The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,581 through 4,600 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,12:47)
    Brother Mikeboll64,

JOHN 1:1 †  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    JOHN 1:2  † The same was in the beginning with God.

JOHN 1:14 † And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word was and is God and God became flesh, the one and only God.  Believe it or not.

As for your question, I did,  You will have to separate flesh from Spirit. Or you can never see that God is Spirit and has always been Spirit.  And that this God came to reconcile us back to Himself.  For He was made known in Jesus the man.

God Bless
    Marlin

That's a confusing and unscriptural teaching, Marlin. But I will respect Ed's wishes and take this up with you another time and another place.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,17:52)
    I am glad that you can see that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ.

The name of the Trinity Godhead is “Jesus the Anointed OF God”?  ???

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,17:52)
    the bright and morning star

Who are called morning stars in scripture?  God or His angels?  ???

Sorry Ed.

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mikeboll64,

Mikeboll64 The name of the Trinity Godhead is “Jesus the Anointed OF God”? ???

That is a new one on me, of all the trinity people I have talked to, they would never say that. They would be afraid of taking something from the Father or Holy Spirit.

As to your second question

Who are called morning stars in scripture? God or His angels?

Jesus Christ is the bright and morning star.

REVELATION 22:16
    » 16 † I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

God Bless
    Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 29 2011,17:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 20 2010,03:27)
    edj
    anyone who believes that ,he must believe in the trinity ,

Hi Terra.

Here is something interesting.
    2john5:7. For there are three that bare record in heaven.
    The father, The Word, And the holy ghost:And these three are one.
    The father=God.  TheWord= Jesus. The holy spirit=The spirit of truth. The essence of truth.

John16:13. howbeit, when he the SPIRIT OF TRUTH is come,he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself,but whatsoever he shall hear,that shall he speak:AND HE WILL SHOW YOU THINGS TO COME.(prophesies)

The Holy spirit spirit Hears God then he will speak:to us.

REGARDS TO YOU.

wakeup.

wakeup

you read those scriptures wrong;

1Jn 5:6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. , . And it is the Spirit who testifies because the Spirit is the truth
    1Jn 5:7 For there are three that testify:
    1Jn 5:8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

water = Baptism sacrificed his live = by blood

and all was done and accomplish as it was written in the scriptures = And it is the Spirit who testifies because the Spirit is the truth

this is better

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 28 2011,21:18)

Quote (Mikeboll @ 64)
    The name of the Trinity Godhead is “Jesus the Anointed OF God”?  ???

That is a new one on me,  of all the trinity people I have talked to, they would never say that.  They would be afraid of taking something from the Father or Holy Spirit.

But it is YOU who just said it, Marlin.  You said, “I am glad that you can see that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ.”

So I ask again:  Does it make sense to you that God's name would be “Jesus, the anointed one OF God”?  ???

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 28 2011,21:18)
    As to your second question

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    Who are called morning stars in scripture?  God or His angels?

Jesus Christ is the bright and morning star.
    REVELATION 22:16
    I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Yes, Jesus is the morning star in Rev 22:16.  My question was:  WHO are called “morning stars” in scripture?  God?  Or His angels?

Job 38:7
    while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

Isaiah 14:12
    How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Do the words “morning star” in the above two verses refer to God Himself?  Or to angels OF God?

Also, the verse you quoted mentions that Jesus is the “Offspring of David”.  Is God Almighty the offspring of a MAN?  ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 28 2011,17:29)
    The Holy spirit spirit Hears God then he will speak:to us.

That's right, Wakeup.

The Holy Spirit isn't God Himself, but one of the agencies through which God speaks and accomplishes.

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mikeboll64,

You said,

But it is YOU who just said it, Marlin.  You said, “I am glad that you can see that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ.”

So I ask again:  Does it make sense to you that God's name would be “Jesus, the anointed one OF God”?

What I said, I stick to, what you said, I have no idea how you came up with it.

