Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2013,06:56)

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2013,07:59)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2013,11:53)
    Oh, David, it's so hard for you to admit that Jesus receives deity worship in the Bible.

All things were made by Him
    He is the Lord of all
    He is the Lion of Judah
    He is the Root of Jesse
    He is the First and the Last
    He is the Alpha and the Omega
    He is the Lord of lords
    He is the great Shepherd
    He is the Redeemer of Israel
    He purchased the church with His blood
    He is the head of the church
    His angels minister to Him…

Is He not worthy of your deity worship?

Kathi

We're does it says :that Christ his in fact God almighty the father ???

Wen you find this please let everyone know,

t-
    Where have I ever suggested that He was the Father? He is Almighty with the Father though.

Kathy

Yes Christ his mighty but not above his father ,or equal to his father ,
    He was created ,this is why they call him the son of God ,an son was never a son before he came forth,

david
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2013,11:56)

Quote (terraricca @ April 02 2013,07:59)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2013,11:53)
    Oh, David, it's so hard for you to admit that Jesus receives deity worship in the Bible.

All things were made by Him
    He is the Lord of all
    He is the Lion of Judah
    He is the Root of Jesse
    He is the First and the Last
    He is the Alpha and the Omega
    He is the Lord of lords
    He is the great Shepherd
    He is the Redeemer of Israel
    He purchased the church with His blood
    He is the head of the church
    His angels minister to Him…

Is He not worthy of your deity worship?

Kathi

We're does it says :that Christ his in fact God almighty the father ???

Wen you find this please let everyone know,

t-
    Where have I ever suggested that He was the Father? He is Almighty with the Father though.

Here's the thing:

We don't really have great proof that he is called “almighty.”

We have revelation which may be referring to “Jehovah” or may be referring to “Jesus.” That's the one time where Jesus is claimed to be called “almighty.”

On the other hand, we have 43 times where “Jehovah” (not Jesus) is unquestionably called “almighty.” In these instances it is usually the “father” or “Jehovah” who is called God “almighty.” But in all 43 cases, it is obvious that is is Jehovah and not Jesus. Well, I'm actually including the relation scripture in with the 43 I guess.

Jehovah– 42 times, unquestionably called “almighty.”
    Jesus–in revelation, he might be called this, but its also possible it's Jehovah that is called this in revelation.

So, you can say he is “almighty.” What is clear from scripture is that Jehovah, the father is almighty. It's not really so clear that Jesus is, although he is called “mighty” a few times.

David.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2013,14:55)
    Btw, t8…Jesus as the firstborn is not the prototype…the Father is the prototype. That came to me tonight during Hebrew class…you're welcome!

Ke, he is the prototype son.

How does that make him God?

It doesn't.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ April 03 2013,22:41)
    Jehovah– 42 times, unquestionably called “almighty.”
    Jesus–in revelation, he might be called this………..

Can there be more than one “Almighty” god?  Doesn't “Almighty” mean “the mightiest of the mighty”?   How can there be two mightiests?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 03 2013,21:07)
    The word used here for worship is thréskeia.

Interesting. Thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……Phi 3:3…..> For we are the circumcision, which “WORSHIP” God in the Spirit, “and” rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Notice what is it says, we “worship God” it does not say we worship Jesus, But God, and we “rejoice” in Christ Jesus

John 4:24…… Jesus said this,> God is a “SPIRIT” and they that “WORSHIP” him must worship in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.

Nothing is said about worshiping Jesus or him being a Spiirt or God either, we have no commandment to worship Jesus or any son of God that i know of. . WE are to Worship God ONLY and no other. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Satan tempted Jesus to proskynēsēs him.

We are to proskynēseis only God.

Neither form is used in relation to Jesus though I believe they share a root to those of words that were. Something to look into.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Jesus is our Master not our GOD of any kind, we are called to do what the Master tells us so we can grow and mature and overcome this world and everything in it, we are called along side Jesus and just  as He said “it is enough that the servant be as the Master, or the student as the teacher”, that is what is all about ,it is not about us “WORSHIPING” or making Jesus a “little god” , but us coming to Worship who Jesus worshiped and obeyed, the ONE AND “ONLY” TRUE GOD who Jesus obeyed > IMO

peace and love to you all and yours……………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus said he was
    “ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God”
    Jn 20.17

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 Peter 3
    14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15 but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

hi

scriptures do not mean anything if you do not understand them

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    We worship the Lord God of Israel in spirit and in truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi
    heb 13
    15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    .Luke 17:33
    Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Rom6
    3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 09 2014,09:37)
    Hi T,
    We worship the Lord God of Israel in spirit and in truth

N

easy said ,but what does it really mean ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    It means that those reborn from above are a temple of the living God and can worship Him within

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca, Terricca……..You greive my heart, I know you mean well, but you have followed to many false teachers in your life and some here also, I have prayed for you to the Father, that he will grant you to see the truth. Please try to see what we are telling you with an open mind brother, I am not saying we have all the truth, were all still learning, God knows we love you in our hearts, and like him and Jesus we are not willing you or any parish.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

GENE

Terricca, Terricca……..You greive my heart, I know you mean well, but you have followed to many false teachers in your life and some here also, I have prayed for you to the Father, that he will grant you to see the truth. Please try to see what we are telling you with an open mind brother, I am not saying we have all the truth, were all still learning, God knows we love you in our hearts, and like him and Jesus we are not willing you or any parish.

I THINK YOU ANSWER THIS FOR MY QUESTION I DID ASK NICK ;easy said ,but what does it really mean ???

DO YOU REALLY THINK I DON’T KNOW ,I DO MY FRIEND BUT PEOPLE LIKE TO NOT SHOW SCRIPTURES AND ONLY PARROT SCRIPTURES VERSES OR PARTS OF VERSES ;THIS IS WHY I ASK SO WE CAN MAKE IT CLEAR WITH THE TRUTH OF SCRIPTURES NOT OPINIONS OR COULD BE MISUNDERSTOOD SCRIPTURES

Proclaimer
    Participant

Those that are worshipped is not proof that they are God.

The Father is worshipped as God.

Jesus is worshipped as the son of God.

David was worshipped as the King of Israel.

Obviously, anyone but the Father being worshipped as God is idol worship.

Nick
    Participant

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

The whole world is under the power of the evil one.”

Viewing 20 posts - 2,121 through 2,140 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account