JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,981 through 19,000 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.…

This is a passage about predestination and the mastery is “how human being can receive the righteousness that is like God’s”. The answer is easy in hindsight. It is through faith in Jesus Christ from first to last.

The one who significantly misinterprets a passage cannot believe that passage.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The context this was given was to show that somethings are a mystery and so is Jesus Christ. People ask where was he in the Old Testament, but some things are not always revealed. Regardless, if you delve deeper, some say he is there. But there is no conclusive proof, just strong similarities that cannot be used as absolute support IMO, but certainly worthy of consideration and study. Some say he was the angel of the LORD or Messenger of the LORD. That he was the one in the burning bush and the one like the son of God in the fire that Daniel was placed inside.

Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astounded and stood up in haste; he said to his high officials, “Was it not three men we cast bound into the midst of the fire?” They replied to the king, “Certainly, O king.” He said, “Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!” Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the door of the furnace of blazing fire; he responded and said, “Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, come out, you servants of the Most High God, and come here!” Then Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego came out of the midst of the fire.…

There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up.

Manoah said to the angel of the LORD, “What is your name, so that when your words come to pass, we may honor you?” But the angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask my name, seeing it is wonderful?

kerwin
    Participant

T8,

I have heard that about the fiery furnace but always assumed the fourth man was an angel of God. It could be claimed that each and every angel that was encountered in the OT was the prexistent Christ but it is certainly not proof there is a preexistent Christ just as you say.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes, there are angels, and then there is a being called ‘THE angel of the LORD’ which appears quite a bit in the Old Testament, but not in the New Testament from what I can tell.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You weave a fanciful web.

The Spirit of Christ was there but not the infant child.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

“the angel” is used in the new testiment as well when one angel is being spoken of.

Examples:

Matthew 1:20Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Luke 1:13Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

Acts 5:19Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

Revelation 8:5Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

Additional comment.

At one point the the words “the angel” can be proved to be speaking of Gabriel.

Luke 1:18-19Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years. 19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.

Comment: People see those things they want to see but God provides the truth.

Participant

Hi t8:

You asked me to edit my last post to you, but I was getting off work, and so, I was unable to do it, but I said:

John 1 tells us that when God began to create he had a plan and all things were made by the last Adam who is “the express image of God’s person”.

And you said, that since the scripture did not state that God “made all things by the last Adam”, that I was assuming that the scripture meant that, and yes, I am because we know that the scripture states “that all things were made by him”, and we know that him refers to Jesus, and the scriptures state that he is “the last Adam”.

But you say that you believe that “the Word is Jesus”, and so, John 1 would be “in the beginning was the Word=Jesus, and the Word=Jesus was with God”, “the Word=Jesus was God”, and the “was” in the last part of the scripture is imperfect, and so it connotes “continuing to be”.

John 1:14 then would be and “the Word =Jesus=God was made flesh and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.

And so, is this what you believe?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

@942767,

1 Corinthians 15:45Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

What does Paul mean “it is written” that the last Adam was made a quickening spirit since it is not written unless the last Adam is the breath of God.

In Genesis 1 God planned for mankind to bear his image and likeness and in Genesis 2 he created Adam a living soul by forming Adam from the earth and then breathing the breath of life into his nostrils. The quickening spirit in the quickening spirit in the second chapter is the breath.

The Adam from above that is written of is the one created in the image and likeness of God. His creation is written of first but perhaps it occurs last.

Participant

Hi Kerwin:

What does Paul mean “it is written” that the last Adam was made a quickening spirit since it is not written unless the last Adam is the breath of God.

The “life giving spirit” is the Word of God that he obeyed without sin unto death on the cross.

He stated:

John 6:

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And so, yes, it is written through many scriptures.  The breath of God gave  life to the soul, the Word of God through Jesus Christ gives eternal life to the soul.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8

Jesus Christ was made a quickening spirit.

No longer a natural flesh man.

kerwin
    Participant

I can see that as Philo of Alexandria refereed to the image of God as being the Logos; which he in turn claim was the qualities of God.

I also know that beasts are also called living soul and man is superior to the beasts because he has been made in the image and likeness of God. Given that Genesis only speaks of how man was made like the beast it follows that he was created in the image of God either at the same time or afterwards. Paul appears to teach that it was afterwards.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Does not Ecclesiastes teach that the spirit of man goes upwards while those of the beasts go down into the earth?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Does not Ecclesiastes teach that the spirit of man goes upwards while those of the beasts go down into the earth?