As for me,  I believe the scripture, Mat 28:19 has to be the same as acts 2:38.  Jesus commanded His disciples to baptize a certain way.  And a few days later Peter commanded all to baptized in that NAME.
    Lord = Father over all
    Jesus = Son
    Christ = Anointed ( Holy Ghost)

So no I do not see it as “Jesus, the anointed one OF God”,  that would be just as good as 'Jesus only' like the United Pentecostal,  NO GOOD AT ALL

#2 Question

WHO are called “morning stars” in scripture?  God?  Or His angels?

There are many stars in the sky,  There are many Morning Stars in our sky.
    But there is only one Bright and Morning Star.  The Lord Jesus Christ.

#3 Question

Also, the verse you quoted mentions that Jesus is the “Offspring of David”.  Is God Almighty the offspring of a MAN?

Jesus the man was the offspring of David.
    To you the name Emmanuel means what?

God Bless in your walk
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 30 2011,14:06)

God Bless in your walk
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

It means the same thing John 1:14 means.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Ed J,

It also means the same as Mat 1:23,  “God With Us”
    Was the little flesh crying baby Jesus, God?  
    Can God be seen?
    Can God Die?

Jesus only did what the Father showed Him, right.
    Yet Jesus was God in the fullness.

God created the flesh Jesus to dwell in and that is what He did.  Emmanuel,(God with Us)
    God the Father the 1st 4000 years such as in the pillar of fire by night and clouds by day.
    God the Son in Jesus.  Making Himself a little smaller and closer to His creation.
    God the Holy Ghost in us. Again making Himself a little smaller and closer to His creation.
    Always the same Spirit God in each dispensation.

Jesus Himself said this,

JOHN 6:63 † It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Jehovah of the old testament, became the Lord Jesus Christ of the new testament.

God Bless
    Marlin

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 19 2010,20:51)
    Deut.6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: YHVH GOD is One!
    FATHER:The Wordknown in us believers ofHolySpirit“!

Luke 8:5…11 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side;
    and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock;
    and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
    And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.
    And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold.
    And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? And he said,
    Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others
    in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
    Now the parable is this: The seedisthe word of God.

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
    John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force,
    to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Psalm 29:10 The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD(HolySpirit) sitteth King for ever. (Rev.19:11-19)
    Psalm 10:16 The LORD(HolySpirit) is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

MaL.2:10 Have we not all one father(HolySpirit)? hath not one God(HolySpirit) created us?
    why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

1Cor.8:6 But to us there is but one” “God,the Father(HolySpirit), of whom are all things,
    and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him(HolySpirit).
    Eph.4:6 One God(HolySpirit) and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Above all: (AKJV Psalm 83:18)
    Through all: (AKJV Gal.4:5-7)
    In us all: (AKJV Eph.4:6)

Eph.2:12-15 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
    and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ;
    Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
    for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Luke 20:9-18 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard,
    and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time. And at the season he sent a servant
    to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him,
    and sent him away empty. And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully,
    and sent him away empty. And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.
    Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him
    when they see him. But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir:
    come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him.
    What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? He shall come and destroy these husbandmen,
    and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. And he beheld them, and said,
    What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
    Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Rev.16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth,
    and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
    And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

1Cor.1:17-23 17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel:
    not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
    For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;
    but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written,
    I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
    For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

The ONLY rule I want us all to follow is: ONLY one question per Post.
    If we follow that rule will all learn a lot from each other; OK everybody?
    When more than one question is asked: Invariably the question we want answered most, doesn't get addressed!

God bless you ALL…
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    “Witnessing” (AKJV Joshua 22:34) to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)

EdJ.

John 15:26. But when the Comforter is come,WHOM I WILL SEND UNTO YOU FROM THE FATHER,EVEN THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, WHICH PROCEEDETH FROM THE FATHER,HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME. (he who send is greater than he that is send.)

16:13. Howbeit, when he,the spirit of truth,is come,he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF,BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR,THAT SHALL HE SPEAK:AND HE WILL SHOW YOU THINGS TO COME.
    (he shall not speak of him self?)

14. He shall glorify me: FOR HE SHALL RECEIVE OF MINE,AND SHALL SHOW IT UNTO YOU.
    ( the Holy spirit will glorify Jesus?)

15. All things that the father hath are mine: therefore said I, THAT HE SHALL TAKE OF MINE,AND SHALL SHOW IT UNTO
    YOU.( he shall take of mine?)

