JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,421 through 16,440 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If you are not among the US you may wish to discuss this with other polytheists.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ April 03 2014,06:04)

Wakeup,April wrote:

[/quote]

The Holy spirit is not a soul.

Wakeup,

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER!

THE FATHER ABIDES ONLY WITHIN THE HOLY SPIRIT!

THEREFORE JESUS' SOUL IS FOR SURE THE HOLY SPIRIT, SINCE THE FATHER ABIDED IN JESUS!

ALSO ALL SPIRITS WHICH ARE USED BY THE FATHER, FOR HIS PERSONAL USE ARE HOLY SPIRITS, AND REMAIN HOLY SPIRITS!

JESUS'S SPIRIT, THE SON, THE WORD IS ALSO A HOLY SPIRIT!

THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS JESUS'SOUL FOR SURE SINCE IT ENTERED MARY, AND CONCEIVED, IN OUR TERMS ONLY,

MARY!

MORE SPAGHETTI FOR YOU TO CHEW!

OUR SOUL BUILT OUR BODY, DO YOU KNOW THAT

OUR SOUL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN BODY!

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE

EX EVIL SPIRIT,

ENTERS THROUGH THE SPERM IN OUR MOTHER'S WOMB AND CONCEIVE OUR MOTHER'S OVUM!

NOW WITHIN OUR SOUL, ABIDES THE WORD IT'S BEEN THERE BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!REV 13:8

FOR US THESE THINGS ARE NOT VISIBLE, AND SCIENCE COULD ONLY SEE THE EFFECT THROUGH THE VISIBLE STUFF!

(into thy hands I commend my spirit).

Wakeup,

tell me now:

WHERE JESUS' SPIRIT WAS?

THE ANSWER IS IN THIS POST, SO READ AND REFLECT!

Every person has not the Holy spirit,but his own soul.

THANK YOU! THAT IS CHILDISH!

WE ALL ARE EX LUCIFER'S ANGELS SUBSTANCE!

WE ALL ARE DEAD CREATURES YET! SPIRITUALLY!

WE ALL ARE SINFUL CREATURES!

WE COME BACK TO LIFE WHEN OUR BODY DIES,

THE FIRST RESURRECTION OF THE SOUL! GOD'S INTERESTS, WHAT JESUS DIED FOR!

AND ONLY IF WE LIVE ACCORDING TO THE GOSPEL!

SO DON'T COMPARE JESUS WITH US!

HE WAS THROUGHOUT FROM HEAVEN, HE HAS NOTHING OF EARTH!

WE ARE FROM HELL!

ALSO:

AGAIN,HERE'S MORE SPAGHETTI FOR YOU!

THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS ALSO MARY'S SPIRIT!

THAT MEANS THAT THE FATHER EMANATED A SPIRIT AND GAVE IT TO MARY WITHIN HER SOUL,
    AND HER SOUL WAS THE WORDWHICH ENTERED IN HER MOTHER'S WOMB!

SO MARY'S SOUL WAS THE WORD

NOW UNLESS YOU PROVE AND CONTRADICT ME, WORD BY WORD,

NOT NONSENSE SPAGHETTI!

MY POST STANDS!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE
    EX EVIL SPIRIT,

This is some more Spaghetti.

Some more spaghetti. Are you Mormon?

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE
    EX EVIL SPIRIT,
    NOW WITHIN OUR SOUL, ABIDES THE WORD IT'S BEEN THERE BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD!REV 13:8

All spaghetti.

The Word was not given to every gentile.
    Such as hindus,krishnas.
    Adam and Noah were not ex lucifer.
    Adam was in the garden, and so was lucifer,the serpent.
    Unless you teach that the serpent was not lucifer.
    Lucifer is the light. **IS THAT IT**??

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Charles words are sure evidence that a little bit of scripture and a whole lot of speculation spawns nothing useful.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,April wrote:

[/quote]

As long as you keep saying “God NEEDED”, I will disagree with you.  God didn't, doesn't, and never will “NEED” anyone or anything.

You do realize that your own words prove that the “mediator” is not “God Himself”, right?

