The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,921 through 2,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 13 2009,02:06)
    Hi CA,
    Implication is individual and and logic too  and neither have never been any form of proof
    The Spirit proceeds from God.

NH

So what does it tell you about the Spirit then?

And now that the Spirit is subservient to Jesus, what does that tell you about Jesus?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Spirit proceeds from God through Jesus to unite all in his body with God.[1Cor12. Jn 17]
    In that Spirit we can learn of the deep things of God and we are helped in our prayers to God.[1Cor2. Rom 8]
    That Spirit graces us with the gifts and the ability to produce useful fruit in the vine.[Jn15. 1Cor 12 .gal5]
    That Spirit of God abides forever in us and will raise us if we walk in the ways of God and are faithful to the teachings.[2Jn9. Heb12]

:cool:

The Spirit as the Father's influence can manifest itself in many ways.

The holy Spirit was used to baptize 'Elohim's people(Mat 3:11; Acts 1:5; 2:2-3; 10:44-48). It fills them (Acts 2:4; Eph 5:18), is poured out on them (Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Joel 2:28, 29), abides in and dwells in them (John 14:17; Rom 8:9,11; 1 Cor 3:16), is upon them (John 1:32-33; Acts 19:6) and they are in it (Rom 8:9, 14, 17; Gal 3:3).

The holy Spirit is used to anoint (Psa 133: 1-2; Luke 4:18; Isa 61:1; 2 Cor 1:21; 1 John 2:20-27).

'Elohim's people drink it (1 Cor 12:13).

It is the down payment they make on their inheritance (2 Cor 1:22; 5:5; Eph 1:14, see margin), that which seals them (Eph 1:13, 4:30).

It is the symbolic ink whereby they are inscribed as living epistles (2 Cor 3:3), and is given to them and they possess it (Luke 11:13).

It is like dew (Psa 113:3).

This does not fit the description of a person.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CT……Yes Spirit is (INTELLECT) Power given by ONE GOD. It is part of GOD'S mind added into us . “Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus our Lord”. It is the very (INTELLECT) of GOD HIMSELF> Poured out into US, GOD can pour out himself into us, very much like a waiter can add water to our glasses of water and fill them. So can GOD pour forth of himself in ALL His CREATION. In fact it is GOD that animates all creation that has life and he sustains it even now. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Gods mind can be in us

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 13 2009,21:19)
    CT……Yes Spirit is (INTELLECT) Power given by ONE GOD.  It is part of GOD'S mind added into us . “Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus our Lord”. It is the very (INTELLECT) of GOD HIMSELF> Poured out into US, GOD can pour out himself into us, very much like a waiter can add water to our glasses of water and fill them. So can GOD pour forth of himself in ALL His CREATION. In fact it is GOD that animates all creation that has life and he sustains it even now. IMO

You should look up what “Phoneo” is defined as since intellect does not seem to be one of its definitions.  The closest one to that is wisdom.  

In my opinion the appropriate definition for Philippians 2:5 is:

Entry for “Phoneo” at searchgodsword.org on November 14, 2009 reads:

2 c. to be of the same mind i.e. agreed together, cherish the same views, be harmonious

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 14 2009,18:57)

CT……Yes Spirit is (INTELLECT) Power given by ONE GOD.  It is part of GOD'S mind added into us . “Let this mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus our Lord”. It is the very (INTELLECT) of GOD HIMSELF> Poured out into US, GOD can pour out himself into us, very much like a waiter can add water to our glasses of water and fill them. So can GOD pour forth of himself in ALL His CREATION. In fact it is GOD that animates all creation that has life and he sustains it even now. IMO

You should look up what “Phoneo” is defined as since intellect does not seem to be one of its definitions.  The closest one to that is wisdom.  

