The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,281 through 2,300 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Irene
    Participant

Exactly, theodorej

Also, why do we always ask the Father for his Holy Spirit to teach us?
    Why do we not go directly to the Holy Spirit and ask for understanding?
    Would it not be the same as though a child ask the mother to ask the father for something?
    Would the mother not say, go ask him yourself?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene…….> Exactly right…..Spirit is expressed through words and words are the expression of intellect of our minds. When Jesus said the words i tell you (ARE) Spirit and life. He was not lying when God breath spirit (intellect) into man He became a living (SOUL). The Seven spirits described as the Spirit of God are seven intellects as previously brought out.

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2008,18:14)
    Hi GB,
    Why are you desperate to find some worldly support for your idea?

Is it because it is vital to your doctrine formation
    and cannot be found in scripture?

But you should search for it in scripture-on which all godly doctrine is based?

Nick…….thats interesting you go to the worldly dictionary explanations to get you doctrine back up , But when others do it they are “WORLDLY” Does that seem right to you?. I have search in scripture to prove my point and have Quoted it over and over, right out of Jesus own mouth. Desperation is not my motive here but could be your's, to try to get backup for your self salvation doctrine you preach.

IMO……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If you need carnal support then is your doctrine is just that-carnal?
    The things of God are not carnally based and the support of the world is not what we need.

1 John 4:5
    They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The study of the spirit of man is made difficult because of the closely integrated nature of man. Only the Word can discern between soul and spirit. Soul and spirit are what derive from the breath of God while body is of earth.

Scripture speaks of man as body, as soul, and also calls the living soul at times, “spirit” , as other living beings such as angels are also known. So while man lives there can be apparent confusion.

Separation does occur at death though when the spirit of man returns to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

ps,
    Ps 139
    14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2008,07:50)
    Hi,
    The study of the spirit of man is made difficult because of the closely integrated nature of man. Only the Word can discern between soul and spirit. Soul and spirit are what derive from the breath of God while body is of earth.

Scripture speaks of man as body, as soul, and also calls the living soul at times, “spirit” , as other living beings such as angels are also known. So while man lives there can be apparent confusion.

Separation does occur at death though when the spirit of man returns to God.

Nick…….is that not what i said the Soul includes the Spirit and Body. Body + Spirit= a Soul a human soul. The spirit is not separate from the Soul at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The soul includes the body?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Jesus said don't fear them that can destory the body and can do nothing else, but fear him who can destory (BOTH) that means (TWO) body AND SOUL. The word Both shows they are not the same, Body + soul = one Human. the Soul is the spirit, and when we die it goes back to He who gave it. The Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God does not destroy the spirit he lends men.
    It returns to Him.[Mt10,Ecc12]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..No but He can, that was Jesus' point.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Jesus made no point about destroying a human spirit did he?
    Neither does any word in scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..So what was Jesus talking about then if God can destory our spirit. Just because it goes back to God who gave it, what makes you think He can't destory it them. Man became a soul when the spirit of life entered Him until then He was just a body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Where does it say God destroys man's spirit?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I never said He does, I am the one saying He doesn't remember, but that doesn't mean He Can't . You are limiting what God can or cannot do, Not me. Jesus said He can destory both body and Soul and a soul is a spiritual existence, when God breath into man His Spirit He became a Living Soul. A soul cannot exist without Spirit. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Good.
    God did not say it.
    Then neither should you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….right God never said it, neither did i say it, So where do you get of saying i did say it them, what does that make you. You need to stop misrepresenting what i say, please.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Doctrines are not built on what God is capable of doing.
    There would be no end to speculation if we did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit is to God what our spirit is to us.
    But there the similarity ends.

The Spirit of God is extraordinary in everyway including power and ability.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..you again fall to show me where i said something you said i did, and just insert you own dogma and reasonings into whats being said. I personally don't think you are qualified to decide what doctrines are built upon. I believe the Spirit of God searches the deep thing of GOD and add to our understanding continually. You have a right to believe any way you want to, but you have no right to tell us to believe your interpretations of what you perceive as truth, then call it as (GOD”S) Truth. We are all to grow in GRACE and KNOWLEDGE as (SCRIPTURE) says. Yours is not the only truth neither just whats written in scripture the (ONLY) truth.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,281 through 2,300 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account