Also, how did that mediator come to be?  If the mediator is not “God Himself”, then the mediator had a beginning at some point, right?  

Mike,

FEW PAGES BACK,I GAVE DETAIL REGARDING ALL WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, BUT YOU IGNORED IT ALL

SO HERE IT IS AGAIN!

SINCE GOD WAS IN NEED OF A MEDIATOR, AND GOD DOESN'T NEED ANY BODY, APART FROM HIMSELF, AND  CREATION WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT A MEDIATOR,

BOTH AS A SPIRIT USED IN CREATION THE WORD

AND AS MAN TO REDEEM CREATION   THE WORD MADE FLESH

THEREFORE THAT MEDIATOR IS HIMSELF AS THE WORD!

AS SCRIPTURE SAYS: MEDIATOR IS NOT OF ONE,

GALATIANS 3:20 Now a mediator is not of one: but God is one.

BUT GOD IS ONE

THEREFORE SINCE GOD NEEDED A MEDIATOR , AND GOD IS ONE, GOD IS THAT SAME MEDIATOR

,BUT AS THE WORD

I EXPLAINED THE FUNCTION OF GOD AS THE WORD

I SAID THAT THE SON'S SPIRIT, WITHIN HIMSELF CONTAINED THE FATHER'S SPIRIT,

ALSO BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON THERE WAS THE HOLY SPIRIT!

IN THIS FUNCTION THE SON'S SPIRIT IS ATTACHED TO ALL CREATURES!

IT IS ALSO STRENGTHENED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND THE FATHER WITHIN THE HOLY SPIRIT, CREATES

NOW SINCE THE SON OCCUPIED THE LEADING ROLE, THEREFORE REPLACED THE PREVIOUS ROLE BY THE FATHER,BEFORE ANY THING WAS CREATED,

IT IS SIMPLY NAMED THE WORD TO INDICATE THE CHANGE IN THE POSITION WITHIN THE DEITY, TILL BOTH ALL CREATION AND REDEMPTION ARE ACHIEVED, SINCE IT IS A MATERIAL CREATION WHICH OBVIOUS WAS OF THE ENEMIES OF GOD!

THEREFORE ONLY THROUGH A MEDIATOR, GOD HIMSELF IN THE FUNCTION OF

THE WORD COULD DO IT!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ April 03 2014,11:56)

Quote (carmel @ April 03 2014,06:04)

Quote (Wakeup @ April 03 2014,02:19)

The Holy spirit is not a soul.

Wakeup,

THE HOLY SPIRIT IS A SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER!

THE FATHER ABIDES ONLY WITHIN THE HOLY SPIRIT!

THEREFORE JESUS' SOUL IS FOR SURE THE HOLY SPIRIT, SINCE THE FATHER ABIDED IN JESUS!

ALSO ALL SPIRITS WHICH ARE USED BY THE FATHER, FOR HIS PERSONAL USE ARE HOLY SPIRITS, AND REMAIN HOLY SPIRITS!

JESUS'S SPIRIT, THE SON, THE WORD IS ALSO A HOLY SPIRIT!

THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS JESUS'SOUL FOR SURE SINCE IT ENTERED MARY, AND CONCEIVED, IN OUR TERMS ONLY,

MARY!

MORE SPAGHETTI FOR YOU TO CHEW!

OUR SOUL BUILT OUR BODY, DO YOU KNOW THAT

OUR SOUL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR OWN BODY!

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE

EX EVIL SPIRIT,

FOR US THESE THINGS ARE NOT VISIBLE, AND SCIENCE COULD ONLY SEE THE EFFECT THROUGH THE VISIBLE STUFF!

(into thy hands I commend my spirit).

Wakeup,

tell me now:

WHERE JESUS' SPIRIT WAS?

THE ANSWER IS IN THIS POST, SO READ AND REFLECT!

Every person has not the Holy spirit,but his own soul.

THANK YOU! THAT IS CHILDISH!

WE ALL ARE DEAD CREATURES YET! SPIRITUALLY!

