give to those that are lazy……..Peace and Love Irene  

Recognise this Irene?

Mark, but that is far from what you think, I was talking about those young man that stand on the highway and hold there hands out….Young man that can work….. And yes we have good programs in this country to help those that really need help…..The reason i don't give to them, because who knows since so many are on drugs, what they would do with the money if you gave them money….Food is plenty to have in our City, the Food-bank. Also they that want a job can get a job. …..When we had our Business we always gave to them…..You also can't forget how old I am. But you don't care…..All you do is nick pick, one or two words out of what I said…..Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Dec. 01 2010,11:19)
    Mark,

Have you just joined this forum?

Do you not know that 'Trinity' has fallen in this forum.

Why is anyone debate…discussing it??

I think you might be on to something. I came here because I found the book of Enoch to read, and loved it. Maybe I am missing the big picture of here. Is there rules of core beliefs? Creed? Have I stumbled into a place not realizing what it believes? If I have, ask me to leave and I will, but I am not going to change what I believe, which I got reading the bible for myself. Peace-Mark

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Dec. 01 2010,21:42)

Mark!  I just read the post you made to shimmer.  That is another problem. Addicting in this Country is running wild.  And who knows when you give them Money what they do with it.  My guess is buy more drugs. We have good programs to help those that are in need.  Nobody should go hungry….I seen some on the highways young men, asking for money.  And then I see signs at Mic. Donald's “Help Wanted.”  So why can't they work?  What they don't want to is  the wages they get at such places… Yet the Mexicans have a Job…….They will work…….. We help Family and that is what is more important then to give to those that are lazy……..Peace and Love Irene  

Recognise this Irene?

Mark

are you help people to get lazy?

are you like to be in charge so people can depend on you ??

or do you help them to fish ?

or do you tell others how they should help others and so think that there contribution will be a part of your??

what is your view ???

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1,701 through 1,720 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account