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 29 2011,21:06)
    What I said, I stick to, what you said, I have no idea how you came up with it.

What?  ???  All I did was directly quote YOUR words.  What do you mean you have no idea how I came up with it?  ???

So no I do not see it as “Jesus, the anointed one OF God”,

Well, then you're not seeing it correctly.  “Christ” MEANS “anointed one”.  The phrase “Jesus Christ” MEANS “Jesus, the anointed one of God”.

So forgive me for not understanding how you would think the name of God Almighty would include the term “anointed one OF God”.

There are many stars in the sky,  There are many Morning Stars in our sky.
    But there is only one Bright and Morning Star.  The Lord Jesus Christ.

Since you apparently don't want to answer the question directly, I'll do it for you.  In scripture, the term “morning star” is never used for God Himself.  It is however, used of His angels, of which Jesus is one.

Jesus the man was the offspring of David.

And it sits okay with you that God Almighty, in any shape or form, was the offspring of a human being?  ???

God is with us.  And it fits perfectly, because God surely showed us that He was with us by sending His own Son to die as a ransom sacrifice to atone for our own iniquities.

The phrase “God is with us” is used many times in the OT.  It never refers to the Being of God Himself being LITERALLY WITH anyone.  It refers to God being “on our side”, or “supporting us”, etc.

Jesus was also called “Jehovah is our Righteousness”. But before you start thinking that Jesus IS Jehovah because of this name, remember two things:

1. Israel was also called by that same exact name.
    2. Many personal names in scripture have “Jehovah” or “God” in them. In fact, Joshua (Jesus) means “Jehovah is Salvation”.

peace,
    mike

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mike,

I do actually understand the TITLE , Jesus the anointed of God, just as He was called “Lilly of the Valley”, the 1st and the last, the bright and morning star, and many other TITLES.  We were speaking of His NAME.  
    I am called a lot of things, I only have one name and His name is the Lord Jesus Christ. You don't have to take my word for it.  There is a ton of scripture in Acts, that prove it.

God with us, in this instance means just that, ('LITERALLY WITH US'), God became Flesh and dwelt among us.  Jesus was the fulness of the Godhead bodily and All Power and Authority was given unto Him.
    His disciples also New who He was, so I would have been in pretty good company.

How do you reconcile Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38?   [???]
    Was one of them wrong?

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 31 2011,03:22)

Luke 8:5…11 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side;
    and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it. And some fell upon a rock;
    And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force,

Psalm 29:10 The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD(HolySpirit) sitteth King for ever. (Rev.19:11-19)
    Psalm 10:16 The LORD(HolySpirit) is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

MaL.2:10 Have we not all one father(HolySpirit)? hath not one God(HolySpirit) created us?
    why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

1Cor.8:6 But to us there is but one” “God,the Father(HolySpirit), of whom are all things,
    and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him(HolySpirit).
    Eph.4:6 One God(HolySpirit) and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Eph.2:12-15 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
    and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us ;
    Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;

Luke 20:9-18 Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard,
    and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time. And at the season he sent a servant
    to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him,
    and sent him away empty. And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully,
    and sent him away empty. And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.
    Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him
    when they see him. But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir:
    come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours. So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him.
    What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? He shall come and destroy these husbandmen,
    and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. And he beheld them, and said,
    What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
    Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
    I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
    Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
    For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
    For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

When more than one question is asked: Invariably the question we want answered most, doesn't get addressed!

God bless you ALL…

EdJ.

John 15:26. But when the Comforter is come,WHOM I WILL SEND UNTO YOU FROM THE FATHER,EVEN THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, WHICH PROCEEDETH FROM THE FATHER,HE SHALL TESTIFY OF ME. (he who send is greater than he that is send.)

16:13. Howbeit, when he,the spirit of truth,is come,he will guide you into all truth: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF,BUT WHATSOEVER HE SHALL HEAR,THAT SHALL HE SPEAK:AND HE WILL SHOW YOU THINGS TO COME.

