The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,921 through 4,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Nick, instead of randomly saying thngs, why not try to back up your assertions or answer questions. It is easy to attack. It is hard to answer or explain. I am asking for something that is hard.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You say
    “And Acts 5:3,4, is extremely week. Why is it made so abundantly clear that “Jehovah is God” and at the most, only vaguely hinted at that the holy spirit is? Odd, don't you think?”

In what way is this scripture WEAK?

Do you not realise that all the scriptures about GOD include His Spirit?
    Ps 139.7

david
    Participant

Nick, if you are trying to prove that the holy spirit is God, then yes, that scripture is weak proof compared to the 1000 times that Jehovah is clearly and unquestionably called God.

Nick, you have yet to explain how acts 5 proves anything. I think this is because you realize how weak it is as proof of what you claim. I think you might be ashamed to even they to discuss it. Why else do you refuse to discuss it?

And yes, I realize that some understand that when it says “god” it includes the trinity or the holy spirit. HOWEVER, if you are trying to use acts 5 as proof, then it is not good proof.

You seem to want to start with the idea that the holy spirit is “god” and ignore the so called proof that actually proves this.

Just for fun, I think we should look at whatever proof you have to support this. Proof is good.

david
    Participant

Nick, there are literally thousands of scriptures that can be used to prove that the father is God.
    –the 1000 scriptures that directly say so
    –the 2000 that indirectly say so??
    –the scriptures that speak of him being worshipped
    –etc

***NICK, what proof is there that the holy spirit is god?**

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    You seem to want to make an artificial division between God and His Spirit.
    Surely it should be plain to all that no such division occurs.
    Is this a relic of your tridentine God origins?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 26 2012,04:54)
    Is this the ONE and only scripture that you use to come to this conclusion?  What of the rest of the Bible?

nick?

Hi David,

It's not the only Scripture, what about Luke 1:35? The “HolySpirit”
    is responsible for Jesus' birth, Jesus is therefore called the “Son of God”.

Luke 1:35 And the angel(Gabriel) answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall
    come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore
    also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father
    Matthew 10:20
    For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,05:44)

Quote (david @ Feb. 26 2012,04:54)
    Is this the ONE and only scripture that you use to come to this conclusion?  What of the rest of the Bible?

nick?

Hi David,

It's not the only Scripture, what about Luke 1:35? The “HolySpirit”
    is responsible for Jesus' birth, Jesus is therefore called the “Son of God”.

Luke 1:35 And the angel(Gabriel) answered and said unto her, The HolySpirit shall
    also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

God bless

Where precisely does this scripture say that the holy spirit is “God”?

Being that it is often called gods holy spirit, the spirit of god, Gods finger, or arm, why can you not understand that just as I tell my finger what to do and it carries out my will, so too gods finger, his holy spirit accomplishes his will?

Yet, nowhere here are we told that gods holy spirit is “God”, are we?

AGAIN, there are 1000 times where it is directly said of the father, that he is God. And thousands of more times indirectly that he is God, and that he is to be worshipped.

We have none of that here. We here have god using his holy spirit to accomplish his will.

How does this prove gods holy spirit is God?

David

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    AGAIN you try to divide God from His Spirit.
    Do you have such powers?

david
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,05:35)
    Hi David,
    You seem to want to make an artificial division between God and His Spirit.
    Surely it should be plain to all that no such division occurs.
    Is this a relic of your tridentine God origins?

Nick, I make no more division between god and his holy spirit than I do between me and my own finger. It is “of” me. But that doesn't mean it is me.

By definition and common understanding of words, the spirit “of” God is not God himself.

Nick, why are you completely incapable of discussing acts 5?

?

I would think you would want to defend your position. Or can you not defend it?

david
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,05:53)
    Hi David,
    AGAIN you try to divide God from His Spirit.
    Do you have such powers?

Nick, I have the power to read, if that is What you imply.

Nick, you only attack. You can not discuss.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David, here is yet another verse for YOU…

“the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.” (John 14:10)

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    It goes without saying that God is one with His Spirit.
    So what point are you trying to make?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David, here is yet another…

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi David, here is yet another…

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave
    them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

God bless

abe
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 26 2012,05:44)

God bless

Hi Ed,

Lk.1:35 and the power of the highest shall overshadow thee:

ICor.1:24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Col.1:16 for in him ( Son) were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers: all things were created through him and into him………. Peace.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    CHRIST.
    The WORD

Not just the human vessel of Jesus

abe
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2012,07:12)
    Hi Abe,
    CHRIST.
    The WORD

Not just the human vessel of Jesus

Hi Nick,

Eph.6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God:

sword OF THE spirit………Peace.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,12:55)
    By definition and common understanding of words, the spirit “of” God is not God himself.

Oh, how many times I have SCREAMED this at Ed and others here. :)

Can you people not even understand the simple word “OF”? ???

If Jesus is Son, Christ, Lamb, Servant, etc OF God, then he is not the God he is those things OF.

If God's Spirit is OF God, then it is not the God it is OF.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Feb. 25 2012,00:01)
    Ed, which is correct?

1. YHVH
    2. Jehovah

I don't suggest either is correct, but only want to know your thoughts on the KJ, which has 'Jehovah', yet you use YHVH??

How about the newly published “Divine Name KJV”, which replaces “LORD” with “Jehovah” in all the places the NWT has had it all along?  ???

(And I don't really mean “replace”, since YHWH was the word that was there in the Hebrew texts. I just didn't know how else to say it.)

Viewing 20 posts - 4,921 through 4,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account