Spirit of Christ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 Peter1
    9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Where is he?
    Colossians 3:1
    Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3
    For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Ephesians 2:6
    And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

And in us
    Colossians 3:11
    Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all

Ephesians 3:17
    so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Colossians 1:27
    To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

As Spirit
    2 Corinthians 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Rom8
    9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

kerwin
    Participant

This is an interesting topic you have breached then it seems to me “spirit” in scripture has multiple definitions depending on what context it is used in.  You have the Spirit of God which seem to be God's soul but also could be his aura of righteousness and holiness in other places.  You have the spirit of Christ which could be Jesus soul or the aura of righteousness given off by his anointing.  Then you have the normal spirit of a man which is either the corrupt aura given off by normal men or their souls.  I find this somewhat confusing as there seems to be a crossover between the two definitions as we are told to live by the radiance of the Christ spirit which is a reflection of God's aura of righteousness and at the same time we are told that Jesus and God live in us which I assume is their souls.  Maybe I am taking that to far and all that lives in us is their aura of righteousness which is really the same aura as Jesus' is the reflection of God's.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You say
    “This is an interesting topic you have breached then it seems to me “spirit” in scripture has multiple definitions depending on what context it is used in.”

I agree there is little are some different  meanings but we are made in the image of God and that image does not relate to flesh.

eg
    The spark of life in all living things from the breath of God [Jas 2]
    Angels and demons-[heb 1-2]
    Souls without bodies- eg what the apostles thought they saw walking on the lake.

You say
    “You have the Spirit of God which seem to be God's soul”

God's soul is mentiioned in Ps 11 and there is no indication that His Spirit is that soul and more than our spirit is our soul[Heb4]

“but also could be his aura of righteousness and holiness in other places.”  

Where?

” You have the spirit of Christ which could be Jesus soul or the aura of righteousness given off by his anointing.”

The anointing Spirit gave life to Jesus even after his death and is the same Spirit of God that anointed the prophets

“Then you have the normal spirit of a man which is either the corrupt aura given off by normal men or their souls. “

Why do you say this?? corrupt AURA?
    It has no scriptural backings does it?
    The spirit of man is the spirit of man and can be with the Spirit of God.[Rom8]

“I find this somewhat confusing as there seems to be a crossover between the two definitions as we are told to live by the radiance of the Christ spirit which is a reflection of God's aura of righteousness and at the same time we are told that Jesus and God live in us which I assume is their souls.”

Again scripture please.

”  Maybe I am taking that to far and all that lives in us is their aura of righteousness which is really the same aura as Jesus' is the reflection of God's”

Where is this AURA in scripture?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

God's soul is mentioned in Ps 11 and there is no indication that His Spirit is that soul and more than our spirit is our soul [Heb4]

I assume we agree that a God’s soul is what animates and composes His vital principles.  One example of when the Spirit of God is His soul could be Genesis 1:2 when His spirit hovered over the waters.  I am assuming that Spirit is used a synonym for soul which is sometimes done in the current times.  I have been told that the Greek word “Pneuma” which means “breath” is translated Spirit and we know that God’s breath made Adam a living soul.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Where?

Such as in those places where believers are instructed to walk by the Spirit.  Though that seems to be the aura of righteousness of God as reflected by Jesus.

Nick Hassan wrote:

The anointing Spirit gave life to Jesus even after his death and is the same Spirit of God that anointed the prophets

The aura of righteousness is righteousness as those who live by it do not sin.  Jesus lived by the Spirit but the prophets could not have done so since they were not in the New Covenant.  Still they did God’s will considering their limitations and their words were righteous.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Why do you say this?? Corrupt AURA?

That is what the old man mentioned in Romans 6 is.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Again scripture please.

We are told to live by the Spirit which appears to be the God’s aura of righteousness as reflected by Jesus and Jesus prayed that he and God would live in those that believe.  I had assumed Jesus meant their souls but I can be wrong and he is just talking about the God’s aura of righteousness that Jesus lives by and so reflects.  I could also be correct and so the crossover between the two definitions for spirit.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Where is this AURA in scripture?

I am trying to use another word that I believe adequately gets the message across.  I am certainly not positive that I chose the best though it does mean an invisible breath, radiation, or emanation according to dictionary.com.

If you have another definition for spirit then please share it.

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 19 2009,01:35)
    I am trying to use another word that I believe adequately gets the message across.  I am certainly not positive that I chose the best though it does mean an invisible breath, radiation, or emanation according to dictionary.com.

If you have another definition for spirit then please share it.

Exo 24:17 Now the appearance of the glory of the LORD was like a devouring fire on the top of the mountain in the sight of the people of Israel.

Eze 3:23 So I arose and went out into the valley, and behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, like the glory that I had seen by the Chebar canal, and I fell on my face.

Act 9:3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him.

Luk 2:9 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear.

