The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…scripture says, David is both dead and buried, his scripture remains with us to this Day, David is not risen. All who have died are not yet risen to life the only one was Jesus (the first risen from the dead). The dead know not nothing in the day they die their thoughts parish, it says. The spirit goes back to the Lord who gave it. And while thats considered still existing it's in a sleep state. that the way i understand it.

Love and peace to you and yours Adam………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Those who die in Christ have passed over from death to life.[jn5]
    Are they aware? Abraham rejoiced to see the day of Jesus.

We should get past seeing life only according to the state of natural man.
    His spirit returns to God but those in Christ are alive in some way in the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….if when a person dies he is then resurrected then why is there a another resurrection at the time of Jesus return, called the first resurrection.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for sharing good information on the souls of men.
    Hi Nick,
    I agree with you that our spirits go back to God who is the giver of the spirits. But you have not answered my question regarding immortality of our souls and their conscience of things after our death. So far I believe that our souls will die when our spirits leave this body. So spirit is the main portion of our body which gives life. Soul is the result of spirit and a body. That's why we read in Genesis that Adam became living soul when the breath of God came into him.
    I am now reasoning is unless we have our own spirits along with God's Spirit how can we have our identity apart from God. Even Jesus must have got back his own spirit along with God's Spirit at his resurrection. Otherwise how can he has his identity as Son of God apart from God his Father. This is my question I am repeatedly putting to you. I know there is no clear evidense for this ASSUMPTION. BUT WE CAN GET THEM PROVED THROUGH OTHER AVAILABLE DEFINITION OF BODY, SOUL snd SPIRIT OF MAN.
    peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gollanudi…….i never really look into that subject very much. But i will tell you what i think, Spirit is Just intellect and all intellect comes from God and when we die it goes back to him who gave it, and can never be destoryed because it comes from God and Goes back to Him, But the soul is you, your personality and particular distinct traits given to you art berth. Jesus said to not fear them who can Kill the flesh but after that can do nothing more, but fear Him who can destroy both Body and Soul. We know these bodies cannot go into the kingdom of God, but our Soul i believe can, and when we die the soul goes into a sleep State, but at the resurection it is reactivated or wakened and the Spirit of God reenters it. This is He that is born of Spirit and cannot ever sin again.

Adam this is the way I understand it at this time.

Give you wife and Kids a hug for me………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Intellect??
    Intellect is one of the most obvious function of the mind.

The mind only is the source of understanding and thus knowledge.
    The Spirit is not just Knowledge but is power.

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The Spirit of God is not the INTELLECT of God but is the Spirit of LIFE.

John 6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 3:6
    Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Same as our spirit gives us life

Jas2
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

gollamudi
    Participant

Finally what is that you are concluding brother Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    We should not make up our own answers but seek the scriptural definitions.

God is not a God of confusion but if everyone is free to follow speculation and opinion
    it sure must look like that to outsiders as no two opinions agree and division follows division.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    Nobody wants to follow mere speculation, so please let us come to the word of God as you said and come to conclusion. No arguments again.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 05 2008,14:39)
    Hi brother Gene,
    Hi Nick,
    I agree with you that our spirits go back to God who is the giver of the spirits. But you have not answered my question regarding immortality of our souls and their conscience of things after our death. So far I believe that our souls will die when our spirits leave this body. So spirit is the main portion of our body which gives life. Soul is the result of spirit and a body. That's why we read in Genesis that Adam became living soul when the breath of God came into him.
    I am now reasoning is unless we have our own spirits along with God's Spirit how can we have our identity apart from God. Even Jesus must have got back his own spirit along with God's Spirit at his resurrection. Otherwise how can he has his identity as Son of God apart from God his Father. This is my question I am repeatedly putting to you. I know there is no clear evidense for this ASSUMPTION. BUT WE CAN GET THEM PROVED THROUGH OTHER AVAILABLE DEFINITION OF BODY, SOUL snd SPIRIT OF MAN.
    peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    Immortal souls?
    Mortality only relates to bodies but Mt 10.28 shows that the second death destroys souls too.
    Spirit is not a portion of a body. Body, soul and spirit are three integral aspects of our being.[1Thess 5.23]. Only the body, flesh, is of the dust so soul and spirit are of the breath of God.
    Body rots, spirit returns to God but soul does neither and Hades is the waiting place for many. Soul is identity, enlivened by our spirit till death and after death, in Christ, by his spirit, the Holy Spirit that is of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2008,17:51)
    Hi GB,
    Intellect??
    Intellect is one of the most obvious function of the mind.