14. He shall glorify me: FOR HE SHALL RECEIVE OF MINE,AND SHALL SHOW IT UNTO YOU.

15. All things that the father hath are mine: therefore said I, THAT HE SHALL TAKE OF MINE,AND SHALL SHOW IT UNTO

wakeup.

Hi Wake-up,

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again,
    a little while, an
    d ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 16:16 was fulfilled at Pentecost. (Link to the Pentecost thread)

John 14:23 If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    Heb.9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them
    that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Isaiah 64:4-5 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear,
    neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
    Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways:
    behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 31 2011,00:22)
    How do you reconcile Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38?

That's a good question, Marlin.  It is this very “discrepancy” in the scriptures that gives support to the claim that Matt 28:19 was added into scripture at a later time.

Why would not one of Jesus' disciples follow his direct formula for baptism?

As for your understanding, you first must accept that God has the name, “Jesus, the anointed one OF God”.  That in itself is enough to make a sensible person turn tail and run from this illogical thinking.

But for some reason, instead of running away from it, you go even farther off the deep end by claiming that God Almighty, who dwells in unappoachable light in heaven, came to dwell on earth, prayed to Himself, did miracles through Himself, asked Himself to let the cup pass away from Himself, and was ultimately killed by puny humans………..and then raised Himself from the dead.

Marlin, it seems that the only explanation for an illogical thought is to pile even more illogical thoughts on top of it.  By the time you're done, you've got such a mish mash of nonsense, that it becomes “okay” to rationalize even the most absurd claims.

Do you seriously think God Almighty could die?  Do you seriously think God Almighty has a God of His own?  I mean, why not think these absurd things once you've already rationalized in your mind that God's name would have “anointed OF God” in it?

It's a slippery slope, Marlin.  And you are sliding down it at break-neck speeds it seems.

As for me, I'll believe the scriptures that we have but one God, the Father.  And that one God has one begotten Son, who He SENT into the world.  THAT is what the scriptures teach – not that God Himself came in the flesh and died.

peace,
    mike

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 01 2012,13:15)

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 31 2011,03:22)

God bless you ALL…

EdJ.

15. All things that the father hath are mine: therefore said I, THAT HE SHALL TAKE OF MINE,AND SHALL SHOW
    IT UNTO

wakeup.

Hi Wake-up,

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again,
    a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 16:16 was fulfilled at Pentecost. (Link to the Pentecost thread)

John 14:23 If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
    and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    Heb.9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them
    that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Isaiah 64:4-5 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear,
    neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
    Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways:
    behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.

God bless

EDJ.

what are you trying to explain Ed?
    .John 16:16. happened that same week;they did not see Jesus for 3 1/2 days,then he was resurected,they saw him for 40 days,not continuosly;then he went to heaven next to his father.

The day of pantecost was his promise,in John16:7.

wakeup.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 26 2011,06:00)

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,03:19)
    After reading through these 110 pages, I kind of felt like Paul walking through the streets of Athens.

I seen signs of the one God, the one & one-half (Jesus small god), the two-ness God, the three-ness God( Trinity) and the seven-ness God.

I have a question for you.

MAT 28:19 †  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the Name here?

And please don't tell me that father, son or Holy Ghost are names.  For we all know that they are not.
    I am a father and a son and I have a spirit.  Those are just titles to my name.
    And also remember it says 'name' here, a single name.
    Isa 9:6 may help.

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

The name of the Father is: JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3)
    The name of the Son of God is: “Jesus” (Matt. 1:21)
    The name of the HolySpirit is: “The Word” (Rev.19:13)

I hope these verses clarifies that for you now, Marlin. :)

God bless

Hi Ed J

Jeremiah 33:2 Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it: The Lord is his name.

Luke 11:1 And it came to pass, that as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

Luke 11:2[//b] And he said unto them, when ye pray, say Our Father which art in heaven….

Jesus told us exactly how to pray. Why do men try to be more holier than Jesus? Jesus was the most holy, and we follow what he says, not man.

I think it is more endearing and personal to call God “Father” He is our true father, and it shows our closeness to him, and how close he is to us.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 01 2012,20:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 26 2011,06:00)

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,03:19)
    After reading through these 110 pages, I kind of felt like Paul walking through the streets of Athens.

