Satan

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 2,238 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….never did i say there were just two spirits of God , there are seven spirits of God as Scripture says so don't try to prove me wrong by making up screwed up stories and lying inferences. Did not you read where is said i can't prove it but it does make sense to me. You your self are now expressing the same snake spirit in my opinion. There seems to be no end to what you will go through and how much lyng it takes to try to discredit me , the real Nick is appearing more and more for all to see.

love and peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So without diverting how many evil spirits in your god?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….remember you don't even know what a Spirit is even though Jesus explained it clearly. You need to first understand that and then come back and ask the question.

peace and love to you………………gene

Tiffany
    Participant

Gen and Nick Both of you have been at each other throat, which IMO is not Christian like at all. Satan is having a field day and you need to stop doing this. Show each other with love if they are wrong. Pray for each other, that God will help all to understand His Word. We all have to learn yet, not all are perfect. You think that could be possible?
    Peace and Love Irene

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2009,14:35)

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 17 2009,05:55)
    WJ, I am sorry but your ideas are not according to the scriptures. God does indeed let people, such as innocent children, suffer and die.

Ex 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Ezekiel 7:3 Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub, where it had been, to the threshold of the temple. And He called to the man clothed with linen, who had the writer's inkhorn at his side; 4 and the Lord said to him, “Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.”

5 To the others He said in my hearing, “Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity. 6 Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple.

1 Samuel 15:2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: 'I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' ”

Deuteronomy 28:58 “If you do not carefully observe all the words of this law that are written in this book, that you may fear this glorious and awesome name, THE LORD YOUR GOD, 59 then the Lord will bring upon you and your descendants extraordinary plagues–great and prolonged plagues–and serious and prolonged sicknesses.

Revelation 6:3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.” 4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword. 5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.” 7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” 8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

God brought forth corruption into the world, deterioration, corrosion, sickness, disease and death. These things make our flesh weak, not evil celestial beings influencing us. Man is predictable. Combine ignorance to man’s natural instincts for survival, create amongst men different tribes of languages and customs, bring famine to one tribe and they will move looking about for food and will in no time be WILLING, LIKE BRUTE BEASTS, to kill other people for food.

Christians claim that fallen angels draw men to war against each other. We see however according scripture that God causes enemies to rise.

Deuteronomy 28:45 Moreover all these curses shall come upon you and pursue and overtake you, until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which He commanded you. 46 And they shall be upon you for a sign and a wonder, and on your descendants forever. 47 “Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of everything, 48 therefore you shall serve your enemies, whom the Lord will send against you, in hunger, in thirst, in nakedness, and in need of everything; and He will put a yoke of iron on your neck until He has destroyed you. 49 The Lord will bring a nation against you from afar, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flies, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50 a nation of fierce countenance, which does not respect the elderly nor show favor to the young. 51 And they shall eat the increase of your livestock and the produce of your land, until you are destroyed; they shall not leave you grain or new wine or oil, or the increase of your cattle or the offspring of your flocks, until they have destroyed you. 52 They shall besiege you at all your gates until your high and fortified walls, in which you trust, come down throughout all your land; and they shall besiege you at all your gates throughout all your land which the Lord your God has given you. 53 You shall eat the fruit of your own body, the flesh of your sons and your daughters whom the Lord your God has given you, in the siege and desperate straits in which your enemy shall distress you. 54 The sensitive and very refined man among you will be hostile toward his brother, toward the wife of his bosom, and toward the rest of his children whom he leaves behind, 55 so that he will not give any of them the flesh of his children whom he will eat, because he has nothing left in the siege and desperate straits in which your enemy shall distress you at all your gates. 56 The tender and delicate woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground because of her delicateness and sensitivity, will refuse F26 to the husband of her bosom, and to her son and her daughter, 57 her placenta which comes out from between her feet and her children whom she bears; for she will eat them secretly for lack of everything in the siege and desperate straits in which your enemy shall distress you at all your gates. 58 “If you do not carefully observe all the words of this law that are written in this book, that you may fear this glorious and awesome name, THE LORD YOUR GOD, 59 then the Lord will bring upon you and your descendants extraordinary plagues–great and prolonged plagues–and serious and prolonged sicknesses.

