The Creations of Genesis 1 and John 1 Revised

This topic contains 224 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anthony 1 day, 16 hours ago.

• Author
     GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 43
    • Total replies 16,844

Truthcomber. …..let’s stay simply ok?,   keep it short,

You quote scripture that say ” it” is sown a natural body “it” is raised a spiritual body,” Now please explain what is the “it” mentioned their.   Is it not a physical  “body” that is raised ?   please notice it do not “it” is raised a spirit,  but it says “it” is “raised” a spiritual “body” .   Jesus was raised with a spritual body, he was not and is not a spirit of anykind, but a physical human being, who has the spirit of the living God “in” him, just as we shall also be.

Lets get this clear first then we can move on to the part of a grain of wheat or corn , being sown as a old body, but raised as a new “body’ exactly like the old body it came from. 

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 976

Gene:

Gene said: You quote scripture that say ” it” is sown a natural body “it” is raised a spiritual body,” Now please explain what is the “it” mentioned their. Is it not a physical “body” that is raised ? please notice it do not “it” is raised a spirit, but it says “it” is “raised” a spiritual “body”.

Me: This is speaking of our bodies, not Christ’s. Christ’s body was not changed into a glorious one until he had ascended into heaven (Rom 1:4).

https://biblehub.com/lexicon/1_corinthians/15-44.htm
    https://biblehub.com/interlinear/1_corinthians/15-44.htm

Me: There is no “it” in the original Greek.

The verse would read this way:
    “Sown natural body raised spiritual body if natural body also spiritual body.”
    But if you insist that “it” should be inserted in 1 Cor 15:44 then “it” would be just a body not designated spiritual or natural by itself.

Gene said: Jesus was raised with a spritual body, he was not and is not a spirit of anykind, but a physical human being, who has the spirit of the living God “in” him, just as we shall also be.

Me: You contradict yourself.  How can Christ be raised a spiritual body and be a physical human being.

John 4:23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in SPIRIT and TRUTH.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the TRUTH and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

New American Standard Bible
    1 Cor 15:45 So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving SPIRIT.

Me: We worship the Father through spirit and truth which is Christ. The Father is the mind of the spirit and is spirit. Christ was raised with the body he died with, i.e. a little below angels. His body was transformed into a glorious one that shined as the bright morning star after he had ascended into heaven. We also will have bodies like this. But the body is not the primary emphasis or goal. The spirit is. For God gives every spirit a body.

Matt 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Truthcomber 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 976

Gene:

I will not be answering your posts especially and will rest from all this for awhile.  You can talk to yourself if you please, or maybe even to your mentor, Jodi.  I have addressed everything you have quoted.  You on the other hand have not addressed all the scriptures I have quoted.  I have never ever seen anything as deceptive as you and Jodi are.

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 912

Hi Gene & TC

It is important to realize all resurrections that have taken place from the time of Adam until now, have been resurrections to mortal life and that even includes the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

But wait, are we not told in the Holy Scriptures that our Lord became the firstfruit (singular) of those who will be resurrected to live for the rest of eternity with the Father (1 Corinthians 15:20-23)? Yes, that is correct.

When Jesus was resurrected, He came forth from the tomb first as a mortal being. He then went to His Father in heaven, sprinkled His blood upon the walls of God’s own Holy of Holies. After this, Christ was brought to the throne on the right hand of the Father and then He was clothed with a mantle of spiritual power that changed Him into a spirit body that will remain alive for the rest of eternity. He then sat down on the right hand of God and by doing so assured each of us that we will do the same thing in our own resurrections. We will sit on the same throne as Christ (Ephesians 2:6).

There was a span of an hour or so between Christ’s actual resurrection from the tomb of Joseph of Arimathaea on the Mount of Olives and when He went to heaven to appear before the Father to receive His glorified body. He was at first mortal. He told Mary soon after His resurrection “touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father” (John 20:17). He had not yet purified heaven (the universe) with His blood.

The fact is, when Mary saw Him resurrected from the dead, Christ had still not been completely forgiven of the sins upon Him until He appeared before the Father in heaven. He then appeared before the Judgment Seat of God.

Remember that it is given unto men to die and then we must undergo the Judgment; and even Christ (as our representative and substitute) had to pass the Judgment of God in heaven before He could be redeemed and saved. See Hebrews 9:27 for this essential teaching. The Father brought Christ to the Judgment Seat and there God legally and officially absolved Christ of those sins (our sins) that He bore for us. He did this on our behalf.

That means that each of us has passed that Judgment Seat in triumph because we were “in Christ” when He passed that Judgment Seat with a victorious award of a certain salvation and glory (2 Corinthians 5:10-20). Christ was then clothed with the mantle of salvation and He was again given His spirit body. He sat down on the right hand of the Father, just as we (after our resurrections) will sit on that throne in heaven (Ephesians 2:6). We will also have a spiritual body as He has (Philippians 3:21).

After the Father cleansed and purified Christ (and when Christ passed the Judgment Seat as a substitute for us that morning after His resurrection almost two thousand years ago), Christ was legally and officially cleansed of every sin He ever had on His back. That means our sins, dear brethren, because Christ had no sins of His own to account for. At that moment, Christ passed the Judgment Seat of God triumphantly with a sinless record to show; He passed the bar of God gloriously and He did it in our place.

