The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 31 2010,14:29)
    Ed J……….Have you considered that the LORD GOD  is implying the LORD (YHWH) is a true GOD.  Notice all the scriptures that seem to separate These words. To me the Father is the combination of the SEVEN SPIRIT of GOD, Jesus did say the (FATHER) was (IN) Him and He also said that GOD was a SPIRIT. But there is more to the story, remember When Jesus said I have spoken to you about the Father in Proverbs, but a time will come when i will show you plainly of the FATHER. SO our perceptions of GOD the FATHER may not be accurate. Personally I believe GOD is SPIRIT (INTELLECT)  Composing Seven distinct Spirit Attributes, with POWERS,  but the sum total of these Seven equal GOD the FATHER, the creative force that created all thing in earth as well as in heaven.  I tend to believe that the FATHER is represent in these seven Spirits of GOD . These forces can present themselves as they so chose, Hinze the term (HE EXISTS AS HE Wills to EXISTS) OR I AM THAT (OR WHAT EVER) I AM. these forces act as ONE POWER (LORD) in all creation. There is a mystery involved with understanding of the term GOD. But we are told that in the days of the two witness the Mystery of GOD Should be Known. So perhaps there is more understanding needed. IMO

Hi Gene,

'The devil's trick'; 'i am'=23! (AKJV Psalm 102:11-13)

AKJV Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my(Christ's) name,
    saying, I am; and shall deceive many. (Romans 1:25 / John 6:15)

The standardized translation of ‘I am that I am’ can be proven to be wrong;
    yet the N.W.T. (JW's) version of the Bible has this phrase (אהיה אשר אהיה) translated correctly.

Exodus 3:14 in the N.W.T.: …“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE”…

The AKJV linguists successfully translated the phrase אהיה into “I WILL” hundreds of times in the “Old Testament”.
    The AKJV translators also added words (which they italicized) to aid in translational differences;
    they did this practice throughout the bible so as to NOT corrupt it!

The AKJV linguists should have translated אהיה אשר אהיה into “I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE” (“Will be”=63 and “YHVH”=63);
    this can be proven! The phrase ‘i am’ cannot be translated back into Hebrew; for it ‘i am’ is the product of man.
    ‘i am’ has now turned into the false god of religion!

The AKJV bible was completed and in the public's hands in 1611.
    The AKJV bible is going to bring about satan's final defeat!

AKJV John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world (i am) is judged.
    The prince of this world is 'i am'(satan; the son of perdition).

AKJV 2Thess.2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
    except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    AKJV 2Thess.2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God=63(YHVH=63),
    or that is worshipped; so that he as (i am)God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he(satan) is God.

AKJV 2Thess.2:8 And then shall that Wicked (i am) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth (Rev.19:15),
    and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan (Mark 13:6)
    with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
    because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What lie did they believe?

AKJV Romans1:23-25 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
    and to birds(the rapture), and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness
    through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
    and worshipped and served the creature(Jesus) more than the Creator(YHVH), who is blessed for ever. Amen.

God’s Name יהוה IS written Exactly 6823 times in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts. See how the
    Gematria value of Ιησους Χριστоς=2368 Ē-Ā-Soos Chrĭstŏs (Jesus Christ in Greek)
    bears a striking resemblance to the number of times God’s Name is used in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts.

the wall Jesus died to abolish (Eph.2:14), is illustrate as this dichotomy: [6823] and [2368].

“Trinitarian”?             and           “non-Trinitarian”!
                6823                                 2368

“Trinitarian”             and           “non-Trinitarian”      
     New god=68 'i am'=23?            'i am'=23 NOT JAH=68!
             (AKJV Gal.2:20)                      (AKJV Psalm 68:4-5)

AKJV Deut.3217 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not,
    to (i am) new gods that came newly up (Rev.13:1), whom your fathers feared not.

AKJV Rev.13:11 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
    having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads (i am) the name of blasphemy.

Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he (i am) corrupt by flatteries:
    but the people that do know their God (YHVH) shall be strong, and do exploits .  

YHVH is GOD=117

PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], AND the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    God is spirit.
    He is not the Holy Spirit which is OF Him.

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 30 2010,03:10)
    WJ

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 27 2010,19:44)
    WJ

Christ and man are made in the image of God,but you have stated that it is only Jesus so we will believe you in stead of the scriptures this must be the true way to go .(you would like that don 't you???)
    a true christian will never follow men doctrine no matter what.that's the truth.

Missrepresentation and a lie!

