The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You cannot have it both ways.
    Why did Peter tell those whose hearts had been pricked to repent?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..they were repentant, or they would have never has said what they said. the people did not know what to do after the were convected of there error, so Peter simple said repent and be baptized. The repentance had already taken place that is obvious to any one who know what repentance is. And can follow the account. Repentance was given them by the put pouring of GOD Spirit. And God added 3000 unto the church that day. This is basic milk of the word Nick. You oblivious don't understand what is repentance or how it works , you seem to think a person themselves Change on their own and then God save them., nothing could be further from the truth. We have been over this several times NIck

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So they did not need to repent.
    Why did he tell them to?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..use th brain God gave you it's really not that hard to understand.

peace and love ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    You cannot justify your ideas.
    Why not drop them rather than turning on us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..I am not turning on no one here not even you. Because i disagree with you or someone else doesn't mean i am turning on you or anyone. I simply state something as i understand it , I am no GOD or Jesus I could be wrong, but it just the way i presently see something . There are thing everyone here has said that i didn't necessarily totally agree with, bit i am not there enemy because there are many things i also agree with even some of the thing you say i agree with.

love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God leads to unity in the truth of scripture.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2009,05:09)
    Hi,
    The Spirit of God leads to unity in the truth of scripture.

with that I agree, sweet short answer!!!!!!!

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You said in another thread
    “Good and Evil are Spirits (intellects) of GOD and they going to and fro through out the earth,”

Does anyone else agree with him that the Spirit of God is not the HOLY SPIRIT?

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 05 2009,12:57)
    Nick……what do you suppose Peter told them to repent of (if it wasn't their unbelief then) Do you think it was all their sins, they never did that or you  either. The way you look at salvation we repent of all of our sins and having no more sins we then baptized and  never sin again because if we do then we parish because we truly didn't repent of all our sins  right. Is that how you see it Nick?

peace………….gene

Hi Gene:

When you come to someone asking for forgiveness of a sin or sins committed, you come to that individual with a repentant heart, which says “I am sorry that I have done this or that”, and it means that in your heart you have changed directions and that direction is that you are going to try not to commit that sin again.  It doesn't mean that you will not because we are all subject to make mistakes.  

When we are reconciled to God through the Lord, we come saying to God, yes we have sinned and we are sorry that we have.  When we confess Jesus as our Lord, we are indicating by that confession that we will obey his commandments.  Believing is not just a mental assent, there is a change in heart.  Water baptism is an act showing that this change has occured in our hearts.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say

“Nick……what do you suppose Peter told them to repent of (if it wasn't their unbelief then) Do you think it was all their sins, they never did that or you either. The way you look at salvation we repent of all of our sins and having no more sins we then baptized and never sin again because if we do then we parish because we truly didn't repent of all our sins right. Is that how you see it Nick?

peace………….gene”

You really do not understand at all do you.

God has opened the door of forgiveness and Acts gives many examples of the way of Jesus. Of course we sin but once we have obeyed the simple demands of God we have an advocate with God, our new Master Jesus Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..i understood that long before you my friend, Peter was telling them to repent of their unbelief for the forgiveness of their sin. Not to repent or change from the personal sins they had in their lives. That could only be done by God given them the repentance not by thier own selves. and So GOD ADDED to the Church 3000 . He gave them repentance of their unbelief through the out pouring of His Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB
    You said in another thread

“All of Gods intellects go to and fro through out the earth, or he couldn't be omnipresent. ”

So how many evil ones do you think your god has?
    Our God is good.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………having good or evil intellect does not classify you one way or the other . you yourself as well as every one except baby's have good and evil intellects in them. Do you think because God understands good he doesn't understand evil . Nick i think you are better off sticking with the milk . And by the way God has all the good intellect and all the evil intellect that ever existed , in fact He created both. Just like He created light and darkness. There is nothing that exists that he did not create.

peace to you…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    “And by the way God has all the good intellect and all the evil intellect that ever existed ,”
    Not our god.
    Sounds closer to the lying god of this world.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..So your God is stupid then and only has the Knowledge or intellect of whats good, how stupid can anyone be to believe that. You can say what you want about my God but He has (ALL) intellect of (ALL) thing Both good and evil and know How and when to use them also. And naturally it would sound closer to the lying god of this world to a decieved Idiot.

love and peace to you…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The Spirit of God is Holy.
    God is Holy.

1 John 1:5
    This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

There are other spirits.
    Matthew 6:23
    But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 17 2009,18:54)
    Nick………..So your God is stupid then and only has the Knowledge or intellect of whats good, how stupid can anyone be to believe that. You can say what you want about my God but He has (ALL) intellect of (ALL) thing Both good and evil and know How and when to use them also. And naturally it would sound closer to the lying god of this world to a decieved Idiot.

GB,
    So in some posts you say Spirit is intellect and now understanding is intellect.

Why is it that you think those who find your understandings shallow, understandings which you clearly admire, are deceived idiots?

God is love not an intellect.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 17 2009,18:54)

Gene.

I can see that you are angry with Nick.
    Can I suggest that you be careful with your words because you are calling his God stupid, and if YHWH is his God which I doubt that many here would disagree with, then you are saying it to YHWH himself.

There is no need to be so reckless Gene.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,581 through 2,600 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account