The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,641 through 5,660 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    To be baptised in the Spirit is to receive the Spirit of Christ into your soul.

Acts3
    19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 23 2014,01:29)

Quote (terraricca @ May 22 2014,22:45)
    nick

it would be nice if you could tell us who is the SPIRIT OR WHAT IS THE SPIRIT ???

Hi Pierre:

Does this help you:

Psa 139:4
    For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Psa 139:5
    Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Psa 139:6
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Psa 139:7
    Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8
    If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

1Co 2:9
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1Co 2:10
    But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:11
    For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12
    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13
    Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

thanks for your answer ,but no it does not really answer my question OF WHO OR WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 23 2014,03:26)
    Hi,
    To be baptised in the Spirit is to receive the Spirit of Christ into your soul.

Acts3
    19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

nICK

it does not answer my question either ,WHAT IS OR WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

IF YOU ONLY COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEAN TO BE BORN AGAIN AND SO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT ,(THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH )

BUT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ,BUT CLAIM THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN ,BUT i CAN SEE YOU ARE NOT

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    Taste and see.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 23 2014,04:02)
    Hi t,
    Taste and see.

Nick

I have taste you for 4 years and see you for the same time ,and in the beginning when I joint this site I went back sins the beginning of your quotes to see if there was anything to taste in your quotes but I have staid hungry and thirsty,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Then change something

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 23 2014,08:56)

Quote (942767 @ May 23 2014,01:29)

Quote (terraricca @ May 22 2014,22:45)
    nick

it would be nice if you could tell us who is the SPIRIT OR WHAT IS THE SPIRIT ???

Hi Pierre:

Does this help you:

Psa 139:4
    For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

Psa 139:5
    Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

Psa 139:6
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Psa 139:7
    Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

Psa 139:8
    If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

1Co 2:9
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

1Co 2:10
    But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:12
    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Co 2:13
    Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

thanks for your answer ,but no it does not really answer my question OF WHO OR WHAT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, and in 1 Co. 2, the Apostle Paul states:

And Romans 8:

Rom 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:15
    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And so, do you know that you have a spirit? Do you know what that spirit is?

God also has a Spirit, and so, if you know what is your spirit. You will know about God's Spirit also.

Jesus said the following. Maybe, this will give you a hint:

Jhn 6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

So God as a spirit , so he is a being ? Right, I think so , do you ???

But if God is a spirit then his spirit means that he is form spirit , but as the being he as a living spirit , meaning that he as a well defined will , of his own

And his will can be defined as the only truth , to all creation,

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 25 2014,15:02)
    Marty

So God as a spirit , so he is a being ? Right, I think so , do you ???

But if God is a spirit then his spirit means that he is form spirit , but as the being he as a living spirit , meaning that he as a well defined will , of his own

And his will can be defined as the only truth , to all creation,

What the scripture that states that “God is a spirit” means to me is that there is a certain personality that manifests the character of God. A person is defined by the life that he lives. That really tells us who that person is.

That scripture to which you refer states:

Jhn 4:24
    God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And the scriptures states that “God is love”, and the scriptures state that Jesus is “the express image of God's person”. And we, as God's children, should be manifesting that same spirit of truth and of love.

1Jo 4:8
    He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Heb 1:3
    Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

And the scriptures state that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth that proceeds from the Father:

Jhn 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

And there are a couple of other scriptures which I will post below:

Jhn 14:9
    Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jhn 14:10
    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

1Jo 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

And so, the spirit is the life that one lives in the body. It is the spirit or the life that one lives deternines who you are. If you say that you are a Christian, your life should reflect this, if not you are a “hypocrite”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The grace of the Spirit of Christ enables us to produce fruit-the same attributes that Jesus showed from God.
    Gal 5

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

What the scripture that states that “God is a spirit” means to me is that there is a certain personality that manifests the character of God. A person is defined by the life that he lives. That really tells us who that person is.

if God is a being then to me he is also a person with personal characteristics that only apply to him ,it is true that scriptures says that God is love ” but that is not the ONLY THING THAT GOD IS OR HAS ,

RIGHT ??? YES

And so, the spirit is the life that one lives in the body. It is the spirit or the life that one lives deternines who you are.

i DO BELIEVE THAT IT IS THE SOUL THAT IS US (WHO WE ARE ) AND THAT OUR LIFE WE LIVE FORMS US TO OUR OWN LIKENESS IN ANY WAY WE CHOSE TO GO ;THIS IS OUR FREEDOM ,