WJ

why is it missrepresentation WJ it conflics with your views??????

T

First of all you misrepresent me, for I never said we were to be made “only” in the Image of Jesus! How could I, for I believe Jesus is God, one with the Father and the Holy Spirit!

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate “to be conformed to the image of his Son“, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  Rom 8:29

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, “are changed into the same image from glory to glory“, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3:18

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, “we shall be like him“; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So the HE in Rom 8 is God.
    Jesus is HIS SON.

Know God and His Son.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2010,01:36)
    Hi WJ,
    Jesus is HIS SON.

Know God and His Son.

NH

If Jesus is not God would it not be Idolatry for Paul to say we are to be conformed to the “Image of a mere man”?

Why did Paul say it was Jesus instead of God we are being conformed to?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Is greek logic any help?

Jesus was transformed by the Spirit of God.
    We follow him

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2010,02:07)
    Hi WJ,
    Is greek logic any help?

Jesus was transformed by the Spirit of God.
    We follow him

NH

Is it Greek logic to say that to be conformed to a mere mans image rather than Gods is idolatry?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The flesh contributes nothing to the work of God.[Jn6]
    Why do you worship a man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Can you not be transformed into the likeness of Jesus by the work of God's Spirit.
    You must seek and submit to God's Holy Spirit.

The sons of God are led by the Spirit.[Rom8]

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2010,02:13)
    Hi WJ,
    Can you not be transformed into the likeness of Jesus by the work of God's Spirit.
    You must seek and submit to God's Holy Spirit.

The sons of God are led by the Spirit.[Rom8]

NH

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 31 2010,02:13)

Well if Jesus likeness is less than God then that would be Idolatry wouldn't it?

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    If you are not made into the likeness of the Son of God by sharing God's Spirit with him then how can you have hope of salvation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You worry about idolatry but you worship gods not in the bible?

The One
    Participant

I am sorry but I am new to this discussion,so if I travel over the same road all ready traveled please excuse me.

In Luke 1:35

The One
    Participant

Sorry,hit the wrong key.As I was saying,in Luke 1:35 the angel answers Mary and says”The Holy Spirit will come upon you(as with John in Luke 1:15),and the power of the Most High will overshadow you,and for that reason the holy child SHALL BE called the Son of God.”These are 2 seperate beings because John also was filled with the Holy Spirit from conception,yet he WAS NOT the Son of God!

The difference?The power of”the Most High” overshadowed Mary where it did not Elizabeth.The “Most High”was more directly involved in Mary's case,where as in Elizabeth's case He wasn't.The Holy Spirit was involved in both conceptions(remember Elizabeth was barren),but it was God's own power encompassing Mary that made the difference.

I believe in many cases we confuse the Holy Spirit(our helper sent by Jesus)as being God Himself.In 1 Corinthians 13:14,and in Matt.28:19 we clearly see 3 seperate beings being discussed.No I'm not a Trinitarian!But do I believe the Father can bestow whatever,power,word,name of His own upon who He wishes?!Absolutely!!!Nothing is beyond the Father's ability(except to sin…and that is impossible for even Him)

In John 14 starting in vs.16 Jesus tells his disciples that he would ask the Father,and the Father would send another helper…and in verse 26 Jesus says,”But the helper,the Holy Spirit,whom the Father(God)will send in my name,he will teach you all things,and bring to your remembrance all I have said to you.”

Here the Holy Spirit is the Father's servant,doing the Father's will for the Son.And in verse 28 Jesus says the Father is greater than himself,and the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father at his son's bequest.Didn't Jesus state who is greater?”The one who is sent or the one who sends”The one who does the sending of course is greater!And the Holy Spirit came at Jesus' request of the Father did he not?!

I compare(in my own limited way)the role of the Holy Spirit to that of a trusted,loyal,obedient man servant who knows his master's mind so well that the master need not even speak his request because the man servant KNOWS what will be asked of him before the words come,therefore he is prepared for any situation!Plus,the power of the Father indwells him,so the insight is that much more intimate and detailed.That is the Holy Spirit.Our friend,helper,….sent from God through His Son's request.A gift of unimagineable grace from our brother and Father.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Welcome The One! Luke 1:35 tells us that Jesus is the Son of God. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of our Heavenly Father. If it would be a Person then He would be the Father of Jesus. And we all know that is not so. There is only one God and Father of all who is above all, and through all, and in us all. Ephesians 4:6
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

The One……….i think a good question is, when Shall (a future tense word) he be called the SON of GOD. I believe that took place at the Jordan when the SPIRIT of GOD descended into Him and sent Him into the world , the voice of GOD said (THIS) day (I) HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU. That was at the day He recieved the HOLY SPIRIT INTO HIM> All who have GOD'S Spirit, or Seed (IN) them are the sons of GOD even NOW they are. ” know you not that (NOW) you (ARE) the son of GOD , John said.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 31 2010,17:52)

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is HIS SON.