WE ALL ARE SINFUL CREATURES!

WE COME BACK TO LIFE WHEN OUR BODY DIES,

THE FIRST RESURRECTION OF THE SOUL! GOD'S INTERESTS, WHAT JESUS DIED FOR!

AND ONLY IF WE LIVE ACCORDING TO THE GOSPEL!

SO DON'T COMPARE JESUS WITH US!

HE WAS THROUGHOUT FROM HEAVEN, HE HAS NOTHING OF EARTH!

WE ARE FROM HELL!

ALSO:

AGAIN,HERE'S MORE SPAGHETTI FOR YOU!

THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS ALSO MARY'S SPIRIT!

THAT MEANS THAT THE FATHER EMANATED A SPIRIT AND GAVE IT TO MARY WITHIN HER SOUL,
    AND HER SOUL WAS THE WORDWHICH ENTERED IN HER MOTHER'S WOMB!

SO MARY'S SOUL WAS THE WORD

NOW UNLESS YOU PROVE AND CONTRADICT ME, WORD BY WORD,

NOT NONSENSE SPAGHETTI!

MY POST STANDS!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel.

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE
    EX EVIL SPIRIT,

This is some more Spaghetti.

Some more spaghetti. Are you Mormon?

OUR SOUL THROUGH NATURE
    EX EVIL SPIRIT,

All spaghetti.

Such as hindus,krishnas.
    Lucifer is the light.    **IS THAT IT**??

wakeup.

Such as hindus,krishnas.

Wakeup,

MORE SPAGHETTI FOR YOU:

YOU SAID:The Word was not given to every gentile.

CHILDISH AND THE POOREST OF ALL CONCLUSIONS I EVER HEARD REGARDING THE WORD

ALL WAS CREATED BY, IN ,AND FOR THE WORD

THEREFORE NOT EVEN THE LEAST OF THE LEAST WORM IS WITHOUT THE WORD!

ALSO ALL ARE SUSTAINED WITH THE WORD!

ALSO ALL ARE REDEEMED BY THE WORD

Peace and love in Jeuss THE EX WORD

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Wakeup,April wrote:

[/quote]

Lucifer is the light.    **IS THAT IT**??

Wakeup,

GET THIS INTO YOUR MIND:

THAT ALL MATTER IS EX LUCIFER NO MATTER WHO WITH THE EXCEPTION OF JESUS WHO WAS ALL THROUGHOUT FROM HEAVEN OBVIOUS OTHERWISE HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE REDEEMER! SINCE THERE WAS A RANSOM TO BE PAID, DEFINITELY NOTHING OF SATAN'S WORLD!

SO

ADAM WAS ONE OF LUCIFER'S SPIRIT WHICH GOD TRANSFORMED HIM THROUGH NATURE INTO THE FIRST LIVING SOUL!

THE SERPENT IS ANOTHER SPIRIT OF LUCIFER, WHICH GOD ESTABLISHED HIM AS SATAN, THE EVIL SPIRIT WHICH ORIGINALLY WAS PART OF THE TRIUNE SPIRIT AS LUCIFER THE FIRST ANGEL EVER CREATED!

THE THIRD SPIRIT WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY PART OF LUCIFER, GOD TRANSFORMED HIM INTO MATTER!

SATAN'S KINGDOM IS HELL AND HIS DEMONS!EVIL SPIRITS!  THE WORST!

ADAM'S KINGDOM IS THE SOUL !  GOD'S INTERMEDIATE SPIRIT  THE ABODE OF THE WORD

LUCIFER'S KINGDOM IS THE WORLD, MATTER!

WHICH AS SOON AS ADAM THE SOUL SINNED, BECAME LOCKED IN THE EX LUCIFER SUBSTANCE THE MATTER  FLESH

SATAN WHO WAS IN THE SERPENT ENTERED WITHIN ADAM'S SOUL, THEREFORE THE SOUL DIED SPIRITUALLY!