Sin comes from man, of which comes when we fulfill the desires of the flesh. This is to act like a BEAST, not an evil celestial being, but a brute beast following after his CARNAL nature.

YHWH plays upon those weaknesses when He brings forth curses, and we see clearly in Deuteronomy what people will stoop to when faced with those curses, it will lead them into worshiping false idols, to becoming hostile against own family members and even cause them to eat their own children.

James 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21 I find then a law, that evil is present
    with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin

BECAUSE WE ARE CARNAL WE ARE SOLD UNDER SIN. The elements of the world, such as that FACT THAT WE MUST SURVIVE IN ORDER TO LIVE, FEED OUR FLESH IN ORDER TO LIVE, drives our mind to sin, for by OUR NATURE our minds are drawn to serve our flesh, JUST LIKE THE ANIMALS are drawn to serve theirs.

Ro 7:5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death.

Ro 8:8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

Ro 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

CONTROLLED BY SINFUL NATURE. We are NOT controlled by evil supernatural beings, but the slanderer, the adversary unto man according to SIN is exactly what the bible repeatedly states.

Please do not ignore these scriptures of which reveal who our adversary IS in regards to our sin.

Jude 1:10 Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals–these are the very things that destroy them.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other; 7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.'

WJ, you and others follow in the custom of pagans.

You believe and fear a false being that does not exist.

Jere 10:3 For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. 4 They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple. 5 They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good.” 6 Inasmuch as there is none like You, O Lord (You are great, and Your name is great in might), 7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? For this is Your rightful due. For among all the wise men of the nations, And in all their kingdoms, There is none like You. 8 But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish; A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine.

Pagans believed that OTHER BEINGS had powers to create calamity and darkness, and these 'beings' took the form of wooden images. Jeremiah and Isaiah however, DECLARE THE WORD OF YHWH, if YOU WJ so choose to LISTEN, THAT ONLY YHWH CAN DO SUCH THINGS.

A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine. WJ, what did those wooden idols represent? There is no warning in Isaiah or Jeremiah that besides YHWH there exists another being that can do man harm. NO NO NO, it states there is ONE God. God is defined BY HIS POWERS, when you give those powers over to another being you are creating a false god. When you believe in another being to have the powers that YHWH says are HIS, you are worshiping a false god.

Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

The whole creation has suffered because it was subjected to futility being bonded in corruption- in death and decay. The whole creation has not been suffering because of evil supernatural beings, but because of deterioration and death, a necessary element to teach mankind. The creation is waiting for the firstfruits, the sons of God to be revealed, so it too can be DELIVERED through the Spirit of God. The WHOLE creation groans for the outpouring of YHWH’s Spirit.

When left alone, according to carnal nature, NO GOOD can come from man. God's Spirit in man renews man's mind giving him control over that carnal nature. Jesus was like us in that his flesh was weak just like ours pulling his mind to serve his flesh, but God's Spirit working in him overpowered the carnal nature in him. When Jesus received immortality the bondage to serve the flesh was removed, and the will of Jesus was perfectly united with his Fathers. Believing that Jesus was raised from the dead and we too will be, works our minds to overcome our carnal nature, helping us while we wait, to deny our flesh as best we can and live for God.

Hi Jodi:

I agree with you that Satan is not some super-natural being cast out of heaven, but I disagree with some of your conclusions regarding God's purpose for allowing evil and creating calamity.

His purposes in this are judgments to punish men for evil that they have done. His intent with these judgments is not simply to punish, but to bring men to repentance.

Marty

Hi Marty,

As one who believe in Universal Salvation, I firmly believe that punishment is a tool to cause change. Not sure where you got that I believe that it is JUST for punishment sake.

My main point was that God does indeed allow innocent people to suffer. Jesus is obviously our greatest example of that. WJ, just seems to be flat out wrong on this.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” 13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    As we have seen those who cannot see Satan in scripture and at work messing lives up on earth, instead blame evil on puny men which makes folks anxious, and more dangerously on God Himself which puts men at risk of His wrath.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 15 2009,15:09)

Well with your view of satan being an “adversary”, and yet a friend of God that God uses to afllict “the upright and obedient” by killing their loved ones and destroying all that they have including inflicting them with sickness and boils unto death, then maybe every believer should fear him.

