JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,641 through 17,660 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,15:40)
    ed

the Holy Spirit

a person has emotion, awareness,can speak etc.

HS can speak according to the bible

Acts 13:2, “And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

He is a creator
    Job 33:4 (NIV)

4 The Spirit of God has made me;

the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

therefore, he is God.

Hi Jammin,

The HolySpirit is God, not a separate person from God.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

The HolySpirit is God, not a separate person from God.

EDJ,

WRONG:

HE IS BOTH!

AND HE MAKES USE OF IT AS HE FEELS FIT!

AND NEVER LOOSES ANY STATE OF THE DEITY WHILE HE IS IN A DIFFERENT STATE!

EVEN WHEN HE WAS IN THE FORM OF A PIGEON

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2014,15:55)

ed

the Holy Spirit

Acts 13:2, “And while they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”

He is a creator

therefore, he is God.

Hi Jammin,

The HolySpirit is God…]

i know he is God. you do not have to say that to me.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 27 2014,00:35)

Quote (Ed J @ June 26 2014,15:55)

ed

the Holy Spirit

He is a creator

therefore, he is God.

Hi Jammin,

The HolySpirit is God…]

i know he is God. you do not have to say that to me.

Hi Jammin,

I also said:

The HolySpirit is not a separate person from God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,15:31)
    if Christ is not really God by nature,he should have told to the jews “no”! i am not God. you are wrong! but Christ never told that to the jews. the apostles know he is God by nature, john 1.1 phil 2.6 john 20.28

better luck next time boy hahahah

Jammin………. Why callest me GOOD there is none good but “ONE” and that is GOD, and again Jesus CLEARLY SAID, FOR “YOU” ARE THE “ONLY” TRUE GOD. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORD “YOU” means  AND THE WORD “ONLY” means?

Fact it Jammin you profess Jesus as being a GOD but you completely denie his very own words. Now if you are truly of the truth, check out and se eif Jesus said what i posted or not, and come back and tell us how you get around his words again OK.

peace and love to you and yours………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,10:21)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 26 2014,12:22)

Quote (Ed J @ June 25 2014,15:27)

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,07:09)
    i do not believe there are two Gods. i believe there are three persons but one in nature, God.

Hi Jammin,

Who's this third “Person” you speak of?

Good question, Ed.  Trinitarians always tell us that the Word (Jesus) was with THE FATHER in the beginning.  (John 1:1)  But I wonder how they KNOW it was THE FATHER.  It just says “God”.  So why couldn't it be talking about their THIRD GOD, the Holy Spirit?

And when it says Jesus sits at the right hand of “God” – how do they know that one is THE FATHER?  Couldn't Jesus be sitting at the right hand of “the Holy Spirit God”?

Yeah….. they don't talk too much about their third God.  He must be a kind of “silent partner” or something.  :)

we never say third God.we say three persons but one in nature, God.

and i will tell this to you again. you and your father are two persons but one in nature, HUMAN. you will agree if you believe you are HUMAN in nature, unless you are an animal. hahaha

Jammin,

Since what you say in Scripture then perhaps you should make one that has that written in it.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,10:22)

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2014,07:23)

Quote (jammin @ June 26 2014,02:13)

Quote (kerwin @ June 24 2014,05:04)

Quote (jammin @ June 23 2014,22:45)

Quote (terraricca @ June 23 2014,16:24)

Quote (jammin @ June 23 2014,09:28)
    t

i understand if you CANT answer my questions. just go to your backyard and plant some potatoes. maybe in that way you will be able to help your country

Jammy

you have been answered 100th times by me,Mike,kerwin and others ,

you are so ridiculously blind that after so many time we have answered you still ask for the same question(s)

i really think you would do better if you start planting potatoes,in someone else   yard ,and argue with them why you plant in their yard and not yours,

can you post here again the answer of kerwin and mike and others about my questions?

ill repeat my questions

is the president all powerful? yes or no?
    are you all powerful? yes or no?

if both answers are no, do you accept that you and the president are EQUAL in essence?

Jammin,

We have already covered that and gone beyond it in our conversation as you have now made clear that the nature you believe Jesus is essentially equal to God in is God's nature of being all powerful.  The flaw in your reason is that Jesus is not all powerful.  Mike also has made the same point and you have failed to address it.  

In my case Jesus was appointed as Lord of everything in heaven and on earth.  God appointed him and Jesus cannot appoint another to his position therefore God is superior in power.

so therefore you agree that the president is not all powerful and you are not all powerful as well. correct?
    you both have the same nature/essence, correct?

therefore, if Christ is equal with God in essence, he is all powerful just like his father. they are both God in nature. the bible said Who, being in very nature[a] God,

no human has the nature of God and EQUAL WITH GOD in essence. make your own bible boy. hahaha

Jammin,

The whole idea of being born of the Holy Spirit is that when a person is fully mature they exist in the essence of God.  

