JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,201 through 16,220 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 25 2014,00:46)
    ed,

Philippians 2:6-7
    New International Version (NIV)
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
       did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
       by taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.

do you understand that?

Jammin ……….Are you made in Human LIKENESS. Do you have the Nature of God in you?, Is your body the temple of the Living God?, are you a Brother of Jesus?, are you a “JOINT HEIR with Him? Do you believe it says Jesus Christ the first Born of “MANY” BROTHERS and SISTERS. Do you believe Jesus said he could do “NOTHING” of HIMSELF?, do you believe Jesus was a HUMAN BEING. or do you believe he was a God “disguised” as a human being?

Paul was not talking about Jesus existence before his berth on earth , He was talking about Jesus when he was on earth he had the Nature of God it was “IN” Him, That did not make Jesus a GOD of any kind. or a Preexisted being either.

peace and love………………………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

ed,

do you understand that?

Hi Jammin,

Of course Jesus had his fathers demeanor, the bible also teaches us
    those who overcome this world will also share in God's divine nature.    (see 2Peter 1:1-4)
    But your post DOESN'T answer my question, I will re-post it for you.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

(re-posted from page 1188)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 22 2014,01:00)
    wakeup,

Jesus is God just like his father. they have the same nature, GOd.

a very good example is you and yoru father. you are both HUMAN. you and your father have the same nature, HUMAN.

Hi Jammin,

Jesus, are you suggesting, was not human?
    What are you going to do with this verse then?…    (Pitch it?)

“Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren”  (Heb 2:17)

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

All are still debating about who Jesus really is.
    Is that not so amazing;after all those years of debate?
    And still can not find the truth of who the Son is.

This means the Father is also still being debated.
    Yes; who really is God? We worship a God we dont know.
    So who do we worship really? An unknown God.
    I think this has been going on for thousands of years.
    This is only because Jesus words:Luke 10:22.

Its time to ask yourselves this question.
    WHY IS IT SO?
    AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS,STILL NO SOLUTION,BUT EACH
    PERSON WALKING WITH OWN TRUTH.
    EVERY ONE HAVE THEIR OWN JESUS,IN THEIR HEADS.

Where is the Holy spirit? Is he on a holidays?

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Faith “IS” the Substance of things hoped for, THE “EVIDENCE” of thing not seen.

I have no idea about dictionary definition but the grammar used here states that faith is but a substance and evidence. It is not speaking of what faith is based on. My faith is based on evidence, for example I believe a human being named Obama is President of the United States. I have this faith because of the preponderance of the testimony of nonspiritual sources. My faith itself is evidence of the existence of a man I have never seen and it has substance as well.

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

“Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren”  (Heb 2:17)

EDJ,

ARE YOU ASSUMING THAT JESUS WAS ALSO CONTAMINATED WITH SATAN'S SPIRIT?

SINCE HE WAS IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN?

EDJ, YOU KNOW THAT JESUS WAS THE WORD MADE FLESH! NO?

YOU ALSO KNOW THAT THE WORD WAS GOD NO?

SO IF THE WORD WAS GOD, AND GOD IS A SPIRIT, IT IS CLEAR ENOUGH THAT THE WORD FROM A SPIRIT SUBSTANCE WAS TRANSFORMED INTO A FLESH SUBSTANCE, WITHOUT LOSING ANY SPECK OF HIS EX SPIRIT SUBSTANCE OF THE FATHER,

SINCE HE WAS BOTH IN HIS BOSOM AND ON EARTH! NO?

READ:

John1:18 No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son

WHO IS IN THE BOSOM OF THE FATHER, he hath declared him.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven,

THE SON OF MAN WHO IS IN HEAVEN.

NOTICE HE USED THE TERM SON OF MAN TO CONFIRM THAT ALTHOUGH HE WAS MAN, HE WAS IN THE STATE OF THE FATHER! DIVINE

SO JESUS WAS IN ONE NATURE WITH HIS FATHER ALTHOUGH HE WAS A MAN ON EARTH! OK?

JESUS' ENTIRE SUBSTANCE WAS HEAVENLY DIVINE!

THEREFORE JESUS HAD NOTHING OF EARTH!

JESUS' FLESH BODY ALTHOUGH WAS FLESH, WAS ALSO A LIVING SUBSTANCE, HE HAD LIFE IN HIMSELF! NOT LIKE OURS DEAD!