However it may surprise you that “true believers” do not believe such foolishness about their God or fear satan, for they do not believe “satan” is a friend of God sent by God to bring evil on the righteous.

So if you have ever feared him then maybe you were never saved.

WJ

Nu 22:22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary (SATAN) against him. Now he was riding upon his ass, and his two servants were with him.

Nu 22:32And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine ass these three times? behold, I went out to withstand(SATAN) thee, because thy way is perverse before me:

WJ, we see indeed that a SATAN is a 'friend' of God, not just a friend but a messenger of God, a son of God. God uses His messengers to bring forth curses unto man, these messengers are known as adversaries (SATANS) unto man, for they are bringing upon them destruction.

Psalms 78:43 When He set His signs in Egypt, And His wonders in the field of Zoan, 44 And He turneth to blood their streams, And their floods they drink not. 45 He sendeth among them the beetle, and it consumeth them, And the frog, and it destroyeth them, 46 And giveth to the caterpillar their increase, And their labour to the locust. 47 He destroyeth with hail their vine, And their sycamores with frost, 48 And delivereth up to the hail their beasts, And their cattle to the burning flames. 49 He sendeth on them the fury of His anger, Wrath, and indignation, and distress — A discharge of evil messengers. 50 He pondereth a path for His anger, He kept not back their soul from death, Yea, their life to the pestilence He delivered up.

Children reap of their parents mistakes and punishments. One person's actions whether they be good or bad has a direct impact on others. We would be walking zombies not learning anything if God sheltered everyone from each other's bad actions, and if our punishments didn't as well affect the people around us. Innocent children are starving today and stricken with disease not because of fallen angels and their powers to bring forth famine and diseases, but because YHWH has allowed the punishment of one person to affect another.

MY VIEW Is that the very WORD 'Satan' in the bible is a LIE. The WORD Satan in the original text does not exist, it is a made up word of falsehood. Adversary is the correct word. I have asked several times where the proof of the original Hebrew word adversary becomes according to scripture a proper name for ONE particular individual. I have yet to see a clear answer, and while people accuse me of being obsessed with this topic, I will continue to press forward with it.

Jodi
    Participant

Jesus declared that evil COMES FROM MAN,

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”

The entire bible declares that evil comes from man.

Ge 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Ge 8:21And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man's sake, although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

James 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

Genesis 4:6 So the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”

Mt 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Mt 5:30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Ro 6:6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

OUR BODIES CAUSE US TO SIN-

This is why it is said,

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. 12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned– 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

How is it that because of ONE MAN, many were made sinners? Because the punishment that was given to one man was given to all which was corruption meaning decomposition and death. This punishment would draw all men to serve their bodies. This punishment weakened man's flesh, making it incapable of him to escape sin. Through the punishment given to one man, all were put into bondage, the service of the flesh to keep oneself away from death.

How long Nick are you going to ignore scripture?

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God–through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin

Jesus makes it perfectly clear that it is the BODY that draws man to sin. Paul makes it very clear as well. As a matter of fact the entire bible makes it clear.

Hebrews 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

1 Corinthians 15:26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” 55 “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” 56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Where is the victory, the victory was in the fact that Jesus DENIED his flesh with the use of God's Spirit. The power of death is that it draws a person to serve their flesh. It is not that supernatural beings draw us to serve our flesh.

Ro 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Jesus wasn't denying influences of supernatural beings, he was denying his SINFUL NATURE, that was aroused through the punishment of corruption given to Adam.

Romans 5 speaks of something very significant, something that Gene, as well as others, have been trying to explain. We did not choose to be brought forth into this world of deterioration and death, bound to our bodies to serve, we were born into it. The OT makes it clear that man cannot choose himself perfection, it is impossible for man to follow the law, for according to his nature he is a slave to sin. As well, man does not choose God, but God chooses when to give His Spirit. God put forth first the natural then the spiritual.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Did Jesus choose God or did God choose Jesus. Do WE CHOOSE to be born of the Spirit, or does God give it according to His will? To say that in the end some will just not choose God, is to say that the power of death over the flesh is more powerful then God's Spirit over the mind of men. It is foolishness to say that the power of death, a creation of God to instruct mankind, is more powerful then God Himself?