Jesus is not all powerful.

make your own bible and put there that MAN is equal with God in essence and has the nature of GOd. hahah

Jammin,

I do not need to make it. I just need to comprehend English. Willful ignorance is no excuse before God.

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God; which they concluded very rightly, from his saying, John 10:30, that God was his Father, and that he and his Father were one; that is, in nature and essence, and therefore he must be God;

Gill should know that one is a synonym of union just as it is when it is written:

Matthew 19:5
    NET Bible

and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Being deceived and deceiving others Gill makes an unsound argument for Gill should know that both Jesus and God are part of the unity of the Spirit for it is written:

Ephesians 4:3-6
    New English Translation (NET)

3 making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you too were called to the one hope of your calling, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

You have been warned so it is on you whether you heed the trumpet or not.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,June wrote:

[/quote]

The Jews are follow strict monotheism and not trinitarianism in any of its forms.  If you go by the teaching of the Jews then Jesus Christ is a human being who has been given authority over all things in heaven and on earth but is still subject to God.

Kerwin,

TRINITARIANISM DOES NOT CANCEL OUT IN ANY WAY MONOTHEISM!

THE FACT THAT THE JEWS BELIEVED IN ONE GOD, DOES NOT CANCEL OUT WHAT KIND OF ONESS, SINCE SCRIPTURE PRODUCED THIS REGARDING GOD!

Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord

The word “God” HERE  is Elohim. It says, “The LORD our Elohim is one LORD.” This phrase is not normally grammatically correct—a plural noun [Elohim] with a singular verb, “is.” Elohim is the plural of both El and Eloah. El and Eloah mean “mighty One,” “strong One,” or “powerful One” according to Brown, Driver, and Briggs. Elohim, being either of these two words in the plural, therefore means “strong Ones,” “mighty Ones,” or “powerful Ones.”

MORE ON THIS TO FOLLOW!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Kerwin

I KNOW you hate my manifestos BUT I'M DOING THIS FOR THE SAKE OF THE TRUTH!

SO SHOW ME WHERE MY LIES ARE!

THE TRINITY CONCEPT IS THROUGHOUT THE OT FOR ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO SEE IT, AND ACCEPT IT!

BUT SINCE HUMANS WERE SPIRITUALLY DEAD, AND THE WAR WAS:

BETWEEN THE INVISIBLE GOD, SPIRIT,AND THE VISIBLE god! MATTER!

GOD’S JUSTLY AND PRINCIPLEWISE PROCESS WAS THROUGH THE WORD REGARDING REDEMPTION,  HIDDEN UNKNOWN IN THE PROCESS OF CREATION!

Matthew 13:44The kingdom of heaven is like unto a treasure hidden in a field. Which a man having found, hid it, and for joy thereof goeth, and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ June 27 2014,00:38)

kerwin,June wrote:

[/quote]

The Jews are follow strict monotheism and not trinitarianism in any of its forms.  If you go by the teaching of the Jews then Jesus Christ is a human being who has been given authority over all things in heaven and on earth but is still subject to God.

Kerwin,

TRINITARIANISM DOES NOT CANCEL OUT IN ANY WAY MONOTHEISM!

THE FACT THAT THE JEWS BELIEVED IN ONE GOD, DOES NOT CANCEL OUT WHAT KIND OF ONESS, SINCE SCRIPTURE PRODUCED THIS REGARDING GOD!

The word “God” HERE  is Elohim. It says, “The LORD our Elohim is one LORD.” This phrase is not normally grammatically correct—a plural noun [Elohim] with a singular verb, “is.” Elohim is the plural of both El and Eloah. El and Eloah mean “mighty One,” “strong One,” or “powerful One” according to Brown, Driver, and Briggs. Elohim, being either of these two words in the plural, therefore means “strong Ones,” “mighty Ones,” or “powerful Ones.”

MORE ON THIS TO FOLLOW!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel,

I realize elohim means powers and it is a way to one true God is all powerful. Scripture also calls the chief God of other nations elohim for example.

1 Kings 11:33
    New English Translation (NET Bible)

33 I am taking the kingdom from him because they have abandoned me and worshiped the Sidonian goddess Astarte, the Moabite god Chemosh, and the Ammonite god Milcom. They have not followed my instructions by doing what I approve and obeying my rules and regulations, like Solomon’s father David did.