THE REASON THAT HE RAISED HIMSELF UP! BECAUSE HE WAS GOD MADE FLESH!

THE WORD MADE FLESH

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself, so he hath given the Son also to HAVE LIFE IN HIMSELF:

OK?

JESUS IN THE ABOVE, A HUMAN FLESH SUBSTANCE, COMPARED HIMSELF EQUALLY  WITH HIS FATHER A SPIRIT SUBSTANCE! REGARDING A LIVING SUBSTANCE!

DUE TO THE FACT THAT JESUS WAS A LIFE GIVING SPIRIT ALTHOUGH HE WAS A MAN!

THE REASON THAT ONLY HIM, WAS JUSTIFIED TO DIE HIS PARTICULAR UNIQUE DEATH, FOR ALL THE DEAD CREATURES TO GIVE THEM THE ETERNAL LIFE!

REV 5:3 And no man was able, neither in heaven, nor on earth, nor under the earth, to open the book, nor to look on it……

5:4 And one of the ancients said to me: Weep not; behold the lion of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT ON THE LAST DAY ALL THE ENTIRE CREATURES WOULD ACQUIRE ALSO A NEW FLESH SUBSTANCE! JESUS'

Hebrews 1:11They shall perish, but thou shalt continue: and they shall ALL GROW OLD as a garment.

12And as a vesture YOU SHALL CHANGE THEM, and they shall be changed: but thou art the selfsame, and thy years shall not fail.

JESUS ALSO CONFIRMED THIS AND SAID:

John 26:29 And I say to you, I will not drink from henceforth of this fruit

A REFERENCE TO HIS OWN FLESH BODY WHICH WAS CRUCIFIED

of the vine, THE KINGDOM, HIS BODY until that day when I shall drink it

WITH YOU NEW

YOU IS A REFERENCE TO THE CHURCH, THE BRIDE! JESUS' BODY,AND HE IS THE HEAD! AND JESUS' HEAD IS GOD!

in the kingdom of my Father.

THE KINGDOM IS JESUS HIMSELF IN ALL THE ENTIRE CREATURES, HIS SUBSTANCE, HIS NEW BODY! THE WORD!

AND THE FATHER IS JESUS' HEAD!

THEREFORE ALSO THE WORD

AT THE MOMENT THE WORD !IS IN ALL THE ENTIRE CREATURES! OK?

ALL BY HIM, ALL WITH HIM! OK?

EDJ, ANSWER:

SINCE JESUS WAS BORN OF A WOMAN, DOES THAT MEANS THAT HE NEEDED A WOMAN?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

You are correct:  Jesus, as a flesh human being, was the product of BOTH Mary and Jehovah.

Mike,

DOES THAT MEAN, THAT GOD, NEEDED A WOMAN TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO BE BORN IN JESUS' BODY?

DOES THAT MEAN THAT GOD IN A WAY WAS SUBJECT TO A WOMAN?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 25 2014,02:30)

ed,

do you understand that?

Jammin ……….Are you made in Human LIKENESS. Do you have the Nature of God in you?, Is your body the temple of the Living God?, are you a Brother of Jesus?, are you a “JOINT HEIR with Him?  Do you believe it says Jesus Christ the first Born of “MANY” BROTHERS and SISTERS. Do you believe Jesus said he could do “NOTHING” of HIMSELF?, do you believe Jesus was a HUMAN BEING. or do you believe he was a God “disguised” as a human being?

Paul was not talking about Jesus existence before his berth on earth , He was talking about Jesus when he was on earth he had the Nature of God it was “IN” Him,  That did not make Jesus a GOD of any kind. or a Preexisted being either.  

peace and love………………………………gene

you dont understand english. go back to school boy.

ill repeat the verse for you

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,

do you see that? before he became like us, he was in the form of God.

what about YOU>?what was your form before you became human?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 25 2014,04:37)
    (re-posted from page 1188)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 22 2014,01:00)
    wakeup,

Jesus is God just like his father. they have the same nature, GOd.

a very good example is you and yoru father. you are both HUMAN. you and your father have the same nature, HUMAN.

Hi Jammin,

God bless

i think you did not understand my post

to make it simple

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,

he was in the form of GOD before he became HUMAN.

do you understand that?

paul was not referring ONLY to his divine nature, but to the essence

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [[a]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did notthink this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [c]or retained,

journey42
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Mar. 25 2014,07:06)
    Mike,

DOES THAT MEAN, THAT GOD, NEEDED A WOMAN TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR HIM TO BE BORN IN JESUS' BODY?