Passing the Judgment Seat of God by Christ was done for us and on our behalf. Once Christ emerged from the Judgment Seat triumphantly, God the Father told Him to put on the mantle of salvation and glory ordained for Him before the foundation of the world (2 Timothy 1:9). But Christ was not doing this for Himself alone. Christ took on the responsibility of bringing all of us in the human race with Him into the very salvation and the glory He was ordained to have from the beginning of time. In the eyes of God the Father we all sat down with Christ on that same glorious throne in heaven. Our salvations were then and there secured and made certain at that time and for all future time.

We are saved by grace, not works. God guarantees our glory.

We Must Be Changed from Mortal to Immortal

What Christ experienced was something special and extraordinary after His resurrection from the dead. When He came forth from the grave He was as mortal as all the Old Testament saints and New Testament saints of later times, that had undergone similar resurrections from the dead. None of these resurrections—not even those special individuals who came forth at Christ’s resurrection as witness to the power of God over death—was a resurrection to spiritual life with a spirit body to last for eternity. No. All of these resurrections were to mortal life like that of Lazarus.  None were spiritual resurrections that meant the person not die any more. In fact, all resurrections to life are to mortal life unless a secondary procedure is done by God to infuse those resurrected bodies with a new spirit-body the same type as that now enjoyed by Christ and the Father. Christ was given that secondary infusion of spiritual life when He went to heaven. It made His body impervious to death and incapable of dying any more.

When He appeared before the Father with His own blood, the Father looked at Him and told Him to sprinkle His blood in the Holy of Holies in heaven. The Father then absolved Christ by grace of all sin and pollution, along with all of us reckoned to be “in Him.” The Father told Him to place the mantle of spiritual power upon His body that would change Him into immortality. Doing this, Christ sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven. And Christ took each of us with Him to that throne. We sat “with Christ” on that throne when He sat on it (Ephesians 2:6). To sit on that throne means you will have a body like we do now.

Paul stated that all must die and after that comes the Judgment (Hebrews 9:27). So, Christ went to heaven first and appeared before the Father in the normal type of Judgment that all humans have to undergo. After that, He had to be accepted of the Father. He sprinkled His own blood on the walls of God’s heavenly palace and God the Father, in total acceptance of what His firstborn Son had done, finally clothed Him with the mantle of spiritual power to infuse Him permanently with the Father’s divine spirit. Christ then became a spirit-bodied person with the same bodily factors of spirit substance that has always embraced the Father in heaven. That was the moment when Christ secured for us the same type of spiritual body, rank, character and emotions, the same holiness, and an identical membership in the Family of God that Christ also had. We will all become “God.”

This assumption of Christ’s new spirit embodiment was asecondary factor in the resurrection process. As far as all other people mentioned in the Holy Scriptures who were resurrected from the dead, none was given that secondaryexperience that would grant them life for the rest of eternity with the Father. But Christ was given it. Christ became the firstfruit of those that died. As a result of Christ’s resurrection from the dead, He gained that resplendent and awesome secondary experience. It is a secondary clothing of intrinsic life. When applied to us, this donning of that spiritual garment makes us to be exactly like God the Father in bodily composition and, in a legal sense, to have the same divine characteristics and substance now enjoyed by Christ and the Father.

What do I mean by secondaryact? This secondary function results in our mortal body being changed into immortal spirit substance—into a body that looks exactly like a human being, but the substance of the body is composed of spirit (a special heavenly material). This spirit is as tangible to other spirit beings as our present fleshly body is tangible to other fleshly bodies. All humans must be changed into this new form to inherit and enjoy our incorruptible spirit bodies made of spirit-substance.

Our Future Spiritual Body

The spirit substance we are to inherit is as solid to another spirit being (or substance) as the Notre Dame cathedral is solid and substantial to our physical experience in the flesh. Spirit bodies are substantial to other spirit bodies. In the resurrection, we are all to have bodies like we have now, though composed of spiritual substance, not flesh and blood. They will be bodies just like Christ and the Father now have. Recall that Christ is the express image of the Father in every way (Hebrews 1:3). In the resurrection, our bodies will be whole bodies with every appendage in place. If your present body lacks a finger or an arm (or an appendix) or you are circumcised, you will be restored to the same type of body as Adam had (who was in the image and form as God the Father), though your body will be of spirit substance. For an example of this type of restoration, see Isaiah 35:6.

Christ provides another example of this restoration of all body parts in one of His miracles. There was a man who had a withered arm, but it was restored by Christ back to a perfect condition, to be just like his other arm (Matthew 12:9-13). And Paul said the resurrection was like sowing wheat or some grain and when the original seed dies, the outcome is a new seed being born would be with perfect dimensions like the former seed. So will we come forth whole and restored, with a Spiritual body.

God bless 🙏

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 912

Hi all,  In my last post I have to make a correction .   Where it say We all become God, was supposed to come out as” We all become god’s

God bless.

Viewing 5 posts - 221 through 225 (of 225 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2019 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account