The mind only is the source of understanding and thus knowledge.
    The Spirit is not just Knowledge but is power.

2 Timothy 1:7
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

The Spirit of God is not the INTELLECT of God but is the Spirit of LIFE.

John 6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 8:2
    For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:10
    And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 3:6
    Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Same as our spirit gives us life

Jas2
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Nick…that right intellect is the function of the mind and the mind causes us to move. The spirit is intellect or why did Jesus say the (WORDS) I speak unto you the (ARE SPIRIT) words are expressions of intellect so Spirit is Intellect. It's oblivious to any one who thinks about it. Take you intellect out of you and you die , remove the spirit and the man is blank in a sleep state. The spirit gives intellect to the man, When we are told to try the spirits we are being told to try what a man is saying, and what he is saying comes from his intellect.

imo…………gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2008,16:28)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 05 2008,14:39)
    Hi brother Gene,
    Hi Nick,
    peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    Immortal souls?
    Mortality only relates to bodies but Mt 10.28 shows that the second death destroys souls too.
    Spirit is not a portion of a body. Body, soul and spirit are three integral aspects of our being.[1Thess 5.23]. Only the body, flesh, is of the dust so soul and spirit are of the breath of God.
    Body rots, spirit returns to God  but soul does neither and Hades is the waiting place for many. Soul is identity, enlivened by our spirit till death and after death, in Christ, by his spirit, the Holy Spirit that is of God.

Hi Nick,
    I appreciate this post because you have shared your opinion. As you rightly told nothing as clear as black and white. Some times we have to apply logic in the light of scriptures. Let us get more understanding on this from others.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You say
    “Nick…that right intellect is the function of the mind and the mind causes us to move. The spirit is intellect or why did Jesus say the (WORDS) I speak unto you the (ARE SPIRIT) words are expressions of intellect so Spirit is Intellect. It's oblivious to any one who thinks about it. Take you intellect out of you and you die , remove the spirit and the man is blank in a sleep state. The spirit gives intellect to the man, When we are told to try the spirits we are being told to try what a man is saying, and what he is saying comes from his intellect.”

Logic is not enough and often sadly deceptive.
    You need to find your ideas written to know you are aligned with the Spirit.
    The spirit is not written as intellect and only some form of logic causes you to say so.

Surely a thought the source of an intellectual concept
    and thus is the spirit thought and not intellect by your concept?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….being you are saying the intellect is just logic and spirit is different then intellect prove what your saying by scripture then. You seen the think God is not logical by saying intellect is not part of spirit. Prove what your saying , by scripture , i have used scripture to prove what i said, now show us you proof.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    We do not have to disprove anything.
    What is not written cannot be proven or disproven.

Abide in scripture

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..> i am asking you to show us the scriptures you draw you conclusions from and if you can't then don't tell me to abide in scriptures then, i gave you scriptures, so give us yours scriptures seeing you (ABIDE IN SCRIPTURE)then. And if what is written can not be used for proof and reproof then you faith is in vain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So if you show us two or three verses that say spirit is intellect we can move on.
    Thanks.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    Spirit is called as the mind of a person. Does the mind have the intellect of a person?
    Ofcourse I do agree that all spirit is not intellect alone. Spirit is some thing more than the intellect. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…….Spirit is the expression of intellect. IN the beginning was the word (expressed intellect) and the word was with God or Elohim i.e. (powers) and was God or (powers), why? because God is Spirit powers and Words are expressions of His SPIRIT>

a Spirit is a power moving intellect. even if its a demonic spirit it still is a power moving intellect. That works in the mind of a person. Nothing would be done without spirit, Evil or good. When the spirit leaves the intellect of it leaves also. That why when we become fully Born of Spirit we cannot sin. Just like it says whosoever is born of Spirit (cannot) sin. The Spirit here is implying Gods Spirit.

imo……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Come on.
    Scripture please.
    Not faulty human logic

Viewing 20 posts - 2,201 through 2,220 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account