The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 04 2010,22:49)
    WJ……….You ARE not preaching Jesus as one (in agreement (WITH) GOD the FATHER) but you are preaching and teaching HE IS A GOD. You two examples are distorted and simply not true. .

How so Gene?

Tell me, do you believe Jesus deserves “LESS HONOUR” than the Father?

Its a simple yes or no question!

How true are you to your “Only Lord and Master”, can you call him that?

Another simple yes or no question!

One more thing, other than the fact that you say Jesus being the Son of God means he cannot be God (though you are a son to your Father and are equally human), can you tell me in what way Jesus is less than the Father in nature?

Blessings WJ

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,

I support those who speak the truth at the point that they speak the truth.

If you speak the truth, I support you at that point 'concerning' that truth.

This I have demonstrated. Even TT, I have done the same with…

I may deal more harshly with those in one camp than in another depending on how far from the truth their major belief falls.

Quote (JustAskin @ Feb. 05 2010,11:39)
    I may deal more harshly with those in one camp than in another depending on how far from the truth their major belief falls.

JA

Why should you be “dealing harshly” with anyone on this forum?

Why not just let the truth speak for itself? The Truth does not need your judgment on others and their motives does it?

That is the Holy Spirits ministry isn't it?

Who has set you over anyone here as a judge to deal with them harshly?

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

WJ
    what is the holy spirit ?????? your understanding

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 06 2010,03:29)

WJ……….You ARE not preaching Jesus as one (in agreement (WITH) GOD the FATHER) but you are preaching and teaching HE IS A GOD. You two examples are distorted and simply not true. .

How so Gene?

One more thing, other than the fact that you say Jesus being the Son of God means he cannot be God (though you are a son to your Father and are equally human), can you tell me in what way Jesus is less than the Father in nature?

Blessings WJ

WJ………Even though I may be a Human in nature as my Father i still and not His equal in Position , Jesus and all who Have the FATHERS SEED (Nature) IN them are not equal to GOD the FATHER the CREATOR of ALL things. Anyone who tries to make anyone equal to GOD is an IDOLATER as SCRIPTURE SAYS. GOD the FATHER said there is (NO) Other GOD BESIDES HIM, He also said He knew of NONE. But you trinitarians think You can disregard the word of GOD and create another GOD. How can GOD not hold you responsible for that WJ.

peace and love……………gene

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 05 2010,22:38)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 06 2010,03:29)

How so Gene?

Blessings WJ

WJ………Even though I may be a Human in nature as my Father i still and not His equal in Position , Jesus and all who Have the FATHERS SEED (Nature) IN them are not equal to GOD the FATHER the CREATOR of ALL things. Anyone who tries to make anyone equal to GOD is an IDOLATER as SCRIPTURE SAYS. GOD the FATHER said there is (NO) Other GOD BESIDES HIM, He also said He knew of NONE. But you trinitarians think You can disregard the word of GOD and create another GOD. How can GOD not hold you responsible for that WJ.

peace and love……………gene

Gene

I didn't think you could answer the questions?

But, thanks anyways?

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

hi

you all fail to say what is the holy spirit ,??

you identified , its name,were it comes from,what it can do ,whose using it,

but we still don' t know what it is and how it is in men and how to aquired and ohw you can lose it ??

any one answer ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…….Jesus' Honor is not His HONOR but GOD the FATHERS HONOR, (“he who believes in me does (NOT) believe in ME but He who has sent me”, can you figure what Jesus meant by that statement.  Jesus could do (NOTHING) HIMSELF , It was GOD the FATHER doing the WORK Jesus was following What GOD was doing. Scripture says GOD ” GIVES HIS GLORY TO (NO) MAN. Jesus was a man, SO the Glory went to the FATHER on everything that was DONE through Jesus on earth, every Miracle done, was done by the Father (IN) HIM, that applies to the apostles, it was GOD the FATHER confirming their words by the miracles following then , GOD also confirmed the words Jesus spoke by those same Miracles he did through Jesus also. Jesus plainly said that he GLORIFIED THE FATHER ON THE EARTH, and ask GOD the FATHER to glorify himself and a voice said “(I) Both Have and Will.  Trying to push Jesus to the level of GOD the FATHER is only robbing the FATHER of Glory that belongs to HIM, something Jesus (NEVER) DID. IMO