Know God and His Son.

NH

If Jesus is not God would it not be Idolatry for Paul to say we are to be conformed to the “Image of a mere man”?

WJ

Hi WJ,

That is simple to answer: Jesus was made in our likeness, yet without sin…
    Rom:8:3: For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
    God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

And we are to be made in his resurrected likeness, likewise without sin…
    Rom:6:5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
    we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblrcode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (The One @ Jan. 31 2010,20:48)
    Sorry,hit the wrong key.As I was saying,in Luke 1:35 the angel answers Mary and says”The Holy Spirit will come upon you(as with John in Luke 1:15),and the power of the Most High will overshadow you,and for that reason the holy child SHALL BE called the Son of God.”These are 2 seperate beings because John also was filled with the Holy Spirit from conception,yet he WAS NOT the Son of God!

The difference?The power of”the Most High” overshadowed Mary where it did not Elizabeth.The “Most High”was more directly involved in Mary's case,where as in Elizabeth's case He wasn't.The Holy Spirit was involved in both conceptions(remember Elizabeth was barren),but it was God's own power encompassing Mary that made the difference.

I believe in many cases we confuse the Holy Spirit(our helper sent by Jesus)as being God Himself.In 1 Corinthians 13:14,and in Matt.28:19 we clearly see 3 seperate beings being discussed.No I'm not a Trinitarian!But do I believe the Father can bestow whatever,power,word,name of His own upon who He wishes?!Absolutely!!!Nothing is beyond the Father's ability(except to sin…and that is impossible for even Him)

In John 14 starting in vs.16 Jesus tells his disciples that he would ask the Father,and the Father would send another helper…and in verse 26 Jesus says,”But the helper,the Holy Spirit,whom the Father(God)will send in my name,he will teach you all things,and bring to your remembrance all I have said to you.”

Here the Holy Spirit is the Father's servant,doing the Father's will for the Son.And in verse 28 Jesus says the Father is greater than himself,and the Holy Spirit was sent by the Father at his son's bequest.Didn't Jesus state who is greater?”The one who is sent or the one who sends”The one who does the sending of course is greater!And the Holy Spirit came at Jesus' request of the Father did he not?!

I compare(in my own limited way)the role of the Holy Spirit to that of a trusted,loyal,obedient man servant who knows his master's mind so well that the master need not even speak his request because the man servant KNOWS what will be asked of him before the words come,therefore he is prepared for any situation!Plus,the power of the Father indwells him,so the insight is that much more intimate and detailed.That is the Holy Spirit.Our friend,helper,….sent from God through His Son's request.A gift of unimagineable grace from our brother and Father.

Hi The One,

If what you say is true, then you should have no trouble being able explain theses discrepancies in your logic…

This point connects directly to my question.
    Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the HolySpirit(speaketh against the HolySpirit) shall not
    be forgiven; neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Matt.12:32

This point also connects directly to my question.
    Matt. 1:18, 1:20 and Luke 1:35 attribute the conception to “HolySpirit”.
    Yet 'you say' “The Son” is greater than “The Father”(HolySpirit).

Your only proof seems to be 'human logic'. You can NOT send yourself somewhere.
    Your son can NOT send you somewhere unless he is greater than you. Seems your logic is a bit inconclusive.

Can you explain these obvious discrepancies in your logic?

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2010,15:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 31 2010,17:52)

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is HIS SON.

Know God and His Son.

NH

WJ

Hi WJ,

That is simple to answer: Jesus was made in our likeness, yet without sin…
    Rom:8:3: For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
    God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

And we are to be made in his resurrected likeness, likewise without sin…
    Rom:6:5: For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
    we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblrcode.org

ED

True Biblical Monotheism by the Hebrews would say that to be conformed to a mere mans Image would be Idolatry!

Jesus is the source of our likeness.

Blessings WJ

Quote (The One @ Jan. 31 2010,04:48)

One

Good point.

The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. Job 33:4

The Spirit of God is involved in every conception, so if he is the Father then that would mean that we all were born Sons of God!

Blessings WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 3,281 through 3,300 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account