No, it does not say that. It says “Who knows…” and then that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…..Kerwin is right, it asks the question, “who knows”, if one goes up and the other down.

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

carmel
    Participant

Should you be posting messages on behalf of God if you do not have the Spirit?

Luke 12 :12  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the SAME HOUR what you must say.

Luke17 :10:………….We are unprofitable servants; we have done that which we ought to do.

Yes the mariology deception has it’s advocates.

Nick, and All : “THE WORD”

Part two: The truth of who is “THE WORD”
    Or more accurate : God’s fundamental nature:

“LOVE” in THE SPIRIT OF THE SON!

“THE WORD” AN EMANATED SPIRIT FROM GOD THE FATHER!

Genesis 1:2 …………….. and the spirit of God moved over the waters.
    Matthew 14:25 And in the fourth watch of the night, HE came to them walking upon the sea.

So guided by heavenly light, The aim of these following long posts, is to discern more truth regarding this SPIRIT, which is hardly distinguished in scriptures, IN FACT IT IS HIDDEN, and to reveal more hidden truth of this most powerful and versatile spirit of God:

THE SPIRIT OF THE SON. The Son of man! John 6:27
    The actual flesh and blood body of:
    JESUS! “THE WORD” made flesh.

NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT it is emphatically DECLARED in :

Acts 2:36 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know most CERTAINLY, that God hath made both LORD and CHRIST,
    THIS SAME JESUS, whom you have crucified.

A CLEAR REFERENCE TO THE FLESH AND BLOOD BODY!

ALSO again in:

Philipians 2:10 That in the name of JESUS every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth: 11And that every tongue should confess that the
    LORD JESUS CHRIST is in the glory of GOD THE FATHER.

Equivalent to: THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. respectively.

All in “THE WORD” THE GODHEAD IN FULL GLORY IN A SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY.
    The Holy Trinity in full power all in

THE SPIRIT OF THE SON

The only MEDIATOR spirit between God and the entire creation.The ONLY abode of God. The HOUSE of the Father.
    Androgynous and in the same time MALE and FEMALE in

JESUS and MARY. The fact that they are both within humans, ONE in the MIND and ONE in the HEART respectively. In relation to “THE WORD” depicted in the phrase:

They are not two anymore, BUT TWO IN ONE FLESH of humans:
    THE MAN in God’s own TERMS!

The Soul: in the WATER of the brain. Through JESUS/Mary the male
    The Soul: in the BLOOD of the heart. Through MARY/Jesus the female

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, Jesus Christ:

Both of them incessantly BATTLING within us, in THE SPIRIT OF THE SON: against Satan’s entities of male, BLOOD, and female, FLESH.To transform and UNITE our soul with the SPIRIT, AND BECOME HUSBANDS. depicted in:

Luke 12: 51 Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but DIVISION. 52For there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided: three against two, and two against three………………………………

Not possible at THIS MOMENT IN TIME to clarify the above but THE HOUSE in this scripture is
    A REFERENCE TO THE DEAD FLESH AND BLOOD BODY OF HUMANS DOMINATED BY THE FIVE SATANIC PHYSICAL SENSES! BUT THROUGH JESUS’ DEATH, THE SPIRIT OF THE SON, “THE WORD” BY HIS NEW FLESH AND BLOOD, IN JESUS AND MARY HAS INITIATED THE DIVISION THROUGH ITS FIVE SPIRITUAL SENSES, WHICH WERE DEAD,TO TOPPLE SATANA’S OLD MAN SPIRIT AND ESTABLISH THE NEW MAN SPIRIT.

ALL IN/BY “THE WORD”
    FOR THE SAKE OF GOD’S MYSTERIES, REVEALED IN THIS TIME OF ENLIGHTEMENT TO MANY!

Now I only read this SPIRIT as such hereunder!

Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons, God HATH SENT the
    SPIRIT OF HIS SON
    into your HEART , CRYING: Abba, Father.

Also mentioned as “THE ENGRAFTED WORD” in

James 1:21 Wherefore casting away all uncleanness, and abundance of naughtiness, with meekness RECEIVE THE ENGRAFTED WORD, which is able to SAVE your SOULS.

It is also mentioned in scriptures simply as THE SPIRIT, and THE SON OF MAN,

Romans 8: 11 And if the SPIRIT of him( OF THE SON “THE WORD”) that raised up Jesus ( FLESH BODY) from the dead, DWELL IN YOU; he ( THE SPIRIT OF THE SON, “THE WORD”) that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead, shall QUICKEN also your MORTAL bodies, because of his SPIRIT( THE SPIRIT OF THE SON, “THE WORD” MALE AND FEMALE in JESUS/MARY mind and heart) that dwelleth in you.