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca…………….Spirit is what intellect (IS) it is what animates our bodies, it is the force or power of Life itself and abides in all things that has life without it nothing (CAN) Live . I use the word intellect because every thing that has life shows signs of intelligence at work in it. From a one celled ameba's to a human beings all show intelligence in them . GOD said if he were to retract His spirit all life would cease to exist. God is Spirit and everything has His spirit in it, or it could not live, that is why GOD is Omnipresent, because He is its LIFE. Now These SPIRIT'S ARE intellects , and they are expressed in WORD. Jesus said the (WORDS) he was speaking (ARE) SPIRIT and ARE LIFE , why because SPIRIT is WHAT LIFE IS. IMO

gollamudi
    Participant

Encyclopedia of Judaism: Holy Spirit

The Spirit of God, at work in Creation and manifesting itself in individuals, often resulting in prophetic visions and inspired speech (see Revelation). In the Bible, it is referred to as Ru'aḥ ha-Kodesh (“Holy Spirit”), or Ru'aḥ Elohim, or Ru'aḥ Adonai (“Spirit of God”). There are some 80 references in the Bible to such a Spirit and when it rests upon a man, he is enabled to perform a designated task for God. For example, Bezalel designs the Sanctuary (Ex. 3 5:30ff.), Samson kills a lion and his Philistine enemies (Judg. 14:6, 15:14ff.), and Saul prophesies (I Sam. 10:10). In eschatological visions, the Holy Spirit is linked to Divine judgment (Isa. 4:4), the ideal ruler (Isa. 11:2), and the renewal of the Covenant with Israel (Isa. 32:15). The rabbis held that the Holy Spirit rested upon the High Priest when he consulted the oracle of the Urim and Thummim, upon King David When he wrote the Psalms, and upon King Solomon when he wrote Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Songs.
    The Talmud states that when the last of the prophets, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi, died, the Holy Spirit ceaded to manifest itself in Israel (Yoma 9b). However, the Midrash states that the Holy Spirit continues to rest on the pious God-fearing people of each generation: “All that the righteous do, they do with the power of the Holy Spirit” (Tanḥ., Va-Yehi 13). This power confers the ability to see into the future, to call down blessings on those in need, and to discern the spiritual source of the physical world. The Mishnah says that “piety leads to the Holy Spirit” (Sot. 9:15); this is a degree of spiritual perfection achieved only by the tsaddikim (righteous) of each generation, but on auspicious occasions, such as the Sabbath and festivals, even an ordinary Jew can feel the Holy Spirit resting upon him.

Maimonides<ruaḥ Ha-Kodesh One of the Lower Degrees of prophecy. He states: "The Holy Spirit means that an individual finds that a certain thing has descended upon him … so that he utters wise sayings … concerning governmental or Divine matters" (Guide 2:45). He further writes that "this prophetic spirit rests only upon one who is great in wisdom and strong in moral character, whose passions never overcome him … and who is continually occupied with great and noble ideas … He contemplates the wisdom of God as reflected in His creatures and knows from this His greatness" (Yad, Yesodé ha-Torah 7:1)

Bible Guide: Holy Spirit

The Spirit of God, that manifestation of the one God working in creation and especially in human beings. The Holy Spirit is referred to in the OT about 80 times and about 240 times in the NT. It is the Spirit of God moving over the surface of the water (Gen 1:2) who is active in the creation (cf Ps 104:30). The Spirit is frequently described in the OT as “came upon” or “clothing” or simply “resting upon” men. Whenever this happens the person so affected is then enabled to perform some designated task for God. Thus Bezalel is able to fashion the tabernacle and its utensils (Ex 35:30ff), Gideon summons the Israelites to battle (Judg 6:34ff), Samson kills a lion and his Philistine enemies (Judg 14:6; 15:14ff), and King Saul prophesies (I Sam 10:10ff). The Holy Spirit is the source of the strength of mighty men (Judg 14:6, 19; 15:14; I Sam 11:6), the inspiration of rulers (I Sam 16:13; Is 11:2) and prophets (Mic 3:8; cf Num 11:25-26; I Sam 10:6, 10), often producing unexpected results (I Kgs 18:12; II Kgs 2:16; Ezek 8:3; 11:24), and the gift of intellectual and artistic endowments (Dan 5:14). In eschatological prophecies the Holy Spirit is associated with divine judgment (Is 4:4), the ideal ruler (Is 11:2), the renewal of the covenant with Israel (Is 32:15; Ezek 11:19; 36:26; Joel 2:28) and future repentance (Zech 12:10ff).