I seen signs of the one God, the one & one-half (Jesus small god), the two-ness God, the three-ness God( Trinity) and the seven-ness God.

I have a question for you.

MAT 28:19 †  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the Name here?

And please don't tell me that father, son or Holy Ghost are names.  For we all know that they are not.
    I am a father and a son and I have a spirit.  Those are just titles to my name.
    And also remember it says 'name' here, a single name.
    Isa 9:6 may help.

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

The name of the Father is: JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3)
    The name of the Son of God is: “Jesus” (Matt. 1:21)
    The name of the HolySpirit is: “The Word” (Rev.19:13)

I hope these verses clarifies that for you now, Marlin. :)

God bless

Hi Ed J

Jeremiah 33:2   Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it:  The Lord is his name.

Luke 11:1   And it came to pass, that as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

Luke 11:2[//b]   And he said unto them, when ye pray, say Our Father which art in heaven….

Jesus told us exactly how to pray.  Why do men try to be more holier than Jesus?  Jesus was the most holy, and we follow what he says, not man.

I think it is more endearing and personal to call God “Father”  He is our true father, and it shows our closeness to him, and how close he is to us.

Hi Georgie,

Jesus prayer was fulfilled on Pentecost, when God's kingdom came. (Link to Pentecost thread)

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Hebrews 12:6-9 For whom the LORD loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
    7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
    8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
    9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence:
    shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

God bless

Marlin1
    Participant

Dear Brother Mike,

I am not the one on a slippery slope, my friend.

I am not the one that chooses to pick and choose which verses to believe.

I am not the one that believes that God is not able to protect His Word.

No, my brother, I am not the one that just tosses out What JESUS said in Mat 28:19.
    Are did you,  In what matter were you baptized in water?  Was it in the titles Father, Son, & Holy Ghost?  If it was, then you didn't throw out Mat 28:19, you threw out the book of Acts,(the early church).  Either way, you are the one that is on slippery ground, not I.

JOHN 2:19 † Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Who was it that raised Jesus, are is this just another scripture you don't believe to be correct.

JOHN 3:13 † And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Here Jesus standing there talking to them, says He is in heaven.  According to your logic, it must just be another mistake in the bible.

JOHN 6:63 † It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus the man, spoke not His own Words, did He.

Mike's quote,

Why would not one of Jesus' disciples follow his direct formula for baptism?

My brother, the 1st church, by revelation, baptized exactly what Jesus commanded them to do.
    They new by revelation, who Jesus was.

Mike's quote,

But for some reason, instead of running away from it, you go even farther off the deep end by claiming that God Almighty, who dwells in unappoachable light in heaven, came to dwell on earth, prayed to Himself, did miracles through Himself, asked Himself to let the cup pass away from Himself, and was ultimately killed by puny humans………..and then raised Himself from the dead.

COL 2:9 † For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Exactly what He did, God came to earth and dwelt in Jesus

JOHN 5:19 † Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

It was Jesus, the man(Flesh), only repeating what He had seen already done, by God.  So until you can separate FLESH from SPIRIT, you will never see the truth of who Jesus really is.

MAT 16:16 † And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    17 † And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

My brother, it is not be head knowledge, it is be revelation from God.  Just the same as it was in that day, it is today.

Cain had heard the same stories as Able, Cain had the same head knowledge as Able.  They both brought the 1st fruits of their yield.  Yet Able had the revelation of what was required.

As it required revelation then, it requires revelation today.  It can not be taught by man,  it is given freely to as many as will come and seek with all their hearts.

God Bless and Happy New Year my Brother,

Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Jan. 02 2012,04:29)
    Dear Brother Mike,

COL 2:9 † For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Exactly what He did, God came to earth and dwelt in Jesus

God Bless and Happy New Year my Brother,
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

2 Cor 5:19: “To wit, that God(HolySpirit) was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;
    and hath committed unto us “The Word” of reconciliation.”

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
          compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless

Marlin1
    Participant

Thanks brother Ed,

Nice scriptural backup to what I said.

Bro. Marlin

Viewing 20 posts - 4,581 through 4,600 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account