SO WE CAN CHOSE TO SERVE GOD OR NOT ,THE SPIRIT ON THE OTHER HAND IS OR ARE THE THINGS FOR WHICH WE STAND IN OUR HEARTS ,FROM HERE WE MAY CREATE THE HYPOCRISY FOR OTHERS TO SEE ,WE MAY NOT SEE OUR OWN HYPOCRISY BECAUSE OF OUR OWN BLINDNESS BUT OTHER MAY SEE IT ,BY JOINING WHAT YOU SAY WITH WHAT YOU DO ,= TRUTH OR HYPOCRISY

MT 23:3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

Mk 7:6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
    “ ‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    Mk 7:7 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are but rules taught by men.’
    Mk 7:8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.”
    Mk 7:9 And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

Mk 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

And the scriptures state that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth that proceeds from the Father:

this is true ;except that the spirit that proceed from God our father is his will to be applied by all by his grace through his only begotten son ,Jesus Christ .GOD DOES NOT TALK LIGHTLY HE MEANS WHAT HE SAYS ,

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,08:57)
    Hi 94,
    The grace of the Spirit of Christ enables us to produce fruit-the same attributes that Jesus showed from God.
    Gal 5

Hi Nick:

As our Father, by the His Spirit, leads us into all truth in His Word which is the Spirit of Christ which Jesus obeyed unto death on the cross, and we learn to apply what we are being taught by our heavenly Father in our daily lives, we should be manifesting the same spirit that was manifest through our Lord, those fruits produced in us through our learning to apply the Word of God in our daily lives.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2014,10:10)
    Marty

What the scripture that states that “God is a spirit” means to me is that there is a certain personality that manifests the character of God.  A person is defined by the life that he lives.  That really tells us who that person is.

if God is a being then to me he is also a person with personal characteristics that only apply to him ,it is true that scriptures says that God is love ” but that is not the ONLY THING THAT GOD IS OR HAS ,

RIGHT ??? YES

And so, the spirit is the life that one lives in the body.  It is the spirit or the life that one lives deternines who you are.

i DO BELIEVE THAT IT IS THE SOUL THAT IS US (WHO WE ARE ) AND THAT OUR LIFE WE LIVE FORMS US TO OUR OWN LIKENESS IN ANY WAY WE CHOSE TO GO ;THIS IS OUR FREEDOM ,

SO WE CAN CHOSE TO SERVE GOD OR NOT ,THE SPIRIT ON THE OTHER HAND IS OR ARE THE THINGS FOR WHICH WE STAND IN OUR HEARTS ,FROM HERE WE MAY CREATE THE HYPOCRISY FOR OTHERS TO SEE ,WE MAY NOT SEE OUR OWN HYPOCRISY BECAUSE OF OUR OWN BLINDNESS BUT OTHER MAY SEE IT ,BY JOINING WHAT YOU SAY WITH WHAT YOU DO ,= TRUTH OR HYPOCRISY

MT 23:3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

Mk 7:6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
    Mk 7:8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.”
    Mk 7:9 And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

Mk 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Hi Pierre:

The soul is the mind, the will, and your emotions.  Your spirit is the life that you live in this flesh body.

The life that you live dictates who you are.

The scriptures state that Jesus “is the express image of God's person”, and we are being conformed to His image as God's children. We have seen the Father through the life that he lived in obedience to God's Word. He said that it was “Father dwelling within Him that was doing the works”. (John 14)

God is invisible, but we can see him through the life that he as lived and does live.   People should be seeing Him manifest through our lives.

I don't why you want to get off track with what I am discussing with you.  You wanted to know about the Holy Spirit and I have tried to help you with this.  I hope that I was able to help you.

Of course God means what He says.  Who said that he did not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 26 2014,05:27)

Marty

What the scripture that states that “God is a spirit” means to me is that there is a certain personality that manifests the character of God.  A person is defined by the life that he lives.  That really tells us who that person is.

RIGHT ??? YES

And so, the spirit is the life that one lives in the body.  It is the spirit or the life that one lives deternines who you are.

Hi Pierre:

The soul is the mind, the will, and your emotions.  Your spirit is the life that you live in this flesh body.

The scriptures state that Jesus “is the express image of God's person”, and we are being conformed to His image as God's children.  We have seen the Father through the life that he lived in obedience to God's Word.  He said that it was “Father dwelling within Him that was doing the works”. (John 14)

God is invisible, but we can see him through the life that he as lived and does live.   People should be seeing Him manifest through our lives.

