The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,101 through 5,120 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    I doubt it as I understand they are barred from internet forums.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes ED,
    God is more than His Spirit

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:26)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 20 2010,11:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 20 2010,10:51)
    Hi ED,
    Is you spirit you?
    The Spirit of God is as the finger of God.[Mt12.Lk11]

Hi Nick,

Is your finger you?
    Mathew Chapter twelve and Luke Chapter eleven is a lot to thumb through.

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

ok, i see ed did comment on it here.  (It's just with me he hasn't mentioned it.)

But he never actually answered the question.  He just asked it:

Ed, is your finger you?  Or is it “of” you?  (the finger of Ed)
    Are you the same as your finger?  Are you equal?  Thoughts on this verse Ed?

Hi David,

Yes, David, my finger is definitely part of me.
    My fingers produce the actions for my spirit.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:29)

Hi Ed,
    If you hit my finger with a hammer then you would have hit me.
    But I am not my finger.

–Nick, page 2

Ed, these are the sorts of things I have been saying for 20 pages.  I didn't know Nick had been asking such questions.  It seems more than one person would like you to address this.

Hi David,

I don't see a question here?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,04:27)
    This is the scripture Ed wanted to discuss:

Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the HolySpirit,
    and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own?
    and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power?
    why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

just think that they both have repent and return so to God true way of live ,and it was with good emotions that they have taken the vow to give what they had for Gods purpose,

this alone cannot  be cancelled, a vow is unbreakable by the one that has given it ,so they have sin to God and so of the devil,

this is a example for those who take their vow to God and then return to the world,either you keep your vow or do not make one,we will be judge by the words we have said,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:38)
    Ed, I just looked through the first 10 pages of this thread.

I am wondering if you ever tried to prove your case?  Could you show us a list of SCRIPTURES that show what you claim?  It would also be good if you could make a comment under each scripture showing why or how it supports your argument (because frankly, I sometimes have no idea why you post some of the scriptures you have been.)

Thanks.

Hi David,

We can certainly go through all Scripture on this.
    I'm still waiting for you to seriously comment on Heb.12:9.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2012,09:03)
    Hi Ed,
    I doubt it as I understand they are barred from internet forums.

Hi Nick,

The foot solders certainly are banned,
    but David must be a higher rank
    in order to be posting here.

God bless

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,09:04)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:26)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 20 2010,11:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 20 2010,10:51)
    Hi ED,
    Is you spirit you?
    The Spirit of God is as the finger of God.[Mt12.Lk11]

Hi Nick,

Is your finger you?
    Mathew Chapter twelve and Luke Chapter eleven is a lot to thumb through.

God bless
    Ed J

ok, i see ed did comment on it here.  (It's just with me he hasn't mentioned it.)

But he never actually answered the question.  He just asked it:

Ed, is your finger you?  Or is it “of” you?  (the finger of Ed)
    Are you the same as your finger?  Are you equal?  Thoughts on this verse Ed?

Hi David,

Yes, David, my finger is definitely part of me.
    My fingers produce the actions for my spirit.

God bless

And is your finger “you”?

Or, is it “of” you? (as in the finger “of” Ed)

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,08:54)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:04)
    There are 1000 times where the Father is specifically directly said to be “God.”

There is NOWHERE where the “holy spirit” is clearly or distinctly said to be “God.”  

The ONE scripture where it states that someone lied to the holy spirit and then it's said that they lied to “God,” is about as easy as understanding that God's holy spirit is God's.  It's something he possesses.  It's like his finger, as scripture says.  To lie to God's finger is to lie to God.  

MORE THAN 100 TIMES the holy spirit is referred to as “the spirit of Jehovah,” “God’s spirit,” “my spirit.”
    —Judg. 3:10; Matt. 3:16; Acts 2:18; Phil. 1:19; Ps 51:11; Joel 2:28,29, etc.

If someone pokes MY EYE, and I say to them “You poked ME,” am I lying?  No.
    If someone kisses MY LIPS, can I not say they kissed ME?  Yes.
    If I said “MY FISTS want justice” could I not also say “I want justice”?  Yes.
    If I poke you with MY FINGER, could you not say: “You poked ME”?  Yes.

–WE ALL MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THIS FREQUENTLY.  
    –Since God's holy spirit is called his finger, or arm, or since it's essentially his power or force to accomplish his will, in view of the way we normally speak of such things, and in view of the way the holy spirit is spoken of in the rest of scripture, it's clear that this one isolated case is just like the examples above.

The holy spirit is not said to be “God” in the Bible.
    God's holy spirit is never worshipped or we are never told to worship it in the Bible.
    We aren't told it loves us or that we are commanded to love it.
    We aren't told that it loves God or that it loves Jesus, unlike Jesus and God.
    Many times, both God and his son are shown to sit on a throne.  No throne seems to exist for God's holy spirit.  

The holy spirit is not God.  At least, not according to the Bible as a whole.

Hi David,

Are you suggesting that besides YHVH being “Spirit”, he
    also possesses a different “spirit” called the HolySpirit?

God bless

Yes!