ADAM BECAME WORLDLY DEAD MATTER, SINCE SATAN OCCUPIED HIS SOUL DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE USED HIS ASSET SIN, AND THROUGH SIN UNFORTUNATELY ALSO DEATH IN ORDER TO LEAVE LUCIFER'S WORLDLY MATTER AND GO THE SATAN'S KINGDOM HELL

SO AS YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THESE SPAGHETTI

YOU ARE AWARE THAT THE FIRST TRIUNE SPIRIT LUCIFER IS:

THE SPIRIT OF HELL     SATAN

THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD   MATTER   LUCIFER

THE SOUL WHICH NOW IS OWNED BY THE WORD FROM THE CROSS!

BEFORE REDEMPTION IT WAS ALSO OWNED BY SATAN!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 03 2014,09:29)

Quote (jammin @ April 02 2014,07:52)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2014,11:33)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 31 2014,06:20)
    i did not say that jesus was not God on earth.

Of course you did, jammin.

You told me that God doesn't have any limitations, and that anyone who DOES have limitations is not God.

Then you told me that Jesus DID have limitations on earth.

So all I have to do is add the things YOU SAID together to come up with a conclusion that Jesus was NOT God on earth.

See?  YOU are the one who told me this with your own words.  Thanks.  :)

do you understand english?

i said i am referring to the HUMAN nature of Christ.
    do you understand that? i think you need a doctor and ask what is the best vitamin for your brain.

I guess I'm not seeing your point, jammin.

If Jesus had human nature while he was on earth, then Jesus had limitations while he was on earth, right?  

And what did YOU tell me about limitations?  Didn't YOU tell me that if one has limitations, that one is not God?

You can't say that Jesus was God on earth AND ALSO had limitations because of his flesh nature, right?

Because if he truly was God on earth, then there would be no limitations, right?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.  Please try again.

ok let me make this very simple for you to understand.

jesus has the nature of MAN and nature of God while he was on earth.

so if your question is about LIMITATIONS of christ, it refers to the human nature. because christ became like us and that is why HE HAD LIMITATIONS.

HUMAN has limitations.

BUT if your question is about the nature of God, Christ is all knowing, all powerful, unique, etc

all knowing

mat 9.4
    4 But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, “Why do you think evil in your hearts?

all mighty

Revelation 1:8 (NKJV)
    8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

he is equal with God
    Philippians 2:6 says that Jesus was in the “form of God”, and that he thought it not robbery to be “equal with God”!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……..if you did and intent study on those scriptures in Phi 2:6, you would find it should read this way, Jesus who existed with the Nature of God thought not to rob God to makes himself equal with him. Jesus could have very easily did that, How by taking credit for the Miracles the were done through him as if they were coming from Him.

Here is a good example of this , remember when Jesus told Martha Lazarus's  sister, Joh 11:40..Said i not unto you, if you would believe, you should see the glory of God Now Jammin notice the last part of  verse 42 , ……> I said it, that they may believe you have sent me.

Question, why did Jesus say that?, answer, because it could easily have appeared that Jesus was taking the place of God to Martha and the others around when he said the would see the GLORY OF GOD, that is why he clarified it to God the Father, Had he not it would appear as if he were trying to be “EQUAL” with God and himself doing the Miracle of raising Lazarus back to life, as you falsely Preach.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Jammin,

really?? do you mean JOHN was lying when he told that Christ is the Word of God? was john lying when he said that the Word of God is a title of Christ?

you have to make your own version to support your doctrine.

Scripture is not broken but you teaching is.  John spoke in symbolism to say that in the future there is a man on a white horse that was called Faithful and True and is called by the  name of the word of God.  John did not say that in the beginning there was a man that was called the word of God while you do. In doing so you add to what is written.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 02 2014,18:25)
    Hi MB,
    As scripture says others are CALLED gods.
    But for us there is ONE GOD, the Father

It was Jehovah Himself who foretold that Jesus would be called a mighty god, Nick.

And it was Jehovah Himself who later called him “O God”, right?

Why do you suppose Jehovah would do such a thing, if Jesus wasn't a god?

For kicks?

I just read one of your posts in a different thread, where you spoke about “the god of this world”.  I noticed you didn't call him, “the one who is CALLED the god of this world”.

