The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1………Mandy..> the Spirit of Truth can not lie or it wouldn't be the Spirit of truth. The problem we all have is the lack of knowledge because much of God's word has be lost through translations of all kinds. And all the false doctrines that abound have corrupted much of it, but i believe if a person has the spirit of Truth they can get most of it right maybe not everything at this time but certainly enough to understand the salvation process. The Spirit will convict you of what is right and will throw up a flag when something does not make sense. The bible says the Spirit (BOTH) accuses US and Defends US. When we are wrong it accuses us and when we are right it defends us. So that shows we are not always right about everything. Some times we are partly right and partly wrong . IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We know the Son of God spoke the Words of God?
    What of this fellow Isaac Newton?
    Was he led by the Spirit?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I believe Newton was lead by God's Spirit , it was time for all these discoveries to come out and I think God Gave him the mind to figure them out. Look i full well know Newton did not know everything so i am not saying that, but to deny him as a God believing Man is false on you Part. IMO. You need to study a lot more of what he actually wrote on scripture and you might come to see Him differently. As i said before He was against the Trinity, and many false teachings of the Catholic and Protestant beliefs. I think a little more study and you would probably change your mind about him. I personally don't see where Newton contradicts the word of God, but quite the contrary He helps explain it. IMO. Nick, Newton is not my GOD or LORD, but neither are you, but some things you say once in a while makes sense even to me. The man dedicated over 72 years of a 85 year life studying God's word let give him a little credit.

peace……………..gene

peace…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Please show us the miracle power of God in the life of this man,
    the love of God and men and the service to Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..His contributions to man kind goes with out question. And it is well documented that he gave to the POOR and Brought and and paid for MANY bibles for the poor out of his personal funds, He lived a Chasity life all this is recorded history. Now what miracle power of God do we see in your life NICK, Seeing you somehow want to condescend on some you don't even know at all. Who are you that judges another mans servant He will stand or fall to his own master and stand he will because God is able to make him stand. IMO

peace………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    So contributing knowledge is the fruit?
    hmm.
    Gal5

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..and what are you doing here is it not contributing knowledge, in fact it the (ONLY) thing your contributing at lest thats all i have seen from you.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Is logic also fruit?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Neither is vain INTELLECT any sort of fruit.

The fruit of God's Spirit is shown in Galatians and Jesus showed them all.
    What of Isaac Newton?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..What of Isaac Newton, it you who think you have the right to make that call no one else here is , But i would make that call on you what of you NICK? What fruit of God's spirit are you producing? Don't worry so much about others standing with there Master and savior , worry about you own self , it think you may have your hands full with that if you ask me.

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    That is the best you can do
    and yet you offer him as a teacher ahead of Jesus?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 01 2004,20:22)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 30 2004,21:35)
    Afterall, we know Jesus WAS good

Jesus is not good only God is. That means that Jesus is not the source of good, but the recipent of it. All that he has that is good is given to him by God his Father. He was simply acknowledging that it is God who has done all that they saw Jesus do. He also said that I only do what the Father does, so he is trying to give all the glory that men gave to him, to God his Father. He was simply acknowledging where his good came from. Remember Jesus said, “but not my will but your will”. So he has a will that is not Gods will. But he chooses Gods will with his will so they are the same in that they agree and are in alignment. He taught and led by example.

We become good ourselves when that which God gives us becomes our character and nature. Then in that sense we are good. We have recieved Gods good things and they have moulded and shaped us closer to his perfect image. But even then it is God who gets the glory for this.

T8….Amen, brother.

peace to you and yours…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 11 2008,16:55)
    So GB,
    That is the best you can do
    and yet you offer him as a teacher ahead of Jesus?

Nick……..show me one place i offered Him as a teacher over Jesus. You are deluding yourself Nick if you think i ever said that or meant that. You seem to have an obsession with Newton, let it go man. He was a brilliant man who contributed much to man kind and also to Jesus and GOD'S words, he was not against Jesus or the Father, you are acting as an accuser without understanding. Lets stay on
    subject and forget about Newton OK>

peace………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jesus was given the Spirit without measure.
    He was given the words of God.
    Let him be your teacher.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 12 2008,05:04)
    You seem to have an obsession with Newton, let it go man. Lets stay on
    subject and forget about Newton OK>  

peace………gene

Wasn't it his brother, Fig Newton's, tree that Jesus cursed for not bearing fruit?

???

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Sorry.

Tim

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim…….> good one brother. :D

peace……….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi all,
    We lost track of one of my favourite threads “The Holy Spirit”. Here are my new queries;

1. If the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father then how does Jesus have control over that in saying “I will send the comforter from the Father” ?

2. If there is only one Spirit as told by Paul, then how did Jesus say that Father and himself come and take their abode in a person ?

3. There are many places in the Bible it is mentioned that we haved recieved the Spirit of the Father and some places it is also mentioned that we have received the Spirit of Jesus; if so how many Spirits do they make ?

Please debate on these questions if you are interested.
    Peace to all
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The Spirit was GIVEN to Jesus.
    God GIVES without repentance.

That is why Jn7 says it could not be given till he was raised.
    God does not pour afresh into the Body of Christ but the share of the Spirit he has is shared with us.

The Spirit is now the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus who lost his own human spirit at calvary.
    One Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks for your response brother Nick,
    I know you believe that Jesus did not receive his own spirit at resurrection but received God's Spirit.

Let others also comment on my queries above.

Peace to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account