Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cs,
    John 4 defines true worship and true worshippers.

Anonymous

Call Sign.
    Just a warning. Nick Hassan has been proven to be in error often on this forum. I advise you to be a berean, search the scriptures, and pray this one through.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome moped,
    Please tell us what you know on these matters as you clearly have superior knowledge we can learn from.

callsign
    Participant

Hey Nick,

20″(V)Our fathers worshiped in (W)this mountain, and you people say that (X)in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.”

21Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, (Y)an hour is coming when (Z)neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.

22″(AA)You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for (AB)salvation is from the Jews.

23″But (AC)an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father (AD)in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

24″God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship (AE)in spirit and truth.”

that is the verse you are having me read. Still nowhere does it state to not worship Jesus, please only quote the NT on this matter not the OT, Since Christ was not a forebaring Spirit to control our fate in the OT.

S

callsign
    Participant

Nick,

Also please answer why in REV did it state the elders bowed and worshipped both God and the Lamb.

S

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (callsign @ June 23 2005,00:20)
    Hey Nick,

20″(V)Our fathers worshiped in (W)this mountain, and you people say that (X)in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.”

21Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, (Y)an hour is coming when (Z)neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.

22″(AA)You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for (AB)salvation is from the Jews.

23″But (AC)an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father (AD)in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

24″God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship (AE)in spirit and truth.”

that is the verse you are having me read. Still nowhere does it state to not worship Jesus, please only quote the NT on this matter not the OT, Since Christ was not a forebaring Spirit to control our fate in the OT.

S

Hi cs,
    True worshippers worship the Father is what it says.

That is the worship he came to help us do, not to attract worshippers for himself but to lead us into relationship with the Father through him and enable us to worship in Spirit and truth by giving us the Spirit.

No it does not say not to worship Jesus but neither does it say there not to worship angels or men or pieces of wood or stone. That is not true worship.

But that would not be true worship.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,02:21)

Quote (callsign @ June 23 2005,00:20)
    Hey Nick,

S

Hi cs,
    True worshippers worship the Father is what it says.

That is the worship he came to help us do, not to attract worshippers for himself but to lead us into relationship with the Father through him and enable us to worship in Spirit and truth by giving us the Spirit.

No it does not say not to worship Jesus but neither does it say there not to worship angels or men or pieces of wood or stone. That is not true worship.

But that would not be true worship.

All the disciples were guilty of worshipping Christ:

Matt 14: 33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So that is what worship means to you? Bowing down to a greater being as to a Monarch or Lord? So we all should and will as Jesus is Lord and Master.

It does not compare with Jn 4 though does it?

Anonymous

Nick,

You have a G'day! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    Worship in Spirit is the wonderful ability to communicate in our temple\hearts with God and when we do not understand the needs we have to build ourselves up by prayer in the Spirit- the gift of tongues.
    Worship in truth is feeding on the bread of life, loving and thriving on the Word of God-and abiding in the teachings of our Master.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi all,

Where in the teaching of Jesus Christ and the apostles of the Lord is the instruction to worship Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God?

callsign
    Participant

Nick,

Where does it say not to, that was my question. Prove to me that what you're saying only worship God and don't worship Jesus whatsoever. I am not arguing because of mere arguement I believe in what I believe. Through many years of knowing what is right and wrong my spirit tells me to also worship, thank, honor, obey, bow, serve, give all that I am to Christ as well as God. If I am believing in a false spirit please rebuke me and show me for what I am doing is wrong, show me verse by verse. And I will humbly take my seat in this disagreement with the fundamentals of being a true Christian.

Samuel Adams

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CS,
    We are approaching the question from opposite ends. I say we do what we are told, and you say show me what we told not to do. Both are valid but I believe my approach is deeper.
    The ten commandments were only introduced by God because God had to. Commonsense had gone out of the window in the behaviours of man and his conscience was no longer a reliable guide so God gave negative boundaries always hoping men would understand that they were not to try to stay within those boundaries but to find the essence. Jesus explained it to the Jews when he came.

Love of God and Love of neighbour was the essence.

The commands of Jesus are not negative but positive. They tell us to do things. Those we should do and not look for what is banned so we believe what is not banned is acceptable or good.

What you suggest is right is not commanded.

Anonymous

Why did Christ ask His disciples who “the people” thought He was?

Why did Christ ask His disciples who “they” thought He was?

Why did Christ tell Peter and many others as well “not to tell” anyony that He was the Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI,
    He was searching for evidence that the planting of the Spirit had been effective as Peter showed it had when he declared Jesus was “the Christ, the Son of the living God”

He was wanting to do the work of God in him among men as much as he could without being challenged and frustrated by his deceived opponents before the time.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,17:28)
    HI,
    He was searching for evidence that the planting of the Spirit had been effective as Peter showed it had when he declared Jesus was “the Christ, the Son of the living God”

He was wanting to do the work of God in him among men as much as he could without being challenged and frustrated by his deceived opponents before the time.

What is the “planting of the spirit”

I've heard of the planting of the “word of God”, I don't understand.

Who was wanting to do the work of God in Peter:

“He was wanting to do the work of God in him among men as much as he could without being challenged and frustrated by his deceived opponents before the time.”

What?

NickHassan
    Participant

HI FYI,
    I did not think you would understand.

But the planting of the Word produced fruit in the Spirit in the mouth of Peter. The words Peter spoke were recognised by Jesus to be inspired of the Spirit of God and thus he rejoiced that his work as planter was effective.

The spirit of antichrist was alive and well and Jesus was aware that if it became widely known that he was the Messiah he would be less able to do the works of love thta God in him impelled him to do. He knew they would have to find him and kill him eventually but he was in no mood to hurry up that process.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,20:49)
    HI FYI,
    I did not think you would understand. But the planting of the Word produced fruit in the Spirit in the mouth of Peter. The words Peter spoke were recognised by Jesus to be inspired of the Spirit of God and thus he rejoiced that his work as planter was effective.

Nick,

You changed your statement to “fruit of the Spirit”

I want to know what “planting of the Spirit” is.

You changed the reading – do you know what your talking about?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    When Jesus taught the disciples he did not give them bibles. He, the living Word spoke the words of the Spirit to them thus planting the seed as in the parable of the sower.

“For faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God”.
    “This is the word preached to you.”
    “The words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and life”
    Such planting produced the fruit in Peter's mind and Peter's mouth.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,22:03)
    Hi FYI,
    When Jesus taught the disciples he did not give them bibles. He, the living Word spoke the words of the Spirit to them thus planting the seed as in the parable of the sower.

“For faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God”.
    “This is the word preached to you.”
    “The words that I have spoken to you are Spirit and life”
    Such planting produced the fruit in Peter's mind and Peter's mouth.

Nick,

True, but the “seed” is still the “word of God” – not the Spirit.

But I see the connection you are making.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account