Why?  Because USUALLY, when someone is CALLED something, it is because that someone IS that thing.  Do you agree?

It doesn't really matter, Nick.  You and Wakeup have both shown yourselves to be masters at running away from my points – because you can't figure out a way to explain why Jehovah would call Jesus “O God”,  if Jesus ISN'T really a god.

And you'll never find a way to explain it, which is why you run from the questions.

Keep on running if you want….. but you are only running from the scriptural TRUTH of the matter.

Sometimes, the thoughts that have been “grandfathered in” from men are hard to forget – even when clear scriptures are staring you in the face and telling you that those things aren't true.

As Professor Jason BeDuhn put it, when discussing how the NWT's “and the Word was a god” was the best of the nine English translations he compared against each other:

“Surprisingly, only one, the NWT, adheres to the literal meaning of the Greek, and translates ‘a god’.  Translators for the KJV, NRSV, NIV, NAB, NASB, AB, TEV, and LB all approached the text at John 1:1 already believing certain things about the Word, and made sure that the translations came out in accordance with their beliefs.”

Professor BeDuhn summed up by saying:

“It can be said that the NWT emerges as the most accurate of the [nine] translations compared.  The translators managed to produce works relatively more accurate and less biased than the translations produced by multi-denominational teams, as well as those produce by single individuals.”

And concerning the other 8 translations in his study, he said:

“To me, it expresses a lack of courage, a fear that the Bible does not back up their ‘truth’ enough.  

To let the Bible have its say, regardless of how well or poorly that say conforms to expectations of accepted forms of modern Christianity is an exercise in courage or, to use another word for it, faith.”

That's all I'm trying to do, Nick.  I'm trying to let the Bible have its say, regardless of how well or poorly that say conforms to your expectations, or the popularly accepted forms and beliefs of modern Christianity.

You and most others have been brainwashed by MEN to believe that there LITERALLY exists only one god.  But the Bible NEVER taught such a thing.  Instead, the Bible speaks often of MANY gods, both in heaven and on earth…… and even more often about the ONE of those many gods who is the MOST HIGH God, and the God OF all the other ones.

You would do well to do away with those false teachings of men, and accept what the Bible REALLY teaches, Nick.

But I can't force you to do that.

Suffice to say that John calls Jesus a god twice. Thomas called Jesus a god once. Jehovah called Jesus a god twice. And Paul may or may not have called Jesus a god in a couple of his writings as well.

All these things are true and scriptural. So when you go around preaching that Jesus was never a god, you preach AGAINST the scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Some are CALLED gods as the scripture says
    Moving right along

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you one of US?

For US there is one God, the Father.

Time to stop playing games with the truth

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 03 2014,00:16)
    THEREFORE THAT MEDIATOR IS HIMSELF AS THE WORD!

So “God” NEEDED a mediator, and therefore “God” BECAME that mediator BETWEEN men and “God”? ???

Poppycock.

If “God” was the one who was going to become the mediator anyway, then what need did He have FOR a mediator in the first place?

Did God say, “I cannot talk to these people directly, so I will become a mediator so I CAN talk to them directly!” ?

Would it still be “GOD” talking to us? How would calling Himself a mediator change the fact that it was still “GOD” talking to us? ???

Come on, Charles.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ April 03 2014,07:50)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 03 2014,09:29)

I guess I'm not seeing your point, jammin.

If Jesus had human nature while he was on earth, then Jesus had limitations while he was on earth, right?  

And what did YOU tell me about limitations?  Didn't YOU tell me that if one has limitations, that one is not God?

You can't say that Jesus was God on earth AND ALSO had limitations because of his flesh nature, right?

Because if he truly was God on earth, then there would be no limitations, right?

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.  Please try again.

ok let me make this very simple for you to understand.

jesus has the nature of MAN and nature of God while he was on earth.

so if your question is about LIMITATIONS of christ, it refers to the human nature. because christ became like us and that is why HE HAD LIMITATIONS.

HUMAN has limitations.