This is precisely what I am suggesting:

1. “god is (a) spirit…”

And:

2. God has something called his holy spirit. It is spoken of in the bible as something he posseses, not as something he is, unlike #1

david
    Participant

#2 is part of #1, or part of god, the spirit, just as your finger is part of you.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,08:59)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:10)
    Ed, you are now forcing me to open my “spirit” file.

Hi David,

Excellent!   …you must be at least a district overseer in the “JW” organization then.

God bless

Ed, what is a district oversear?

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2012,09:12)

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2012,08:38)
    Ed, I just looked through the first 10 pages of this thread.

I am wondering if you ever tried to prove your case?  Could you show us a list of SCRIPTURES that show what you claim?  It would also be good if you could make a comment under each scripture showing why or how it supports your argument (because frankly, I sometimes have no idea why you post some of the scriptures you have been.)

Thanks.

Hi David,

We can certainly go through all Scripture on this.

God bless

I have repeatedly.

You provided 2 options, but since you ignore many scriptures that speak of the spirit of god possessively, you fail to see the third option:

THAT GODS HOLY SPIRIT IS ESSENTIALLY A PART OF HIM, or something he possesses, much like my finger is a part of me and something I possess.  Therefore, you missed an option, and if you will only be satisfied if I answer one of the two options provided, then you will never be satisfied–because you cannot see the other option, the option that AGREES with the whole of scripture.

It also agrees with common sense:

Ed, if I lost my mind and:

Kissed ED on EDS LIPS,  

One person might say:

“he kissed Ed,

And another might say:

“he kissed the LIPS OF ED.”

Meanwhile, you would say:  “Its true that he kissed my lips and he kissed me, THEREFORE My lips are me!”

((this bizarre reasoning would be understandable given that I just kissed you.  But after the shock wore off, you should be able to piece together that your lips are not you.))

David

david
    Participant

“Hi David,

Yes, David, my finger is definitely part of me.”

Yes, but:

Is your finger “You”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,16:12)

???

How many times must he comment on it before you address his comments?  You can't just say, “that's your opinion”, and think you've made an actual rebuttal, Ed.

For one, it is not David's opinion, but what the whole of scripture teaches.  Are you oblivious to the fact that scripture consistently speaks of the Holy Spirit OF God?  ???

Doesn't that word “of” signify a possession?

david
    Participant

–If someone kisses MY LIPS, can I not say they kissed ME?

–If I said “MY FISTS want justice” could I not also say “I want justice”?

–If I poke you with MY FINGER, could you not say: “You poked ME”?

Your answer to all three:

YES

david
    Participant

MIKE, too funny.

I see we are both at the point of frustration where we are making words move around and making them bigger, as if this will make Ed see more clearly. :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

We can only hope. :)

david
    Participant

Ed, response to HEB 12:9 IS FIRST POST ON THIS PAGE (along with other posts in pages back.) I am just marking it so we remember.

If you answer the moving question above, and understand that the moving “yes” is in fact the correct answer to those questions, then what else is there to discuss? Perhaps this:

1. “god is (a) spirit…”

And:

2. God HAS something called his holy spirit. It is spoken of in the bible as something he posseses, not as something he is, unlike #1

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 27 2012,17:59)
    We can only hope.  :)

you can wait, eddy only do not like to wait ,but he can make anyone else wait

why would he come ??? he lost this one ,to save his ego he may come up with some strange answer do

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 20 2010,14:22)
    ED J………Sounds good to me , i will try harder to do that. I am Glad you see GOD consists of SEVEN SPIRITS These are the eyes (intellects) these Each are aspects of (ONE) GOD. I tried to explain it before like One GUN having seven Bullets, each with Power of It's Own. but it all is only (ONE GUN) and GOD is ONE GOD composing of all Seven Spirits. And you are right sometimes i do have trouble putting into clear word what i am trying to say. You seem to have a far better ability to do that then i do.

I do have a question though, it's about the Holy Spirit, as representing Gods complete Spirits, or the fullness of GOD, To me the HOLY SPIRIT or set-aside SPIRIT is (ONE) of GOD'S Seven Spirits (the Spirit or INTELLECT of (TRUTH) giving us the ability to recognize truth when we hear it, and judges our thoughts ( “for the spirit both accuses us and defends us') Which is the (EARNEST) given to us from GOD the FATHER.  What is you understanding on this?

peace and ;ove to you and yours………………gene

Ephesians 4:3-6
    3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

The Spirit is called THE Spirit.

If you have THE GOD, then we understand that there are not 7 Gods. So it is with THE Spirit.

The confusion may be that the Father is the Father of spirits.
    Angels are spirits and the Father is the Father of our spirits too.

The seven spirits OF God are not necessarily God, just as the son of God is not God either.

Revelation 1:4
    John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,
    The seven spirits are before the throne, not seated on the throne.

Revelation 3:1
    “To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
    Who holds the seven spirits of God? Is that person holding God?

Revelation 4:5
    From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.
    Is God really these seven lamps in front of the throne, or is he seated on that throne?

Revelation 5:6
    Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,101 through 5,120 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account