2 c. to be of the same mind i.e. agreed together, cherish the same views, be harmonious

to have understanding, be wise <—This is not intellect?
    to feel, to think <—This is not intellect?
    to have an opinion of one's self, think of one's self, to be modest, not let one's opinion (though just) of himself exceed the bounds of modesty <—This is not intellect?
    to think or judge what one's opinion is <—This is not intellect?
    to be of the same mind i.e. agreed together, cherish the same views, be harmonious
    to direct one's mind to a thing, to seek, to strive for <—This is not intellect?
    to seek one's interest or advantage
    to be of one's party, side with him (in public affairs)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CT……….All what you stated is from the intellect that is in a person, those things are derived (FROM) the thought processes of a person and they certainly are intellects of the mind even wisdom is the operation of ones intellects or knowledge. He posses. IMO

peace and love…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Really G,
    You do not understand love then do you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Like i told you before you may love mindlessly and without any intellect, But MY GOD and The rest of mankind certainly does not. Imo

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 15 2009,14:24)

to have understanding, be wise <—This is not intellect?
    to feel, to think <—This is not intellect?
    to have an opinion of one's self, think of one's self, to be modest, not let one's opinion (though just) of himself exceed the bounds of modesty <—This is not intellect?
    to think or judge what one's opinion is <—This is not intellect?
    to be of the same mind i.e. agreed together, cherish the same views, be harmonious
    to direct one's mind to a thing, to seek, to strive for <—This is not intellect?
    to seek one's interest or advantage
    to be of one's party, side with him (in public affairs)

CT…….Would like to know what is your definition of INTELLECT if it is not thinking and abstract thought as every thing you posted involves . Would like to know (HOW) you see SPIRIT and Intellect and thought of Mind Different.

peace and love…………….gene

mind: knowledge and intellectual ability; “he reads to improve his mind”; “he has a keen intellect”
    reason: the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination; “we are told that man is endowed with reason and capable of distinguishing good from evil”
    intellectual: a person who uses the mind creatively
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Intelligence is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason …
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellect

The faculty of knowing and reasoning; understanding (uncountable); That faculty in a particular person (uncountable); A person who has that faculty in great degree
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/intellect

by itself has two parts : rationality and intuition / insight.
    http://www.modern-thinker.co.uk/9c%20-%20Glossary.htm

In human beings, is the summit of dianoia, and is that power by the light proceeding from which we perceive the truth of axioms. Of itself considered, it is a being which knows, not by process, but by its very being.
    http://www.prometheustrust.co.uk/Glossary/glossary.html

is used to assess thoughts. This is the faculty of understanding and decision-making that stands out as the most crucial faculty of the three. …
    http://www.meditationinfo.net/1/basic_concepts.htm

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 15 2009,11:15)
    CT…….Would like to know what is your definition of INTELLECT if it is not thinking and abstract thought as every thing you posted involves . Would like to know (HOW) you see SPIRIT and Intellect and thought of Mind Different.

peace and love…………….gene

I believe it is more important to know what definition of “intellect” you happen to be using as you are the one making the point. Would you please share it with us. Thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……… The definition is the ability to think and drive abstract thought. Read CT above explanation and understand intellect is your very being, that reasons it is what Spirit is and is (expressed) in word and deeds. Just as there are seven types or aspects of Spirit so it is with intellects, Your intellects are what guides you thoughts they produce the thoughts in your mind they are what SPIRIT is. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    No intellect in scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Have you got several intellects?
    Do they all have seven aspects?

How odd

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….. Fact is we have many of the intellects of GOD. What odd is your lack of understanding that. IMO Do you even know what an aspect (IS)? It is obvious you don't know what intellect is. This may help you an aspect is a particular part of some understand . You mouth off allot, but yet you have not produced any definition of what Spirit is. Why is the NICK.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Really G,
    You wander far from what is written yet you expect us to follow you?
    We have a teacher.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………The reason i use Intellect in the definition of Spirit , is because of the false teaching of Spirit is a Being. I believe there is not such thing as a “SPIRIT BEINGS”, i believe Spirit is what is (IN) beings , and animates beings. It is the intellect that Beings have. All things that have life have Spirit in them, they can die but the spirit can't, it leaves at the point of death. When a man dies His Thoughts Parish, and his intellect (Spirit) goes back to him who gave. He is in a state of non existence and will remain that way until GOD the FATHER creates Him a new body and adds spirit back into it. My point by saying Spirit is Intellect is to show the separation between a BODY and the SPIRIT in it. IMO

peace and love to you all………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So to you what Jesus said a WORD (IS) does not make sense to you right? Maybe if you could look Up the deffinition is of word tha would help you, understand what SPIRIT IS. I have “ADD” nothing to what scripture says, it's you lack of understanding what Scriptue say is the problem. IMO

gene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,921 through 2,940 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account