2Co 3:18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Why can the Spirit of God not be
    the spirit of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    1Cor2
    10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

What the spirit of man is to man, the Spirit of God is to God.
    That Spirit of God in Christ is called the Spirit of Christ.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan:

Why can the Spirit of God not be
    the spirit of God?

The question is what is the definition of spirit.  I did think of a third definition and that is the makeup of the “physical” body of demons, angels, and even God.  The question is which definition fit’s the context of Genesis 1:2 and the answer is either the bodily makeup of God or His soul.

Nick Hassan:

What the spirit of man is to man, the Spirit of God is to God.

We now have a situation since as I pointed out spirit can have more than one definition.   If you use the definition of spirit that is the bodily makeup of God then what you say is false since human beings do not have spirit bodies.  Now if you use the aura morality/immorality that a person lives by or soul then I can see the connection.  

Nick Hassan:

That Spirit of God in Christ is called the Spirit of Christ.

Once again the definition that is applied makes the difference whether what you say is true or not.  If the account of Thomas is true then Jesus does not have a spirit body and so his body is not like God’s who does have a spirit body.  Jesus has a separate soul than God or he would not have prayed “as you will and not a I will“.  Jesus is a reflection of God’s aura of righteousness and so his aura of righteousness is God’ aura of righteousness which is why when you see Jesus act you see God act.

One reason that this topic is important is it relates to the topic about Jesus’ preexistence.   When the prophets spoke by the spirit of Christ they were not speaking by Jesus’ soul and certainly not by his bodily makeup but rather by his aura of righteousness.  That same aura of righteousness can be said to have been with God and to be God from the beginning.  That same aura of righteousness came down and inhabited Jesus’ flesh.  That same aura of righteousness can also be referred to as the spirit of Sonship and so can be referred to as the One and only or Only Begotten as God only begot one aura of righteousness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Spirit is not body is it?
    Does scripture say God has any sort of BODY?

God is spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,03:11)

Hi KW,
    Spirit is not body is it?
    Does scripture say God has any sort of BODY?

God is spirit.

You can certainly have a spirit body as a ghost does and scripture testifies of at least one ghost in the witch of Endor summoned the ghost of Samuel.

Scripture does say that we move within God and have our being in Him so I would say He does have a body.

Acts 17:28(NIV) reads:

For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You say
    ” If the account of Thomas is true then Jesus does not have a spirit body and so his body is not like God’s who does have a spirit body.”

Do you have doubts about scriptural truth?
    Is this the only verse that you doubt?

We are made in the image of God.

We do not know what happened to the natural body of the man Jesus after he was uplifted from earth but perhaps what scripture says about us happened to him-the imperishable was put over the perishable[1Cor15]. We do follow him

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,03:31)
    Hi KW,
    You say
    ” If the account of Thomas is true then Jesus does not have a spirit body and so his body is not like God’s who does have a spirit body.”

We do not know what happened to the natural body of the man Jesus after he was uplifted from earth but perhaps what scripture says about us happened to him-the imperishable was put over the perishable[1Cor15]. We do follow him

You are committing the sin of fault finding. I asked the question and my answer to the question is implied in my post since I used the argument to prove that Jesus has a body different from God's.

So you believe when Jesus comes again he will not have a physical body. I am curious if scripture backs you on that one. I suspicion it does not though it may remain silent on the issue.

kerwin
    Participant

Revelations 1:7(NIV) reads:

Look, he is coming with the clouds,
         and every eye will see him,
      even those who pierced him;
         and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW
    1Cor 15
    35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 20 2009,09:02)

Hi KW,
    You say

You are committing the sin of fault finding.  I asked the question and my answer to the question is implied in my post since I used the argument to prove that Jesus has a body different from God's.

So you believe when Jesus comes again he will not have a physical body.  I am curious if scripture backs you on that one.  I suspicion it does not though it may remain silent on the issue.

Hi KW,
    Where does scripture say God has a body?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 20 2009,09:02)

Hi KW,
    You say

You are committing the sin of fault finding.  I asked the question and my answer to the question is implied in my post since I used the argument to prove that Jesus has a body different from God's.

So you believe when Jesus comes again he will not have a physical body.  I am curious if scripture backs you on that one.  I suspicion it does not though it may remain silent on the issue.

Hi KW,
    So what is said about Thomas putting his hand in the battered body is true?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 20 2009,09:05)
    Revelations 1:7(NIV) reads:

Look, he is coming with the clouds,
         and every eye will see him,
      even those who pierced him;
         and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

Hi KW,
    So the King will return with God ever living in him as Spirit.
    Ps 2
    1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes they will mourn for the one who WAS pierced.
    But his body will not still be pierced

Participant

Hi All:

Christ = anointed. The Spirit of Christ then is the spirit of the anointed one. The Holy Spirit is not the spirit of the anointed one. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    What was Christ anointed with?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account