the truth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 941 through 952 (of 952 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmilla…….my dad taught me when you point your finger at some one else lokk down and you will see yoy have three fingers pointing back at you. I think what you have sujested Pierre to try may help him get along better here, i hope so. I hate to see people get discouraged and leave the site. We need to try to all get alone the best we can, we are all still learning and none of us has all the truth, we just see in part as Paul said. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Terricca……..i believe i have been on more construction jobs then you ever have in fact i owned a large electrical construction co, for 29 years and i have worked many, many,many journeymen and men who were not at that level , i knew all my men and exactly what they were capable of. I also have employed many farm worker to harvest my vineyards over the years. I would never put a apprentist to do a journeymans work in the first place, and i would not stand for a journeyman, to

nice ;but i beat you by a mile i owned my first company at 23 years old and that was 51 years ago ,I have run my own general construction company, for years ,

but this is not what i was implying ;what i was saying is that it is hard to discuss with someone that has only a basic knowledge in a trade but want to show that he knows what a journeyman knows or a person that only read scriptures on and of and part of a religion denomination ;

anyhow ,this is out of context, and get like man’s views,out we go

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Carmilla…….my dad taught me when you point your finger at some one else lokk down and you will see yoy have three fingers pointing back at you. I think what you have sujested Pierre to try may help him get along better here, i hope so. I hate to see people get discouraged and leave the site. We need to try to all get alone the best we can, we are all still learning and none of us has all the truth, we just see in part as Paul said. IMO

I know what you say and I am very familiar with it ;but since you say that I have 3 fingers pointing at me this would mean that 3 finger accusing me of the same thing of what i told anyone right ?

and how can I get along with what others say that what is not true to scriptures ? do you mean that their are many godly truths ?

show me for i only know one ,

terraricca
    Participant

Carmilla

Now, back to the topic of brother Terr!

What Terraricca needs to do I think is avoid the use of the word “you”. He needs to “own his statements” So, Ter, my challenge to you is to not use the word “YOU” when addressing others. Try using “I” statements instead. When you own your statements, you are saying, “This is how “I” feel”, “This is how “I” see it”, “This is what “I” think”.

Might work?

this is something that i do and not really mean ,yes ,i will try hard to reformulate my introduction ,as I ,

and thanks for this little but important point ,

I believe we came on this site about the same time is it not ?

Camillia
    Participant

Exactly Gene.

Camillia
    Participant

and thanks for this little but important point

Good Terr. Give it a try.

As soon as people see the word “you”, their defenses go up, because it suggests judgment, and nobody likes to be judged negatively by another person. (God is our judge). So, if you are angry at someone, try the “I” statements (owning how you feel and how you view things). It would take some practice, but could have good results.

I have learned myself that most problems begin in the heart, and the heart needs to change with God’s help. “My peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.”

I believe we came on this site about the same time is it not ?

Yes, I believe so, Terraricca.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Thy Word is Truth.

Trust it as a light to your feet.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

I am the way, the truth and the life.

The Spirit speaks through Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

I am the bread of life.

I am the light of the world.

If only folk recognised that it is the Spirit speaking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Before Abraham I am.

The Spirit speaks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

No one comes to the Father except through me.

The Spirit leads to the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

I am the resurrection and the life.

Anyone doubt that the Spirit raises men to eternal life?

Viewing 12 posts - 941 through 952 (of 952 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account