EVEN WHILE STILL LIVING ON EARTH! Like Enoch and Elijah did.

THE FACT THAT JESUS RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD IN A FLESH BODY ONLY WITHOUT HIS SOUL, AND PROVED THAT HIS BODY HAS LIFE IN ITSELF, WHILE HIS SOUL, THE HOLY GHOST WAS STILL IN HELL IN JESUS’ FLESH BODY PREACHING THE GOSPEL! Moses’ bush in fire and not consumed!

THE FACT THAT’S ALL BY HIM…..God made use of ONLY ONE SPIRIT to achieve his kingdom, the fact that it is the kingdom of His Son, with THE SPIRIT OF THE SON empowered as “THE WORD” JESUS, THE ONLY MEDIATOR SPIRIT BETWEEN GOD AND THE ENTIRE CREATION.

AND IN:

Luke 21:36 Watch ye, therefore, praying at all times, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are to come, and to stand before THE SON OF MAN. OUR MODEL!

The SPIRIT OF THE SON, Both male and female!
    The fact that a speck of this MEDIATOR spirit is attached both in our heart, related to

MARY, THE FEMALE ASPECT OF “THE WORD” and in our mind related to
    JESUS THE MALE ASPECT OF “ THE WORD”

Now to KEEP YOU IN MIND as it is mentioned in the first post,The Spirit of the Son,  “THE WORD” is a TWO entity Spirit, in JESUS and MARY, as much as it is a TWO spirit entity, ONE in Mary’s soul, and ONE in Jesus’ flesh body.

Now all the above scriptures are references to:
    THE POURING OUT OF GOD’S SPIRIT, mentioned in Joel 2:28.

But let’s leave the above scriptures for a while and by reading, and reflecting Jesus’ own words in John 14 FROM NOW ON accordingly, I ASSURE you that it would be sufficient to discern all, regarding Jesus’own Spirit, THE SPIRIT OF THE SON who was in the bosom of the Father,and left the Father empowered as “THE WORD” from the very first ever beginning, which became FLESH, JESUS’ BODY, and manifested the full power of THE DEITY on earth, BOTH when He was born as SON OF MAN, and SON OF GOD in flesh, proclaimed God’s word, manifested God’s power, offered Himself as a sacrifice, poured His blood on earth, died on the cross, redeemed all, and also after He resurrected, glorified and integrated as ONE MOST POWERFUL SPIRIT with the Holy Ghost, HIS SOUL, and walked on earth for forty days as GODMAN before He went to the Father as

GOD IN SPIRITUAL FLESH! GOD OF ALL FLESH!

THE HOLY TRINITY AS A UNIQUE DIVINE SUBSTANCE; Satan’s ambition to be like the most high.

Both MALE and FEMALE
    Both HEAVEN and EARTH, IN HIS PRESENCE,

GOD’S KINGDOM

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

Now to:John 14

But all that in the following posts as the case may be.

Peace and love in Jesus/Mary

Charles

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi C,

Your teachings are your own.

They do not align with what God has taught.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever.

Now the Lord is the Spirit.

The second Adam became a life giving Spirit.

The spiritual is the essence.

The Spirit spoke through the man Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I hope Nick realizes his memory failed him but I do not expect him to acknowledge a weakness as doing so is rare among humanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

I can be quite good at forgetting.

What did I forget?

Participant

Hi KW:

I can see that as Philo of Alexandria refereed to the image of God as being the Logos; which he in turn claim was the qualities of God.

I also know that beasts are also called living soul and man is superior to the beasts because he has been made in the image and likeness of God. Given that Genesis only speaks of how man was made like the beast it follows that he was created in the image of God either at the same time or afterwards. Paul appears to teach that it was afterwards

Well, yes, it is through his Logos or Word that God has made his character known to man, and so, Jesus stated that “he who has seen me has seen the Father”, and the scriptures state “that he is the express image of God’s person.

When God created Adam and Eve, they were in His image, as living souls, or persons, as the scriptures state that When God breathed the breathe of life into him, he became a living soul, but they were in innocence at that point having done neither good or evil, and so, when God states “let us make man in our image”, it could imply “a work in progress”, and I do believe that the scriptures bear this out.  God has seen the end results from the beginning.  A person is defined by the life that he lives.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 18,981 through 19,000 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account