1 Timothy 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach.

This is far from
    what people are teaching, and what a disgrace it is to YHWH.

God saves man, NOT man saves himself through God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Ho Jodi,
    Our bodies belong to the dust and never become one with God.
    They remain under the aegis of the god of this world
    He gets to destroy them.

Rom7
    13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Cor5
    4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,13:22)
    Ho Jodi,
    Our bodies belong to the dust and never become one with God.
    They remain under the aegis of the god of this world
    He gets to destroy them.

Rom7
    13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Cor5
    4In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Nick our bodies become incorruptible.

We are changed by the renewing of our mind not to serve our flesh. We need to be spiritually minded and not carnally minded. To be carnally minded is death. Our corrupted bodies draw our minds to follow our bodies. God's Spirit working in our mind helps us to overcome our weak flesh. When man is given an immortal BODY, a body that cannot deteriorate and die, there will no longer be a force drawing man away from God. Man's mind and BODY will be bound eternally to the life and love Of God.

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Flesh and blood does not lead men into the kingdom of God. God's Spirit leads men into the Kingdom of God.

Mt 16:17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Like I said before, God saves man, NOT man saves himself through God. The image of the man of dust is the image of an ignorant mind without the Spirit of God.The image of the man of heaven is the image of a man who's mind is filled with the Spirit of God.

51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed– 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.

Jesus is still a human being, the difference of course is that he is an immortal human being.

Luke 24:39 see my hands and my feet, that I am he; handle me and see, because a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me having.' 40 And having said this, he shewed to them the hands and the feet,

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

1 Corinthians 5:3 for I indeed, as being absent as to the body, and present as to the spirit, have already judged, as being present, him who so wrought this thing: 4 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ — ye being gathered together, also my spirit — with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 to deliver up such a one to the Adversary for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

What was Paul talking about, being absent as to the body? He was talking about how he crucified his flesh with Jesus, no longer being a slave anymore to his body of sin. To cut off your flesh and live for God is to make your mind absent from your body. Paul set to put to death the deeds of the flesh and live for the Spirit. We are present with God when our mind is set not on our flesh but on the things of His Spirit.

However, be aware of the adversary as Paul and John warned. Don't let those who go out to persecute you lead you back into the fear of death and disrupt your stance on God. Though the adversary can kill you it is of no matter, for we know through the resurrection of Christ that if we are kept in sound mind and remembrance of our own promise we will not succumb to the wiles of the devil/the persecution according the emperor of Rome and his messengers. Put on the whole armor of God so that in the day of persecution you will not give in.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI Jodi,
    Flesh cannot inherit the kingdom. It is corruptible.
    1Cor 15
    42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

The body of the Son of God did not see corruption but he was raised with the wounds visible.

Acts 2
    27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

The old damaged and cut body was viewed by many.
    Lk24
    39Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

But he is no longer flesh and blood and we follow him.
    Rev19
    11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2009,11:05)
    Hi Jodi,
    Was Jesus having a conversation with his carnal nature on top of the temple?

This is my understanding,

Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was led up to the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted by the Devil, 2 and having fasted forty days and forty nights, afterwards he did hunger. 3 And the Tempter having come to him said, `If Son thou art of God — speak that these stones may become loaves.' 4 But he answering said, `It hath been written, Not upon bread alone doth man live, but upon every word coming forth from the mouth of God.' 5 Then doth the Devil take him to the [holy] city, and doth set him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and saith to him, `If Son thou art of God — cast thyself down, for it hath been written, that, His messengers He shall charge concerning thee, and on hands they shall bear thee up, that thou mayest not dash on a stone thy foot.' 7 Jesus said to him again, `It hath been written, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.' 8 Again doth the Devil take him to a very high mount, and doth shew to him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them, 9 and saith to him, `All these to thee I will give, if falling down thou mayest bow to me.' 10 Then saith Jesus to him, `Go — Adversary, for it hath been written, The Lord thy God thou shalt bow to, and Him only thou shalt serve.' 11 Then doth the Devil leave him, and lo, messengers came and were ministering to him.

