The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ Aug. 07 2008,09:03)
    Hi all,

The Bible tells us that the Holy Ghost is the power of the most High. Luke 1:35  :)

Hi GS,
    Does it?

Lk1

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power[1411] of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

I do not agree that this is a parallelism.

Number 1411
    Transliteration:
    dunamis {doo'-nam-is}
    Word Origin:
    from 1410
    TDNT:
    2:284,186
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:
    power 77, mighty work 11, strength 7, miracle 7, might 4, virtue 3, mighty 2, misc 9

Total: 120
    Definition:
    strength power, ability
    inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth
    power for performing miracles
    moral power and excellence of soul
    the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth
    power and resources arising from numbers
    power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts For Synonyms see entry 5820

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….as you can see POWERS is the proper term for Elohim They mean the same thing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Various words are interpreted as POWERS
    DUNAMIS is one.
    But

Eph6
    11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers[1849], against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places .

Number 1849
    Transliteration:
    exousia {ex-oo-see'-ah}
    Word Origin:
    from 1832 (in the sense of ability)
    TDNT:
    2:562,238
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:
    power 69, authority 29, right 2, liberty 1, jurisdiction 1, strength 1

Total: 103
    Definition:
    power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases
    leave or permission
    physical and mental power
    the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises
    the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)
    the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)
    universally
    authority over mankind
    specifically
    the power of judicial decisions
    of authority to manage domestic affairs
    metonymically
    a thing subject to authority or rule
    jurisdiction
    one who possesses authority
    a ruler, a human magistrate
    the leading and more powerful among created beings superior to man, spiritual potentates
    a sign of the husband's authority over his wife
    the veil with which propriety required a women to cover herself
    the sign of regal authority, a crown For Synonyms see entry 5820

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi GB and NH,

Then what or who is the Holy Spirit to you. The scripture has declared to you what the Holy Spirit is. Now from what I understand, you only believe in one God, the Father. So the Holy Spirit cannot be another person, correct. So if it is not another person, I want to know what the Holy Spirit is. Or who to you. ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    The Spirit of our heavenly God.
    Incomparably amazingly different to any other spirit.
    But the Spirit of God nonetheless that expresses God and does the works of God in creation.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nh,

Yes, I agree. He is the Spirit of our heavenly Father. Thx for the response. :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gs………the word Holy simply means set aside or separate, God's Spirit is a separate Spirit from ours but can indwell us Just as it did Jesus. It forms the intellect of God in Us, transforming our thinking to align with God the Fathers. That why it says Christ or Christos or the anointing in you is the Hope of Glory. For it is God who works in Us (BOTH) to WILL and Do of His good Pleasure.

imo………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The Spirit of God is much more than mere thoughts.

Micah 3:8
    But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Romans 15:19
    Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The mind of Christ is meant to be our thoughts and that comes from feeding on the inspired Word.

Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….thats all true and the words Jesus spoke were Spirit and LIFE, as He said they were and that my is intellect and thought. The beginning of everything is the WORD and a word is the expression of thoughts of the mind. And the (WORD) WAS GOD> How was it GOD if not by intellect and thought.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I am sure the loving heart of God has taken just as much residence in you as knowledge.

2 Corinthians 13:14
    The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    1 Corinthians 4:20
    For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 07 2008,10:11)
    Hi gs,
    The Spirit of our heavenly God.
    Incomparably amazingly different to any other spirit.
    But the Spirit of God nonetheless that expresses God and does the works of God in creation.

Good post

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………If you (COMPLETELY) removed GOD and our INTELLECT there would not exist anything at all, God attaches power to His words (INTELLECT). They are not separate. The word of God is POWERFUL as a two edged SWORD deviding the marrow from the Bone. Infact it says we are cleansed or washed by the WORD. The word of GOD is indeed POWER. BUt you see how you can use scripture to disprove something and prove it, it's the sum of Gods word that are truth not just one or two Scriptures Nick.

peace……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    How strange you think that man without understanding is not a man.
    Intellect just enables understanding.

You have a unique and unscriptural view of spirit that you amy have trouble selling to anyone with any intellect.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    We still ask you to show us one scripture, just one, that says SPIRIT is INTELLECT.
    Without some scriptural support this idea of yours will founder.

If not then please acknowledge this teaching is false.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jesus Said my WORDS (ARE) SPIRIT, a word is the EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT. Again try the Spirits to see if they are of God, what are you trying, is it not what someone says and what someone says is it not his WORDS and is not Wjavascript: InstaSmilie()
    javascript: InstaSmilie()ORDS an EXPRESSION OF ONES INTELLECT.These scriptures explain exactly what i am talking about Nick. If not please show me how they are contrary to what i am saying then.

peace to you………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Tacking two verses together using human logic is no basis for true doctrine.
    Please find written what you wish to teach here as truth.
    Human sources do not compare with divine wisdom.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Please show me where divine wisdom is against what i have said then. I have quoted to you scripture that back up my point and along with common sense it is easily understood. You can not get your way by always saying its (HUMAN LOGIC) or (HUMAN SOURCES), because you can't disprove something, I have given you scriptural proof for what i am saying, and if it is contrary to scripture then you need to show it not just make some snide remarks about what is said, because you personally disagree with it.

peace……….gene

Irene
    Participant

I am with you on this one Gene.

Georg

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi All,
    Do you think Holy Spirit is another person apart from God and Jesus ?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,341 through 2,360 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account