The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,561 through 4,580 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 11 2011,06:56)
    In the beginnig was the Word and the Word was with Father and the Word was Father.

Hi WJ,

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That
    man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
    Mathew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man
    shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that
    proceedeth out of “The Mouth of God” (YHVH).

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and
    “The Word” which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And
    I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore,
    even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Marlin1
    Participant

After reading through these 110 pages, I kind of felt like Paul walking through the streets of Athens.

I seen signs of the one God, the one & one-half (Jesus small god), the two-ness God, the three-ness God( Trinity) and the seven-ness God.

I have a question for you.

MAT 28:19 †  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the Name here?

And please don't tell me that father, son or Holy Ghost are names.  For we all know that they are not.
    I am a father and a son and I have a spirit.  Those are just titles to my name.
    And also remember it says 'name' here, a single name.
    Isa 9:6 may help.

Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Marlin,

Welcome to Heaven Net.

There is quite a bit of suggestion, and some proof, that Matt 28:19 was added into the scriptures at a later date.

But, assuming it is legit, “name of” could refer to “authority of”, right?

Which brings up the question:  Why did none of the disciples ever baptize anyone using this formula?

What is YOUR take on it?

Marlin1
    Participant

Mikeboll64,

Hi Brother,  I believe it is exactly what Jesus told His disciples.  I also believe that they had the revelation of what the name was.  I believe that Peter states it in Acts 2:38….

reasons why.
    1.  Peter was given the keys to the kingdom and Jesus told him what ever he bound on earth would be bound in heaven.
    2.  I believe God's Word is truth.  So to me Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38 have to say the same.
    3.  Paul baptized the same as Peter.
    4.  Being baptized in Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, like most of the churches do today is not being baptized in any name at all, for those are titles, just like all the other titles of God.  That came from the Catholic Church, just like the trinity.

God Bless you my Brother.  may the Lord bless you and yours this holiday season.

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,22:49)
    Mikeboll64,

Hi Brother,  I believe it is exactly what Jesus told His disciples.  I also believe that they had the revelation of what the name was.  I believe that Peter states it in Acts 2:38….

reasons why.
    1.  Peter was given the keys to the kingdom and Jesus told him what ever he bound on earth would be bound in heaven.
    2.  I believe God's Word is truth.  So to me Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38 have to say the same.
    3.  Paul baptized the same as Peter.
    4.  Being baptized in Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, like most of the churches do today is not being baptized in any name at all, for those are titles, just like all the other titles of God.  That came from the Catholic Church, just like the trinity.

God Bless you my Brother.  may the Lord bless you and yours this holiday season.

Marlin

Marlin1

check this in;Scripture & Biblical Teaching » Is matthew 28:19 about water baptism?

it is on page 2or 3 I think

then you can check ;Baptism

all of those are related to Mat 28;19

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Marlin,

So you think “Jesus Christ” is the name of the Father, Son and Spirit?

Don't you know that “Jesus Christ” refers to “Jesus the Anointed one of God”?

Why would the name of God include a word that suggests our God was anointed by someone?  Who anointed God?

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother mikeboll64,

Does not the Word say that GOD became flesh and dwelt among us. Separate Spirit from flesh and you will have no trouble. God is our redeemer, not another god, but the God of the universe.

would you like to explain the two verses, without changing one or the other.

Marlin

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,12:02)
    Does not the Word say that GOD became flesh and dwelt among us?

No. That teaching is nowhere to be found in scripture. God is neither man nor son of man. (Numbers 23:19)

Perhaps you could now answer my question:

Why would the name of God include a word that suggests our God was anointed by someone? Who anointed God?

Marlin1
    Participant

brother Pierre,

KJ said,

So baptism by water had already been a practice in the old testament as it was instituted by Moses. Jesus did not institute water baptism and He NEVER commanded it.

and Pierre agreed,

yes you right ,the way i understand it ,is that the water baptizing was only for Jews,because John baptism was about repentance of the sins by breaking the law ,
    a law that the gentiles did not have.

This is very very sad my brother.  Do you think that Peter and Paul lied.  Let me show you a bible truth.

ACTS 2:36  † Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

ACTS 2:37 † Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

ACTS 2:38  † Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

ACTS 2:39 † For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

In verse 36, God has made Jesus both LORD and CHRIST.
    Verse 38, Peter commanded them to Repent ,(pray forgiveness and change their ways) and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and then after God will give the Holy Ghost.
    Verse 39, The promise is to you (Jew), their children, and to those far off (Gentile), even as many as the Lord shall call.

Paul preached the same thing as Peter, by the revelation of Jesus to Him.  

ACTS 19:2 † He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

ACTS 19:3 † And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

ACTS 19:4 † Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

ACTS 19:5 † When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

ACTS 19:6 † And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

These brothers believed and had not received the Holy Ghost.  Paul commanded them to be re-baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ.

And my brother He is still calling, but not for long.  For the age is just about closed.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Mikeboll64,

JOHN 1:1 †  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    JOHN 1:2  † The same was in the beginning with God.

JOHN 1:14 † And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word was and is God and God became flesh, the one and only God.  Believe it or not.

As for your question, I did,  You will have to separate flesh from Spirit. Or you can never see that God is Spirit and has always been Spirit.  And that this God came to reconcile us back to Himself.  For He was made known in Jesus the man.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,03:19)
    After reading through these 110 pages, I kind of felt like Paul walking through the streets of Athens.