We are DIRECTLY told who the tempter is.

James 1:14 and each one is tempted, by his own desires being led away and enticed, 15 afterward the desire having conceived, doth give birth to sin, and the sin having been perfected, doth bring forth death.

After 40 days without food the TEMPTER came to Jesus. That tempter asked Jesus to have him make food. IMO when you add two and two together it does not take a genius to realize that it was Jesus' OWN DESIRE for food that was 'tempting' him to use the powers that God gave him for himself. Jesus was led to the temple according to his own desires. I believe we should put things into perspective. Jesus was just given great power by the Holy Spirit, and the first thing that God wanted him to do is go into the wilderness and fast for days. God knew that the 'tempter' the carnal nature of man, would come to Jesus tempting him to follow his own will.

When Jesus said, “15 There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man… 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, 22 thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within and defile a man,” I DID NOT REALIZE THAT THERE IS AN EXCEPTION TO THESE WORDS , obviously only according to the traditions of men.

THE TEMPTER WAS NOT FROM OUTSIDE OF JESUS. Thoughts of a carnal nature came into the mind of Jesus, but he quickly rebuked those thoughts.

Col 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

Jesus put off the sinful nature, not the influence of a supernatural evil being. Jesus did not allow the desires of his flesh to lead him to sin. Jesus said NO to following his sinful nature.

Ro 8:13 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,

Yes, according to the scriptures I believe that Jesus was being tempted in the wilderness by his carnal nature.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Corruptible flesh does not inherit the Kingdom, but incorruptible flesh DOES. Jesus was raised flesh and bone. Jesus BODY DID NOT SEE CORRUPTION. The body of Jesus was raised and given immortality. Jesus immortal human body, sits at the right hand of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    No doubt the body seen was tattered and torn.
    But
    Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 18 2009,13:03)
    Hi Nick,

Corruptible flesh does not inherit the Kingdom, but incorruptible flesh DOES. Jesus was raised flesh and bone. Jesus BODY DID NOT SEE CORRUPTION. The body of Jesus was raised and given immortality. Jesus immortal human body, sits at the right hand of God.

Hi Jodi:

Thanks for your hard work with the study of this topic, and from what I can see and understand, I believe that you are correct.

Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    So the human nature of Jesus took him to the top of the temple and discussed matters?
    Do you discuss matters with yourself then tell yourself to get behind you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Flesh is corruptible.
    We have corruptible flesh.

1Cor15
    49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We shall bear the image of the man from heraven.
    Who thinks we will have holes in our hands and our side?

He too had to have what is incorruptible put on over what is incorruptible so he could inherit.
    No matter that his original body was raised incorrupt flesh cannot inherit the kingdom.

We will be like to him

Participant

Hi Nick:

The scripture states that “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom”. Jesus shed his blood for us and was raised from the dead “flesh and bone”, as Jodi has stated, no blood.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 17 2009,18:38)
    Hi Jodi,
    So the human nature of Jesus took him to the top of the temple and discussed matters?
    Do you discuss matters with yourself then tell yourself to get behind you?

I constantly discuss matters with myself. I don't know a person who doesn't honestly. I guess now, maybe you.

Have I had moments in my life where I have had conversations with myself on what was right and what was wrong, being pulled away and tempted by an internal desire? Indeed yes, really who hasn't? It is almost a daily thing since I still dwell in a body of sin that has yet to be made perfect by God. Do I have to rebuke myself, my mind, my thoughts, my carnal nature on practically a daily basis, YES!

So Nick if you are asking me if my body tempts me, YES it does. If you are asking me if I THINK about right and wrong, well YES I most certainly do. If you are asking me if I have ever denied temptation, telling my carnal nature to stop and keep from sin, my answer is YES most certainly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jodi,
    Have you offered yourself the kingdoms of the world or suggested you throw yourself off the roof
    then rebuked yourself with scripture? Multiple personality disorder would have to be considered if so.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,081 through 2,100 (of 2,238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account