The three mentions of goddess/god are all elohim. These unbelieving nation held that their chosen god was the most powerful God. None of them held that they were three persons in one God. That is more of a Hindu/Buddhist hearsay.

The Hebrew people to this day a strict monotheist who believe that God is one person not three. The Hebrew language still uses the plural elohim as a singular in certain cases.

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

The trinitarian tenet is not taught in Scripture.  It is based on misunderstood passages and speculative teach used to tie them together and smooth it down as much as possible so it is more easy to swallow.

Any person who stops to consider it should have an alarm bell go off as soon as they hear Jesus was tempted by Satan for God cannot be tempted by evil.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,22:18)
    therefore all spirit beings are equal with God in essence if i will  FOLLOW YOUR argument. give me a version that says angels and evil spirits are equal with God in essence

John 4:24
    God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.

Hebrews 1:14
    Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

God is a spirit being, and angels are spirit beings.  God and His angels have the same spirit essence.

Also, don't lose sight of the fact that the only reason we are even discussing this is because Phil 2:6 says Jesus was existing in the FORM (outward appearance) of God – but you and your Trinitarian friends have decided amongst yourselves that “form” really means “nature/essence”.

Were you to leave the word FORM as it is, we wouldn't even be talking about this nonsense.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,22:21)
    we never say third God.we say three persons but one in nature, God.

I know……. because you very rarely talk about God #3 at all. Don't you feel a little bad that you spend so much time talking about God #1 and God #2 – and just basically IGNORE God #3 completely?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,22:31)
    there is no problem because the father is all powerful and so his son.

Yet there IS a problem, because I keep showing you SCRIPTURES that make it clear Jesus ISN'T Almighty – yet you keep claiming he is anyway.

Quote (jammin @ June 25 2014,22:31)
    if Christ is not really God by nature,he should have told to the jews “no”! i am not God. you are wrong! but Christ never told that to the jews.

Why would Christ have to tell them something he never even claimed in the first place?  ???

But if you have doubts, just take a look at how Jesus DID answer them.

1.  The Jews didn't claim Jesus was making himself out to be “God”.  That is a flawed translation.  Instead, they claimed he was making himself out to be a god – by claiming to be the literal Son of God.

2.  Jesus answered by reminding them that God Himself called other, lesser ones than he “gods” in scripture.  And then asked, “If He called THESE ONES gods, why not the one He set apart as His very own and sent into the world?”

3.  Then, Jesus concluded by saying it was NOT blasphemy for him to say he was God's SON.  (Get it?  Not “God Himself”, but God's SON.)

jammin, are you ready to talk about Acts 4 yet?  Or are you still too scared?  Which one?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2014,12:06)
    Jammin,

Since what you say isn't in Scripture, then perhaps you should make one that has that written in it.

Oh no he didn't! :)

jammin, did Kerwin just throw the old “Make your own Bible” thing right back at you? :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ June 26 2014,12:21)
    Jammin,

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God; which they concluded very rightly, from his saying, John 10:30, that God was his Father, and that he and his Father were one; that is, in nature and essence, and therefore he must be God;

Gill should know that one is a synonym of union just as it is when it is written:

Matthew 19:5
    NET Bible

and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be united with his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

Being deceived and deceiving others Gill makes an unsound argument for Gill should know that both Jesus and God are part of the unity of the Spirit for it is written:

Ephesians 4:3-6
    New English Translation (NET)

3 making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you too were called to the one hope of your calling, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

You have been warned so it is on you whether you heed the trumpet or not.

Well done, Kerwin.

Way to answer with scripture. :) Good post.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ June 26 2014,12:38)

MORE ON THIS TO FOLLOW!

Charles,

The Hebrew language uses what used to be called a “plural of majesty”, but is now more commonly called a “plural of intensity”.

The Hebrew word for “God” is not the only word they pluralize for intensity.  They do it with a lot of words.

Also, Jehovah is not the only God who is called by the plural “elohim” title.

1 Kings 11:33
    …….they have forsaken me and worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Molech the god of the Ammonites…….

All three of these gods of the nations who are listed above are called by the plural title “elohim”.  Take note that not one of them is a god who made up of three persons in one godhead.

So the fact that the Trinitarians even try to use the plural elohim thing to promote Jehovah as three persons in one Godhead is ludicrous.

Also note that the plural word “elohim” can refer to one of two things:

1.  More than one god.

2.  A very mighty god.

There is no way the plural word “elohim” could EVER refer to more than one person IN a single godhead. It either means “mighty god”, or “gods”. Nothing else.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Oops. I see Kerwin beat me to the punch with 1 Kings 11:33.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So then it’s settled……….. Jesus is the Word mentioned in John 1:1, 14. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 17,641 through 17,660 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account