The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

you said,
    His reasoning conveniently ignores the third (and only scriptural) possiblility – that Jesus was a spirit being existing and having glory alongside his own God in the form of his own God BEFORE the world was created, and BEFORE he was made into the likeness of a human being.

WoW,  I can hardly believe this is what you believe.  As I had said before you make Jesus a little God.  Do you really believe that God would allow another God to be worshiped.

EXODUS 34:14 †  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

DEUTERONOMY 6:13 † Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.  14 † Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

You know I am perplexed at how you can see a created spirit being made into flesh and not be able to see God making a flesh temple for HIMSELF to dwell in.  :(

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,13:09)

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 15 2012,18:31)
    1 Tim 3:16 should have straightened this out, but no you claim the KJV bibles are wrong.

Did you read the source I linked you to?  Do you remember this is a Trinitarian source who would like nothing more than for 1 Tim 3:16 to say “God came in the flesh”?  Yet they can't say it because it just isn't true.

Hi Mike,

The AKJV Bible is translated correctly here,
    because it is speaking of God. Compare these to verses…

2Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1Tm.3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh(John 1:14),
    justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,13:43)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2012,18:12)
    Hi Mike,

There is nothing to suggest that the Angel spoken of in Exodus 23:20 was (according to you) Jesus.

Ed,

Re-read my post, and look to the part where I said provided that this “angel of God” even was Jesus……...

Don't say “according to me” unless it actually IS “according to me”.

As for the rest of your posts, I have no interest in showing you yet again that if Holy Spirit is OF God, it can't BE God.

Let it go, because you have shown yourself unwilling to accept the meaning of the word “OF”, not to mention the scriptures that clearly list God's Holy Spirit as something He SENDS or GIVES.  If you are unwilling to accept these simple kinds of things, then I am unwilling to waste my time showing them to you again.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

I should have said (as suggested by Mike); sor. :(
    Your spirit not only of you but is you; do you disagree?

God bless

barley
    Participant

Quote (digger @ July 12 2004,05:22)
    Question: The Spirit with no PERSONAL NAME

If the Holy spirit is the third person in a trinity why does the Holy Spirit not possess a personal name after all the Father has a personal name: Jehovah/Yahweh and the Son of God has a personal name Jesus and He was also named Michael the Archangel Thess 4:16 in His former existence.
    Yet search through the scriptures and you will find there is no personal name for the Holy Spirit which proves there is only ONE TRUE GOD the Father and only ONE LORD JESUS the SON of the Father. Therefore the Holy Spirit is God's power/force and love but not a person.

God is holy

God is spirit   John 4:24

There is no reason not to conclude that God is “the Holy Spirit”

Another name/title/description of God.

However, we must distinguish between God the Holy Spirit and his gift of holy spirit to us his people.

We have received the gift of holy spirit.  That is incorruptible seed.  I Peter 1:23  Acts 1:8  Acts 2:38

barley

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Ed,

Because I didn't even SUGGEST that the angel sent before the Israelites was Jesus. It was Marlin who claimed Jesus AS GOD went before them in the wilderness.

And I was saying, in effect, “There is no proof that the angel WAS Jesus…………..but EVEN IF IT WAS, it proves he was an angel OF God, and not God Himself.”

And I'm not discussing spirit with you anymore, Ed. You have proven to be more stubborn than teachable. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 15 2012,22:25)
    Do you really believe that God would allow another God to be worshiped.

There is no scripture in the whole Bible that says Jesus was ever “worshipped”, or will someday be “worshipped”.

And this is another subject (about the Greek word “proskuneo”) that we can get into sometime.  

But right now, I really want an answer about Acts 2:22.  WHO did the miracles, and THROUGH WHOM were they done?

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 15 2012,22:25)
    You know I am perplexed at how you can see a created spirit being made into flesh and not be able to see God making a flesh temple for HIMSELF to dwell in.  :(

Then it's not my understanding that perplexes you, Marlin, but the very scriptures themselves – because this is EXACTLY what they teach.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2012,22:30)

2Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1Tm.3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh(John 1:14),
    justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

And compare your verses to:
    18 No one has ever seen God, but the only begotten god, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

you said,

Revelation 3:12
    Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

So Marlin, assuming that you are correct, and the name of God Almighty is “Jesus Christ”, and knowing that it was Jesus Christ who said the above words:

1.  WHO is God Almighty referring to as “my God”?
    2.  Does God Almighty have a God of His own?
    3.  Why will some have written on them the name of Jesus' God (who he said was also our God in John 20:17)……….AND ALSO Jesus' new name?