BUT if your question is about the nature of God, Christ is all knowing, all powerful, unique, etc

Nope. Still not any nearer to clearer.

It seems like you're trying to tell me that someone was both “limited” AND “unlimited” at the same time.

But surely that must be a misunderstanding on my part, because no sensible person would ever make such a claim, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    “Because USUALLY, when someone is CALLED something, it is because that someone IS that thing.”

.1 Corinthians 5:11
    But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

474.2 Thessalonians 2:4
    who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

.1 Timothy 6:20
    O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”—

.Revelation 11:8
    And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 03 2014,11:10)
    John spoke in symbolism to say that in the future there is a man on a white horse that was called Faithful and True and is called by the  name of the word of God.  

Kerwin,

The Greek says, “the name of him is called the Word of God”.

It does not say he “is called by the name OF the Word of God” – like you've mistakenly written.

Quote (kerwin @ April 03 2014,11:10)
    John did not say that in the beginning there was a man that was called the word of God while you do.  In doing so you add to what is written.

There is no adding, Kerwin.  The entire context of John 1 speaks about Jesus, and how he came to be on earth, dwelling among us with the glory of God's only begotten Son.

It is no accident that the very apostle who called Jesus “the Word of God” in Revelation 19:13 also called the same person by the same name/title in his gospel, and in one of his letters.

There is only ONE through whom God created all things.  

There is only ONE who was sent to be the light of the world for a little while.  

There is only ONE who John the Baptist came to pave the way for, and testify about.  

Only ONE has the name by which we can become real children of God.

These things are all said about Jesus Christ throughout scripture.  But in John 1, all of these things are said about “the Word of God”.

I know that all of you SEE the obvious link here.  It's just that some of you already have your own personal wishes for who “the Word” should be, and who “Jesus” should be.  Those personal wishes cause those of you to pretend you can't see the obvious link.

This should help:

John 1
    14 The Word…. came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

17 ……grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Hmmm…….. Grace and truth came from “the Word”?  And grace and truth came from “Jesus Christ”?  Interesting.

This one should also help:

15 (John testified concerning [the Word]. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”)

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said…….

30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’

So John the Baptist said the EXACT SAME WORDS about “the Word” as he said about “Jesus”?  Even more interesting, huh?

Anyway, all of this is wasted on you guys, because you already know what it is you WANT to believe, and will therefore believe that no matter what the scriptures actually teach.

How sad for you.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,18:42)
    Hi MB,
    Some are CALLED gods as the scripture says
    Moving right along

And what does it mean that they are called gods, Nick?

Hmmm……. Well, what does it mean that David was called a king? Doesn't it mean David WAS a king?

How about when Abraham was called a lord? Didn't it mean he WAS a lord?

Moses was called “a man of God”. Doesn't that most likely mean that Moses WAS “a man of God”?

Whose the one playing games with the truth now, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So logic again forms a false foundation for you and you struggle to grasp what is spiritual?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Your approach is always in defence of your dogmas.
    When did you stop searching for truth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2014,19:12)
    Hi MB
    “Because USUALLY, when someone is CALLED something, it is because that someone IS that thing.”

.1 Corinthians 5:11
    But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

474.2 Thessalonians 2:4
    who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Is that what Jehovah meant when He twice called Jesus a god, Nick?

Was Jehovah calling Jesus one of the “so-called fake gods” in a derogatory sense, like the scriptures you've posted convey?

You also forget the last words of 1 Corinthians 8:5, which clearly and directly say, “as indeed there ARE many gods, and many lords”.

If the “gods” Paul mentioned are all just fake “so-called gods”, then wouldn't the lords he mentioned also be fake “so-called lords”?  On the other hand, if the “lords” are real, then why not the “gods”?

You're trying your best to make the scriptures null and void – but it will never work.

Nick, is it possible for Jehovah to be the God OF gods – if He is literally the ONLY god?

Is it possible for Him to be the MOST HIGH God – if there are no less high gods with which to compare His highness?

In your quest to nullify the scriptures, you'll also have to find ways to do away with those two scriptural teachings.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,421 through 16,440 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account