DOES THAT MEAN THAT GOD IN A WAY WAS SUBJECT TO A WOMAN?

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Charles,

The scripture has to be fulfilled.
    Jesus has to come from the line of Judah, through Mary,
    and Jesus is also God's only begotten Son.

The angels were called “sons of God” but they did not come forth out of the Father, because they were created.
    Whereas, “The Son of God” was “The Word of God”,
    which came forth out of the Father in the beginning just before creation.
    When the “Word” was made flesh.
    A transformation.

And how was the Word made flesh?
    God put his Word into Mary,
    and it joined with her egg to form a baby.
    “And the Word became flesh”
    and grew like every other normal baby inside the womb,
    except it was not created through sex.

Is God subject to a Woman?
    absolutely not,
    it's his plan,
    and done the way he wanted,
    and carried out the way he commanded,
    and it's only logical that his son had to grow inside, and come out of a woman to be born flesh.

journey42
    Participant

journey42,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

When the “Word” was made flesh.

I mean't THEN the word was made flesh.
    sorry about that.  Typing too fast.

journey42
    Participant

carmel,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

EDJ, YOU KNOW THAT JESUS WAS THE WORD MADE FLESH! NO?

YOU ALSO KNOW THAT THE WORD WAS GOD NO?

SO IF THE WORD WAS GOD, AND GOD IS A SPIRIT, IT IS CLEAR ENOUGH THAT THE WORD FROM A SPIRIT SUBSTANCE WAS TRANSFORMED INTO A FLESH SUBSTANCE, WITHOUT LOSING ANY SPECK OF HIS EX SPIRIT SUBSTANCE OF THE FATHER,

And the Word “WAS” God.
    Not And the Word “IS” God.

Was, Was, Was, God, before he brought his Word out, and made his Word separate to have life in himself,
    but as his image,
    with God still in full control,
    and his Word is next to him now, and can converse with him, and creates everything at God's command.
    So know's all things, and can think for himself, and is obedient and intelligent because he came out of God and made out of everything God possesses, pure truth, wisdom and power.

It sounds too amazing,  I know,
    but we cannot fathom the things God can do,
    because his intelligence and capabilities are not our ways, but far superior.
    and this is the only way it can happen from the clues he has given us in the scriptures,
    so if the scriptures are pure and not distorted, it can be understood,
    but if they are corrupted, we will never see this truth,
    and only the Holy Spirit can reveal it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    All generations call her blessed.
    God reversed Job 25.4

carmel
    Participant

journey42,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

Is God subject to a Woman?
    absolutely not,
    it's his plan,

J42,

BUT IF HIS PLAN IS CLEAR THAT HE WANTED TO BE BORN IN JESUS AS MAN OF A WOMAN HE WAS SUBJECT TO A WOMAN!

WHY DIDN'T HE CAME DIRECTLY FROM HEAVEN LIKE A METEORITE?

DON'T TELL ME THAT GOD NEEDED TO HAVE WOMAN'S ELEMENTS, WHICH WERE ONLY CREATED FOR THE PLEASURE OF MAN DURING SEX?

IF GOD IS A SPIRIT, AND HE WANTED A SON, HE SHOULD HAVE HAD HIS SON, WITHOUT BEING INTERMIX WITH A WOMAN'S OVUM FOR SURE!

IF HE NEVER NEEDED A SPERM OF A MAN, OF WHICH I AM SURE OF,WHY NOT ALSO DIDN'T BOTHER TO HAVE AN OVUM?

WHY WOULD JESUS SAY :

Amen I say to you,

there hath not risen among them that are born of women a greater than John the Baptist:

yet he that is the lesser in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

WAS JESUS BORN OF A WOMAN IN THE TRUTH?

SINCE JOHN WAS THE GREATEST THAT WAS BORN OF A WOMAN?

COULD JESUS IN A WAY MEANT THAT ALTHOUGH  HE WAS BORN OF A WOMAN, IN REALITY HE WASN'T IN ORDER NOT TO BE SUBJECT TO A WOMAN!

WHY WOULD MARY WHEN SHE WAS JUST HAVE BEEN CONCEIVED SAID:

Luke 1:47 And Mary said: My soul doth magnify THE LORD.

47And MY SPIRIT hath rejoiced in GOD MY SAVIOUR.

