Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 15 2008,21:35)
    Hi JOdi,
    You have known deception and false reasoning so you should understand our vulnerability.

Let's follow scripture and not the traditions of men.

Are you with me here Nick? Can you understand what the scriptures are saying?

People in the bible who worship false gods are following what?

Jer 14:14 Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and thedelusions of their own minds.

Jer 18:12 –And they have said, It is incurable, For after our own devices we do go, And each the stubbornness of his evil heart we do.

Jer 23:26 How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophesy the delusions of their own minds?

Yes we live in a well organized kingdom of evil, we live in a world where man FOLLOWS the delusions coming from his OWN MIND!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…….AMEN,AMEN, May God continue to bless you in the Knowledge of our FATHER and the LORD Jesus Christ.

love and peace to you and yours…….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    As you have found men are very prone to delusion and the carnal intellect finds scriptural truth to be a foreign language. The prince of darkness rules this earthly dominion in a very organised fashion. Praise God Jesus has bound the strong man so we can pilfer his possessions and set men free.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,11:23)
    Hi Jodi,
    As you have found men are very prone to delusion and the carnal intellect finds scriptural truth to be a foreign language. The prince of darkness rules this earthly dominion in a very organised fashion. Praise God Jesus has bound the strong man so we can pilfer his possessions and set men free.

Hi Nick,

Could you please be more specific in your understanding? Who is this prince of darkness and how exactly does he rule earth, and in what manner is he organized?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Great that you acknowledge his existence.
    Jesus spoke of the prince.
    John 12:31
    Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

John 14:30
    Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me

John 16:11
    Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

And Paul

Ephesians 6:12
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 1:13
    Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Listen to Jesus
    Lk11
    14And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.

15But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

16And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

17But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

18If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

19And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

20But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

21When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

22But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

23He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The one who overcame Satan also gave this power over that kingdom to his brothers.

Mt10
    1And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    In a similar verse you will see that the unclean spirits are also known as devils.

Mk3
    13And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.

14And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

15And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    And in another the evil spirits are called demons
    Lk9

1And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,13:59)
    Hi Jodi,
    Great that you acknowledge his existence.
    Jesus spoke of the prince.
    John 12:31
    Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

John 14:30
    Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me

John 16:11
    Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

And Paul

Ephesians 6:12
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Colossians 1:13
    Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Nick, you are parroting again and not giving your understanding.

So to your understanding who is the prince or ruler of this world?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The god of this world has been deposed by the newly appointed King Jesus.
    Jesus saw him fall from the heavens and now pilfers his kingdom.
    The darkness is being and will be dispelled by the light.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick

It seems that you are hiding your belief. Why don't you just answer the question?

To whom or what do you believe the adversary or devil to be?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    What does Jesus say?
    We should listen to him .

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,14:35)
    Hi Jodi,
    The god of this world has been deposed by the newly appointed King Jesus.
    Jesus saw him fall from the heavens and now pilfers his kingdom.
    The darkness is being and will be dispelled by the light.

The god of this world, the prince of this world is indeed clear through scripture.

Once again,

Ro 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

Philippians 18:8 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame–who set their mind on earthly things.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,14:51)
    Hi Jodi,
    What does Jesus say?
    We should listen to him .

Nick, stop playing games man.

Jesus said that the adversary is the man who has in mind the things of men. Mark 8:33

Do you or do you not believe in the words of Jesus, or do you believe according to the traditions of men who say the adversary is a fallen angel (something of which Jesus NEVER said)?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    I do not think any particular belly rules the world.
    Is Jesus your primary teacher of truth?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,15:03)
    Hi Jodi,
    I do not think any particular belly rules the world.
    Is Jesus your primary teacher of truth?

Nick, I have already told you I read the bible and try to understand it according to the brain of which God gave me. I write on this forum what makes the best sense to me when I consider the bible in it's entirety.

From the beginning to the end the message seems clear that man's problem is not fallen angels but his weak flesh coupled with his carnal mind that fears death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So Jesus is not your teacher?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Lots of p[eople read the bible but it does not seem much help to them. Even clever people like Isaac Newton read it and finished up confused and finally denying Satan even exists.

Jesus should be the teacher and we should look to no others ahead of him.

If you do not regard his teachings as vital should we take much account of your views?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 16 2008,15:20)
    Hi Jodi,
    So Jesus is not your teacher?

Nick, stop playing games.

If I read the bible and believe in it as the true words of God, then of course Jesus is my teacher. DUH!

I am not the one who says that the enemies of Jesus and his followers are those whose god is their belly.

Do you or do you not believe in the scriptures?
    Do you understand what is meant by 'whose god is their belly'?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account