The NT writers quite noticeably expand the role of the Holy Spirit, who is mentioned by all but James and three of the shortest of the epistles. As in the OT, the NT also identifies the Holy Spirit as God himself, once again in a manifestation active in the affairs of men. It is the Holy Spirit who effects the conception of Jesus in Mary (Matt 1:18, 20; Luke 1:35); who descends upon Jesus at his baptism; and who then leads him to his wilderness testing (Matt 3:16; 14:1). By the power of the Holy Spirit Jesus works miracles (Matt 12:28; Acts 10:38) and teaches his disciples (Acts 1:2). John records Jesus' promise to his disciples that the Holy Spirit would be sent to them to remind them of Jesus' words and to enable them to bear witness of him (Acts 14:16ff; 15:28; 16:6ff). This came to pass immediately after the resurrection (John 20:22) and then in a fuller way 47 days later on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1:8; 2:1-4). This latter event has often been considered the birth of the Church. The Acts of the Apostles (q.v.) place a special emphasis on the activity of the Holy Spirit and for this reason have sometimes popularly been known as “the Acts of the Holy Spirit”. Another appellative for the Holy Spirit in the NT is “the Spirit of Jesus” or “the Spirit of Christ” (Acts 16:7; Rom 8:9; Phil 1:19; I Pet 1:11-12). The NT teaches that the Holy Spirit is active in the believer in Jesus; to give him new birth (Titus 3:5; cf John 3:5-8); to endow him with spiritual gifts for the good of the entire body of believers (I Chr 12:4-11); and to produce in him those traits of character which will make him like Jesus (Gal 5:22-25). For these purposes, the Spirit of God is said to “dwell in” every person who believes in Jesus (Rom 8:9-11).

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Feb. 07 2010,13:52)
    Holy Spirit

As in the OT, the NT also identifies the Holy Spirit as God himself

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the conformation.
    Matt.18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more,
    that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!
                                  Click Here

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

HI ALL

THANKS FOR ANSWERING YOUR AND OTHERS OPINION,

BUT YOU KNOW YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ,OR IS IT YOU DON'T SEE THE QUESTION CAUSE OF YOUR BLINDNESS IN TRUTH??

the scriptures say “the holy spirit is in you” how is God in you ,???????????????????
    if you say that you are in the Holy spirit ,how that happen?????????????????????

because you say the the Holy spirit is God ,explain and answer my questions.

if you can not answer it is because you don't have the holy spirit,otherwise you should be able to tell what you say you have and understand.yes/no ??????????????????????//

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

i am not interested in what i know already ,like intellect views,Jewish views,and other organizations views and answers.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 07 2010,15:32)

Quote (gollamudi @ Feb. 07 2010,13:52)
    Holy Spirit

As in the OT, the NT also identifies the Holy Spirit as God himself

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the conformation.
    Matt.18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more,
    that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!
                                  Click Here

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Thank you very much brother Ed J. But there are few issues on the Holy Spirit written in our N.T are not clear such as;

1. How the Spirit of God has become spirit of Jesus?
    2. How Jesus became life-giving spirit if God alone is the source of life.
    3. If Holy Spirit is God Himself how can Jesus send the Holy Spirit?
    4. If Holy Spirit is God Himself then how can Holy Spirit play a subordinate role to Jesus by adopting Jesus' teaching after his departure by borrowing from him?

I always wonder how christianity especially the non-trinitarian sects can answer these queries.

Peace to you
    Adam

kerwin
    Participant

Gollamundi

How the Spirit of God has become spirit of Jesus?

My conclusion is that since Jesus was filled with the spirit of righteousness it was called the spirit of Christ.  

I also believe that we get confused as the same label can be applied to more that one thing.  I do not know if that is the case here.

Still, you have the ability to think for yourself and so can come up with the correct answer if you allow God to drive.

terraricca
    Participant

goll

why answer my questions first ,then we take from there

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The Spirit of God has not become the Spirit of Christ as God still pours of His Spirit[jl2].

But the Spirit of God in Christ is called the Spirit of Christ as is the Spirit given to the prophets[1Peter1].

By God's plan those joined with Christ share the portion of His Spirit given to Christ.[1Cor12]
    They become part of Christ's body so must be in unity with him as he is with God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam………They way Nick explained it is the way i also see it. The Holy Spirit is the anointing Given Jesus and it is also the same anointing given us , but it all comes from ONE GOD, the FATHER of ALL CREATION.

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    it seems that no one can answer the question “what is the holy spirit “if you can recieve it ,if you can be in it ,if it can come in you,????????????????????????????

terraricca
    Participant

hi

so many people say they have the holy spirit but can not say what it is,
    some say it is the 3 person in the trinity this means if you have the holy spirit you have in you another being ??

question? if someones says he as the Holy spirit ,and can not explain what it is ,then how does he know that he has it ????

some religion preach that they received it at baptism ,but can not explain what it is??how they know they have it ??

the truth?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account