Will be called the son of god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Luke 1:34-36 (King James Version)

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Notice the scripture does not say at the birth of Jesus that he is the son of God but that he shall be called the son of God.

Then in another verse it says:

Revelation 21 (King James Version)

7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son

Now compare:

Matthew 3:16-17 (King James Version)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

with:

Matthew 12:17-19 (King James Version)

17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So Jesus was confirmed to be the Son of God promised in ps 2 and prov 30 at the Jordan and on the mountain by God Himself.

Now any man can be adopted into God's family by sharing in His Spirit through Jesus.

Islam seems to be outside those promses.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,13:08)
    Hi BD,
    So Jesus was confirmed to be the Son of God promised in ps 2 and prov 30 at the Jordan and on the mountain by God Himself.

Now any man can be adopted into God's family by sharing in His Spirit through Jesus.

Islam seems to be outside those promses.

No, Islam agrees with what you said.

Once again I repeat you cannot be a Muslim and not Believe in Jesus, it is impossible.

Just like Christians say Jesus is at the right hand of God in Islam it is said he is of those nearest in presence to Allah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    We all believe in Kennedy and Joan of Arc too but it does not help.

You should listen to God.

He told you to listen to Jesus but instead you found another teacher.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,13:22)
    Hi BD,
    We all believe in Kennedy and Joan of Arc too but it does not help.

You should listen to God.

He told you to listen to Jesus but instead you found another teacher.

You have listened to Jesus but then you have listened to Paul are you really practicing what you preach?

Paul came after Jesus and you already have the words of Jesus yet you listen and believe in the words of Paul even the words that contradict what Jesus spoke.

If I am wrong so are you. In-fact if you don't have a bishop over you, you are wrong according to Paul but right according to Jesus so why read and adhere to Paul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You search and search for ways to separate Jesus from his body but this abhorrent work bears no fruit.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Nick,

Your entire argument fails at the acceptance of Paul. Why did Paul need to come? Why does a large majority of the NT written by Paul?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,14:57)
    Hi BD,
    You search and search for ways to separate Jesus from his body but this abhorrent work bears no fruit.

No you keep trying to seperate Jesus from everyone else but he wasn't sent to Christians he was sent to the World not to condemn it but to save it but you want him for yourself Jesus accepted the Samaritan but you reject the Muslim, who's example should I then follow? Yours or The Master's

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Christ was in Paul.
    God was in Christ.

Why are you confused?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,15:02)
    Hi BD,
    Christ was in Paul.
    God was in Christ.

Why are you confused?

And Gabriel was sent to Muhammad.

But I ask you this wasn't Christ in all his disciples and didn't he say he was their teacher? So what is with the NEW instructions from Paul? If Jesus was teaching his disciples in spirit then why did Paul take “charge” and teach additional teachings?

Also, since you accept this “further” teaching by someone other than Christ himself then why reject what CA is saying about Oral tradition and the ability of those “in” Christ to teach additional things, even such things as the trinity which much of the confusion about the trinity comes from Paul himself having met Jesus in spirit form or in that sense in “the form of God” i.e. spirit but never in the body.

Paul through his letters exhalts and places a status upon Jesus that Jesus himself had not done.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Christ was in Paul [gal]and taught through Paul.
    Of course if you do not know Jesus you will not know him in Paul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You fondly believe Gabriel started a new religion.
    The Gabriel we know served God and the plan revealed through His Son.

No room for islam in the ways of the God of Israel and Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    If you cannot align Jesus with his brothers is it because you do not share the Spirit of God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,15:18)
    Hi BD,
    Christ was in Paul [gal]and taught through Paul.
    Of course if you do not know Jesus you will not know him in Paul.

So if Christ taught through Paul then why does not Paul speak in that context such as Jesus instructed me to teach you this or that?

Also if Jeus teached through Paul then why are you offended when CA says that Jesus teaches through other men? Did he stop teaching “through” people after Paul?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………Paul and Jesus were (NOT) in conflict with each other, if you  believe that you are in great error my friend, Paul said he preached Jesus and Him CRUCIFIED, FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD AS WELL AS OTHER APOSTLES DID ALSO. If you religion tries to separate them it is wrong BD. They were not in disagreement with each other. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Paul was one of the vessels chosen by God to offer His words.
    Many men have imagined they share the same verbal anointing ever since.
    Catholicism claims it for their roman prince but he is entirely of the world just like islam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 05 2009,15:36)
    BD………Paul and Jesus were (NOT) in conflict with each other, if you  believe that you are in great error my friend, Paul said he preached Jesus and Him CRUCIFIED,  FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD AS WELL AS OTHER APOSTLES DID ALSO. If you religion tries to separate them it is wrong BD. They were not in disagreement with each other. IMO

gene

Did Jesus say that the Law would end?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 05 2009,15:38)
    Hi BD,
    Paul was one of the vessels chosen by God to offer His words.
    Many men have imagined they share the same verbal anointing ever since.
    Catholicism claims it for their roman prince but he is entirely of the world just like islam

And you believe this because Paul said so but yet anyone else makes the same claim you are suspect?

In what way is the Pope or any bishop of the world, please explain.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Can you quote one verse from Jesus himself, where he clearly and categorically teaches that belief in vicarious atonement by an innocent man for the sinners is the key to the truth, the way, and the life?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why do you keep confusing the false church with the body of Christ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account