Satan

Viewing 18 posts - 2,221 through 2,238 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………The question is not is the bible true, it how much understanding we have of whats said brother. If you go and think about what Jodi and I have both said about Satan and Devil beings existing as real persons and read the scriptures posted you might see the points we are making.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Yes this belief in your understanding often trumps what is written.
    But will it stand the fires of testing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    'The thief comes to steal and destroy'

Look at his activities in Jb 1-2.

Theft and destruction of life and joy and health.

God created and satan pulls down.

God gives life and satan steals it.

Satan offers shortsighted worldly glory and success but the gospel is preached to the poor.

Better to find bare sufficiency in Christ now and inherit the kingdom.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………if that is not a scramble of ignorance i don't know what is. Listen because you lack understand of what I said in no way makes it invalid, to me your understanding is that of a novice, or you could easily understand what i have written, But you still have not left the doctrine of Preexistence much less the Doctrine about devils and demons. Pray about it maybe GOD will given you what you lack in understanding. O and what scripture say “Satan” offers short sited worldly glory . especially seeing there is no actual “BEING” KNOWN AS SATAN. There are a lot of SATANS RUNNING AROUND THOUGH AND THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE BEINGS THEY ARE VISIBLE BEINGS KNOW AS PEOPLE who have an (ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT) IN THEM. As Peter was as well as Judas, and the Pharisees. You have never gotten over that hurdle Yet. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You are not the expert to explain matters to novices like me because you cannot abide in scripture.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………If that's is not a scramble of ignorance i don't know what is. Listen because you lack understand of what I said in no way makes it invalid, to me your understanding is that of a novice, or you could easily understand what i have written, But you still have not left the doctrine of Preexistence much less the Doctrine about devils and demons.  Pray about it maybe GOD will given you what you lack in understanding. O and what scripture say “Satan” offers “short sited” worldly glory . especially  seeing there is no actual “BEING” KNOWN AS SATAN. There are a lot of SATANS RUNNING AROUND THOUGH AND THEY ARE NOT INVISIBLE BEINGS THEY ARE VISIBLE BEINGS KNOW AS PEOPLE who have an (ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT) IN THEM. As Peter was as well as Judas, and the Pharisees. You have never gotten over that hurdle Yet. Satan or ADVERSARIAL (SPIRIT INTELLECT) is on of the seven SPIRIT of GOD> It cause us and GOD to question and not (BLINDLY OBEY) nothing wrong with it but it does cause ramifications , it can be good or it can be bad pending on the how it is used. It can be good if it prevents us form doing wrong , it can be bad if it prevents us from doing whats is right. It is one of GOD'S Spirits he created as part of His creation one of the seven Spirits (intellects) of GOD. All seven Spirit (INTELLECTS) of ONE GOD are distinct rational INTELLECTS or SPIRITS.  IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Satan took Jesus to various places including the top of the temple offering him many worldly things in return for worship. Every son of Adam begins life in the realm of Satan and only Jesus can give them freedom.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2010,08:58)
    G,
    You are not the expert to explain matters to novices like me because you cannot abide in scripture.

Nick………Some body needs to , because you sure don't seem to be getting what scriptures mean on your own. But it does take the (SPIRIT) INTELLECT of TRUTH to understand them. And if you did you would not be a Preexistence then would you. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You take to yourself the job of arbiter of sacred scripture?
    But you are not yet abiding in the Word of God?
    Let others do so till you find your feet.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2010,09:02)
    G,
    Satan took Jesus to various places including the top of the temple offering him many worldly things in return for worship. Every son of Adam begins life in the realm of Satan and only Jesus can give them freedom.

Nick……..Wrong , the spirit lead Jesus into the wilderness and He was tempted by (an adversarial spirit (intellect) in him) , which He mastered with the HOLY SPIRIT (INTELLECT) given HIM by the FATHER. At the Jordan, Jesus' battle was not with a external being it was with himself, his own will, The same battle we all face, false religion has made it appear as something external of us, when in fact it is our own lusts and pride that we must master, with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT given to Us from GOD the FATHER, the (same way Jesus mastered it, so must we). Jesus said to him that over comes (EVEN) as (I) have, same exact process using the same HOLY SPIRIT Jesus used to overcome (HIMSELF) his own WILL. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2010,09:10)
    G,
    You take to yourself the job of arbiter of sacred scripture?
    But you are not yet abiding in the Word of God?
    Let others do so till you find your feet.

Nick………How do you know that  i am or not abiding in, scripture,  Just because you lack understanding does not mean i or others DO. I think you are the one taking it on your own self to arbitrate Scriptures to us Not i.  I am just expressing my opinion of what they mean to me. No one,  you or anyone else, has to believe what i am saying.  IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The dominion of darkness is different to the kingdom of heaven.
    God dwells in all those in His kingdom and can use them to do his work.
    Satan has a hierarchy of servants called demons that are arranged in legions at times.

He can indwell a being like the beast but cannot indwell all men just using his servants to do his will.

Jesus dealt with the prince of darkness and wants us to keep stealing his domain from him setting men and creation free.

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jodi has not changed her tune for over 10 years.

I doubt that she can.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Do you still have frequent conversations with yourself?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

There are a lot of wisdom from different sources in this thread.

The list of books quoted in the bible, but not in the canon, shown by Mercy on page 9 is amazing imo.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

1 Peter 1.6f

“Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations.; that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto raise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ; whom having not seen, ye love, in whom though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory; receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.”

The salvation of the soul, through our faith , is the hope of all, and God wants us to not be distracted by temptation and who causes it, to work in the grace of God, given in Jesus, to reach that goal. Temptation overcome is what strengthens us. Satan deserves no glory as the defeated enemy of God and the tester of our faith.

Proclaimer
    Participant

How do you know that i am or not abiding in, scripture,

You do not believe many things written in scripture about Jesus and his origin.

Viewing 18 posts - 2,221 through 2,238 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account