The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,921 through 5,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

K and N

A seed is planted and comes up as a new body though that new body is derived from the old body. The new body is from heaven and the old body is from earth.

the human is made of dust and the seed that is planted in that dust should grow and bring forth a new plant born of the spirit ,and so no longer dust ,right ? yes

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

(1)We will all be changed.
    The perishable must put on the imperishable

(2)Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom

Hi Nick,

1) Yes!

2) Our “spirit” enters the Kingdom of God, not our bodies.
    Remember, Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world (meaning not of flesh and blood)

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

kerwin
    Participant

T,

the human is made of dust and the seed that is planted in that dust should grow and bring forth a new plant born of the spirit ,and so no longer dust ,right ? yes

The seed is plant fiber and the plant that comes up is the same composition but it is changed in other ways.

It only after Adam sinned that God told him as part of his judgment on humanity that he was dust and return to the earth he was made from. Humanity did not bear that curse before. Instead humanity had a body they were given from heaven as John’s baptism and Jesus are also given to man from heaven. That body was free from corruption as it was not under the curse. Jesus has removed that curse from us and our new body waits in the mind of God until that day.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J, T, and Nick.

Remember, Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world (meaning not of flesh and blood)

Some would argue the kingdom of heaven is of this world for first it was Israel as Scripture calls the Israel the kingdom of the Lord and then it became the church after Israel rejected Jesus. Perhaps both the Jews and Christians are God’s kingdom and the Jews that reject Jesus are only bad fish that are caught in the net just like Christians who chose to live by the flesh.

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

Some would argue the kingdom of heaven is of this world for first it was Israel as Scripture calls the Israel the kingdom of the Lord and then it became the church after Israel rejected Jesus. Perhaps both the Jews and Christians are God’s kingdom and the Jews that reject Jesus are only bad fish that are caught in the net just like Christians who chose to live by the flesh.

Hi Kerwin,

OK, if your interpretation is correct, then which group is it that is the Kingdom of God?

1. “Jehovah’s Witnesses”
    2. “Iglesia de cristo”
    3. “Church of Christ”

The “Body of Christ” extends far beyond any physical organization such as these.

Perhaps both the Jews and Christians are God’s kingdom and the Jews that reject Jesus are only bad fish that are caught in the net just like Christians who chose to live by the flesh.

Bingo!

http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Why would you add your interpretations to the Word of God?

If you do not have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.

We join the kingdom by sharing the Spirit of Christ in God

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Why would you add your interpretations to the Word of God?

If you do not have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.

We join the kingdom by sharing the Spirit of Christ in God

Hi Nick,

I thought that’s what I said; why did you hear something else?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

You added “meaning not of flesh and blood”

Flesh and blood do not define the WORLD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

IN THE MIND OF GOD?

Did you make that up?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

That is not really my definition but rather a puzzle I supplied that is based on Scripture.

The kingdom of heaven is like a net which catches both good and bad fishes. As far as I know the bad fishes can be heretics as well as liars, murderers, thieves, or any other type of those that choose to live by the flesh. The Jews that deny Jesus is the Christ are just as much heretics as the Christians that teach and/or believe other than that taught in Scripture. I would say that all Jews and Christians are in the kingdom but God will toss many out on that day.

The puzzle is that Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world and yet he taught about a kingdom that would exist in this present world that would hold but those who bore good fruit and those that bore bade fruit.

In addition Scripture literally calls Israel the kingdom of the Lord in at least two cases. Israel held land and was indeed a kingdom of this world at that time.

I believe you are correct that Jesus was the king of hearts and not of territory so he had no difficulty with Rome ruling the territory. How does that reflect on Israel being called the kingdom of God and the kingdom having bad fish in it until the end of this world? That is the puzzle.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

IN THE MIND OF GOD?

Did you make that up?

It is predestination and foreknowledge. A body does not already exist as Scripture states the the person will change. It also does not teach of a person being reincarnated.

God does not have a bunch of bodies already laying up in heaven waiting for that day. In fact the dead will raise on earth and the living will change on earth and then be snatched up to meet Jesus in the clouds.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

You added “meaning not of flesh and blood”

Hi Nick,

Don’t know what you mean, can you be a bit more specific?

Ed J
    Participant

Flesh and blood do not define the WORLD

Hi Nick,

No? What does then?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

That is not really my definition but rather a puzzle I supplied that is based on Scripture.

The kingdom of heaven is like a net which catches both good and bad fishes. As far as I know the bad fishes can be heretics as well as liars, murderers, thieves, or any other type of those that choose to live by the flesh. The Jews that deny Jesus is the Christ are just as much heretics as the Christians that teach and/or believe other than that taught in Scripture. I would say that all Jews and Christians are in the kingdom but God will toss many out on that day.

The puzzle is that Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world and yet he taught about a kingdom that would exist in this present world that would hold but those who bore good fruit and those that bore bade fruit.

In addition Scripture literally calls Israel the kingdom of the Lord in at least two cases. Israel held land and was indeed a kingdom of this world at that time.

I believe you are correct that Jesus was the king of hearts and not of territory so he had no difficulty with Rome ruling the territory. How does that reflect on Israel being called the kingdom of God and the kingdom having bad fish in it until the end of this world? That is the puzzle.

Hi Kerwin,

We as believers comprise the kingdom of God in this reality, there is no other.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

There is a kingdom of darkness that controls all who are not led by the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

The  sons of God on earth are yet of flesh and blood but not of the world.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Perhaps Jesus was saying that the the kingdom of heaven is composed of all believers, even those whose belief will prove false on that day, in the parable of the net. That could also explain the fact that Israel is called the kingdom of the Lord. The kingdom of heaven could therefore be the body of Christ.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

There is a kingdom of darkness that controls all who are not led by the Spirit.

Yes Nick,

It is they who are our enemies. (see Eph.6:12)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

The sons of God on earth are yet of flesh and blood but not of the world.

Yes Nick,

“flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor 15:50)
    “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit,
    if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.” (Romans 8:9)

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

Perhaps Jesus was saying that the the kingdom of heaven is composed of all believers, even those whose belief will prove false on that day, in the parable of the net. That could also explain the fact that Israel is called the kingdom of the Lord. The kingdom of heaven could therefore be the body of Christ.

Yes Kerwin,

Us as “the body of Christ” comprise the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,921 through 5,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account