Doesn't that make it seem as if some of them will have written on them the new name of “God Almighty” AND the name of the God of “God Almighty”?  How do you explain these conundrums, Marlin?

Marlin, in the process of me addressing your point, I would also like for you to address mine from before:

In Acts 2:22,  WHO did the miracles, signs, and wonders?  And THROUGH WHOM were those miracles, signs, and wonders done?

Just as before, we will have to separate flesh from spirit.  Jesus was fully a man and He will always be a man.  God didn't come in His glorified body as He did when He came and visited with Abraham.
    He created a man, Jesus, to tabernacle in.  

Luke 2:11 says,
    “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, Which is Christ the Lord”.
    He was born the Christ, and eight days later when He was circumcised He was named Jesus

He was born the anointed one of God.

You and I are men and we will always be men.  We won't become angels, we will always be men.  We will have a glorified body, but we will still be men.

It is the same with Jesus, He was a real man and He is God.  The God Man.
    Don't you believe that Jesus was a spirit being before God sent Him to earth.  If you believe that, why is it so hard to believe that that Spirit Being was GOD.

A1.  When Jesus was on the earth, He prayed to His Father in heaven.  The God He speaks of here is the same.

A2.  That is what you believe, you are the one that makes Jesus a little God.

A3.  Why will some have two names, I don't know.

A4. Acts 2:2 Jesus was a man that did only what God showed Him to do.

JOHN 5:19 † Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Now let's see, did that change anything.  NO not at all, it was still God in Jesus reconciling man to Himself.  It has always been the selfsame Spirit.  

There is only one name by which man can be saved.  That name is more then a mans, it is the God Man's name.  The Lord Jesus Christ.

ACTS 4:12 † Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Thanks for sharing about your christening.  I understand that there are some churches still today that call christenings (baptisms), but it is not according to the Word.

We as Christians, have to make the decision for ourselves, right.  So no baby baptisms.
    We as Christians only have three physical Divine orders left to us: communion; feet-washing; water baptism.

Not that any of these save, they don't, but they must be important, because Paul made people get rebaptized correctly before they could receive the Holy Ghost.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

Do you really believe that praying to Jesus Christ is not worship.
    Do you really believe that getting baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ is not worship.

ACTS 4:10 † Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    11 † This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
    12 † Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Peter didn't pray in the name of Father or in the name of Son or in the name of Holy Ghost, He prayed in the most high name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Do you believe there is another name greater to be saved by.

So you think the bible teaches that Jesus is a little God, (a god less the God, like satan wants to be)
    I am sorry brother, but that just isn't so.  No scripture at all, just wrong understanding.  God became Flesh, just as the scriptures say.  If you don't want to believe that, that is your choice, but don't say it is scriptural.  Your teaching of this came from mans teaching and not revelation from God.

In fact Jesus said,

MAT 28:18 † And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

If there is another god then he doesn't have any power, does he.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 17 2012,11:01)
    No Ed,

Because I didn't even SUGGEST that the angel sent before the Israelites was Jesus.  It was Marlin who claimed Jesus AS GOD went before them in the wilderness.

And I was saying, in effect, “There is no proof that the angel WAS Jesus…………..but EVEN IF IT WAS, it proves he was an angel OF God, and not God Himself.”

And I'm not discussing spirit with you anymore, Ed.  You have proven to be more stubborn than teachable.  :)

Hi Mike,

OK, thanks for clarifying that,
    I assumed you were making that point.

You still are not considering that my view may be correct;
    so I must continue to produce applicable Scriptures when it comes up.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 17 2012,11:14)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2012,22:30)

And compare your verses to:
    18 No one has ever seen God, but the only begotten god, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

Hi Mike,

It took Spiritual eyes for them to see YHVH in Jesus.
    John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father,

save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Phillip asked: John 14:8-9 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
    he that hath seen me HATH seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Thomas seen: John 20:28-29 And Thomas answered and
    said unto him, my Lord  “AND”  my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him,

Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed(God was in him):
    blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 16 2012,19:34)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan)
    Does God Almighty have a God of His own?

That is what you believe,you are the one that makes Jesus a little God.

Yet the scripture has the one YOU think IS God Almighty talking about HIS OWN God.  So how do YOU explain God Almighty HAVING a God?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan)
    In Acts 2:22,  WHO did the miracles, signs, and wonders?  And THROUGH WHOM were those miracles, signs, and wonders done?

