Will be called the son of god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Then why do you not abhor your idol and come to Jesus to be reconciled with his God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,13:38)
    Hi BD,
    Then why do you not abhor your idol and come to Jesus to be reconciled with his God?

If I say that God is not in me I would be lying and you still seem to not understand what Jesus said:

Luke 5:31-33 (King James Version)

31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Why does Jesus say that some are righteous? Do you not understand that not all are in need of reconciliation as some have loved God from the beginning.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Genesis 18: (King James Version)

25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,18:31)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 06 2009,13:12)
    BD………Yes in fact they (ALL) died without exception, Even Jesus died but not for HIS SINS , but FOR OUR SINS as scripture says.  Your making GOD the FATHERS JUSTICE a SHAM by saying He does not HOLD us RESPONSIBLE for our behaviors. Jesus Paid our eternal DEATH Penalty, But in now way does the do away with GOD'S Justice through his Judgments. (for every sin shall recieve it's JUST recompense). What bible are you reading It certainly is not like mine.

gene

Elijah did not die,

God can forgive whomever he pleases. Gene, what do you think repentence is? If Jesus died for your sins what does he do for all your current sins? Obviously repentence is the key to forgiveness and mercy.

Now you say that Jesus paid our eternal death penalty for us but Jesus is not under a penalty of eternal death so how is it you say he is taking the place of the sinner?

Also, if you say that God can't simply forgive then what did he do with all the sin that Jesus beared? Wouldn't that mean God forgave Jesus or washed Jesus clean of all sin?

But once again when did Elijah die?

Elijah was taken up by a whirlwind “into heaven” (2 Kings 2:1) by “a chariot of fire, and horses of fire” (verse 11).

Yet, over nine hundred years after this event, Yeshua haMeshiach Himself said “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven” (John 3:13).

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. . . These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. . . And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:3, 13, 39, 40.

So Elijah was NOT to be made Immortal, for that would give him PRE-EMINENCE above Jesus.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 06 2009,12:56)
    BD……….So you failed to answer my post, What about the JUSTICE OF GOD. Does His word mean anything to you , when He  said the soul that sins shall die did he really mean that. No according to you, you think He just forgives it and so sin is really not big deal after all God just forgive it and His Justice is not really a demand with consequences is it. GOD'S Justice is not compromised it is performed in all creation. If you do not accept Jesus' Payment for your sins you will give account for them yourself . “The wages of Sn is death”., but the gift of GOD is eternal life (through) Christ Jesus' our Lord.  Why do you reject that?

gene

Jeremiah 26:14-16 (King James Version)

14As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you.

15But know ye for certain, that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city, and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the LORD hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears.

16Then said the princes and all the people unto the priests and to the prophets; This man is not worthy to die: for he hath spoken to us in the name of the LORD our God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 06 2009,13:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,18:31)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 06 2009,13:12)
    BD………Yes in fact they (ALL) died without exception, Even Jesus died but not for HIS SINS , but FOR OUR SINS as scripture says.  Your making GOD the FATHERS JUSTICE a SHAM by saying He does not HOLD us RESPONSIBLE for our behaviors. Jesus Paid our eternal DEATH Penalty, But in now way does the do away with GOD'S Justice through his Judgments. (for every sin shall recieve it's JUST recompense). What bible are you reading It certainly is not like mine.

gene

Elijah did not die,

God can forgive whomever he pleases. Gene, what do you think repentence is? If Jesus died for your sins what does he do for all your current sins? Obviously repentence is the key to forgiveness and mercy.

Now you say that Jesus paid our eternal death penalty for us but Jesus is not under a penalty of eternal death so how is it you say he is taking the place of the sinner?

Also, if you say that God can't simply forgive then what did he do with all the sin that Jesus beared? Wouldn't that mean God forgave Jesus or washed Jesus clean of all sin?

But once again when did Elijah die?

Elijah was taken up by a whirlwind “into heaven” (2 Kings 2:1) by “a chariot of fire, and horses of fire” (verse 11).

Yet, over nine hundred years after this event, Yeshua haMeshiach Himself said “And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven” (John 3:13).

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. . . These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. . . And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11:3, 13, 39, 40.

So Elijah was NOT to be made Immortal, for that would give him PRE-EMINENCE above Jesus.

Then why were they waiting for the return of Elijah?

Besides the point was he was taken up to heaven without dying on earth, this is a fact.

You know when we read the Bible we should understand how to read it and understand the context as well as the content.

Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the Law, Paul says the Law was nailed to the cross

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Are some righteous or was Jesus using a little irony?
    He had no interest in the unrepentant

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,13:55)
    Hi BD,
    Are some righteous or was Jesus using a little irony?
    He had no interest in the unrepentant

Of course some were righteous and why assume irony when Irony is not noted and what makes you think there were not repentent righteous folk before and after Jesus was born. Mary his mother was righteous before he was conceived in her and so was Zacharia who was watching over her and in-fact so was the mother of Mary

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus used irony.
    Are you equipped to appoint righteousness to anyone?
    The holiness of anyone or anything comes from their being chosen by our Holy God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,14:12)
    Hi BD,
    Jesus used irony.
    Are you equipped to appoint righteousness to anyone?
    The holiness of anyone or anything comes from their being chosen by our Holy God.

Jesus said there were righteous people and God also has said it and yet you seem to not like such scriptural fact.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So who is able to decide your righteousness?
    It is best to come to Jesus admitting you are a sinner as those are the ones he listens to and saves.

Simon Magus tried to do things another way and it was an unhappy time for him.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 05 2009,15:46)

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 05 2009,15:36)
    BD………Paul and Jesus were (NOT) in conflict with each other, if you  believe that you are in great error my friend, Paul said he preached Jesus and Him CRUCIFIED,  FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD AS WELL AS OTHER APOSTLES DID ALSO. If you religion tries to separate them it is wrong BD. They were not in disagreement with each other. IMO

gene

Did Jesus say that the Law would end?

Hi BD:

Paul said that in Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to all that believe, but no, it is not the end of the law, and he did not say that. God's law is eternal. In the body of Christ, we fulfill the law through love following the example of our Lord Jesus.

This is what Paul said:

Rom 3:30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

This is what God says in the book of Jeremiah:

Jer 31:31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,15:41)

BD………Paul and Jesus were (NOT) in conflict with each other, if you  believe that you are in great error my friend, Paul said he preached Jesus and Him CRUCIFIED,  FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD AS WELL AS OTHER APOSTLES DID ALSO. If you religion tries to separate them it is wrong BD. They were not in disagreement with each other. IMO

gene

Hi BD:

Paul said that in Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to all that believe, but no, it is not the end of the law, and he did not say that.  God's law is eternal.  In the body of Christ, we fulfill the law through love following the example of our Lord Jesus.

This is what Paul said:

Rom 3:30   Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.  

Rom 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.  
    Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  

Rom 13:9   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.  

Jer 31:31 ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:  

Jer 31:32   Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:  

Jer 31:33   But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  

Jer 31:34   And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Then why are people still teaching others?

You are in-fact teaching others so that shows for a fact that the time “for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD”

Has not occurred as of yet. At that time you will have to give up your post as a bishop for there would be no need.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 06 2009,15:08)
    Hi BD,
    So who is able to decide your righteousness?
    It is best to come to Jesus admitting you are a sinner as those are the ones he listens to and saves.

Simon Magus tried to do things another way and it was an unhappy time for him.

Decide your righteousness? Doesn't God teach us to be righteous and explains how to be righteous in detail?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    And your best hope is filthy rags.
    best to be clothed from above in righteousness as in Zech and Lk15.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,06:09)
    Hi BD,
    And your best hope is filthy rags.
    best to be clothed from above in righteousness as in Zech and Lk15.

What is righteousness?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The only righteousness you need to know of is that of the sinless Son of God.
    In him is salvation but in no other name under heaven.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 07 2009,19:07)
    Hi BD,
    The only righteousness you need to know of is that of the sinless Son of God.
    In him is salvation but in no other name under heaven.

I thought you said he took on the sins of everyone, if that is true then we cannot have sin on us or he cannot be sinless and yet we have sin otherwise what you say he did would be for naught, right?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 07 2009,05:40)

gene

Hi BD:

Paul said that in Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to all that believe, but no, it is not the end of the law, and he did not say that.  God's law is eternal.  In the body of Christ, we fulfill the law through love following the example of our Lord Jesus.

This is what Paul said:

Rom 3:30   Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.  

Rom 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.  

Rom 13:9   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.  

Jer 31:32   Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:  

Jer 31:33   But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  

Jer 31:34   And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You are in-fact teaching others so that shows for a fact that the time “for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD”

Has not occurred as of yet. At that time you will have to give up your post as a bishop for there would be no need.

Hi BD:

Verse 34, will have been fulfilled when Jesus comes for the church, but until then the gospel is preached, and as born again Christians, we become like Jesus as we learn to apply the commandments that came from God to humanity through him to our daily lives. It is a process.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 08 2009,11:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 07 2009,05:40)

gene

Hi BD:

This is what Paul said:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Verse 34, will have been fulfilled when Jesus comes for the church, but until then the gospel is preached, and as born again Christians, we become like Jesus as we learn to apply the commandments that came from God to humanity through him to our daily lives.  It is a process.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That's what I said, the time has not occured yet. Therefore the New Covenant spoke of in Jeremiah has not occured yet.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account