I seen signs of the one God, the one & one-half (Jesus small god), the two-ness God, the three-ness God( Trinity) and the seven-ness God.

MAT 28:19 †  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the Name here?

And please don't tell me that father, son or Holy Ghost are names.  For we all know that they are not.

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

The name of the Father is: JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3)
    The name of the Son of God is: “Jesus” (Matt. 1:21)
    The name of the HolySpirit is: “The Word” (Rev.19:13)

I hope these verses clarifies that for you now, Marlin. :)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

This thread is about… HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ

I hope you all will try stay on topic, please!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 26 2011,05:02)
    Brother mikeboll64,

Does not the Word say that GOD became flesh and dwelt among us.  Separate Spirit from flesh and you will have no trouble.  God is our redeemer, not another god, but the God of the universe.

would you like to explain the two verses, without changing one or the other.

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

2 Cor 5:19 To wit, that God(HolySpirit) was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;
    and hath committed unto us “The Word” of reconciliation.

God bless

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Ed J,

I am sorry brother, that doesn't reconcile Mat 28:19 to acts 2:38…. To believe it the way you just said would make Peter and Paul, by the Holy Ghost, Liers. And that is not so my brother.

For Jesus just 10 days prier to acts 2:38 commanded they baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. And Peter by the Holy Ghost said it was the Name of Jesus Christ…..

God Bless
    Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 26 2011,12:23)
    brother Pierre,

KJ said,

So baptism by water had already been a practice in the old testament as it was instituted by Moses. Jesus did not institute water baptism and He NEVER commanded it.

and Pierre agreed,

yes you right ,the way i understand it ,is that the water baptizing was only for Jews,because John baptism was about repentance of the sins by breaking the law ,
    a law that the gentiles did not have.

This is very very sad my brother.  Do you think that Peter and Paul lied.  Let me show you a bible truth.

ACTS 2:36  † Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

ACTS 2:37 † Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

ACTS 2:38  † Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

ACTS 2:39 † For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

In verse 36, God has made Jesus both LORD and CHRIST.
    Verse 38, Peter commanded them to Repent ,(pray forgiveness and change their ways) and be baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ and then after God will give the Holy Ghost.
    Verse 39, The promise is to you (Jew), their children, and to those far off (Gentile), even as many as the Lord shall call.

Paul preached the same thing as Peter, by the revelation of Jesus to Him.  

ACTS 19:2 † He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

ACTS 19:3 † And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

ACTS 19:4 † Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

ACTS 19:5 † When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

ACTS 19:6 † And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

These brothers believed and had not received the Holy Ghost.  Paul commanded them to be re-baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ.

And my brother He is still calling, but not for long.  For the age is just about closed.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin

For now one question,when and how and where the apostles have been baptized in Christ ?

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 26 2011,07:06)
    Brother Ed J,

I am sorry brother, that doesn't reconcile Mat 28:19 to acts 2:38….   To believe it the way you just said would make Peter and Paul, by the Holy Ghost, Liers.  And that is not so my brother.

For Jesus just 10 days prier to acts 2:38 commanded they baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  And Peter by the Holy Ghost said it was the Name of Jesus Christ…..

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin, you do know the name Jesus means “JEHOVAH's Salvation”; do you not?

There are no discrepancies between Mat 28:19 and Acts 2:38.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ
    for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the HolySpirit. (Acts 2:38)

Look carefully at Eph.4:4-6…

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
          compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless

Marlin1
    Participant

Brother Ed J,

I's sorry brother, I guess I misunderstood you. I am glad that you can see that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ. For He is the all of it and no one comes to the Father except by the Son. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. The Lilla of the valley, the bright and morning star, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, the All Of IT.

Peter instituted exactly what Jesus had told them to do 10 days earlier. And that has never changed and will never change.

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 26 2011,06:00)

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 25 2011,03:19)

What is the Name here?

Marlin

Hi Marlin,

The name of the Father is: JEHOVAH (Exodus 6:3)
    The name of the Son of God is: “Jesus” (Matt. 1:21)
    The name of the HolySpirit is: “The Word” (Rev.19:13)

I hope these verses clarifies that for you now, Marlin. :)

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Marlin,

Did you somehow miss this post?

God bless

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Dec. 26 2011,10:52)
    Brother Ed J,

I's sorry brother, I guess I misunderstood you.  I am glad that you can see that the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ.  For He is the all of it and no one comes to the Father except by the Son.  He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. The Lilla of the valley, the bright and morning star, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost,  the All Of IT.

Peter instituted exactly what Jesus had told them to do 10 days earlier.  And that has never changed and will never change.

God Bless
    Marlin

Amen. Good post. Peace brother.Mark

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 20 2010,03:27)
    edj
    anyone who believes that ,he must believe in the trinity ,

Hi Terra.

Here is something interesting.
    2john5:7. For there are three that bare record in heaven.
    The father, The Word, And the holy ghost:And these three are one.
    The father=God. TheWord= Jesus. The holy spirit=The spirit of truth. The essence of truth.

John16:13. howbeit, when he the SPIRIT OF TRUTH is come,he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself,but whatsoever he shall hear,that shall he speak:AND HE WILL SHOW YOU THINGS TO COME.(prophesies)

The Holy spirit spirit Hears God then he will speak:to us.

REGARDS TO YOU.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,561 through 4,580 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account