48 Because he hath regarded the HUMILITY of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me BLESSED

REFLECT ON THE BOLD TYPED!

Luke 11: 27 And it came to pass, as he spoke these things, a certain woman from the crowd, lifting up her voice, said to him:

Blessed is the womb that bore thee, and the paps that gave thee suck.

28But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it.

NOW DIDN'T JESUS CONFIRM IN A WAY THAT HE NEVER WAS IN THAT STATE!

I AM RATHER CONVINCED, AND THIS IS ALSO SCRIPTURAL,

THAT JESUS WAS IN NO WAY LIKE ALL HIS BRETHREN, BOTH WITHIN MARY'S BELLY, AND BORN OF MARY

PLEASE REFLECT PROFOUNDLY BEFORE YOU ANSWER!

I DID QUITE A LOT!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Mar. 23 2014,13:47)
    MIKE

you have faith in god.  

Would you say you have this faith with no evidence?

Yes David.

I have FAITH that the Bible is the written word of a God named Jehovah.  But I don't have any hard evidence to prove that my belief is true.

I have FAITH that the wonders and diversity of nature and the cosmos were created – because the thought that all of these things just came into being by chance is too mind boggling to even fathom.  But I wasn't there when God created, and therefore have no solid evidence of this taking place.

And I have FAITH that Jesus will come again, and separate the righteous from the wicked, and that there will be a new heavens and a new earth – filled only with God-fearing people.  But I have no concrete evidence to back this up.  Only the words of the Bible – which brings us right back to the FAITH that causes me to believe those words are the written words of a God named Jehovah.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2014,19:39)
    Wakeup,

Not that I am aware of.  I read a lot and book have no personal interrelationship and are open to interpretation.  The author can be, and often is, full of nonsense.  They do not challenge my believes as much as debate does.  There is no cross examining them.  A poor substitute for debate and that is the written word. A video is much worse as I can go at my own speed in reading.

I agree, Kerwin.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2014,19:44)
    Mike,

You are correct:  Jesus, as a flesh human being, was the product of BOTH Mary and Jehovah.

When did you arrive at this new belief?

New belief? Does Jesus have a HUMAN father? If not, then God is his ONLY Father, right?

How about Adam? Who was his mother? Nobody, right?

But who was his ONLY Father? God, right?

So God alone caused Adam to exist as a flesh being.

But the combination of God AND Mary caused Jesus to exist as a flesh being.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2014,20:02)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 23 2014,22:58)
    See the difference?  It didn't take “faith” to believe a formerly blind man regained sight – because they SAW it with their own eyes.  They saw EVIDENCE of it, so it didn't require any FAITH to believe it.

Faith, on the other hand, is the belief in something for which we HAVEN'T seen the evidence.

Mike,

Jesus did not say that because people saw a miracle he performed they no longer had faith instead when certain mean broke through the roof to bring their friend before a miracle worker he say their faith and told the man who was sick, “your sins are forgiven”.

That's right, Kerwin. Those men had no way of KNOWING that Jesus would heal their friend. But they had FAITH that if they just got him close enough, Jesus would heal him.

Nor do I say that seeing A miracle makes a person “no longer have faith”. Take the shadows going backwards up the steps. This was a SIGN God performed for Hezekiah, but it still took FAITH for Hezekiah to believe he would actually receive that extra 15 years of his life.

It took FAITH because Hezekiah had no concrete evidence that those extra 15 years were as good as done. In other words, he couldn't look into the future, SEE those 15 years, and therefore believe that EVIDENCE of seeing it with his own eyes.

He had to have FAITH that Jehovah would indeed do what He said He would do.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2014,20:10)
    Mike is both right and wrong. Faith itself is evidence. To Abraham God's word alone was enough evidence because he had faith in it.

Again, Abraham couldn't look a year into the future and SEE his newborn child. He did NOT have any EVIDENCE, or hard PROOF that he would have that child.

Instead, he had FAITH that God would do what God said He would do.

Faith is believing WITHOUT seeing the hard evidence.

Dictionary.com says:

faith [feyth]

belief that is not based on proof

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 24 2014,07:41)
    unless you dont want to accept that verse then you have to make your own heb 1.10 hahahah

Actually,

I only need to accept the words YOU said, jammin.

If he has limitations, then he is not God.

Jesus has limitations. That should clear it up once and for all, right?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,201 through 16,220 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account