The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,981 through 3,000 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all………Spirit is just another word for INTELLECT of the (MIND), “let this (mind) be in you which was in Christ Jesus our lord, and again “if this (mind) be in you that was in Christ Jesus our lord (it)will quicken you mortal bodies also”, that is exactly what Spirit is. God's Spirits (intellects) are connected with (POWER) and is known as Elohim a uni-Plural word, that is to say seven Spirits (intellects) withe powers acting as ONE . There are Seven SPIRITS OF GOD. These are also shown as seven (EYES) of GOD That Jesus now has and they are on seven (HORNS) (powers) These seven Spirits (intellects) are what created all thing that exist. This is the fullness of GOD and Jesus Has it (IN) Him Now, these intellects (Spirits) will guide His rule on earth when He comes to establish the Kingdom of GOD on the earth with the saints. IMO

peace and love to you all………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene …….So in your opinion GOD does not have (Intellect) right? I personally disagree with you on that, GOD (IS) intellect connected with POWER. You can't see Spirit ,you can't see intellect either, Spirit is seen as wind (which has power) Intellect is the power of our minds that animate us as beings. Intellect matches the description Jesus gave of the Spirit also. You say Sprit is so much more that that, What could be more then GOD'S INTELLECT WITH POWER. NOTHING! If you know what SPIRIT is then you are under obligation to tell us then. There is (NO) description of Spirit that can be given that is void of INTELLECT. IMO

peace and love………………………. gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your weak god of intellect is not finding many buyers.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….So whose god is weaker yours who has (NO) intellect, or Mine who Is PURE intellect with Power. It would be better for you to use your intellect and think before you speak. IMO

gene

banana
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 28 2009,05:22)
    G,

Nick

You sure you meant Georg? because I'm not selling.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………..Nick was talking to me

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the Spirit is intellect, an aspect of the mind.
    If you knew the Spirit you would not have to make this stuff up.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 28 2009,10:04)
    G,
    So the Spirit is intellect, an aspect of the mind.
    If you knew the Spirit you would not have to make this stuff up.

Nick……….This so-call (ASPECT) of the mind is what enables you to exist and a Being. This (ASPECT) IS what you use to animate your body and your life. Without this (ASPECT) you would (NOT) exist. Remove Intellect (NOTHING) could EXIST now or ever. You continual effort to distort and remove intellect from man and GOD is a futile effort to hide your lack of understanding of what Spirit (is) , Like i have told you a thundered time go and Read What Jesus said Spirit (IS) and this time believe it and let it sink in apply the WORDS He was Speaking they (ARE) What SPIRIT (IS) and what (LIFE) IS. They (ARE) Spirit and Life. Think about it>

gene

Participant

Hi:

No pre-existence:

Jhn 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

Jhn 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world

He came down from heaven by first being conceived of the Holy Ghost, and being born of a woman under the Law of Moses.

Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And he came down from heaven in that the Word that he taught and obeyed is that which God has spoken to humanity through him.

Jhn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    Jhn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
    Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

Hbr 1:1 ¶ God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hbr 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Nick:

Can you move the above post to the appropriate thread? Thanks.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 27 2009,10:22)
    G,

Maybe you don't understand what he is saying.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Men have made intellect their god since Adam.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Without Intellect you would not exist. You can take that to the bank. Your lack of understanding what intellect really is is the problem here , you believe in a God the Has (NO) intellect as you assume Intellect means nothing. And what else is interesting Here you can't even describe what Your view of Spirit even is. Does that not seem odd to you who disagree with what i say it is. You seem to have a warped view of what intellect is, saying Men have made it there GOD. Intellect is not something you go after you either have it or not, all humans have intellect , all humans have Spirit also, get the connection yet. Intellect abides deep in our minds it is the ability to comprehend things.The Spirit of Truth is the INTELLECT to understand truth It is Spirit. Please show us where men have made Intellect there GOD seeing you mouth that. YOu are confusing Intellect with Knowledge. Intellect is (NOT) Knowledge it is the (ABILITY) to Comprehend Knowledge. It is the MINDS Ability it is Spirit. If you have not answers for theing you disagree with then its best if you remain silent instead of inciting arguments. IMO

peace and love to you…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We do not need new gospels.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….I know that, but you do need to (UNDERSTAND) the one you have though. Still waiting for you explanation of what Spirit (IS) Nick. are you lost for words to describe it.

peace and love……………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 28 2009,12:44)

G,

Con……….You have that right Nick does not understand what i am saying because He thinks (INTELLECT) (the (Ability) of the mind TO COMPREHEND < and Knowledge are the same thing. Which they are not. You may have the Ability intellect to know Truth (spirit of Truth) but have every little knowledge about some things. They are not the same thing. IMO

thanks, love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 27 2009,20:45)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 28 2009,12:44)

G,

Con……….You have that right Nick does not understand what i am saying because He thinks (INTELLECT) (the (Ability) of the mind TO COMPREHEND < and Knowledge are the same thing. Which they are not. You may have the Ability intellect to know Truth (spirit of Truth) but have every little knowledge about some things. They are not the same thing. IMO

thanks, love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

Knowledge is the biproduct which is produced from intellect.
    :cool:

I am still trying to reason how he thinks this creates a new gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind.

Feeding of the bread of Scripture till the morning star rises in your hearts.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 27 2009,23:35)
    Hi CON,
    You must be transformed by renewal of your mind.

Feeding of the bread of Scripture till the morning star rises in your hearts.

Does not both of those require intellect?

:cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    No the mind must submit to scripture and not rule over it.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,981 through 3,000 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account