God didn't come in His glorified body as He did when He came and visited with Abraham.

So then the scriptures are wrong that God sent His Son into the world?  In reality, God actually created a body so HE HIMSELF could come into the world, dwell among mankind, and for some reason, have the glory of the own begotten Son OF God, instead of the glory of Himself?  ???

So like I said, you believe that God is His own “anointed one”, right?

Don't you believe that Jesus was a spirit being before God sent Him to earth.  If you believe that, why is it so hard to believe that that Spirit Being was GOD.

Many reasons, one of which is that the Word was WITH God.  God cannot be WITH God, unless we're speaking of TWO Gods.

Another reason is that God exalted Jesus to an even higher position than the one he left to come to earth.  How can God Almighty be any higher than “God Almighty”?  And who could possibly exalt God Almighty to a position?  Who is it that can give to or take away from God Almighty?

Acts 2:2 Jesus was a man that did only what God showed Him to do.

What do you mean by “Jesus only did what GOD showed him to do”?  I thought Jesus WAS God.  Who was this “God” showing Jesus what to do?

Didn't you just say that God created a body and came to earth?  Who then, was showing God on earth what to do?

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

Your last post is unreadable, can you fix the formatting and resend.

God Bless
    Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 16 2012,20:53)
    In fact Jesus said,

MAT 28:18 † And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

If there is another god then he doesn't have any power, does he.

And if there ISN'T another God, say, the One called “God Most High” and “God OF gods”, then who exactly GAVE Jesus all AUTHORITY?  

(The word doesn't mean “power” anyway, but “authority”.)

Marlin, I will discuss the “worship” thing with you soon enough. Right now, we have enough on our plates to last a while.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 17 2012,17:40)
    Brother Mike,

Your last post is unreadable, can you fix the formatting and resend.

God Bless
    Marlin

I have sent a message to t8, the owner of the site. I don't know what happened there. :)

I have the post saved on my Word program. Let me try to post it one point at a time and see if that works.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    2.  Does God Almighty have a God of His own?

A2.  That is what you believe,you are the one that makes Jesus a little God.

Yet the scripture has the one YOU think IS God Almighty talking about HIS OWN God.  So how do YOU explain God Almighty HAVING a God?

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

God didn't come in His glorified body as He did when He came and visited with Abraham.

So then the scriptures are wrong that God sent His Son into the world?  In reality, God actually created a body so HE HIMSELF could come into the world, dwell among mankind, and for some reason, have the glory of the own begotten Son OF God, instead of the glory of Himself?  ???

So like I said, you believe that God is His own “anointed one”, right?

Many reasons, one of which is that the Word was WITH God.  God cannot be WITH God, unless we're speaking of TWO Gods.

Another reason is that God exalted Jesus to an even higher position than the one he left to come to earth.  How can God Almighty be any higher than “God Almighty”?  And who could possibly exalt God Almighty to a position?  Who is it that can give to or take away from God Almighty?

A4. Acts 2:2 Jesus was a man that did only what God showed Him to do.

What do you mean by “Jesus only did what GOD showed him to do”?  I thought Jesus WAS God.  Who was this “God” showing Jesus what to do?

Didn't you just say that God created a body and came to earth?  Who then, was showing God on earth what to do?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Can you believe that one omitted comma in the “mikeboll64” part cause all that nonsense? :)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2010,06:20)
    Hi Th,
    So God's power is not a separate person from the Father.
    But the Spirit produces fruit as well as shown in God's family.
    The Spirit is called the Spirit of God many many times in scripture.

Gal5

Though the Spirit of God is unique the similarities between the relationship of man to his spirit and God to His are shown in 1Cor2

Hi Nick H.

Please see my post ''Who realy is tha holy spirit.”

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 19 2012,04:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2010,06:20)
    Hi Th,
    So God's power is not a separate person from the Father.
    But the Spirit produces fruit as well as shown in God's family.
    The Spirit is called the Spirit of God many many times in scripture.

Gal5

Though the Spirit of God is unique the similarities between the relationship of man to his spirit and God to His are shown in 1Cor2

Hi Nick H.

Please see my post ''Who realy is tha holy spirit.”

wakeup.

wakeup

Nick is no longer on the forum,so you will not receive any answer from him ,

but you can go back in time and see what he ad said,

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 18 2012,10:51)
    Can you believe that one omitted comma in the “mikeboll64” part cause all that nonsense?  :)

Hi Mike,

Adding a comma to the wrong parts of Scripture changes the meaning there too.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 4,681 through 4,700 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account