I don't why you want to get off track with what I am discussing with you.  You wanted to know about the Holy Spirit and I have tried to help you with this.  I hope that I was able to help you.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

No, and no, the mind is not our soul, because it would be a lie:the mind that sin will die:,
    God as also a soul , but he also has a mind those are two separate things,

So we disagree and so no you did not help me with the holy spirit , because you are mix up in the verses that I quote you

Just as I do not believe that the spirit that return to God means anything other than the breath of live that was given to Adam in his nostrils at his creation and so transmitted to us all born of him,

It seems that you still do not know what the word Spirit means

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2014,12:49)

Marty

RIGHT ??? YES

Hi Pierre:

The scriptures state that Jesus “is the express image of God's person”, and we are being conformed to His image as God's children.  We have seen the Father through the life that he lived in obedience to God's Word.  He said that it was “Father dwelling within Him that was doing the works”. (John 14)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

No, and no, the mind is not our soul, because it would be a lie:the mind that sin will die:,

So we disagree and so no you did not help me with the holy spirit , because you are mix up in the verses that I quote you

Just as I do not believe that the spirit that return to God means anything other than the breath of live that was given to Adam in his nostrils at  his creation and so transmitted to us all born of him,

God made man in his own image. The first Adam was made a living soul, like God in that he had a mind, a free will, and emotions.

God breathed the breath of life and man became a “living soul”.

And yes, “the soul that sinneth it shall die”, and yes, God has a mind, a will, and emotions or a soul, and we are like Him in this respect, even without being born again. But although he does have a mind, a will, and emotions, He cannot be tempted with evil, and of course, he is eternal and will never die.

And also, as born again Christians, our soul will be saved through the spirit of obedience, and by the blood of the lamb.

But if I did not help you to understand the Holy Spirit, then all I can say, is that I tried.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 26 2014,07:59)

Quote (terraricca @ May 26 2014,12:49)

Marty

RIGHT ??? YES

Hi Pierre:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Just as I do not believe that the spirit that return to God means anything other than the breath of live that was given to Adam in his nostrils at  his creation and so transmitted to us all born of him,

God made man in his own image.  The first Adam was made a living soul, like God in that he had a mind, a free will, and emotions.

God breathed the breath of life and man became a “living soul”.

And yes, “the soul that sinneth it shall die”, and yes, God has a mind, a will, and emotions or a soul, and we are like Him in this respect, even without being born again.  But although he does have a mind, a will, and emotions, He cannot be tempted with evil, and of course, he is eternal and will never die.

And also, as born again Christians, our soul will be saved through the spirit of obedience, and by the blood of the lamb.

But if I did not help you to understand the Holy Spirit, then all I can say, is that I tried.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

God, s soul is not his mind , God mind is like ours you can change it, as per our soul we cannot change it, see if you have sinned you are guilty and so should die, it does not matter when you have sinned, that was not in the judgment,

So when God envited us to change our ways , we do it with our mind and in practice and in time we make changes to our soul but without erasing the previous entries, and so remain guilty of sin,

This is why we need the grace or forgivenes for the previous behaviors (sins)

You need to update your knowledge to scriptures truth, God bless

Participant

Hi Pierre:

This is what the concordance say about “soul”.

TWOT:
    1395a
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:
    soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47

Total: 753
    Definition:
    soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion
    that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man
    living being
    living being (with life in the blood)
    the man himself, self, person or individual
    seat of the appetites
    seat of emotions and passions
    activity of mind
    dubious
    activity of the will
    dubious
    activity of the character
    dubious
    TDNT – Theological Dictionary of the New Testament
    TWOT – Theological Word Book of the Old Testament

I am not the one who said that they did not understand who or what the Holy Spirit was. I understand it and I have tried to help you understand, but I study every day, and I hope that you will do the same.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ May 26 2014,10:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,08:57)
    Hi 94,
    Gal 5

Hi Nick:

As our Father, by the His Spirit, leads us into all truth in His Word which is the Spirit of Christ which Jesus obeyed unto death on the cross, and we learn to apply what we are being taught by our heavenly Father in our daily lives, we should be manifesting the same spirit that was manifest through our Lord, those fruits produced in us through our learning to apply the Word of God in our daily lives.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    If we have obeyed the command to repent and be washed and have had hands laid on to receive the Spirit then we can walk in the Spirit.

Feeding on the word we can see the light of understanding grow brighter each day as we approach the earthly kingdom

Is 60

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.

5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

Wakeup
    Participant

So called born again can always be unborn again.
    Worse than before.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,641 through 5,660 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account